Nu Skin Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Productive place to work
QA (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTAugust 27, 2017
The company moved to a different location which is why i had to quit. It wasn't too bad to work for. Very quick pace job and lots of team work much like assembly would be.
Pros
Not a big place, didnt have lots of people working there
Cons
having to wear a hair net, theres no food or anything there.
sucked and poor managment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 25, 2017
i didnt like to wortk there.
people sucked and management didn't coordinate well with each other. was chaotic work to good.
temporary employment with not much room for advancement.
You have to stand on your feet all day on cement for no reason, to put stickers on shampoo bottles.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 11, 2017
You would have atleast 6 people standing around a table stickering shampoo bottles, repackage then back in the cute box they came in and then start on the next box, someone would inspect your sticker job..complain..so you would do rework so they would be happy. Atleast you could talk to people while you work.
Pros
Sometimes there were some cute girls working there.
Cons
The place is controlled by Women, you look or do something they don't like your fired.
Great Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 9, 2017
Lots of perks working for this company and there are lots of different positions to choose from. Their scheduling was a little too strict for my liking but overall I really enjoyed my time working here. I made a lot of good friends and got a ton of product. They treat you very well at Christmas time with gifts and bonuses for everyone! They really try their best to keep overall morale up.
Fun Workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 9, 2016
Order Picking early in the morning got off work in afternoon

Easy Manual Labor

Fun Management

Hardest part were days when company had a lot of orders

Enjoyed my coworkers that I met there
Very interesting work environment
French Canadian product placement representative (Former Employee) –  Provo UtahJune 11, 2016
I placed product orders for distributors in French Canada. We had a nice working environment and pretty good benefits. We were given a free massage either every week or every month.
Pros
Nice work environment and interesting work
Cons
Sometimes, we had to work a little too quickly I think
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 19, 2016
Every day was a joy where I enjoyed speaking to Distributors all over Latin America. The co-workers were so great and always willing to help. I learned how to work well under stressful situations and how to work with others to solve problems.
Pros
Free Vitamins, Free Products
Was a very fun and productive work place
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 15, 2015
Really enjoyed working here. Everyone was so nice and very helpful. Had a lot of good times as doing the work assigned. Co workers were so fun to work with. Hardest part was making sure all the labels matched the bottle just right not hanging over the side.
Pros
sometimes had lunch parties.
Cons
more breaks.
Productive workplace, management is friendly.
Product Assembler (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTOctober 9, 2015
I loved working here but had to quit because it was part-time and i needed full-time. The company as a whole was fantastic, yearly trip to Lagoon, frequent treats handed out. Great company to work for.
Pros
Treated their employees great. Trip to Lagoon every year!
Cons
only part-time available.
great place to work
Quality Assurance Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Provo UtahMarch 21, 2015
really enjoyed my time working there. still trying to get back to the company. worked in quality control verifying procedures are done the way that they are written in the operation manuals
Nice place to work, clean environment
security officer 1 (Current Employee) –  provoMarch 10, 2015
The company Nuskin is great, they are fun and its a really nice company to work for. Benefits are great. Security is a little unrealistic though. They expect you to work 12-16 hour days often (Non-negotiable) and they don't think anything of it. Your trainer is an x-cop and still thinks that the job is basically that of a police officer, so their expectations are a little unreal. Schedules can change overnight and you are expected to comply. Basically in a nutshell, It pays great, great environment, Management in this section just sucks. Bunch of old grumpy guys that don't realize most people working as a part time security guard have a life outside work. And they expect you to dedicate your time as if you were full time and receiving benefits. Also as the part time security, you are required to cover all of the shifts that the full-time employee's miss/ don't want. You are basically the low guy on the totem pole and they don't let you forget it.
Pros
environment/pay
Cons
management/ unrealistic time and job expectations
You might guess its a perfect opportunity, don't decide just yet.
Cook II (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTNovember 11, 2014
Nu Skin. This is a wonderful company with much to offer. A wide variety of benefits that makes the environment very relieving to work in. There are many interesting people to meet and always something new around every corner.

Though tread carefully when working at Nu Skin. Keep in mind that you are always being judged for who you are while here. It is not something that will just pop up right in your face to be displayed. No this is a more sinister type of judgement that is meant to put you in your place at the most off chance moment. See regardless of the quaint atmosphere of intelligence around you, most people do not see what is happening right before their eyes. And even more often, people just don't care anyway.

The management in each department is different, and I cannot put blame on the entire company. That is why Nu Skin is a great job. Though some departments struggle desperately, and have very poor management within them. The supervisors in these departments will walk all over you, treat you like a circus animal and then tear your life apart like its a game to them. If you think you have the opportunity to have a heart to heart confidential conversation about a serious problem with anyone, guess again! Don't even bother going to Human Resources about it, because it might as well not exist. There is nothing human about it, they will shove you right back out the door you came in.

So your only chance of survival is: Try to find comfort in all the benefits Nu Skin offers to counter the pain you will go through each day. Also try to earn favoritism, brown nosing
  more... and sucking up will probably earn you a higher seat in your department.

Don't get me wrong though, I respect the company's ideas and force for good. They do try to make an impact on the world and they do try to give a positive spin on their environment. They have good products and an aspiring future of business. Though when you turn the other cheek even once, lives are destroyed.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Extremely Poor management in some departments.
I worked as an independent distributor as a side job
Part-Time Independent Distributor (Former Employee) –  Clayton, CAApril 15, 2014
A company that sells health and beauty products with excellent results.
Pros
No limits to how much income I wanted to make
Cons
Dfficult to keep customers due to them not being able to continue to purchase products.
Awesome Company
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Provo, UtahApril 14, 2014
Nu Skin is a great company to work for, the only hard part is getting in. Nu Skin is so competitive because they are such a great company that everyone wants to work for them. If you can get your foot in the door you will love the company.
Pros
Free Products, Bonuses, Parties, Discount Food
Awesome benefits, great atmosphere, profitable company
Load Test Manager (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTNovember 21, 2013
I really enjoyed Nu Skin. Many of those that work at Nu Skin have worked together for 10+ years, so being accepted as an insider was difficult.

The company itself is great, and motivates its employees with several different bonus incentives and gifts.

They're business model is extremely profitable, and they appear to be a well led company that will continue growing well into the future.
Pros
Bonuses, People, Opportunities, Most of the People
Cons
Tough Clique to Join, Not Much Humor, Difficult to Advance
It was a great company
community relations intern  (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 11, 2013
A fun company to work for.
Did a lot of planning
Became a more confident person
The hardest part was that as an intern i didnt get that much feedback from the manager to let me know my weakness and strength.
I enjoyed the moments when they gave me work to do with deadlines, I felt so important.
Productive and fun environment with a caring management
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 5, 2012
A typical day at work is full of hard work. I learned to work as a team member and that the best boss is the boss that listens to their employees. Management is understanding and work with their employees. Co-workers help where they can and generally maintain good attitudes. The hardest part of the job that it at times can be monotonous. I most enjoyed the people I worked with
Pros
multiple company events.