NTT DATA Services Employee Review

View all NTT DATA Services reviews

Time for NTT CEO to conduct Q&A of his Managers & Climate Assessment for employees under them
Training (Former Employee) –  QuanticoJuly 10, 2014
The two NTT managers at the Academy, should have been identified by NTT leadership long ago (climate assessments, talking to employees) for being very belligerent. Majority of us who have left the contract felt a severe lack of trust with the managers. Funny thing is … they thought and probably still think they're doing a great job.

Several people have left the contract over the past two years because they couldn't stand the work environment, the lack of respect from NTT managers… their double standards, their boys club, how only men were in-charge, for being disrespectful to employees, failing to be the example(s), who listened to one or more other NTT employee's bogus insight and later seemed to use it as credible information about another person. They pointed fingers and failed to practice what they preached.

The "managers" complained about having to stay past a certain time (when they are the only ones allowed to secure the office), they made wise comments when asked how late they were staying (instead of informing everyone like good office managers would do), made inappropriate comments, came across as male chauvinistic, close to crossing EEO lines, and one failed to follow security procedures at times. They even failed to take care of issues relating to a female and instead asked another female to handle it. Um, that's why they're called managers right?

These same two "managers" seem to think people left because of the client or job satisfaction -- that was a small part of it … people left mainly due to the lack of positive/constructive NTT management/leadership.
  more... Many of us didn't say anything because we didn't want to burn bridges and because there wasn't exactly a secure feeling of trust. The problem persisted and will continue as long as they are there and the priority is only about making NTT $. They fail to take care of their people… who then lack feeling motivated to do great things for/with NTT.

NTT "Managers" (at the Academy) fail to manage or motivate their "team". They literally told us to shut up and color, failed to inform us of proper procedures unless it benefited them, got defensive if we asked legitimate questions, failed to spell out expectations and then complained when employees didn't know and then did something incorrectly. It appeared they made up (or finally informed us of) rules as they went along ...since none of us had seen anything in writing. They lacked integrity, a sound work ethic and the high standards they expected from the client and NTT employees.

The NTT "managers" (not the client) treated us employees as if they "owned" us and not as the highly educated, experienced, and adult professionals we are (some Veterans). They ONLY cared about the money for NTT… filling slots/butts in seats (because it's their reputation they are concerned about - and nothing else).

Honestly, they treated us like cattle … herding us nicely when it benefited them and whipped us (verbally or in attitude) when they didn't get their way. We are not treated as "employees" or those who should be proud to work for NTT. Working with them (especially how the work environment was set up… ball pen style) was probably close to working in a sweat shop . Or worse, it and they left many of us feeling like slaves (and that's a total shame).
Pros
Commute wasn't too bad
Cons
NTT Onsite Managers on Academy contract

Other NTT DATA Services Employee Reviews

Solid place to start consulting career
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 19, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at this company.

My managers went out of their way to make sure our group was happy, and for the most part we were. I only left because I moved away from the city.

A lot of the negative reviews you'll see here reflect the fact that NTT purchased the consulting firm from another, smaller company. That was the source of many of my co-workers' unhappiness, and many people left because of it.

I was never there before they'd been purchased, so I had no basis for comparison. My experience was good. Free certifications. Pay was good. Lots of training opportunities if you took advantage of them.

People are correct when they say career advancement is limited, but you can absolutely grow your knowledge in a way that will help you in your future career. They're doing this because they're giving you tools to help you sell, which will give you commission bonuses.

I also started receiving cold calls from other, more well-known, consulting firms asking if I was interested in interviewing.

Almost everyone in my location (Charlotte) was placed locally, which is a great perk for a consulting firm.
Pros
Great management, great co-workers, good pay, free certifications, lots of training, good pay
Cons
Career advancement within company is poor/takes prohibitively long, high health insurance cost, short bench time, bonuses and raises are small
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2018
I really enjoy working for this company. Management and co-workers are nice. The commute to work was also a good thing. There was no room for advancement and no annual raises.
Pros
Commute to work, co-workers
Cons
No annual raises and pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NTT DATA Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.2Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight