Nuance Employee Reviews

stressful environment for administrative roles, no executive appreciation
Senior Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 12, 2018
Executives are compensated tremendously based on the work of their teams (who are not compensated equivalently). There is no work/life balance and overall morale in many of the Accounting/Finance functions is very low, leading to high employee turnover.
Pros
free soda
Cons
long hours, worked weekends and holidays without additional compensation
mostly great company with great people
Manager of Research Data (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 12, 2018
I have always been able to define my own work and schedule. As a Team Leader I had complete autonomy. Sometimes there have been changes in overall company goals, but I was usually sheltered from changing priorities.
Good Place to work for me
Manager DBA/BA/BI (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 8, 2018
I got a great break here. I was hired as a consulting DBA and got to apply for the manager's position. Lo and behold I was hired.

We are struggling to build culture and still recover from the security incident from June 2017.

People don't mind asking for and offering help.
The new CEO seems to be very proactive and dynamic.
Good Company to work for
Senior Project Manager, Technology Support (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 8, 2018
I worked as a remote employee and enjoyed the culture and the freedom that Nuance promoted, a day usually consisted of one or two meetings and lots of project management tasks, meetings with management on issues and also followup tasks with customers.
The hardest part of the jobs was cost projections and corrections, the most enjoyable part was working with the customers and helping them resolve their issues.
Pros
Working Remote
Cons
lots of Meetings at all hours of the day due to time differences from coast to coast.
work from home
Senior Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 6, 2018
Being able to work from home was a great help. Training on new products was always available. There were great challenges that helped me learned how to communicate with a variety of personalities and show clients that they were important to me.
Pros
work from home
Cons
constantly on-call
Sweat shop
Senior Technical Consultant, Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJOctober 21, 2018
Consulting company, terrible working conditions, bad management, all that counts are billable hours, hard to focus, they throw you from project to project
Company To Work
Principal DBA (Current Employee) –  Durham, NC ( I work from home since 2014)October 19, 2018
barring some petty minded lower management, who try to be in "me and then My Work" Philosophy. The company acquired and will acquire many others in the business line of its "business technology". this brings in new cultures into the company mix. they may need time to get absorbed into the melting pot. that way this company is a cosmopolitan
Workplace Culture
Senior Contract Negotiator (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAOctober 16, 2018
Nuance provided and positive and professional work envirionment and culture that rewarded autonomy, encouraged independence and fostered colloaboration.
Pros
Remote Work; independence
Cons
Internal communications not always forthcoming;
Excellent place to work
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 10, 2018
Company was teamwork-oriented, with dedicated employees who consistently tried to meet customer's needs. Culture was one of constant improvement and always looking for a better way to do things.
Poor management
ORDER MANAGEMENT & BILLING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 3, 2018
Month end is crazy, managers loose control and it's so normal to hear them yelling at the employees. Too much favoritism.
However, flex time is good. If you have doctors appointments,
Pros
Good health insurance, 401k, 4 weeks PTO, Bonus
Cons
Month end is long hours
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback on Nuance. We're sorry to hear you had some uncomfortable experiences in your job and will provide that feedback to the office. During your time here you seem to have enjoyed your benefits which we're glad to see.

productive fast past environment
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  7199 S. Conway Rd.Ste.400 Orlando, FL 32812October 2, 2018
Fast past yet professional work atmosphere with managers always available to assist and train to complete the daily task.Fork lift training
was provided.
Pros
friendly working environment
Cons
fast past
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your time working at Nuance and best of luck in the future.

Review
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 1, 2018
Flexible schedule, but outdated software in a cut-throat industry. I'm optimistic about the new software that is on the horizon and good things should come within 12 months.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. There are significant investments being made to adjust our current software vendors in various departments. We're glad to see you are optimistic on a new software it seems your department is reviewing as this is an important part for us to move the company forward.

Soul Sucking
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MASeptember 18, 2018
If you were a storm trooper minion on the death star, how would you rate the "good work" being done by the emperor? "He's very efficient at killing millions quickly" perhaps? Just a horrible management culture. But if you like the constant lying of the current president, you may have found your match in Nuance. Good luck!
Pros
Made payroll
Cons
Led by a dispicable leader for the past 15 years
Poor work/life balance
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MASeptember 6, 2018
Workplace culture created an "every man for himself" mentality. Regularly worked 70+ hours each week. Loved working remotely and pay. Enjoyed working with people from around the world.
October 10, 2018

We’re sorry to hear you had a poor experience and your work/life balance was lacking. It’s important to receive this feedback and your department so HR can properly address this. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we are hapy to see you enjoyed the flexibility, compensation and team dynamic while you were with us.

Good technology, but...
Enterprise (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 5, 2018
I really want to like this company, because their technology is truly tremendous. BUT, they don't make it easy... Limited transparency, constant chaos, poor management...
Horrible Work Environment, Little or No Training, Terrible Management, and Way Too Stressful!
technical support engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 23, 2018
I worked for this company for over 10 years, and I can honestly say I regret not leaving sooner. This was the most stressful job I have ever had, and it wasn't because of the work involved, but due to the terrible micro-management and unfair expectations set, paired with little or no training. Being tasked with a project and you focus on that, and while working on said project your manager walks over to you and tells you to pull a call. Then an hour later wonders why you are not done with your project. There is not enough $$ to pay me to ever go back to this place. It was so depressing to work there. I witnessed about 10 plus people die over my tenure there; probably due to stress. No advancement at all unless you want to become a manager. And if you do, you will most likely get fired. When I say no advancement, I literally mean it. You will have the same title forever as they do not offer tiered positions. If you are not buddy buddy with management watch out. They will micro manage the heck out of you! I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
pay, paid time off, stock options
Cons
Everything Else about the job except the money and benefits is the worst I have ever been at!
Hostile environment
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 21, 2018
The workers very prejudice and degrading. The work place is full of politics. They do not provide the proper training. There are clicks in the department that make people with in that click feel privileged and do priviledged things. They don't value their workers. They have to know what your doing at ALL TIMES. They expect you to be a robot. The food in the cafe is good.
Pros
Free drinks and popcorn
Cons
Stressfull environment
Great Benefits
Client Success Executive (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 14, 2018
Nuance allowed access to some great benefits as well as ESPP and other programs that were very employee centric. The amount of conference calls were extreme and often times double booked. Travel requirements weren't to bad but not consistent between managers.
It has been a great place to work.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 6, 2018
I have had a very positive work experience with this company. I enjoyed working for this company. I had a positive experience and promotions within this company.
Good company to work for but they will lay off employees with no hesitation
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Confidence, CAAugust 2, 2018
Good company to work for. There are dedicated and professional employees there. My division had some nice and collaborative people. They have the worst severance package that I know of. Benefits were going down hill just like other large companies.
Pros
Stock options, employee stock purchase
Cons
Expensive health insurance, pushing you to high deductible plans

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nuance. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss