nThrive, Inc. Employee Reviews

Say one thing but actions tell different story
Sr PAR for WFUHS (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 7, 2019
Most important is to make numbers look good. High deductible medical plan puts family at risk of no health care. Charities and volunteer work more important than meeting department needs.
Poor Management
Account Manager/Content Developer/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 2, 2019
nThrive has the capacity to be a good company, however they do not care about what the front line workers have to say. They do not always promote deserving people or simply hire from outside the company. this is kills moral.
Nice company
PRN Patient Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 9, 2019
I love working for NThrive, being able to give that helping hand to patients in need. My manager had an open door policy which I live and encourages you ask questions, the process is a lot to learn but once you have it you can Taylor your workload to your needs.
Training is terrible
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 27, 2019
No organization, training is terrible run and run fast not a good place to work. employees backstabbing every chance they get . Training is terrible nothing explained to you it's almost as if they are setting you up for failure.Managers and Directors don't know the job. Most of the Managers/Directors know each other from previous jobs so they are really quick to hire people they know and those individuals do not have a clue about the work.
Poor management
Goverment par (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 9, 2019
Not equal opportunity for raises and or better position to many chiefs and no Indians every body stepping on toes to get ahead cut throats no one standing up for what's right management.
Lack of communication-no consistency
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 30, 2019
I worked remotely as an outpatient coder. The person who trained me over the phone was not consistent. The training was “scattered” between all the rules for all different specialties. I asked to be trained on a specific specialty so that I can get used to that before moving to the next because I was told I would be trained “however you learn best that’s how I’ll train you” nope. I barely knew what I was doing on a daily basis. The manager only cared about productivity and revenue at the end of the day. The flexibility of working remote was great but it didn’t outweighed the bad.. benefits were expensive and didn’t cover most of my providers. When I submitted my resignation it was not acknowledged until 4 days later when I sent another email making the manager aware and asking about next steps. Last day was as if I never existed.
Run Away
N/A (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 26, 2019
Unrealistic expectations to meet quota, low morale. No proper training. You have to adapt and make tons of mistakes and then get slapped with a write up. Poor management communication, poor client communication. Low pay for the amount of workload and duties. No bonus, no incentives.
Run
Patient access rep (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAJune 12, 2019
Family and favoritism is what this company is all about. Don’t even look for help from management. My training was a week and I learned more about the “team lead”
Family and breakfast sandwich’s than anything . Pleas don’t even waste your time
Nthrive review
Nurse Auditor (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 29, 2019
I worked for Nthrive for almost 13 years. I audit anywhere from 20-25 charts per day recouping lost money for outpatient accounts such as missed medication charges, injections and room charges. I enjoy working for them but I do not agree with how they don't support their staff for wanting to get more education.
Pros
Work remotely
Cons
Don't support desire to continue education
Great Place !!!
Traveling Health Information Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAMay 21, 2019
I worked for Precyse solutions 2007-2008. I loved working for them. I was a traveling Health Information Specialist and they offered excellent health & dental plans. Pay was very nice. Great management.
Pros
DIscounts, Travel, Per Dim
Great Company if you don't desire any training
Senior Consultant, Advisory Services (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2019
I enjoyed my time at NThrive. Pay is fair. There was no face to face onboarding. This does not help you feel like you are a part of the company. I worked remotely.
Love working at nThrive
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  NCFebruary 24, 2019
I love working for nThrive! The management is wonderful and I love the flexibility that is offered! The pay could be more, but its comparable to other companies around here.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 7, 2019
Too Many Management not enough employee. Discrimination against white people! Communication very poor. set up there own rules with time you come in
Pros
Cons
watch your back, no communication
review
Remote Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAFebruary 5, 2019
Manager was not management material. Very little education/CEU's provided. Bascially whatever job you start in you stuck there. No coding material provided other than basic code books
Pros
part-time
Cons
mangement
Run
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 28, 2019
Nthrive is a very unorganized company no one communicate with one another. The PTO is horrible no room for advancement. It's hard to transfer to different departments
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Benefits, Pto
Lack of leadership
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Saddle River, NJJanuary 23, 2019
The supervisors and managers are unaccessible. They stay on Do Not Disturb or in a meeting all day. No training on the various programs necessary to do the job. If you get assistance it comes from other remote employees who only have a few more weeks experience than you.

They let a supervisor go who was the only one offering any kind of help to the new hires. They had a portion of a contract pulled by a major client and for four days they were in constant meetings for damage control.

The production and QA is a joke. You are expected to meet production without having all of the proper tools to do the job. You are pretty much on your own without any help from management.

When the new hires have asked for training Management's response was "we're too short staffed just send an email with your question". That isn't training.

I should have known at the outset. I was scheduled for a zoom interview and the managers were 15 minutes late. They pretty much had forgotten the interview. The questions were rushed and they seemed disassociated.

On my start date no one contacted me. I followed the instructions in my welcome email and spent the first two days watching power points. I sent an email to the supervisor listed in my welcome email and it was two days before a manager contacted me to say that the supervisor was on vacation. They had no clue I was scheduled to start.

Lots of failure to communicate. The daily FUNA meetings might happen twice a week. Then it is a complain session that management shuts down quickly because they don't want to hear about the problems.
  more...

Very disappointed in the quality of service this company puts out. I'm amazed they stay in business. Work seems to just bounce from spreadsheet to spreadsheet because the new hires do not know what to do and don't have access to all of the necessary computer programs to do the job.

After two and a half months I am looking for something else.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Work from home and the lack of training.
No growth opportunities, don’t wanna get stuck if you’re looking for growth and stability.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 19, 2019
This company has a lot of cultures within the company and in the Plano location. Love what the company stand for but I don’t like the way management deal with their employee’s all of the micromanaging, gossiping all day on the floor about other employees all day everyday to other managers and employees needs to stop, showing favoritism to certain employees letting them get away with any and everything. Treating the good employees like they are invisible and that their work is going unnoticed, not being able to get to know your employees and their background as far as what kind experience that they might have to better the department and the company. When the good employees do have questions or concerns about the department and the rode blocks that each employee might have leadership will rush them about the questions they might have instead of them listening. Having unnecessary meetings everyday on production when you can just send out emails so that the employees can focus more on the patients accounts, quality and productivity.
Cons
No growth pontetial, no raises
a work day
Coding Auditor (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 2, 2019
My typical day of work will start by reviewing recent emails. I also take the time to check my calendar for meetings and reminders of items due. The most enjoyable part of the job is there is always new projects.
They’re extremely unorganized.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 28, 2018
If you’re used to working in a structured organizations with people who understand contracts and don’t lie to their clients, DO NOT WORK HERE. The company simply takes it day by day. They can’t locate their client contracts. They don’t understand how to read the contracts to know what is expected for the revenue. They provide bonuses based on a random number. There’s so much unposted cash and money they just don’t know where to put it. It blew my mind. The company will sell you on time flexibility but when you’re there, you’re miserable. The turnover rate is extremely high and morale is very low. You’ll work with people who have no clue what’s going on. They just do what they’re told. It’s pretty sad and if this company makes it more than a few more years I’d be shocked. Someone should really notify the clients how affected their revenue is and how it’s being mishandled.
Pros
Time flexibility
Cons
Everything else.
Pretty good place to work
Traveling Cancer Registry Consultant (Former Employee) –  NationwideOctober 26, 2018
I enjoyed working for them. The only issue I had was with the lady who set up our insurance plans as she purchased insurance for a company full of travelers that did not work outside your home territory. I do not believe she is still with them. Othewise they were pretty good to work for.
Pros
Fun travel assignments
Cons
Had a poor insurance plans, may be better now

Ask a question about working or interviewing at nThrive, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8