Nuclear Care Partners Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great care for great people
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 1, 2018
Great company actually owned by nurses who are very involved with day to day operations and will answer an email when you write them! Hours are flexible and pay is great. Patients are some of the most wonder people to work with.
Pros
Benefits flexible schedule leadership
Cons
Still looking for one
NCP is a caring company that is committed to exceptional patient care.
Home Health RN and Chart Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Home-IdahoApril 10, 2018
NCP is an excellent company to work for with close attention to patient care and employee consideration. I have thoroughly enjoyed working with the great company.
Laid back
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 6, 2018
This was a job I needed getting out of a hospitals setting, laid back with plenty of hours available. Good management and independent work. Pay raises after one year, benefits after 90 days of 36-40 hrs. Team work is good and communication is better than the hospital setting.
Company that lives its Mission Statement.
Community Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 24, 2018
I have been working at NCP over a year now and its by far the best job I have ever had. Managment listens to you. The people are great and the patients we serve are the best. We share ideas, successes, and ways to improve to do the best job we can.
Productive and Caring Workplace
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 23, 2018
Working at Nuclear Care Partners you can expect an exciting, fast-paced environment where everyone is committed to providing superior care to former atomic workers. The executive team is always available to help and truly wants to get to know their employees. There is plenty of room for advancement and career opportunity. Anyone looking for a rewarding career and fast-paced environment should consider Nuclear Care Partners.
One to one nursing care, flexible schedule
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 23, 2018
NCP is a fast growing company that cares for former DOE workers in their home. This job provides a flexible schedule and autonomy. In many ways, it's the "dream job" for nurses because you actually get to spend significant time one on one with your patients providing education and really getting to know them. This is critical to early intervention and prevention of hospital admissions or exacerbations of their illness. There is such pride in the work because you really feel like you are making a difference in the lives of your patients. The local and corporate office is very supportive and the Case Managers are great partners in care. Overall this has been a great job and I don't intend to leave anytime soon!
Pros
Time with patients, supportive environment, making a difference
Cons
On-boarding paperwork
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 17, 2018
NCP seemed like a good place to work at. Unfortunately after one year and a few months into it, the department of labor who funds the medical care for former workers changed the guidelines leading to disqualification of most patients and leading to firing most of the PT staff.
January 18, 2018

We are so very sorry for this experience. We apologize for the DOL's change which impacted our Therapy staff. NCP is working diligently with the DOL to establish guidelines where we can provide Therapy to our patients in a clinic setting.

-Corporate

Compensation is a joke. Don't waste your time.
RN (Former Employee) –  Piketon, OHJanuary 8, 2018
I loved my patients. My co-workers were great and supportive. Unfortunately not many stick around because the compensation is ridiculously low. They claim to pay competitive wages, but the hourly pay is much lower than the competition. Mileage reimbursement is also significantly lower. Charting is done online but you must provide your own personal laptop. One is not provided for you. If you aren't able to chart in a patient's home due to lack of wifi and have to do it at home, you are not paid for your time. And I have never seen a hiring packet that was as extensive as this company...close to 50 pages which I had to pay to fax to their corporate office in Colorado. The orientation consisted of essentially a Skype conversation with a nurse in Arizona. There was no job shadowing to speak of. I got the impression that the corporate office is more idealistic than realistic. I ended up going back to my former employer after a couple months at NCP. The out-of-pocket expenses involved with this company are most definitely not balanced by the compensation and there is definitely a sense of disorganization within the office.
Pros
Supportive Co-workers, Great patients
Cons
Lack of compensation, Out of pocket expenses
January 18, 2018

We are very sorry you had this experience. As we continue to grow at the fast rate we have been, we are working very hard to stay ahead of the curve with our compensation as well as our hiring process. Our internal team has been working tirelessly to create an internal, automated process for bringing on new employees that will be implemented very soon. Being an Accredited organization requires us to follow guidelines that create an increased amount of paperwork when hiring. We know this is a burden and are working on ways to streamline the process. Our compensation is competitive for each area and there are many factors that go into how we pay our staff. Factors include but are not limited to; years of experience, education, position and the market rate for the area in which you are located. We pride ourselves on standing behind our statement of competitive wages. I apologize you felt we did not meet this commitment. For patient privacy and HIPAA purposes, as well as disease prevention we provide a tablet in each of the patient's home for charting convenience. It is our understanding that having your own laptop is a much easier option, and preferred by many employees. I hope this speaks to some of your points, again we apologize you feel this way about your employment with NCP. We appreciate your feedback, as we continue to revamp our processes to ensure others do not feel these issues.

I loved working for this company.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 8, 2018
Working for this company was wonderful. They always checked to make sure you are happy. If you have a problem they would help you fix it. They are more then a company they are wonderful bunch of careing people.
January 18, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We continuously strive to hire amazing team members who share our vision and values and who have a positively impact us as well as the extraordinary patients we serve. Thank you for all you do!

-NCP

Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CODecember 16, 2017
Beware CNA's ! They make you give up your patients and hours to the new hires. You build up a schedule & certain hours only for the bad managers to pull it from you as they please. They treat CNA's like second class. RN's can take hours from you and mess up your schedule. I found a better job !
Pros
Great patients.
Cons
Nurses & Managers
Beware of management, no pto or sick time available for cna staff
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delta, CONovember 3, 2017
Beware of management, if an issue is said they don't properly investigate and talk to all the people they just automatically believe, poor direction/training, great patients to care for and great family as well, no pto or sick time available for cna staff, poor communication from management, if you ask for help from management not likely you'll get help
Pros
Great patients
Cons
Management not team unit with field staff, no pto or sick time available for cna staff, hard to get help from management, poor communication from management staff
Overall a good company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 25, 2017
Overall, NCP is a good company, at least corporate. Locally, they need a lot of work when it comes to their management but I love every one of my patients!
friendly work environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDSeptember 12, 2017
A very good place to work. The staff were very accommodating to family life for there employees as well as their residents. They are a HHS for residents in their home that worked for the INL. It is a 24hr service with 12 hour shifts.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
No benefits.
Amazing work place.
Marketer (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJune 15, 2017
I feel in love with Nuclear care partners when I came into interview and they toured me around the office, every associate came out of their office and shook my hand. Great people all around that are in the business for the right reasons. True passion and integrity from the top down. Just overall blessed to work with such an honest company.
Wonderful organization
Finance Department (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 15, 2017
NCP is a patient and employee centered organization. Their commitment to their Mission statement, Vision statement, and Values show through when it comes to the company culture that is created from their leaders.

It is a very fast growing company, but has allowed many advancement opportunities for employees, as many opportunities for advancement of employees have presented themselves.

A great organization for your career.
Great Culture
HR Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 22, 2017
I can't imagine working anywhere else or sending my friends and/or family anywhere else. From the clinical staff to the employees behind the computer you will not find a more passionate, dedicated, knowledgeable, professional company. I have only been here for approx. 6 months and NCP has already supported and encouraged me to grow. I am so grateful NCP values the professional development of their employees.
Creating your own schedule, working with great people
Registered Nurse Hospice (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 3, 2016
A typical day at work was making my own schedule. Seeing residents from admit to death. Loving the residents as a family member
Pros
Residents and their familys.. The autonomy. Trust of my ethics.
Cons
Excellent team work and care provided.
RN (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 21, 2016
Great place to work if you don't need to have consistent hours. No benefits for field staff and no guarantee of hours. The company has great team work and support.
Pros
Team work, support
Cons
Training and orientation, no consistent schedule or hours
Amazing young company with huge future potential. I cant say enough good things about the management.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDDecember 23, 2015
NCP is a very specialized type of home care for Department of Energy workers who have been exposed to toxic substances, radiation, or asbestos in their work environments and have become chronically ill as a result of their exposure. As a nurse with 25 years of health care experience, I can truly say this is the most amazing company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Team environment and great support from management
Cons
Fast growing co. with many ongoing changes, a lot of specifics about DOL regulations to learn.
Exceptional team
RN (Current Employee) –  Riverton, WYDecember 18, 2015
NCP provides an exceptional team to work with while providing individual home health care our patients that worked in the radiation industry without knowledge of risk to their health. NCP provided educational opportunities for all staff to provide top notch care to each patient per their DOL approved diagnosis.

Resources are available to meet specifics for DOL specific systems approved diagnosis, however, this also makes it difficult for nurses to treat the 'whole' person.
Pros
Exceptional team, autonomy
Cons
DOL specific charting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nuclear Care Partners. Our community is ready to answer.