Nulo Pet Food

Nulo Pet Food Management reviews

United States22 reviews
I worked with petsmart’s for three years before moving to Nulo and it was such a great experience. You get to work on your own but you always have support from management. If you actually like sales and can talk to people this job is easy!
Pros
everything
Cons
driving
New management awful. Over steps mirco manages stalks at work. Not the best job if u don't like being watched every minute of shift. Supposed to b own schedule but not true at all. You are independent contractor.
This is one of the best jobs that I have ever had due, in part, to the excellent managent. There is comradery of BAs across the country through FB. The company cultute encourages posting retail floor photos on the private FB page. Every day is different. I look forward to going to the store.
Pros
Play with animals every day, Super management support, Extremely flexible, No quotas or commissions, Excellent pay for the amount of work, You are a contractor not an employee.
Cons
Must work 3 out of 4 weekends, Some days are slow, You are a contractor not an employee.
Could be extremely boring at times. Was always fun to see all the cute animals that would come in. Super easy job. Management needs improvement, very rarely would get a reply back from my territory manager.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No raises independent contractor
The job consists of visiting Petsmart stores and interacting with customers to persuade them to upgrade their pet food to the highest quality dry kibble food on the market. It's not difficult, if you're good at approaching strangers and willing to learn about the product on your own. While in the store, you can also interact with customers about other products, like hard goods. When you help someone fit their squirming puppy into a great fitting harness, they almost have to listen to you tell them about the benefits of better quality food. Don't expect much in the way of help or guidance from the company. They have some online videos, and a Facebook group that's only for cheerleading. The company assigns the stores and what days you work them, but management is easy-going about schedule changes if you need them, and since it's a contract job, unpaid time off when you need it is not a problem. They do require wearing one of the ugliest t-shirt work uniforms around. You will NOT look very professional in the official company uniform.

In my case, I've been a pet food brand ambassador for years. The only training I needed was on the specifics of their brand. Those specifics are VERY impressive. If you have no experience in this type of work, you'll get minimal training.
Pros
$25 a month subsidy on pet food, pleasant working conditions.
Cons
It's a 1099 job.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Great company to work for. You will be challenged but they reward success well. Work to life balance can be a challenge but with proper time management you can over come that.
When I was a sales brand ambassador at the PetSmart locations at Broward and Palm Beach counties I learned to be there to learn about retail merchandindsing and to work with the sales associates at the store and to be present to what needs to be done while I am there. I learned to approach every customer and to learn about the nutritional needs of their cat and dog and to educate them about the quality of Nulo Pet Food and what makes it good for pets who are may be diabetic and who are who need a nutritional food that is low in glycemic count and that is no grain to help control their nutritional needs and to also educate them about how cats and dogs may respond to the psyllium in the corn husks that are used in the pet food that many store brands carry and how this is what can cause skin allergies. I also learned about consultative sales skills and to listen to what the customer needs and to be there to help offer discounts to the customers when they are ready to purchase the brand food.
Pros
Great management, independent work, pet food nutrition education, learning sales skills, work collaboration, merchandisng
Cons
low work security, not stable management and change in company culture.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nulo Pet Food?