NuCO2 Employee Reviews

2.5
Ratings breakdown
Boring and depressing
Driver (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 16, 2018
Racist company equipment is garbage you are too tired for your own life management doesn’t care about drivers they rush you to do stops and the company is money hungry I wouldn’t recommend this job to a guy incarcerated
Pros
Work four days
Cons
No benefits you will always be stuck
Not recomended
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 18, 2018
Would not recommend this place manager sits in office only work 3-4 hours a day and complains nothing is getting done when he is capable of doing deliveries to help out when guys are off instead it piles up so you have double when you get back
Pros
Nothig
Cons
Customers are just a #. Always seek more ways to invoice, add more fees, more increases, longer terms.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLJune 29, 2018
NuCO2 was a great company until the Praxair purchase. Customers are just a means to invoice constantly with fees, more fees, more increases, contracts are one-sided. Annual increases on depreciating equipment. Open Escalations. Property taxes ( on depreciating equipment) ( no other company charges any of this...Focus is on leasing when customers should just buy all equipment easily on their own. Office staff is miserable, worried they will be next. Operations ( drivers and technical) are overworked/under appreciated ( Always hiring, just look at the website). Better Business Bureau: F!. Huge Turnover in sales force ( forced to push equipment not needed to bill. Installers just end up going back to pull it later. Waste of Operations time leading to unhappy customers). The only focus is for shareholder profits above everything else. Customers need a legal team to strike and amend all contracts first before agreeing to anything. Best to simply say "no way" to all contracts. Most importantly: Every customer should shop several competitors and, actually read/review every line of anything, all pages, front and back before signing. Hopefully, they will be bought again by a group who cares about customers and employees before it is past repair.
Pros
Pay is industy typical
Cons
Micro-Manageged Hourly. Managers and staff always nervous who is next.
High Stress,!! Not enough Employees to meet deadlines.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  StewartJune 2, 2018
Be aware. If you take a supervisor or above position with company you will regret it for years to come! They will pay you well but treat you like the dirt you walk on. There was a point in time when I would have highly recommended this company but those days are long gone. Do yourself a favor especially in the south, keep looking!
When you are told how much your bonus will be make sure you ask what could reduce that besides injury’s.
The hardest part of the job is micromanagement. Egotistical!
Pros
Pay Benefits
Cons
Too many to list!
Do not recommend!!
Bulk driver (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 19, 2018
People here usually don't make it past 3 years they either quit or get fired. Definitely not a place that you can say I'm going to retire from. Management will lie directly to your face if it suits their needs to get their end job done. Here you are definitely just a body in the seat ,this company does not care for their employees whatsoever. When they tell you how much you're going to be making an hour it sounds good at first but the stress that goes on here weekly trust me it's not worth it ,would be better to have a less paying job that you would be happier at!
Pros
Company matching 401k
Cons
No breaks, high-deductible for healthcare, management, stressful environment
Good company too work .
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa,Ok.March 1, 2018
I enjoyed working at NUCO2 for two years. Everyone was easy to get along with and I had a route to complete everyday which stayed fairly consistent. Would definitely work there again if given the opportunity.
dont do it!!
Depot Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 6, 2018
Cell phone will ring and ring and ring even after u worked 50+ hrs Monday - Friday dispatch was always expecting u to go get a small tavern 120 miles away on a saturday because they can't serve soda. Mind you only get paid for 40 hrs if you are salary.. Other than than that it was a okay job if u don't mind hitting 80 stops a week.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Safety dept, dispatch, BBB rating, that cell phone
good company but poor management of the supervisor
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Aston, PAJanuary 21, 2018
the supervisor is very stressful...the routes are not local and there are many calls to make when they have out of gas calls .the depot are not well organized.
Pros
paid good
Everyday
Scheduler/Dispatcher/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLDecember 14, 2017
I have learned empathy when speaking to a customer and continued with my multi tasking abilities. There is always something going on in the work environment, whether it was emails, phone calls, new contracts, tech calls. It was a challenge but a fun learning experience.
Pros
Always Busy
Cons
Not enough resources
dispatcher
Scheduler/Installation/Service/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLOctober 19, 2017
I loved what I did as a dispatcher, I would route drivers to the emergency out of gas calls. I worked with 22 depots that were located out of state. Spoke with our customers and made sure they would receive superior customer service.
Pros
overtime
Cons
management
Was a good solid job!
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLOctober 2, 2017
Friendly work environment.
Used to have company pick nicks.
Easy to get to, Centrally located.
Dedicated employees.
Had great benefits and paid higher for the area.
horrible management and unfair expectations.
Depot Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 24, 2017
The management of this company require you to put your job first. before you family, before your kids. before your church. The company is first. and if you ever needed a day off for anything you were strongly frowned upon. I was many times required to discipline employees at my bosses orders for employees trying to take vacations to visit relatives that were in other countries and would require more than a couple weeks time. and were even threatened that their job would be taken away if they were gone more than the time allowed. no matter how long of advanced notice they were given. I understand that business needs are important. but for someone that has not been back to their home country for a decade and now they have a job and can afford to go visit their parents and grandparents, but couldn't go because of fear of losing their job. That just isn't right.
Pros
paid vacations, Paid holidays.
Cons
Heathcare. management
Good Pay, Bad Management, No loyalty or integrity
Depot Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 19, 2017
Nuco2 became a terrible place to work after Praxair acquired them.
The Texas District is the worst. They moved in a new District manager in 2014 and it went downhill fast after that. And is still headed that way. There was no loyalty or integrity for long time employees who helped build this business and ran a tight ship. The Director of operations East is the worst! No integrity at all. I was told by him that I made too much money to hold that position. He stated I would have to take a position where I traveled all the time or be terminated. Needless to say I had no choice but to take the position.
The salary I made at the time was 11 Years worth of raises. Company's don't give you that many raises unless you are doing a great job in the position you've held for many years.Speaking of integrity, the person that took the title I held had the title I was shown to be promoted to. So did that person who had only been with the company a couple of years get demoted?

This was a great company! I just hate to see the hard work myself and many others did to build up this company go to waste.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Management and loyalty
Great place to work - Great people
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLAugust 31, 2017
I learned a lot during my time at NuCO2. The managers and personnel were always accommodating to challenging me to achieve my career goals. Several opportunities were provided to increase my knowledge in supply chain, logistics, and overall operation of the company.
Fun workplace
Cash Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLAugust 26, 2017
Been a while since I have worked here but before Praxair purchased it was a pleasant company to work for. Only thing is no room for advancement.......
Always wanting more out of you
Driver supervisor/Tech (Current Employee) –  ColumbiaAugust 26, 2017
Started out to be good company until Praxair bought them out and now seems like they are trying to run them into the ground. They have to many people telling you what you need to do instead of leaving you alone and letting you do your job.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, had to carry phone 24/7 for dispatch to call
Good company good people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLAugust 9, 2017
As with all customer based jobs you need to be able to address customer concerns in the most efficient way possible.
There are many different avenues available to you in this company.
Pros
Free sodas
Stress-free Work Environment
Contract Invoice Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLJuly 29, 2017
Stress-free work environment. Plenty opportunities for advancement. Friendly and understanding management. Great flexibility. Lots of room for improvement when it comes to compensation.
Pros
Flexible and stress free
Na
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLJuly 11, 2017
Very good job once you know what you're doing. Very large company and opportunities to move up. Dispatch supervisors/managers are very unprofessional show an extreme amount of favoritism to certain people, but if you go to work don't speak with anyone but your drivers and customers the job is awesome
Used to be fun
Depot Manager (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLJune 9, 2017
Cutting positions and adding work load to salary employees which is leading to people leaving and a shortage of workers which leads to stressful environment. Manager is an egotistical one man show. Likes to bark orders but offers no solutions to get job done. Steer clear until he's gone. Used to be fun. Now everyone dreads coming to work.