NTW National Tire Wholesale Employee Reviews

Bad Business
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXDecember 18, 2018
Workes there for about 3 months and I would say this job is the most ridiculously and unrealistic place to work they give you no lunch although they take it from your pay regardless they are so lost and confused on how to even operate the warehouse let's just say many chiefs no Indians. I would not depend on this job for security for any reason. This company makes you think that they are all about family and understanding. Well that's not true.
Solid company with great work culture
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PADecember 13, 2018
Company offered great training and support when I was there before the merger and was able to build a strong team and together we took the branch to new heights in sales and profitability. Mistakes were treated as learning opportunities and hard work and dedication were rewarded.
Pros
great formal and informal training and support
Cons
inconvenient location
Started Great, Ended Horribly.
CSR (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 27, 2018
When the DC first opened, there was a great group effort to get it off the ground successfully. The original manager moved on, and another one was hired on from outside the company. That was the beginning of the end. He spent an inordinate amount of time screaming at everyone as he felt everyone was out to make him look bad. The original assistant manager was a drug user who, thankfully, was eventually fired. His replacement was utterly useless, as was the DDS (outside salesman) who was also hired from outside the company. There is very little promotion from within. The district managers were related and as useless as could be. The one thing that was good was I had the ability to work my own deals and specials to boost sales, which I had years of experience doing. Their prices are high in comparison to other distributors, and you are always trying to justify price disparities with prescribed lies to customers.
Pros
No weekends (to save on overtime), good pension plan, occasional good factory deals
Cons
No lunch break, no overtime, high prices, terrible management right through the ranks to the top
nice atomsphere
Warehouse/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Loxley, ALOctober 25, 2018
its a good job just for someone who's looking for a decent paying job. Benefits is excellent and 401k as well. Uniforms and steeltoes shoes must be worn at all times in the warehouse
Loved working here
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 5, 2018
Job here was awesome wouldn’t have quit if I didn’t have to move. Management was fantastic free lunch every last Friday of the month. Always busy plenty of hours to work. Great people to work with not a job for someone who doesn’t like the cold or heat. I would definitely return to work here in the future.
Pros
Cons
Nothing to complain about
Fast paced excellent pay
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 22, 2018
Busy fast paced exciting 12 million dollar company growing all the time Given new responsibilities advanced to office management sadly the company was sold
Pros
Fun fast paced
Cons
Company sold
job is ok
Route/Driver (Current Employee) –  Halethorpe, MD 21227August 20, 2018
i come in at 5am grab my paper work and review it the i do m truck inspection, then i leave for my deliverys. i arrive at my 1st stop and drop tires .
Pros
good overtime
Cons
low pay
Good people
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNAugust 15, 2018
Fast paced but fun work environment.
Decent benefits
Great for a first job
Good character building
This job will keep you very physically active.
Cold in the winter and hot in the summer
loved working at tci for years
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 11, 2018
i was a otr tech for years loved it , and customers were great till he comes the new store manager saying lets save to make money and changes everything
Poor management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 9, 2018
Management is unprofessional and lazy. Management at Tci Knoxville is some of the worst I have seen. The employees are overworked and over stressed with the exception of a few favorites.
Cons
poor management
The manager was good for the most part
Retread tech/ 2nd shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pemberville, OHAugust 4, 2018
It not a bad place to work but the pay needed to go up and more steady hours all year with better communication between everyone and better job security
Cons
Wasn’t paid enough for being a supervisor
always kept you busy
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 30, 2018
fast pace, lots of over time, kept on toes, day went by fast, got to meet new people at delivery's, helpful, understanding of time needed off, management was okay.
Pros
day went by fast
Cons
lots of heavy lifting
i enjoyed working for this company
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 25, 2018
IT was a great place to work for,the work was easy and I enjoyed the customers and the atmosphere. my boss was a wonderful man and we got along reaaly great.
Pros
good place to work for
Cons
nothing i can think of
Poor management led to national lay offs
Commercial Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 22, 2018
Not a good environment too work in. Too much outside micro- management from home office. I really have no more to say about this company. TCI was purchased by T&W tire out of Oklahoma City.
Poor management
Driver II/Assistant Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 13, 2018
Poor management. Higher ups make bad decisions. Pay isn’t great for the stress and work you do. High turnover ratio so you are constantly having to cover for people and they don’t have many employees to begin with.
Enjoyable work environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJuly 11, 2018
TCI was a fun place to work. I enjoyed my time there. The manager was fair and the other employees were great to get along with. There was some heavy lifting but nothing too strenuous.
nice relaxed environment
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 9, 2018
Nice job with little stress. have to like to drive and meeting people. Must not be afraid to do cold calls . need to have much knowledge of tires and tire products and equipment.
Pros
flexible with family time
Cons
learn as you go mostly
Merger
Dealer Development Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Duncan, SCJuly 9, 2018
Unfortunately TCi has merged with TBC. When we were told about this merger in January they assured that all employees would remain employed and asked that none of us start submitting resumes. Since the merger has closed, they're offering jobs that include changing locations and parts of the business.
Pros
Building relationships with customers and well trained on programs
Cons
The merger
average
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 8, 2018
good place to work if you like long hours and working and having your own work truck. not an easy job but very competitive. safety is everything so be safe and work smart for the others around.
Just a job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 2, 2018
They have insurance and 401k. They do not hire new people when they lose an employee until they are forced to which causes stress on the remaining workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NTW National Tire Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.