Nu-Way Transportation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Overall
PT local Driver, then FT. Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJune 27, 2018
Nu-Way is a good company to work for. Depending on the division you are in will determine your pay and how long your away from home. The dispatching manager was an easy to work with guy.
Regional driver
Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 25, 2018
Working as a regional tanker driver for this company isn't bad. I've been with worst companies. The pay is very good the insurance is very good. Some of the problems are lack of management in Illinois taking care of our damage and broken equipment even when we report them. The workload schedule changes every week. No set schedule. We are supposed to have set schedules and set days with home time but that's all in the Wind. It's Trucking. Very good pay, dispatch leaves you alone no micro managing, dedicated account and dedicated customers to haul for. They need to have better communication from Illinois and the drivers here. Take care of the equipment and give drivers consistent home time. You're home weekly but the days change. Pretty much we are home every other day for a 10 hour off duty and for some part of the weekend but those 34-hour restart happen way more than they should and that's frustrating. Other than that you can make good money.
Pros
No hassel from supervisors or dispatch, you can run how you want, great money
Cons
Home time days change every single week, too many 34 hour restarts, poor concern over equipment, not home long enough, gone christmas and new years
Horrible
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Washingtonville, PAMarch 26, 2018
Raises are not given. Management does seem to care about its wharehouse employees. Overtime is not divided equally. Work conditions are horrible to say the least
Steady work for rookie pay.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Mokena, ILFebruary 22, 2018
Everyone here is here nice but the lie to you about the pay. If you need 1200+ a week, don't even bother filing out the application. They will tell you that you will make 1250-1350 a week but it's more like 1000. The work is steady and very easy but don't expect to get much done due to the speed monitoring. Is your ok with 1000 a week a drive slow, this is the place for you.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Everything else
Keep lookin !
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILFebruary 6, 2018
Management lies, pay is good if you dont mind working 70 hrs a week and not seeing your family. No sick time, pay for your own uniforms, at some accounts you sit for hours and hours waiting for a load, management lies,. They are always looking for drivers for a reason, its a revolving door. Drivers have not had a raise in 6 years. I would start at 600am and not get home sometimes till 9 or 10 at night. Do not, i repeat do not trust these people. I know several drivers that were set up in order to fire them. They will all stab you in the back. The account managers do not return calls if you have an issue. Money can be good if you work 70 hrs including saturday or sunday. Encore division will gross about 1200.00 per week. Other accounts pay less some more. Insurance is ok if you dont mind 1300.00 deductable per person. I was miserable , they fired me while i was looking for a job anyway. Their loss as far as im concerned.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours, management lies
Low pay for trucker
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCFebruary 2, 2018
Working here wasn't bad people were pretty cool but equipment was tore up didn't want to fix it and pay was .33 cents a mile my check was only 450 a week. As a truck driver that's not worth anyone's time need to take care of drivers and stop being cheap
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Low pay bad equipment dangerous route for low money
Good work environment, competitive pay and benefits.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  KansasDecember 4, 2017
Yes I would recommend Nu Way , good equipment and pay , if you can do the 4 weeks at a time great place to work. They pay for your transportation cost to and from work on specaialized division. Good bunch of drivers that are very helpful.
Pros
Benefits and pay.
Cons
Long weeks out.
Good for single people
REGIONAL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2017
Long hours management lies to you. Horrible accounts like central steel and KeHE foods. Trucks are filthy hours are long no set schedule. Loads are never ready when promised
Pros
Money was great
Cons
Accounts and management
Official response from Nu-Way Transportation
December 11, 2017

We're sorry to hear the job did not meet your expectations. We truly do our best to honestly explain each driving position, but occasionally some changes in business may arise that may alter the original job duties or hours. Many of our professional drivers take great pride in our equipment, so we apologize if that wasn't your experience. We love having former team members rejoin us, so we'd love to hear from you if your situation ever changes!

Dedicated to safety
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INNovember 17, 2017
As many truck drivers know. It’s hard to find a company that cares about the needs of their drivers. I have a 7 year work history with Nu Way and I can tell you from experience that if I have an issue it will get resolved. The support team in Bloomington is second to none . They are there for the drivers. If you are a self motivated person and do what’s expected of you then you will succeed at Nu Way..
Pros
New equipment, excellent management team.
Cons
I have none to speak of
Nice place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 14, 2017
This is a nice place to work your not bothered by the management as long as you do your job .But on the other hand, you do have to drive to New York and through Pennslyvania every day. You even have to travel in inclement weather. Equipment needs to be taken care of better.
Pros
Good Pay Good Work Hours
Cons
Dispatch hard to get along with and Don't take care of equipment
Small family run trucking company
Transportation Coordinator/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 3, 2017
Nice people, team environment, great office space with awesome port/mountain views. Downside of a small operation is that if 1 out of 5 office staff doesn't perform up to standards it causes friction, you have nobody to turn to for help resolving internal disputes.
Pros
Standard office hours, great views
Cons
Pay below industry average - inconsistent management
Nice Company, Good Pay
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 6, 2017
I really liked working for Nu-way. I cannot even remember the reason why I left them, but I can tell you that it was nothing about the compay. I really have nothing but nice things to say about them.
Also A Nice Place To Work.
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 17, 2017
Nu Way Was Different , Did A lot Of Brokered Loads To Get The Trucks Back To Brillion Iron Works , Where We Were Dedicated Hauling There Material, Again Office People Were All Friendly , Overall Nice Company , In September Of 2016 New Owners Came In And Bought Brillion Iron Works, And Closed The Doors , That Was The Main Reason For Moving On.
Pros
My Boss, Steady Work.
Cons
The Brokered Loads.
Solid Stable Company
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 10, 2017
Nu-Way is a good place to work. I drove a truck many years before I found myself in a more "behind the scenes" position. The management truly cares for the drivers and does their best to look out for their best interests. If there is a problem that needs solved, they don't throw their hands in the air, they figure out how to solve it....I've been here 9 yeas and plan to be here much longer.
Pros
Nice friendly people willing to help
goog place to work
TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 19, 2017
Meet a lot of interesting people. In my line of work I don't get to see management. they're corporate office is in Bloomington, IL. I work independently for the most part. They are faithful in the there employees. Payroll is always on time, etc
Dexter Andersen trash manager
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAFebruary 8, 2017
In bossier the managers know nothing about trucking,so get ready to be hassled all day.You will not get paid detention because plant takes all day filling your loads.
Pros
home on weekends
Cons
night job, no pay for detention time
Very good company but not much overtime
Welder and Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILJanuary 27, 2017
assembly fabricator welding aluminum stand steel galvanized other different material tig and mig welding I'm good worked always on time for work
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILDecember 10, 2016
Route \ drop & hook to local and regional warehouse or stores bring back pick ups to drop off at terminal location to be redistributed back out to the customers.
Pros
Professional and fun job
Cons
Traffic
I liked the job and the people.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 8, 2016
I liked the job and the people. I liked the work. I was happy it was not a road job. The pay was good. I liked the hours and they had a good system to do what we had to do during the work day.
Pros
I liked that we didn't have heavy loads.
Cons
No cons.
over all a good place to work for you are treated with respect
OTR DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 17, 2016
Delivering food products to stores - Management is always looking for ways to improve safety for the wellbeing of the drivers - co-workers are like all drivers they have their pro's and con's more pro's- hardest part of the job was not working the same hours every day . One day you leave at 1:00 am the next load might leave at 11:00 pm Most enjoyable dealing with all the different people