NTT DATA Services Employee Reviews

Found 774 reviews matching the search See all 1,506 reviews
Avoid this place
Senior Architect/Developer/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 22, 2018
Incompetent Management. paid too much for Dell Services and now are cutting jobs. Their Dell Services acquisition was a mess. Disinterested middle managers.
Generic SI
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2018
Large system integrator. Typical organization and operation. Undistinguished from competitors. Typical challenges and opportunities. Not a leader but has a number of prominent customers.
Solid compamy
Project Program Management Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJuly 17, 2018
Staff was always available via email, very helpful. Not a bad company to work for at all, sympathetic personal needs. They do recognize employees hard work and accomplishments as well.
Never a dull moment
Senior Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2018
Tons of issues to troubleshoot daily due to the image and equipment being used. Not enough concrete direction to ensure you are doing things within compliance.
Pros
Flexible schedule as compared to call centers
Cons
No PTO or benefits
US positions get 'offshored' and eliminated
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 12, 2018
The teams I work with are the best, in that regard I have no complaints. The management is in a continual state of flux and I've had multiple managers and re-Orgs in the course of the past 2 years. I've lost count. And now, suddenly, after almost a decade in my group with half in a position I started and have built - it is being 'offshored' to save a few bucks. So, yes, that effects my whole review.
n/a
Storage/Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 11, 2018
typical day includes day to day storage operations and working with different teams. Also work alongside with customer and helping them meet their storage needs
NTT Data provides
Implementation Coordinator at State Farm Insurance (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 10, 2018
NTT Data is a staffing company, and the work environment is the client environment.

Pay was good.

Benefits were excellent, including family healthcare.

Support, once the client was finished with your position, was terrible. A group in Bangladesh tries to match, but there is no real knowledge of the geography of cultures of the United States.
Pros
Great benefits, very good pay
Cons
Management feels it is familiar with US business culture, but is oblivious to American values concerning women in management
When we were owned by Dell working conditions were great, but when we were bought by NTT Data everything changed for the worse.
Hilton Lead (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 10, 2018
Working at Dell was very rewarding but we were not given raises or bonuses for the last 3 years. When NTT Data purchased Dell, we found out that our jobs were being outsourced to India & we had to stay to train the new employees to receive severance.
Pros
Loved handling the Hilton account.
Cons
No raises or bonuses for the last 3 years.
Keep looking
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2018
This is not where you want to work if you want to have a career path, good benefits, or employee-centric internal policies. The learning resources are rather poor, don't bother asking for cross-training, or to get certified in anything. The answer is typically an excuse with a "no" buried in it. I have yet to find a co-worker who isn't looking to leave right now.
Cons
Health Benefits very $$ and poor coverage, Management, No Career Pathing
Great place to work with nice people
IT Level 2 Service Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 9, 2018
I helped junior employees when needed
worked with management to improve functions that we handled with the client
the management for the project that I was on was great I would work with them again if asked
the most enjoyable part of the job was everyone that I worked with
International company with limited career opportunity
Senior Consultant / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJuly 8, 2018
Uncertain guidance, limited opportunity to excel. Limited team cohesiveness. Unrealistic meal allowance for travel. Positive: potential for long-term assignment.
Pros
Consulting / training assignments in many areas
Cons
Limited opportunity for meaningful contribution
Hire Skilled workers
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 3, 2018
I deal with our clients daily. They are very frustrated that we do not have skilled staff to meet their contractual needs. The biggest complaint is that basic Asset Management and Systems Analyst skills are lacking. We have recently turned down several highly skilled candidates for very ridiculous reasons. The people hired instead are very lacking, according to several of our clients. It isn't about pay either, they offer the same pay, regardless of skills or experience.
Management needs to change their hiring practices and bring in the skilled workers and not come up with silly reasons not to hire. There are times when they should ignore company policy and hire based on skill alone. Our clients deserve the best.
Pros
I do get to telecommute a lot
Cons
Not enough skilled employees to fill our clients contractual needs.
Will sacrifice careers for profit
Systems Integration Specialist Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75075July 2, 2018
Profits are only priority - if US citizen, do not bother applying. Company goals involve saving money by moving all positions to India. Company is moving away from remote positions. Employees are great to work with, and management is fair.

Leadership is out of touch with employees and only focuses on moving headcount to India.
Cons
Would outsource to India 100% if possible
Nope
Enterprise Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montpelier, VTJune 29, 2018
Ntt Data was not for me, not enough money, management was a mess. I don't like to be forced into reviewing things indeed, so cut it with the required fields.
Pros
occassional wfh
Cons
management and little ability to advance. Seldom raises given.
I prefer not to do this
Sr. Infrastructure Architect, Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 28, 2018
I would rather speak to you directly, so that any questions you may have can be answered specifically. NTT is a very large company and one persons opinion about any matter will be drastically different depending a a large number of variables.
Pros
Varies from position to position
Cons
Varies from position to position
They do not value employees ...
Systems Integration Specialist (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 28, 2018
I worked for a company that was acquired by NTT and since the acquisition, there have not been any raises or bonuses for us. Leadership has changed several times, and the manager I reported to directly was moved from a project manager position to a management position. The lack of experience shows as leadership was non-existent since one cannot manage a team like a project. Several employees have been 'benched' and NTT never has openings internally, but at the same time state they have thousands of open positions that need to be filled. Work is being moved from the US to offshore (mostly India) at an alarming rate.
Pros
Telecommuting
Cons
Healthcare, Management, No opportunity for advancement, Salary
Productive Workplace
Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2018
NTT Data was a great place to learn about different levels of work you normally wouldn't apply for. The management was caring and understanding when a project did not work out.
Demanding, yet fulfilling, work environment
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 27, 2018
There were a lot of decisions made by this company that I disagreed with, but there were numerous acquisitions that affected the company policy, benefits, etc. and I do believe that the company took as fair an approach as they could to satisfy their employees, though I do believe most employees had the impression to disagree with my statement. The position I had was contract-based, which made job security an ever-changing target to manage. Numerous times I thought my position (as well as the positions as those around me) was in jeopardy. This makes the environment very volatile, but I knew this when I accepted my position. Overall, I would stay with this company. I have worked for other employers that treated me very unfairly, but I would not count NTT among them.
Pros
Ping Pong Table, Good on-site management, Good employee performance feedback
Cons
No HR person on site, Contract-based work environment
Automation Engineer
Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 24, 2018
Very little structure. Interaction between teammates is minimal. Almost all interaction is done by conference calls. Very little management involvement
Wouldn't work here again
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 23, 2018
This place was a machine, basically built to churn out products and burn every employee on the way. Would not recommend working for a corporation this large again.
Pros
Cons
Tons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NTT DATA Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight