Nuclear Care Partners
Happiness rating is 71 out of 100

Nuclear Care Partners Employee Reviews

United States114 reviews

nuclearpatientnursepartnerchartnursingcarehealth

One to one nursing care, flexible schedule

Featured review

Nuclear Care Partners selected this as a representative review
NCP is a fast growing company that cares for former DOE workers in their home. This job provides a flexible schedule and autonomy. In many ways, it's the "dream job" for nurses because you actually get to spend significant time one on one with your patients providing education and really getting to know them. This is critical to early intervention and prevention of hospital admissions or exacerbations of their illness. There is such pride in the work because you really feel like you are making a difference in the lives of your patients. The local and corporate office is very supportive and the Case Managers are great partners in care. Overall this has been a great job and I don't intend to leave anytime soon!

Pros

Time with patients, supportive environment, making a difference

Cons

On-boarding paperwork

Wonderful patients but unstable work and communication very poor.

I worked at NCP for over a year - it was disappointing to have such unstable work. It is not the place you will be able to work consistently if you want full-time work. I never felt supported by the home office or clinical administration. It wasn't easy for me to provide actual care to patients who were very high functioning and in reality, did not need our services. Our marketing manager was very helpful and she was my go-to person for understanding the program and helping our patients. The benefits (medical, mileage) are horrible I reluctantly left due to a lack of meaningful work, hours, and management

Pros

Patients

Cons

unsupported by management, lack of meaningful work RN

Nuclear Care Partners insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

NCP has been a blessing since day 1

I worked here for nearly a year in the corporate office and I loved every minute of it. The staff is amazing, management is engaging and my work always feels rewarding. Everyone is so kind and this is the first company I've ever worked for that genuinely cares about me and my family. As a parent of a disabled child, NCP was beyond willing to bend over backwards for me, allowing me to take the time I needed to take to care for my son at a moments notice. Upper management was always so engaging in my development as well which I valued. My favorite part of my career at NCP, was the comradery amongst the coworkers. Yes this is a big company, but it honestly felt like a small family. Making friends was effortless, and everyone was always warm and friendly. I have nothing but love and respect for NCP. I've learned so much from everyone and I wish for nothing but great things for them. I'd recommend NCP to everyone.

The wonderful patients that I work with

The patients are wonderful. I’m able to interact with them on a personal level. I have great managerial support. There is regular training which is helpful.

Desperate for patients - ineffective management

I felt very lucky when I got this job - the people we help are fantastic. From the beginning NCP core values are emphasized however leadership seems to dismiss the core values and behaves disingenuous, sneaky and rude. I have never been employed at a company who devalues their employees as much as NCP. Clinical staff are asked to creat value with patients who don’t even need care which is insulting to the people we help and is reflective of NCP desperation for patients. Our nurses are burnt out, uncommitted and unhappy. The same is to be said by our marketers -The benefits are a joke and it’s a sad place to work. NuclearCare Partners Accreditation has nothing to do with the onboarding which is painfully slow and an extremely old system. Stop making excuses of why we can’t onboard more efficiently.

Pros

Patients

Cons

Everything else - ineffective management - desperate for patients

May 26, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience with Nuclear Care Partners didn’t match your expectations and we will use this feedback as an opportunity to improve and ensure future experiences are more positive. Our Core Values of We Do the Right Thing, Own It, Make Connections, and We Are Kind guide our behaviors and define our culture. This year we are focusing on many initiatives that revolve around our values including employee engagement, communication, and process improvements. Our leadership teams are also devoting focused time with branch locations across the country to identify, discuss and solve challenges and navigate obstacles. While patients’ care hours and level of need vary greatly from patient to patient, the care hours we provide are set by the Department of Labor after they have thoroughly reviewed each patient’s case, diagnosis, physician notes, etc. Additionally, within the last two years, we have invested in a new software that streamlines the onboarding experience. We are actively reviewing and revising some of the documents that are required for onboarding to ensure the most positive and efficient process possible.

Caring, compassionate place to work

This was my 1st position as a CNA. It was a very pleasant experience to work for this wonderful company. I provided homecare for the most wonderful woman, she taught me alot.

Great people, bad Managment

I worked there and met many amazing clients. The Managment told me that I would be paid in full for driving. They had me driving 12 hours every two weeks and only paying me $72. I brought up the issues and was met with aggression and disrespect. I tried to fix the situation but at that point I felt extremely unwelcome in the company. The people are amazing but the Managment is very difficult. Many of my clients told me that NCP would put people in their homes 24/7 when they didn’t want that, many of my clients said it was very invasive.

Pros

Great clients

Cons

Difficult Managment

May 26, 2022
Thank you for sharing and bringing this experience to our attention. The level of care our patients receive in the home is identified in collaboration with the patient’s physician, the patient, and the patient’s family. Our goal while in the home with patients is to provide the highest quality of care and improve the patient’s quality of life to the best of our ability. We are committed to supporting and empowering our patients to make their own health choices which includes structuring their care in a way that best suits their individual needs.Many of our staff visit only one patient each day, however, we do have those who will make multiple visits. On these occasions, we will provide compensation for either time spent traveling or mileage. While we can’t shed light on your specific situation, we would ask that you reach out to our HR department for more information to ensure you have been compensated properly per our policy.

Great team work

This company is a great at being flexible and so supportive. Insurance is expensive that why I just got some coverage outside of work that was cheaper and covered more.

Pros

Management, Job Work/Life Balance

Cons

Incredible patients - management a ineffective

After working here for some time I realized how much the company has changed. Recently their tactic is flying to a branch on their private jet only to have unqualified regionals criticize, demotivate and reprimand branch leaders. I’m unsure when HR thought this was a good idea but it only created a hostile work environment and divided the branch. The audacity of corporate is disheartening. A sneak attack on key leaders within the branch is not the way NCP was a few short years ago. An over abundance of meetings, endless paperwork and onboarding is a long painful process which often leads to potential employees backing out.

Pros

The Patients.

Cons

Unqualified Regionals, toxic culture nepotism and benefits very poor.

March 8, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share feedback on your experience with Nuclear Care Partners. We care about all of the staff and value their insight and ideas for improvement. You mentioned that NCP has changed and we agree, but see it as a positive evolution throughout the past several years as our growth and successes have necessitated the need to evolve while still remaining true to our mission, staff, and patients.This year as a company we are focusing on the importance of connection. Our Leadership team is supporting that focus by traveling, with safety precautions top of mind, to visit our branch locations across the country and meet with our NCP family in person, with a goal of connecting, supporting, problem-solving, and hearing how we can work together to ensure we are delivering our very best in every way we can. Our ACHC Accreditation requires demonstrated compliance with quality and process standards. With that commitment to excellence, we do have additional paperwork during the new hire onboarding process, however, we have transitioned much of the onboarding paperwork online in an effort to streamline the candidate experience. We are always looking for ways to improve and increase efficiency and will take your feedback into consideration. Please know NCP has a zero-tolerance policy for hostile work environments and encourages any instances/grievances/complaints to be reported to our Anonymous Hotline or submitted to our Human Resources Department.

More employee benefits needed

You are one on one with patients. There is good teamwork between staff. Our patients are wonderful and appreciative of our cares. This company follows its mission. Pay could be better and more benefits are needed.

Great patients, No support from management.

NCP is a great company that is constantly growing, however there is a lack of management support. To add, pay increases are done on an annual basis which makes it hard with current inflation and ever-changing work dynamics.

January 31, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us!Here at NCP, we strive to ensure our wages are fair and competitive by utilizing a variety of resources such as the local market rates, benchmark data, compensation surveys, and more. Over the last year due to labor shortages across the country, there was a significant increase in wage growth. We recognize the importance of both retaining and attracting talent and we are working diligently to ensure increases for current staff are delivered timely and efficiently. Our practice has been to deliver compensation increases as appropriate on an annual basis. While this is still our best practice, we will take your feedback into consideration regarding our staffing infrastructure gaps to create solutions to support our current teams, increase hiring volume, bridge staff gaps & increase retention. Please know that we're committed to making sure our staff members feel supported, by both their local and regional teams. We are always seeking ways to improve and are continuing to focus on our staffing infrastructure to create solutions to better support our NCP family.

Professional, caring team making a difference

The company makes an effort to build teamwork, upholds it’s work culture, is professional and caring. It’s a nice place to work. It’s mission driven. I like making a difference working one on one with clients in their homes.

Pros

One on one in home nursing care that is low stress

Cons

clients may be at a distance

Patients are wonderful but culture is toxic.

First the onboarding is archaic and is a long and tedious process. The training is minimal but a few of my colleagues helped me out a lot. Management tends to check in too frequently and the meaningless meeting seemed redundant. Although I did run my territory I felt the constant oversight, push for patients to be unproductive, and stressful. No one seemed to be having any fun - which is disappointing considering the patients we serve.

Pros

Patients and colleagues

Cons

Job culture - Leadership

January 5, 2022
Thank you for leaving a review, we always appreciate any feedback we can use to improve. We're sorry that your onboarding wasn't a positive one as this time in a new hire experience should be one of excitement and support! Our accreditation, Accreditation Commission for Healthcare (ACHC), requires additional documentation during the onboarding process that can be lengthy. With our online new hire process, we are able to streamline this portion of onboarding by providing much of the documentation in an electronic format to help increase efficiency and convenience. We are constantly reviewing our candidate and new hire experience and will take your feedback into consideration. Training and support of new hires is our top priority and that includes status updates and check-ins to understand where we can best support and ensure the success of all our staff members. We're proud to be a community filled with compassionate people rooting for each others' success and united in our desire to be a part of something bigger than themselves, all while having a good time and enjoying meaningful connections with our coworkers and patients.

Great People, Great Company, Serious Growth

Nuclear Care Partners is having a growth spurt - adding new locations means we're caring for more deserving people throughout the country. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new patients who don't know about the benefit of having tailored home health care for themselves.

Pros

Autonomy to manage my own accounts, assisting patients with accessing their deserved benefits.

Cons

Home office could use more diversity to reflect the demographics of the people we serve.

Great Patients but Management is absent

I tried for many months ( nearly a year) but can't deal with incompetency. Many times I received zero communication from regionals - I mean nothing. It is often discussed the Executives are way over their heads and this lack of leadership is going only to hurt the company. Talking in circles about programs we offer but no one is trained. It's embarrassing, uncomfortable and it is 100% the fault of clinical leadership but the programs do have a value yet no training. The onboarding is probably the most tedious, long process I have ever been through. Many of the RN's are very unhappy and bewildered by the lack of training, leadership, or understanding of the basics of the EEOICP Program. I am a great nurse but this is not typical nursing yet no one is available to assist, guide, and explain. I was told to reach out to the Marketer in another state and she was more helpful in a 30-minute conversation than anyone in clinical. I am so disappointed yet I will miss my darling patients- they are truly awesome individuals but as a whole, the Leadership Team is very ineffective and lack the knowledge or expertise to carry the company to the next level. Everyone seems to be chasing their tails.

Pros

Patients are amazing, flexible hours

Cons

Benefits, Mileage Compensation, Leadership and Training.

November 23, 2021
Thank you for leaving a review. We always appreciate feedback as it helps us do better and be better for our patients and staff! We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication from your management team. Our priority is always to keep staff well informed and communicated with and we are disappointed that you did not have that experience. We have been hearing feedback from staff asking for more training on our company programs, and that is why this year we created trainings for each program which will be incorporated into our annual training modules, rolling out soon. We also brought your feedback to leadership and will be working with our Community Outreach Managers to incorporate monthly EEOICPA trainings into our clinical training schedule. We will also be providing more information about our training opportunities in our monthly staff meetings. Again, we apologize for the experience you have had and will do everything we can to improve our leadership’s communication as well as training on our programs and understanding of the EEOICPA.

Low stress home healthcare for RNs that are burnt out/paper work is tedious

Working for NCP for 1 year. The support for the RN is minimal, you are working alone in one patient's home for 4-24 hours depending on what that patient has approved. If you are an experinced RN this job is a peice of cake, and most of the patients are extreamly greatful. Depending on where you live you could work full time for this company but if there are not enough patients in your area you may get less hours. You earn PTO which I think is nice, however if you do not see the patient because they cancel/in the hospital/pass away then you are out the hours and you can't always just pick up another patient. Most of these patients do not really need an RN, they are awarded this benefit becasue they worked for the government programs and were exposed to toxic materials. Overall, this is a great gig for the RN looking for a low stress simple home health job.

Pros

pay, flexible, low stress RN job

Cons

loss of hours quickly, lack of education, lack of managment support, charting is tedious

November 23, 2021
Thank you for your review. While this style of nursing varies from other settings, such as the hospital setting, many of our nurses enjoy the meaningful one-on-one time with their patients as well as the autonomy that comes with providing care on a one-on-one basis. We have clinical leadership members positioned across the country in addition to our supportive branch offices and home office. As we grow, we are continually hiring additional team members to support our staff. All of our patients’ care hours are set by what is approved from the Department of Labor, so we must staff their schedule accordingly. These men and women served in the atomic industry, becoming (sometimes unknowingly) exposed to toxic chemicals, radiation, etc. that have resulted in their diagnosis of a chronic illness and/or cancer. Due to the uniqueness of our patients and their workplace exposures, we care for patients with a range of needs from preventative care to 24-hour care. We will continue improving based on your feedback. Thank you!

Management did not advocate for staff

Management would blow me up on my days off to come in. Would try to bribe with incentives and then don’t follow through. They dont do anything about abusive patients. Very disappointed

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No security, unsupportive management

November 12, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate your feedback. First and foremost we apologize that you're disappointed in the experience you had being a part of Nuclear Care Partners. With the shifting needs of our patients and an increase in the growth of new patients, our leaders will sometimes ask staff if anyone can step in or cover an extra shift here and there to provide the essential care our patients need. While we apologize that our teams reached out to you on your days off, please know that the intent was simply to ask if you could help out our team. We love being a part of a compassionate and selfless team that not only helps each other out when needed but who often puts the needs of others (or needs of patients) first. However, we, of course, value your time and the importance of days off to ensure our teams don't feel overworked or burnt out. Please know that we find it unacceptable that your management team was unsupportive and know that we do not stand for any unethical behavior. The foundational tier of our mission and one of our primary core values is We Do the Right Thing. This is a standard we uphold for ALL of our employees. We also prioritize staff and patient safety. That's why we have a reporting system & hotline in place for any kind of abuse from patients and take these complaints very seriously. We know there is always room for improvement and will continue to seek out ways to improve the experience for all members of our NCP family.

See below!

First of all, please note that I am only part time and I am a LPN. I don't have any benefits at this time. I don't think k there is advancement for LPNS. I enjoy working for NCP because it is one on one care in the home with the patient. It is a relaxed job and not at all stressful. I get to take really great care of deserving patients without feeling rushed. It is actually fun and enjoyable as most patients are really appreciative of NCP staff! They love us and we love them! I hope to stay with NCP until I am no longer physically able! Having worked in several settings, this has been the most rewarding place for me! Thank you NCP! I have lead four other employees your way, and will continue to do so!

Pros

Great pay, great hours/choices, great contests, great managers and support, work as much or as little as able, less stress than other type job settings, great place in general-I cannot comment on benefits because I don't have any due to part-time status

Cons

We get close to our patients and sadly, we lose most of them to end of life diseases. LPNS cannot advance, which is not a problem for me. It may be for others.

NCP fits into my life as I fit into my patient’s lives.

I have worked in home are for over 15 years. And NCP is the place for me. My manager is great about giving me time for my family and my appointments and I work extra when needed. With this pandemic we all have been working for each other to provide the best care for our patients. NCP is great about showing appreciation for staff by doing contests with prizes. NCP has the very best patients. Most times I feel like a family member in my patient’s life. Really NCP is just a huge family providing the very best care for our patients. It takes a team to make it all work.

Pros

Appreciated, contests, given everything we need to provide excellent care!

Cons

Documentation at times

Productive and supportive workplace

This is a goal oriented workplace that fully supports the growth of it's team members. They are always open to new ideas and embrace any learning opportunities that employees want to take on. While productivity is a focus there is still a priority for maintaining a great work life balance.

We serve a special population of people. The work we do is rewarding and fulfilling!

NCP hands down is incredible! This has been the most rewarding position of my nursing career. I feel important, supported, and respected. I have grown so much as a person and a nurse since joining the NCP family. I love the population we serve and always feel supported by coworkers and management. The flexibility with my schedule makes it great to have a healthy work/life balance.

Common questions about Nuclear Care Partners

Answered by current and former employees at Nuclear Care Partners

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nuclear Care Partners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits