Nugget Market, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
fun place to work
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 9, 2018
One of the best jobs I've ever had, management was great my coworkers were nice it was overall a great working environment. The guest were amazing it was like one big family.
August 10, 2018

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your experience with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Fun and energetic environment
Coffee bar (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAJuly 13, 2018
Fun and relaxed environment for the most part, gets busy at peak times Guest service is essential to working there and is the majority of the job. Many different departments to promote to
Pros
Pay, benefits
August 10, 2018

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and best of luck on your future endeavors!

Fun place to work through college
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAJune 4, 2018
Nugget Market has a very positive culture and is a fun place to work. Management prefers to promote from within, so it is definitely a place that allows for career advancement.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Unfair scheduling for newer people
Favouritism is 100 here
Night Crew Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cameron Park, CAMay 25, 2018
Need to call out? No problem you won't get fired
Hard worker? They'll need you to work harder.

If you're a lazy worker you'll be rewarded with the hours of harder working people. Sound too good to be true? Apply and see for yourself
Pros
You dont have to wear chains while you work
Cons
Too many to count
May 29, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback, but we are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your experience. If you are willing, we would like the opportunity to find out more about your concerns. Please feel free to reach out to our Director of Human Resources, Mary Muller at mary.muller@nuggetmarket.com so that we may get more details. Thank you.

Great management, great coworkers, great environment
Night Crew Associate (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAApril 17, 2018
Everyone was direct, professional, and cared genuinely about doing a good job to the best of their ability. Employees were prioritized and looked after, while simultaneously pushed to do their jobs as well as possible.
Pros
Free food occasionally
Cons
Working at night is difficult
Good place to work locally
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tiburon, CAMarch 30, 2018
Nugget is a good place to work locally but it is common for stores to have difficulty sourcing workers from the surrounding area. Some of my coworkers drove nearly 2 hours each way. While Nugget does a good job fostering a positive working environment, it does a poor job compensating workers based on their previous experience.
Amazing place, sad to have left
Baker (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAFebruary 17, 2018
Nugget markets was an amazing place to work. The only reason I left was because of the lack of advancement as a baker. Could move up to manager then would have no progression.
Most of the people are fun and positive, some, not so much.
Night Stocking Clerk (Current Employee) –  Woodland, CAFebruary 12, 2018
I typical day for me was pulling out the load, sorting thru it and putting it on the shelf. I faced the rest of the store unless I was assigned to fill the water. The workplace culture is very employee based and customer service is top priority. It's a small chain compared to Safeway so some things are different and some things seem to be not as important. Scheduling was an issue for a while. The schedule wasn't always posted when it was supposed to be so you had to ask to get it. The store director at my location was always positive and was honest in his feedback. The hardest part of the job was when someone called in sick and you had to still get all the expectations accomplished which was a challenge at times. The reason I'm looking for another job is I'm also in the process of starting a personal training business and working nights makes it difficult and it also interferes with home life with the family.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  CAFebruary 5, 2018
I do like my co workers and look forward to work each day.
If you work hard and are a honest person, you will do well at Nugget Markets. Some store are better than others!
Pros
Culture, Rave
Cons
low pay
Nugget Markets
Barista (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Great company to work for. They give you free money sometimes if you win it in drawings. Very good employee culture. Overall I enjoyed the job thoroughly.
Good Work Environment
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJanuary 12, 2018
Nugget has a very friendly environment. The employees, managers and customers were all great. Definitely recommend this job if you are a people person
Wrongfully Terminated
Butcher/Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CADecember 28, 2017
The company is full of lies and treachery, they do a wonderful job at hiding it. Don't believe anything they tell you, it's all about the money. You will be replaced by a kid making minimum wage eventually. Never forget that.
Good place to start
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CADecember 4, 2017
I was young and had little experience in warehouse work. I grew alot here. I enjoyed the people I worked with and my hours (5am-1pm M-F) The pay was low for the type and amount of work expected. Other than that Nugget is a good place to work!
Pros
Awesome atmosphere and people
Cons
Pay
no opportunity for advancement
Cook (Current Employee) –  Novato, CANovember 25, 2017
They are willing to lose good people and not pay them enough. Ask you to take higher position with no raise they say before giving you a raise you have to working in the new position for three months to see if you can handle it? They don't compensate for your skills and position. Schedules are very unstable it changes every week without notice im sure a lot of employees have appointments made already and family to take care of, when ask if it can be stable they rather take off the schedule. Poor management.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
no advancement, poor management, pay
A decent place to work
Guest assistance, Member (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CANovember 10, 2017
I really enjoyed working here as a teenager. It used to be a really nice place to work. I still think the benefits are great, However, I think that the politics have changed and I do not like working here anymore.
Great atmosphere and friendly culture that makes work enjoyable.
Healthy Living Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CANovember 9, 2017
Nugget Market is an amazing company to work for that makes you feel good about coming to work. I've never worked for a company that I enjoyed what I did more than Nugget Market.
stressful place to work
Barista/Checker (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CAOctober 28, 2017
Nugget is focused on making numbers and the best guest service. Their turnover rate for employees is high too. During training you are told you cannot say no to guests and are even allowed to give away $10 of merchandise to ensure the guest leaves happy. i didnt learn anything that i didn't already know.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
horrible environment
Awesome company to work for
Night Crew Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 18, 2017
The overall experience at nugget was a good one. The benefits for the associates are awesome. Its a lot of young kids first jobs. So the pay is not the best.
Just okay.
Guest assistance, Member (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAOctober 10, 2017
The management tends to play favorites, but other than that it's an okay place to work. They are very flexible with students, and have great benefits. It's just not my field of choice, but for a first job it would be acceptable.
Pros
Schedule is very flexible, works with students
Cons
Fast paced, stressful, poor management in many stores, lack of diciplinary action.
Flawed in typical ways, but overall a great company
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cameron Park, CAOctober 6, 2017
Schmoozing management allowed slackers to float by under the radar. Positions most visible to management received frequent acknowledgement and incentives, positions that rely on personal integrity rarely acknowledged, pay caps encouraged long standing employees to switch to easiest job possible, infrequent vertical progression, transferring to another store seemed to be the only way to move up. Employee culture however was positive and fun, the atmosphere rubbed off on guests, which had a synergistic effect. the store was always very clean and well laid out, the approach to customer service was the best I've ever seen. Holidays and big sales events created a lot of positive energy and overtime opportunities. I'd still be working there if i didn't move out of state.
Pros
Culture, Parties, Discount Card
Cons
Pay raises only with time, not merit, facilitates slackers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nugget Market, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight