Nulo Pet Food

Nulo Pet Food Employee Reviews

United States22 reviews
I was a brand ambassador for the Nulo brand of pet food. I worked inside of PetSmart stores. My job was to talk with pet parents, and help them choose the right food for their pet's needs. This position enabled me to talk with a lot of people and meet their wonderful furry friends! Perfect for me since I love animals, especially dogs.
I worked with petsmart’s for three years before moving to Nulo and it was such a great experience. You get to work on your own but you always have support from management. If you actually like sales and can talk to people this job is easy!
Pros
everything
Cons
driving
The work was very simple; merchandise, educate customers, and make sales. The company fired all of their field marketing managers right before Covid19 with only one week notice. When COVID 19 hit, all the Brand Ambassadors were let go by email after months of being strung along. They then decided to hire a brand new team of field marketing managers after they had let go of all of them a few months prior. This is a shady way to do business in my opinion.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No job security or advancement opportunities
New management awful. Over steps mirco manages stalks at work. Not the best job if u don't like being watched every minute of shift. Supposed to b own schedule but not true at all. You are independent contractor.
This is one of the best jobs that I have ever had due, in part, to the excellent managent. There is comradery of BAs across the country through FB. The company cultute encourages posting retail floor photos on the private FB page. Every day is different. I look forward to going to the store.
Pros
Play with animals every day, Super management support, Extremely flexible, No quotas or commissions, Excellent pay for the amount of work, You are a contractor not an employee.
Cons
Must work 3 out of 4 weekends, Some days are slow, You are a contractor not an employee.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
The job was fairly easy and I enjoyed working with customers and store staff on telling and selling the Nulo products that Pet Smart carried. The scheduling was simple, as you basically set your own schedule on a monthly basis. This is a great job for an independent worker-type that needs flexibility, such as a college student, housewife or retired person. One day, recently, I was told that they are restructuring and that my last day was at the end of the month (which was only a couple of days away). Not a word about my performance or thanks for the memories. Just cut, and that was it. I have a feeling that they discriminate against order workers. If I find out that they hired a younger worker in my place I may have grounds for a discrimination law suit, even though you are an independent contractor and are paid without benefits or any taxes deducted.
I thought everything was going great, till we were told to jump on a Confrence call. Then we were told about or fate, that they are eliminating the position held and our last day is this week. I really enjoyed working for this company and I’m sad that our title is being eliminated do to budget cuts.
I wish they would spend less time looking for the beautiful people to hire and spend more time looking at how they can improve. Strong product line, albeit shy on cat products, but poor on execution. All employees should matter, not just the ones in the Corporate office.

They have a bright future with just a few changes.
A contract position with little to no supervision or guidance. You are pretty much on your own staring at an empty Pet supply store. The product is good but the few messages you do receive from corporate are contradictory.
Pros
Discount of pet food
Cons
no support
I was very satisfied with the Company and it’s products, my Sales Volumes were amount the top for the Houston market.
I had to take extra time off for a Serious Neck Surgery and the 4 Stores across Houston placed her in a bind so when the new schedules were posted I was released, with no hard feelings on my part.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nulo Pet Food?
Could be extremely boring at times. Was always fun to see all the cute animals that would come in. Super easy job. Management needs improvement, very rarely would get a reply back from my territory manager.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No raises independent contractor
The job consists of visiting Petsmart stores and interacting with customers to persuade them to upgrade their pet food to the highest quality dry kibble food on the market. It's not difficult, if you're good at approaching strangers and willing to learn about the product on your own. While in the store, you can also interact with customers about other products, like hard goods. When you help someone fit their squirming puppy into a great fitting harness, they almost have to listen to you tell them about the benefits of better quality food. Don't expect much in the way of help or guidance from the company. They have some online videos, and a Facebook group that's only for cheerleading. The company assigns the stores and what days you work them, but management is easy-going about schedule changes if you need them, and since it's a contract job, unpaid time off when you need it is not a problem. They do require wearing one of the ugliest t-shirt work uniforms around. You will NOT look very professional in the official company uniform.

In my case, I've been a pet food brand ambassador for years. The only training I needed was on the specifics of their brand. Those specifics are VERY impressive. If you have no experience in this type of work, you'll get minimal training.
Pros
$25 a month subsidy on pet food, pleasant working conditions.
Cons
It's a 1099 job.
Company is unprofessional. They need to build their formal HR side of the company. There are no policies, they don't want to verify income, they had an odd timekeeping system. Good pay for the nature of the work. However you never know when you are working and not. So, I give them a 0 on job security.
This is a good company. You are self employed and not taxed. The pay is good. Your duties are straight forward.You must be a self starter. I enjoyed working for Nulo. You get discounts on Pet
food. Nulo is a quality, premium, pet food.
Pros
Work independently. discounts on pet food. Fun work.
Cons
Needed a few more hours. No benefits.
Great company to work for. You will be challenged but they reward success well. Work to life balance can be a challenge but with proper time management you can over come that.
Really easy to do and can be really fun seeing all the dogs and other pets that wonder into the store. The brand is strong enough itself to praise as a premium cat and dog food.
I enjoy being a BA for Nulo. It's an excellent brand with great nutrition for dogs and cats. This food has improved my dogs health dramatically. I'm a believer. I'm proud to help other pet parents improve their animals health by improving their nutrition. This flexible part-time job works for my schedule. I feel supported by my manager. Ethical company, high quality product.
Pros
Flexible hours, responsive manager, good training, good pay
Cons
Contract work
When I was a sales brand ambassador at the PetSmart locations at Broward and Palm Beach counties I learned to be there to learn about retail merchandindsing and to work with the sales associates at the store and to be present to what needs to be done while I am there. I learned to approach every customer and to learn about the nutritional needs of their cat and dog and to educate them about the quality of Nulo Pet Food and what makes it good for pets who are may be diabetic and who are who need a nutritional food that is low in glycemic count and that is no grain to help control their nutritional needs and to also educate them about how cats and dogs may respond to the psyllium in the corn husks that are used in the pet food that many store brands carry and how this is what can cause skin allergies. I also learned about consultative sales skills and to listen to what the customer needs and to be there to help offer discounts to the customers when they are ready to purchase the brand food.
Pros
Great management, independent work, pet food nutrition education, learning sales skills, work collaboration, merchandisng
Cons
low work security, not stable management and change in company culture.
Easiest job you’ll ever have, the interview process is a little long but overall not that bad. The only problem I’ve ever had is that it’s really boring, you just be walking around trying to talk to people. You’ll be bored with this job but you get 16 an hour.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Boring
Nice job and great pay. working in pet stores are my best
part time jobs. I love animals. Always buying something for

my two dogs. The customers most of the times are so nice and

love to talk about their pet(s). They love being able to shop with

their pets.
Pros
seeing 1st hand the new pet items
Cons
I either spend to much money on my dogs or keep coming home with another adopted dog
I am a Brand Ambassador. I set my hours, learned TONS about the pet food industry, and nutrition. It was a sales job, without the selling.
Hardest part was when it was slow.

I worked many events which was my favorite part because we would be so busy.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Independent Contractor