NTT Communications Employee Reviews

Learned a lot, but Tokyo management is out of touch
Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 14, 2012
I have learned a great deal while working here, but the Tokyo management and oversight is much more rigorous and intense now than it used to be. Because of that, decision making is slowed down and business decisions being made are not necessarily those that are consistent with the way American business would make. American customers, I think, have a hard time understanding the Tokyo oversight and delays for decisions.

There is the constant demand for growth, yet no investment to help that along.
Pros
good compensation, good job security
Cons
tokyo oversight and bureaucracy, slow product development
Decent culture but lacked the ability to advance and grow.
Client Director - Strategic Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 24, 2017
Culture was pretty good. Fair balance of life and work. Job growth potential limited because of lack of exposure in the US. A lot of turnover and poor management makes them a risky investment.
Great Company if you like misery
Global Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 13, 2016
Management is not in line with sales folks
High turnover in talent
Culture is horrible
Just a miserable place to work...run, don't walk
Pros
going home
Cons
everything in between
NTT Communications - 2 Stars
GAM (Current Employee) –  San JoseFebruary 29, 2012
I have been with NTT for the last 3.5 years. As of the last year management has changed many times and as of 2012 our quotas have doubled. NTT acquired approximately 5 new companies in the past two years which has put a strain on our internal processes and how we can compensated. I feel that NTT currently has a negative vibe and everyone I know on the West and East Coast are extremely unhappy and are looking for other positions.
Pros
none at this time
Cons
new management, doubled quotas in 2012
Great place to work that both covers employees and provides training opportunities
Not Applicable (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 20, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was the relaxed environment. Despite the fact that it was a very intensive environment they promoted a relaxed environment that had the typical statistical measurements, but stressed the customer first attitude. Performance was based on customer input as well as an in depth ticketing system.

The second best part was the ability to work as much or as little as you wanted. For driven people this amounts to the ability to learn a vast amount of knowledge from one of the worlds largest business ISPs.

Due to the size of the company I will not be posting my Job title for this review.
Great Web company
Senior Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 20, 2014
Good product, but pricey.
Somewhat flexible work schedule.
Standard benefits. Self motivating work place
Looking for ongoing career Opportunities
Salesforce Admin / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 19, 2014
Pros: lunches and fun/high energy environment
Nice people, normal, one of the most functional groups I've seen. Pleasure to be around all the people there.
Good place to learn about wholesale international telecom
Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New YorkNovember 17, 2015
Good place to learn about international communications, peering and datacenter. The nextwork is very well engineered and maintained
Great company
Global Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Va, VaAugust 27, 2013
Great company. Enjoyed working there. Learned a lot and got to know great people.