Nu Skin Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great job
order fulfillment (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 16, 2018
It was a great job to work at. I worked order fulfillment. It can get busy some days, and other days you may only work one hour because its so slow. The management is wonderful and understand you. It is a great college job, assuming it does not collide with your schedule. The manager where extremely flexible when I needed to leave for finals early. You can have great conversations with them and they really go above and beyond to make you feel good about the work you did. If the company makes ends meet you get a bonus. Making it possible to get 4-5 bonus in one year. The yearly bonus is the biggest. Although it depends on how long you have been working. You get a raise every year, though it is only .25. if you are working part time expect to make around $1,100 every month. there is plenty of opportunity for overtime if you want to make more. You are only working 25 hours a week so keep that in mind. advancement in the company is easy, it is possible to advance in a few months if they have a position open. You also get free food every now and then. They really go above on the holidays. If you dress up during Halloween you can get money. You get every holiday paid off, not including the PTO you already get. if college did not get in the way I would have stayed.
Pros
Cons
Can be extremely busy at some times.
Made lifelong friends
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 1, 2018
I love the company Nu Skin and their products. With my position and pay however, it's not enough to live off of. The management has always been understanding and i love that about them.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
No position improvement
Fun place to work
ERP Training & Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 8, 2018
The hr and business analysts were very fun to work with at NuSkin. Their products were available at the store for employees and you received credits to purchase.
Pros
Fun, great people, fun benefits
Production
Nu Skin Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 26, 2018
This is an easy job but its a physically demanding job that requires you to stand the entire time you work. In my opinion they don't pay enough for the amount of work you do, and for how hard they push. Their attendance policies are ridiculous, and they change all the time. Management is fine, but they could use some improvements.The best part for me was the people i worked with, very fun and we always had a good time. The hardest thing to deal with (not just for me but for a lot of people) is the fact that they play favorites but pretend they don't. Also the double standards. The company as a whole is great, they care about the employees.
Pros
fun people, free products
Cons
attendance policies, pay
Great call center
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 8, 2018
Very structured and a fun place to work for. Supervisor always steps up and helps out when dealing with a difficult customer.
Great employee benefits! Fun parties in summer and free turkey for thanksgiving! Great company! Great culture!
Work from home and set your own hours
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Austell, GANovember 1, 2017
I worked long hours to get branded on social media. Had to be very sociable to sell products. The hardest part of the job for me was getting branded, but it was not hard. I enjoyed talking to people about the products and making money
Pros
Worked at your own time
Cons
N/a
Challenging and enjoyable
Support Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 12, 2017
Good culture and atmosphere to work, management works with your needs to make sure you adapt to your position. Advancement is possible but it's limited.
Productive place to work
QA (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTAugust 27, 2017
The company moved to a different location which is why i had to quit. It wasn't too bad to work for. Very quick pace job and lots of team work much like assembly would be.
Pros
Not a big place, didnt have lots of people working there
Cons
having to wear a hair net, theres no food or anything there.
sucked and poor managment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 25, 2017
i didnt like to wortk there.
people sucked and management didn't coordinate well with each other. was chaotic work to good.
temporary employment with not much room for advancement.
You have to stand on your feet all day on cement for no reason, to put stickers on shampoo bottles.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 11, 2017
You would have atleast 6 people standing around a table stickering shampoo bottles, repackage then back in the cute box they came in and then start on the next box, someone would inspect your sticker job..complain..so you would do rework so they would be happy. Atleast you could talk to people while you work.
Pros
Sometimes there were some cute girls working there.
Cons
The place is controlled by Women, you look or do something they don't like your fired.
Great Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 9, 2017
Lots of perks working for this company and there are lots of different positions to choose from. Their scheduling was a little too strict for my liking but overall I really enjoyed my time working here. I made a lot of good friends and got a ton of product. They treat you very well at Christmas time with gifts and bonuses for everyone! They really try their best to keep overall morale up.
Fun Workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 9, 2016
Order Picking early in the morning got off work in afternoon

Easy Manual Labor

Fun Management

Hardest part were days when company had a lot of orders

Enjoyed my coworkers that I met there
Very interesting work environment
French Canadian product placement representative (Former Employee) –  Provo UtahJune 11, 2016
I placed product orders for distributors in French Canada. We had a nice working environment and pretty good benefits. We were given a free massage either every week or every month.
Pros
Nice work environment and interesting work
Cons
Sometimes, we had to work a little too quickly I think
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 19, 2016
Every day was a joy where I enjoyed speaking to Distributors all over Latin America. The co-workers were so great and always willing to help. I learned how to work well under stressful situations and how to work with others to solve problems.
Pros
Free Vitamins, Free Products
Was a very fun and productive work place
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 15, 2015
Really enjoyed working here. Everyone was so nice and very helpful. Had a lot of good times as doing the work assigned. Co workers were so fun to work with. Hardest part was making sure all the labels matched the bottle just right not hanging over the side.
Pros
sometimes had lunch parties.
Cons
more breaks.
Productive workplace, management is friendly.
Product Assembler (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTOctober 9, 2015
I loved working here but had to quit because it was part-time and i needed full-time. The company as a whole was fantastic, yearly trip to Lagoon, frequent treats handed out. Great company to work for.
Pros
Treated their employees great. Trip to Lagoon every year!
Cons
only part-time available.
great place to work
Quality Assurance Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Provo UtahMarch 21, 2015
really enjoyed my time working there. still trying to get back to the company. worked in quality control verifying procedures are done the way that they are written in the operation manuals
Nice place to work, clean environment
security officer 1 (Current Employee) –  provoMarch 10, 2015
The company Nuskin is great, they are fun and its a really nice company to work for. Benefits are great. Security is a little unrealistic though. They expect you to work 12-16 hour days often (Non-negotiable) and they don't think anything of it. Your trainer is an x-cop and still thinks that the job is basically that of a police officer, so their expectations are a little unreal. Schedules can change overnight and you are expected to comply. Basically in a nutshell, It pays great, great environment, Management in this section just sucks. Bunch of old grumpy guys that don't realize most people working as a part time security guard have a life outside work. And they expect you to dedicate your time as if you were full time and receiving benefits. Also as the part time security, you are required to cover all of the shifts that the full-time employee's miss/ don't want. You are basically the low guy on the totem pole and they don't let you forget it.
Pros
environment/pay
Cons
management/ unrealistic time and job expectations
You might guess its a perfect opportunity, don't decide just yet.
Cook II (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTNovember 11, 2014
Nu Skin. This is a wonderful company with much to offer. A wide variety of benefits that makes the environment very relieving to work in. There are many interesting people to meet and always something new around every corner.

Though tread carefully when working at Nu Skin. Keep in mind that you are always being judged for who you are while here. It is not something that will just pop up right in your face to be displayed. No this is a more sinister type of judgement that is meant to put you in your place at the most off chance moment. See regardless of the quaint atmosphere of intelligence around you, most people do not see what is happening right before their eyes. And even more often, people just don't care anyway.

The management in each department is different, and I cannot put blame on the entire company. That is why Nu Skin is a great job. Though some departments struggle desperately, and have very poor management within them. The supervisors in these departments will walk all over you, treat you like a circus animal and then tear your life apart like its a game to them. If you think you have the opportunity to have a heart to heart confidential conversation about a serious problem with anyone, guess again! Don't even bother going to Human Resources about it, because it might as well not exist. There is nothing human about it, they will shove you right back out the door you came in.

So your only chance of survival is: Try to find comfort in all the benefits Nu Skin offers to counter the pain you will go through each day. Also try to earn favoritism, brown nosing
  more... and sucking up will probably earn you a higher seat in your department.

Don't get me wrong though, I respect the company's ideas and force for good. They do try to make an impact on the world and they do try to give a positive spin on their environment. They have good products and an aspiring future of business. Though when you turn the other cheek even once, lives are destroyed.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Extremely Poor management in some departments.
I worked as an independent distributor as a side job
Part-Time Independent Distributor (Former Employee) –  Clayton, CAApril 15, 2014
A company that sells health and beauty products with excellent results.
Pros
No limits to how much income I wanted to make
Cons
Dfficult to keep customers due to them not being able to continue to purchase products.