Numotion Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Underpaid and overworked
Billing and collections coordinator (Current Employee) –  Windsor Mill, MDOctober 3, 2018
This is the most underpaid overworked job I've ever encountered. You literally do 5 different job titles in one.

A smart thing they do is get interns as they dont know any better. The interns are fooled to believe billing is this overworked. It's actually sad because I've talked to interns that actually said" if this is billing, i went to school for the wrong career". I had to talk them off the ledge and tell them only Numotion enslave their employees like this (don't give up on your career).

I've been in billing for over ten years and never seen anything like this in my entire career. The pay is ridiculous!!! Drama, drama, drama! Favortism is a fact. No professionalism. Everyone here is equal. Hard workers won't get any extra benefits, raises, bonuses etc. It's literally a revolving door. There is almost an entire new staff from when I started.

There are some good things about Numotion like the holiday activities, fun co-workers (some) , flex time, and 2 weeks paid vacation when you accrue the hours. For me the good don't outweigh the bad. I'll leave it at That! You've been warned.
Pros
Flex time, paid vacation
Cons
Horrible pay, overworked
no applicable
Technical Reviewer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 3, 2018
the atmosphere is very tense, the management is no ethical multiple supervisor on the same department, training is poor, poor salary mot of the manager do not have college or any degree at all
Pros
flex time avaliable
Cons
to much favoritism unable to move up profecionally
Collaborative work environment, people are very nice for the most part.
Medical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 29, 2018
I have been fortunate to work for some very good managers and my department at Numotion is very good although there is more to learn to help other departments work collaboratively. There have been a few people in my branch that have left because of poor management in other areas and we have lost some very good people because of their dissatisfaction and they found better jobs.
Pros
Nice people and ongoing training in the DME industry
Cons
Overturn of employees
Lots of stress. Terrible, horrible management.
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 12, 2018
If you like to do your managers job without getting paid for it, this might be the place for you. Managers are in "meetings" constantly but you'll never hear what they are about. The ball is dropped constantly and you are expected to pick it up. All departments are inconsistent and don't work with each other. They like to turn everyone against each other. There's a major lack of communication and managers don't even know what there own departments do. Numotion likes to take advantage of their employees and treat them like their dumb slaves. You will never get promoted unless you used to work for G.E and be a spineless yes man. Don't go against anything your told because you will be retaliated against.
Pros
Fun co-workers
Cons
Work load is consistent. Overall it’s a good job.
Documentation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 11, 2018
The work load is consistent but can be stressful. Having a good and fun team to work with is what gets you through the day. It’s good knowing that the work you do makes a difference in people’s lives even though you may not see it directly.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Pay increases are small.
very flexible with your schedule
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MN 55432August 29, 2018
they say they get it , but I'm not sure of that. It is a very good company in general. I love working with the client that I fix there wheelchair and enjoy there stores and there conversations. My co-workers are also wonderful and good to work with. I wish we could work more over time ,but our area hasn't been the most busy.
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay and pay increase
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Numotion, however theres little room for growth in my current location and position. Our leadership team is lacking and never in house.
Customer Care Coordinator
Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 13, 2018
I would recommend Numotion pay-wise, but i would not recommend Numotion atmosphere-wise. Corporate is trying to make every branch a call center. I do not like that at all. I feel like my current position is very very entry-level and anyone could do it, i also do not like that.
Pros
Benefits, Compensation
Field Work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Ashland, VAJuly 11, 2018
Limited communication from upper management and extremely top heavy in mgmt, doesn't consider it's employees in the field. Company does not compensate well for the type of work performed. What the company does as a whole serving our clients is heart warming and gives you a feel good feeling.
No structure
Document Funding Center (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJuly 2, 2018
Miss-managed from the top all the way to the bottom. Great ideas but AWFUL communication. Information is never filtered down or up and no one is ever accountable.
Pros
flexiable scheduel for hourly employees
Cons
zero career path assistance, mentoring, etc
good atmosphere great co workers
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 24, 2018
from start to finish i had fun. just wish things could have ended differently. great company with plenty of opportunity to not only grow but to evolve.
nice, and relaxed
INSURANCE VERIFICATION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJune 20, 2018
It's going to be five years with the company. The only thing, I really like are the flex hours. My manager is nice, she's very understandable when it comes to days off.
Not the best
Funding Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJune 13, 2018
Very unorganized company, I work currently in a department that expects too much. No one is held accountable for their actions. Very micro managed and you are expected to do things out of your capability.
Good Company
Rental Coordinator / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 11, 2018
Loved what I did at Numotion. They are a good company to work for. They were going thru some changes with management when I came in and they had lost a lot of people so the work load was a lot for one person. My Father was sick and ended up passing or I would have stuck with this job but they couldn't hold it for me.
Operations/Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 10, 2018
I think that Numotion is a great place to work. the pay is good, and management cares about people. DME is a tough business so often the stress doesn't come from the company itself, but with the industry in general.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Hard field of work
Ok for a first job
Customer Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 5, 2018
If this is your first job and you're ok with just your hourly wages and insurance, it is great. If you're looking for raises, bonuses, etc. you won't find it here.
Pros
No work to take home
Cons
Poor management
Prodcutive work environment
Service Technician / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJune 4, 2018
Learned how to fit clients to high end rehab equipment.
The most rewarding aspect of this line of work is the affect that you have on the client and the family. Helping someone by making even the smallest adjustment can make a HUGE difference in their every day life.
Pros
Helping people in need
Cons
Scheduling
Team Environment
DFC Funding Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAMay 24, 2018
Very good place to work, excellent communications between the management and the employee. Responsible for submitting the authorizations for durable medical equipment to both government and commercial insurance companies. Making sure the adequate medical notes were accurate and included the necessary information for the approval of medical equipment.
Service Coordinator Manager (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOMay 23, 2018
gave me insurance experience and management experience.
Loved my staff, we became family.
Hard working under rated employees, it is all about who you know and how likes you.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Management isn’t helpful or fair
Billing and Collections Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOMay 14, 2018
I hated Numotion from the day I started there. You don’t feel comfortable or welcomed. They try to make it seem like they are there to assist but they are not They do not train and aren’t willing to train, there is no training class and they depend on other co-workers to train you who have no desire to train you and provide you work to do, then they will have high expectations of you as if you were trained properly. They go off the word of others and don’t even look into things. The one on one they do is going over only 1 claim when there are MANY types to go over. I don’t recommend anyone to work here. Management isn’t involved at all until it’s time to review.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Horrible management, no training, and rude