Nuance Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Benefits
Client Success Executive (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 14, 2018
Nuance allowed access to some great benefits as well as ESPP and other programs that were very employee centric. The amount of conference calls were extreme and often times double booked. Travel requirements weren't to bad but not consistent between managers.
Medical Transcription, mostly speech recognition
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 13, 2018
I would not recommend Nuance to anyone. I worked for another company that got bought out by Nuance and things went downhill from there. Most jobs went overseas. Poor management, poor QA. Extensive, confusing subjective system for checking errors that only worked in management's favor.
Pros
None. Health Insurance was expensive and not very good.
Cons
Work sent overseas. Often made to switch to other accounts. Sometimes no work. Difficult accounts.
Does NOT value their employees
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 11, 2018
Lets people go with no warning. No communication. No loyalty to seasoned workers. Heartless. Seemed promising for a few years and everything fell apart.
Medical Transcription
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 10, 2018
Not a good company to work for if you are just starting out as a MT. They expect quantity not quality. If you pride your self on accuracy, then this company may not be a good fit for you.
Pros
Able to work from home
Cons
Very long hours
Horrible
MT (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 10, 2018
Laid me off - Cold, does not care about us. Supposed to work 40 hours a week and was lucky if I got 20. Pay was so low I could not live on it, could have made more working at McDonald's. If I lived over seas I could be making money. Horrible horrible horrible. Do NOT work here. Was promised severance pay that I have still yet to see.
Cons
It has been a great place to work.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 6, 2018
I have had a very positive work experience with this company. I enjoyed working for this company. I had a positive experience and promotions within this company.
They deserve a zero
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 5, 2018
I would not want anyone to work for this company. They don't pay enough. They ship too much work to India. They don't regard their employees with respect. We just don't matter.
Pay production with a lot of downtime
Radiology Transcriptionist/Editor (NTS-Home-based) (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 3, 2018
Stressful with less pay working production. No advancement and can only work your 40 hours. Each shift has at least 20 transciptionist grabbing reports for the line count.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
low pay and expensive healthcare
good for those who do not want to see others
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  homeAugust 3, 2018
rare communication with supervisor(s) and no communication with peers, work in isolation at home. many references available, but time constriction did not allow for learning how to use these references effectively.
Pros
no driving to work
Cons
work without suggestions for work style improvement
Left after 10 months
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 2, 2018
I cannot provide a very valid evaluation about my time at Nuance because I had some health issues while I worked there and ended up on Social Security Disability insurance. However, when we were "off-boarded" from Mission Health to Nuance Communications, Nuance made some misrepresentations concerning pay and benefits that turned out to be untrue. I could return there but do not wish to do so.
Pros
Work for which I was suited
Cons
Not nearly as desireable as Mission Health; made far less money.

Want to know more about Nuance?

Ask a question
Good company to work for but they will lay off employees with no hesitation
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Confidence, CAAugust 2, 2018
Good company to work for. There are dedicated and professional employees there. My division had some nice and collaborative people. They have the worst severance package that I know of. Benefits were going down hill just like other large companies.
Pros
Stock options, employee stock purchase
Cons
Expensive health insurance, pushing you to high deductible plans
Company built to create $$$ for top-management
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  MontrealJuly 31, 2018
As an employee there, you will be used to create value for top management to get it from you. Although they spell it out that it is a great company, you are a disposable resource (the yearly cut of the bottom 20% is their best expression of this). Fail to perform one year, and you are out.
Nice place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJuly 21, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Nuance. My day typically starts with checking my calendar, opening programs, reviewing email and responding as needed. In general, we are left to manage our book of business without a lot of micromanaging. Management is responsive and helpful. Regular meetings are held to keep everyone informed in my division. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with clients and employees as everyone works together very well. Nuance has provided a lot of training and classes over the years which have prepared us and helped position us to be leaders in our respective teams.
July 30, 2018

Thank you for your review on Nuance. We're glad to hear you are enjoying your experience with us!

Fun place to work
Sr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed my work time at Nuance. Challenging work environment, helpful managers and staff, friendly work environment. Anyone perusing Nuance as a work option is making a good choice
July 30, 2018

Thank you for your feedback on Nuance. It's good to see you had a challenging work environment that you enjoyed and the employees around you were all helpful!

Nuance is a great company
Operations Manager - Home Based (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJuly 18, 2018
I worked for Nuance for almost 14 years and they were very good to me. I don't have anything negative to say. They helped me grow as a manager, and I had exceptional managers as mentors.
July 30, 2018

Thank you for your feedback on us! We're glad to see you are enjoying your role.

CEO makes millions of dollars yearly while employees struggle to pay bills.
Quality Control, Medical Language Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 1, 2018
Typical day: Transcribing/editing dictated medical reports.
Learned: Nothing except that management says they care about employee needs but really do not.
Management: False sense of caring for employee needs.
Workplace Culture: Remote with conference calls only when there is an apparent problem brought to management's attention.
Hardest Part of Job: Dealing with lack of positive feedback and/or contact with other employees.
Most Enjoyable Part of Job: Working remotely.
Pros
None.
Cons
Low pay, no contact with fellow employees, lack of positive communication from management.
Productive with excellent PTO
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJune 24, 2018
I would start at 6am and start answering phones. I would help clients get the medical reports they needed quickly and make medical corrections as needed. It was a very fast paced job because you had to watch to make sure that your report was being typed, and if it was not, you had to call managers (any time of the day or night) to get it started. You had to do that while taking numerous other calls and handling their needs as well. Once a report was finished, I had to call the client back and sometimes fax it to them. I would have to watch up to 15 reports at a time. I was also required to give 30 minute updates to the client as well and escalate to the team leaders and managers as needed. We would also have to record and case calls if we were not able to help them and move the cases to other areas.
Pros
Flexible breaks while working from home
Cons
continually on the phone
Very stressful
Medical Transcription Editor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJune 19, 2018
It was nice to work at home but most of their work is now being sent overseas.to India now as they can save a lot of money sending work offshore. The business of MT has definitely diminished in the US.
Pros
working at home
Cons
pay
Upper Management
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 28, 2018
Upper Management does not get affected for making bad decision which causes people to lose their job. Lot of talented people work in Nuance. Acquisitions are not successful.
June 6, 2018

Thank you for your review. It's good to hear you work with talented people in your department. We hope you share specific feedback with HR or your Manager, whomever you are more comfortable with in regards to your concerns.

Aquisitve Company with no Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 25, 2018
Due to the number of acquisitions, Nuance struggles to have any real company culture. A typical day at work consists of working with peers who have different expectations about their day to day responsibilities. Also, there is high turnover across the board, from the executives to administrators. There are a number of unprofessional people who are in management roles there.
Benefits
Cons
Number of recent layoffs
June 6, 2018

Thank you for your feedback on Nuance. Integrating our acquisitions is a top priority for us and any feedback you had on how to better do this we hope you shared with HR prior to leaving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nuance. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight