Play YouTube video button

Found 291 reviews matching the search See all 1,717 reviews
Featured review
NTT DATA Services selected this as a representative review
Great Place to work
Senior Salesforce.com Technical Architect (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 17, 2018
It was a great place to work. I enjoyed the team, the management and the project. I liked the relaxed work atmosphere and that they valued the employees input.
Worst Company culture- Very Bad HR
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 3, 2019
NTT data is the worst company i have worked for in 20 years of experience. The Human resources is really bad and they misrepresent and mislead at the time of hiring. They do not disclose things like you will not get paid for your remaining vacation time when you leave and various other things. The company works mostly like another India based software company and employees and work culture is similar. There is no career advancement and the employees are misled during interviews and made to overwork over weekends later. Job security is minimal. This is a company to avoid. Human resources is unreachable after you join and they do not resolve your issues. The support teams are all based in India and they offer minimal support to employees.
Pros
ok salary and benefits
Cons
Worst HR, bad company culture
Avoid if you can
Client Technical Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 18, 2018
No sick days, no benefits, work every holiday with no holiday pay.

I get no life insurance, no life insurance, no dental, no sick days, nor vacation days, No over time. no raises.

I was thrown on an account with no access, but still judged for the work based on full accesses. I had a total of 6 hours training working with Mainframe.

people have been there for 5 years, no pay raises. They offer "training" but its only for people with associates in technology already so don't count on the company advancing you.

My shift just changed right before thanksgiving so now I have to work even though I was scheduled off. "feel free to sacrifice your hours if you want it off: literally last minute. Its an easy job, but youll beg for more work, youll beg for training , youll beg for benefits, but you wont get it.

Do
Pros
easy work
Cons
no benefits. No raises, no sick days, no training.
Professional, Stable and Ethical Employer
SYSTEMS INTEGRATION ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 21, 2018
Good pay and benefits. Access to training material but most training has to be completed outside of work hours. Typical 40 hour work week but overtime is common including being on call and completing system updates after normal client working hours. The hardest part of the job is remaining on top of client reported issues, anticipating future issues and resolving them before they affect the client base. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to work from home and the client relationships built after many years of working through both good and bad times.
Pros
Professional Work Environment, Expectations clearly defined
Cons
Managers are not always familiar with your work and can not offer solutions to work related issues.
Can't believe this is an IT company
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 16, 2018
Run, don't walk away from this company! If you work remote however the pros may outweigh the cons. They have a HORRIBLE on boarding process. They make their employees go all the way to Herndon for a lecture on how to use their websites etc. I believe this could have been something put together in a webinar. They can't seem to get it together with access to their company portal to sign up for Benes. their compensation is just ok, but the cost you will be paying for benefits is higher than other places I've worked. Additionally, they do not pay out vacation leave if you resign and the COL increase every year is minimal. Get on with another more reputable company that offers current year benefits.
Pros
salary and benes
Cons
streamline on boarding process, pay better
Great support from management!
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 24, 2018
I was employed working as a sub-contractor with Honeywell Corporation. I worked that account for over 15 years. I was treated as an integral part in IT and handled the high visibility tough issues. My efforts in this manner allowed me to become a Senior consultant with IT for the Executives of Honeywell. There I worked as an equal with a small group of technicians globally. This was a high pressure 24/7 position that was quite demanding but also very rewarding.
Pros
Hard work is rewarded with compensation and opportunities.
Cons
Working as a sub-contractor somewhat limited contact with fellow employees.
Cutting costs by cutting employee benefits
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 20, 2018
HR is borderline non existent, many had issues getting paid correctly and on time. Tickets take days for response.
Health insurance plans are terrible.
Client company or employee provides all tools for job, NTT provides nothing.
Sick time cut in half
401k barely has positive rate of return and match is cut in half.
Tuition reimbursement cut completely
Doesn't provide extra compensation for on call periods.
Stagnant wages.
No opportunity to move up.
Bonuses non-existant.
Pay doesn't match cost of living in area.
Upper management never interacts with employees.
Pros
Client location and customers are usually nice
Cons
Everything I listed
Contract Employee
Contractor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 6, 2018
They don't communicate about what is next for your next project. I had no idea my contract was coming to an end and they don't tell you the truth to appeal to their client.
They will help you do the best you can at the site; by trying to find the right contacts. But, I didn't have the right tools, a computer, desk, phone or anything to do my job when started on client site.
You are just a money maker for them.
The recruiter who helped with salary was excellent - she fought the good fight and got me what I was worth.

For me another person - they started recruiting for our jobs before our contract ended. They new this client was very difficult but didn't inform us of the culture.
Pros
Great recruiting
Cons
contract extension - they don't care about you when it's over
UNIX Administrator
UNIX Administrator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 8, 2018
During my time at NTT, I had a few managers and all of my immediate managers were terrific. Very supportive and great leaders. My issue was that I never felt that I wasn't a phone call away from getting a call about being laid off. The company seems to be short sighted and not interested in retaining talent so if your customer position is eliminated, NTT makes very little effort to help you find another one.
Pros
Great lower management and terrific teammates.
Cons
Job insecurity and bad health benefits.
NTT DATA Workplace
PROGRAM/PROJECT MANAGEMENT, SENIOR ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  McLean, VADecember 13, 2018
For the majority of positions, you need to be billable. Once a contract finishes, the company is not very good at placing current employees on other contracts. Many training opportunities and work-life balance is based on your manager. Not a bad place to work, but don't expect to increase your salary much if you stay on long term contracts with them.
Horrible management
UNIX System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 25, 2018
Two levels of horrible managers makes for a stressful working environment for everyone. Very unpleasant individuals for managers who do not care about their employees. Raises are very few and far in between, and no bonus incentives. For the bay area it is mediocre pay for being in ITSEC. Do your research before you accept a position from this company especially if you are applying for a role in Mountain View, Ca.
They do not value employees ...
Systems Integration Specialist (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 28, 2018
I worked for a company that was acquired by NTT and since the acquisition, there have not been any raises or bonuses for us. Leadership has changed several times, and the manager I reported to directly was moved from a project manager position to a management position. The lack of experience shows as leadership was non-existent since one cannot manage a team like a project. Several employees have been 'benched' and NTT never has openings internally, but at the same time state they have thousands of open positions that need to be filled. Work is being moved from the US to offshore (mostly India) at an alarming rate.
Pros
Telecommuting
Cons
Healthcare, Management, No opportunity for advancement, Salary
Demanding, yet fulfilling, work environment
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 27, 2018
There were a lot of decisions made by this company that I disagreed with, but there were numerous acquisitions that affected the company policy, benefits, etc. and I do believe that the company took as fair an approach as they could to satisfy their employees, though I do believe most employees had the impression to disagree with my statement. The position I had was contract-based, which made job security an ever-changing target to manage. Numerous times I thought my position (as well as the positions as those around me) was in jeopardy. This makes the environment very volatile, but I knew this when I accepted my position. Overall, I would stay with this company. I have worked for other employers that treated me very unfairly, but I would not count NTT among them.
Pros
Ping Pong Table, Good on-site management, Good employee performance feedback
Cons
No HR person on site, Contract-based work environment
Good working environment
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAOctober 26, 2018
Management and co-workers are team-oriented, friendly and professional. Projects are challenging. Flexible hours with the possibility to work remote. Benefits are very expensive. Almost no advancement opportunities. Company does not offer technical training...you're on your own to keep up with the times.
Great company to start your career with
Data Analyst and IV&V Auditor/Quality Coach (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 10, 2018
Started my career here and have been very pleased with nearly all aspects of the company. Innovation and experimentation are encouraged, management is fantastic, and internal recognition is self evident. My only gripe is the advancement in pay. I've climbed the ranks since being employed, but my salary has changed very little (still entry level developer range)
Pros
They take care of their own
Cons
Health insurance
NTT is a good company. Unfortunately, GRM team is not the best to find current employees new opportunites if/when the contract expires.
SR. CONSULTANT, PROGRAM MGMT (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 16, 2018
NTT work culture is well. There is always room for improvement;however, I am rather pleased with the company. They have great benefits and awesome flexibility with work / life balance.
strong company
Telecom Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2019
I learned how to time manage my day. The workplace culture is okay. Management changed a lot. Work life balance not always there. Working from home was somewhat frowned upon.
benefits
Cons
work/life balance not
NTT Data provides
Implementation Coordinator at State Farm Insurance (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 10, 2018
NTT Data is a staffing company, and the work environment is the client environment.

Pay was good.

Benefits were excellent, including family healthcare.

Support, once the client was finished with your position, was terrible. A group in Bangladesh tries to match, but there is no real knowledge of the geography of cultures of the United States.
Pros
Great benefits, very good pay
Cons
Management feels it is familiar with US business culture, but is oblivious to American values concerning women in management
Ok
Sr Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 12, 2018
every thing is good

Most enjoyable part of the job in NTT data is good
call center job no life here ,management is horriable
IT TECHNICIAN SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 18, 2018
run away from here. low pay and no benefits, long hours
pick up phone call, no time break
no benefit at all
Managers were always angry, co-workers were not friendly. But talking to the patients were good, some patients were angry due to being called so early in the morning
Pros
Cons
run away
Poor Management and salary practices
Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  addisonNovember 28, 2018
Poor Management and salary practices. Year by year no salary hike. Even after continuously great feedback from client and new wins. Very frustrating.. Otherwise the work culture is good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NTT DATA Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight