Nuance Employee Reviews

Company To Work
Principal DBA (Current Employee) –  Durham, NC ( I work from home since 2014)October 19, 2018
barring some petty minded lower management, who try to be in "me and then My Work" Philosophy. The company acquired and will acquire many others in the business line of its "business technology". this brings in new cultures into the company mix. they may need time to get absorbed into the melting pot. that way this company is a cosmopolitan
Workplace Culture
Senior Contract Negotiator (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAOctober 16, 2018
Nuance provided and positive and professional work envirionment and culture that rewarded autonomy, encouraged independence and fostered colloaboration.
Pros
Remote Work; independence
Cons
Internal communications not always forthcoming;
Could not make a living, could not support self.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 16, 2018
Worked very hard at my job as I had at other jobs and could not keep afloat with minimum wages. Work was very stressful. Did not have teamwork. Did not enjoy working.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Did not allow one to make a living.
Excellent place to work
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 10, 2018
Company was teamwork-oriented, with dedicated employees who consistently tried to meet customer's needs. Culture was one of constant improvement and always looking for a better way to do things.
Poor management
ORDER MANAGEMENT & BILLING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 3, 2018
Month end is crazy, managers loose control and it's so normal to hear them yelling at the employees. Too much favoritism.
However, flex time is good. If you have doctors appointments,
Pros
Good health insurance, 401k, 4 weeks PTO, Bonus
Cons
Month end is long hours
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback on Nuance. We're sorry to hear you had some uncomfortable experiences in your job and will provide that feedback to the office. During your time here you seem to have enjoyed your benefits which we're glad to see.

productive fast past environment
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  7199 S. Conway Rd.Ste.400 Orlando, FL 32812October 2, 2018
Fast past yet professional work atmosphere with managers always available to assist and train to complete the daily task.Fork lift training
was provided.
Pros
friendly working environment
Cons
fast past
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your time working at Nuance and best of luck in the future.

Review
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 1, 2018
Flexible schedule, but outdated software in a cut-throat industry. I'm optimistic about the new software that is on the horizon and good things should come within 12 months.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. There are significant investments being made to adjust our current software vendors in various departments. We're glad to see you are optimistic on a new software it seems your department is reviewing as this is an important part for us to move the company forward.

Soul Sucking
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MASeptember 18, 2018
If you were a storm trooper minion on the death star, how would you rate the "good work" being done by the emperor? "He's very efficient at killing millions quickly" perhaps? Just a horrible management culture. But if you like the constant lying of the current president, you may have found your match in Nuance. Good luck!
Pros
Made payroll
Cons
Led by a dispicable leader for the past 15 years
Poor work/life balance
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MASeptember 6, 2018
Workplace culture created an "every man for himself" mentality. Regularly worked 70+ hours each week. Loved working remotely and pay. Enjoyed working with people from around the world.
October 10, 2018

We’re sorry to hear you had a poor experience and your work/life balance was lacking. It’s important to receive this feedback and your department so HR can properly address this. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we are hapy to see you enjoyed the flexibility, compensation and team dynamic while you were with us.

Good technology, but...
Enterprise (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 5, 2018
I really want to like this company, because their technology is truly tremendous. BUT, they don't make it easy... Limited transparency, constant chaos, poor management...
Horrible Work Environment, Little or No Training, Terrible Management, and Way Too Stressful!
technical support engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 23, 2018
I worked for this company for over 10 years, and I can honestly say I regret not leaving sooner. This was the most stressful job I have ever had, and it wasn't because of the work involved, but due to the terrible micro-management and unfair expectations set, paired with little or no training. Being tasked with a project and you focus on that, and while working on said project your manager walks over to you and tells you to pull a call. Then an hour later wonders why you are not done with your project. There is not enough $$ to pay me to ever go back to this place. It was so depressing to work there. I witnessed about 10 plus people die over my tenure there; probably due to stress. No advancement at all unless you want to become a manager. And if you do, you will most likely get fired. When I say no advancement, I literally mean it. You will have the same title forever as they do not offer tiered positions. If you are not buddy buddy with management watch out. They will micro manage the heck out of you! I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
pay, paid time off, stock options
Cons
Everything Else about the job except the money and benefits is the worst I have ever been at!
Hostile environment
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 21, 2018
The workers very prejudice and degrading. The work place is full of politics. They do not provide the proper training. There are clicks in the department that make people with in that click feel privileged and do priviledged things. They don't value their workers. They have to know what your doing at ALL TIMES. They expect you to be a robot. The food in the cafe is good.
Pros
Free drinks and popcorn
Cons
Stressfull environment
Great Benefits
Client Success Executive (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 14, 2018
Nuance allowed access to some great benefits as well as ESPP and other programs that were very employee centric. The amount of conference calls were extreme and often times double booked. Travel requirements weren't to bad but not consistent between managers.
It has been a great place to work.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 6, 2018
I have had a very positive work experience with this company. I enjoyed working for this company. I had a positive experience and promotions within this company.
Good company to work for but they will lay off employees with no hesitation
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Confidence, CAAugust 2, 2018
Good company to work for. There are dedicated and professional employees there. My division had some nice and collaborative people. They have the worst severance package that I know of. Benefits were going down hill just like other large companies.
Pros
Stock options, employee stock purchase
Cons
Expensive health insurance, pushing you to high deductible plans
Company built to create $$$ for top-management
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  MontrealJuly 31, 2018
As an employee there, you will be used to create value for top management to get it from you. Although they spell it out that it is a great company, you are a disposable resource (the yearly cut of the bottom 20% is their best expression of this). Fail to perform one year, and you are out.
Nice place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJuly 21, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Nuance. My day typically starts with checking my calendar, opening programs, reviewing email and responding as needed. In general, we are left to manage our book of business without a lot of micromanaging. Management is responsive and helpful. Regular meetings are held to keep everyone informed in my division. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with clients and employees as everyone works together very well. Nuance has provided a lot of training and classes over the years which have prepared us and helped position us to be leaders in our respective teams.
July 30, 2018

Thank you for your review on Nuance. We're glad to hear you are enjoying your experience with us!

Fun place to work
Sr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed my work time at Nuance. Challenging work environment, helpful managers and staff, friendly work environment. Anyone perusing Nuance as a work option is making a good choice
July 30, 2018

Thank you for your feedback on Nuance. It's good to see you had a challenging work environment that you enjoyed and the employees around you were all helpful!

Nuance is a great company
Operations Manager - Home Based (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJuly 18, 2018
I worked for Nuance for almost 14 years and they were very good to me. I don't have anything negative to say. They helped me grow as a manager, and I had exceptional managers as mentors.
July 30, 2018

Thank you for your feedback on us! We're glad to see you are enjoying your role.

CEO makes millions of dollars yearly while employees struggle to pay bills.
Quality Control, Medical Language Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 1, 2018
Typical day: Transcribing/editing dictated medical reports.
Learned: Nothing except that management says they care about employee needs but really do not.
Management: False sense of caring for employee needs.
Workplace Culture: Remote with conference calls only when there is an apparent problem brought to management's attention.
Hardest Part of Job: Dealing with lack of positive feedback and/or contact with other employees.
Most Enjoyable Part of Job: Working remotely.
Pros
None.
Cons
Low pay, no contact with fellow employees, lack of positive communication from management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nuance. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss