NSM Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Old School Management Stuck in the 1970's
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJanuary 24, 2019
"Family" owned business that can't get out of it's old school ways. Technology, process, etc. stuck in the 1970's. New technology and process innovation considered a low priority compared to 1970's business as usual. Operationally and Administrationally corrupt! The only glimmer of hope is the CIO in 2017 (a visionary)!
Productive and fun environment with lots of surprises in the office
Service Desk Administrator (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PADecember 14, 2018
I haven't worked here long enough to get an exact view of what I really think. I have seen a number of people come and go and let go it seems. That concerns me as it appears to be different culture from my satellite office as opposed to the main office. I think management is a little rigid from my observation in several areas of working here. But overall its been an OK. work environment. Time will tell if this is a good fit for me.
Claims Intern (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJune 11, 2018
NSM was overall a great place to work. The culture there is pretty laid back and fast-paced, but still manages to be relaxed. The internship program was great. I was able to learn a lot about the company's products, and about the insurance industry in general.
Pros
Free lunches, relaxed culture
Cons
Pay is decent
Agency Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 7, 2018
Treated very well. vacation time appropriate. Advancement opportunities. Nothing else to add pretraining to this organization. great catered luncheons and outings.
Overall, great place to start a career.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAOctober 14, 2017
NSM is a great place to start out your career. It offers training, and an open office environment where employees feel free to ask questions. The workers and management have a work hard-play hard mentality that makes it an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Open office environment, relaxed, good management
Cons
High turnover, pay is decent
High Volumes. No Training.
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  NYAugust 11, 2017
NSM doesn't provide adequate training nor do they provide constructive criticism. Corrective actions or warnings are nonexistent. Their turn-around rate is high because their processes are outdated, management is reluctant to simple changes, and they throw you to the wolves and tell you to smile. Even then, there is no performance reviews or job security. Career advancement non-existant.

Benefits exist but are as worst at they come. They make up for it with competitive salaries, gym memberships, and company lunches.
Good pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 13, 2017
There's no job security. They also don't help their employees. The hiring manager lied to get me started then let me go for the very thing I was told not to worry about.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
No job security
Good pay, horrible management
Sales (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 7, 2017
This job has great pay and even co-workers but is ran by a group of people who have no idea what is going on or that assist their employees. Zero job security and a lot of inside favoritism. Stay away.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Horrible management and zero job security and favoritism
Not a secure work environment
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 19, 2017
From all accounts this is not a good place to work. Those rosy phony reviews following the honest bad reviews speak volumes about the management culture. A position they advertised and I interviewed for 6 months ago has already been vacated. I would not recommend this company for anyone looking for a fair-minded, friendly and truly diverse place to work.
Pros
nothing meaningful
Cons
hostile work environment, no long-term job security
Great Work Environment
Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAApril 10, 2017
Professional environment. Great work incentives and bonuses. Hour for lunch. Diversified employer. New hires are given extensive training. I enjoy the incentives and the benefits are great!
Pros
fitness center in the office, great bonuses, great working environment
Cons
limited growth opportunity

Want to know more about NSM Insurance Group?

Ask a question
Hostile environment
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 5, 2017
'Management' is very unprofessional. The dynamic of this company is: 'thats too bad' if employees are unhappy. Salary is competitive, but it's the only reason some people haven't left. Between 10-15 employees voluntarily resigned in 2016. The computer system used to quote and service customers does not function properly and expected work flow is unrealistic. i would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Hostile environment
Management has no respect for employees.
Processor (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 15, 2017
No room for improvement or advancement unless you are one of their favorites. Special rules for certain people. They make promises they don't keep. Everything is top secret. Talk about open door policy but don't share valuable information. Mini meetings twice a week and still don't pass along information about changes that are being implemented. No job security.
Pros
Free breakfast once a month
Cons
Too many to list
Not a place I would recommend
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 27, 2016
I couldn't get out of here fast enough. The management is a joke and there is a total disregard for any sort of employment law. I've never seen such blatant horrible treatment of employees. The main problem is that there is no direction from the top.
Over all good place to work
Commercial Lines Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAApril 11, 2013
Began at 7:00 and worked until 5:00 over all good place to work. Would of liked to of had more flexible work hours.
Pros
extra bonuses
Cons
work hours
Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLSeptember 4, 2012
Many lines of business to work in but not a lot of advancement opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NSM Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8