Nursing Home/Rehab Center Culture reviews

Familiar and protective
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New London, CTFebruary 8, 2019
That was a great experience, work with group. Protect each Hothers. Vigilance is the most important in that place. Always keep the area clean and the exit dors always clear
Have to be a very patient and caring caregiver to work in these facilities.
Amelia Manor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 16, 2018
Very demanding. Dont pay enough. Great place to work. I would recommend to a friend or family member. I love working with geriatric patients. I love working in healthcare.
Pros
Get to know residents and family members.
Cons
Dont pay enough
Taking care of patience’s
Madeira (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 5, 2018
Great job , flexible hours great people and environment , no rush job work on my pace just make sure I finished my rounds and did my part in the halls feed and bathe right
Srna
Srna (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYNovember 14, 2018
Great place to work I loved it would recommend to anyone, also had great team work, good communication skills, great workers I would put my loved there for long term or even just rehab.
Pros
On time break
Cons
Short breaks
Financial Security
Garden Terrace (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients. The hardest part of the job is the family members A typical day at work is taking of vatial signs, making sure the residents are clean and dry, making sure grooming and baths are in order, feed the ones that need to be fed, record all activities, check and change residents again before puting them to bed.In this profession I have learned to have patince is a virtue.Management is the activities of setting the strategy of an organization and coordination to work together effectively. The work place culture is character and personality of the organization, It's what makes the business unique and is the sum of its values, traditions, beliefs, interactions, behaviors, and attitudes of the employees.
Pros
no free lunch.
Cons
It's a good place to work
challenging.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYNovember 8, 2018
My typical day was scary but i have had alot of new stuff i learned .i learned that elderly people love to be calm and surround themselfs with peace.wasnt much but making sure im on task and on time.the cutlure was calm and quiet . the hardes part was knowing how to be around the elderly.the enjoyable part was seeing they smiles and love to get they nails done it brought a smile to my days.
Pros
nervousness.
Cons
being on task.
i enjoyed taking care of my patience
essex nursing amd rehabilitaion (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 7, 2018
I believed there were a lot of favoritism there, but overall I loved working with my patience and I do miss working there and wish I can go back an work my back to a certified nursing assitant
Pros
fair on breaks and benefits
Cons
favortism and unfairness
Such a fun place to work at, love the residents!
Four Seasons Retirement Center (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INDecember 2, 2017
Absolutely love the residents and environment! Great co-workers, always had fun while on the clock. The residents would absolutely just make your day!
Pros
Relations with residents
Cons
N/Aa
It is an amazing experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJuly 4, 2017
This job helps you be more responsible and caring towards others. It is a great experience even though many cannot do what a CNA does. I love working here.
Pros
Meet knew people
Cons
Not many benefits
Productive and welcoming work place
Crystal River Health and Rehab (Former Employee) –  Crystal River, FLJune 11, 2017
This work place was a very wonderful place to work, great pay and very welcoming employees. I enjoyed working here becasue i love helping others and being able to provide and make others satisfied.
Productive and great workplace very spacious great environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 23, 2017
Management is great , great workers it has taught me how to be precise nd consistant and caring for those who cant do it for themselves. The hardest part about the job was the smells nd feces were atrocious. But, overall the best work experience ive had so far
Pros
Very flexible and great teamwork
Cons
Cna's dont complete their job which makes it hard for housekeeping and too much confusion
Lpn
Good Shepherd at Endwell (Former Employee) –  Endwell, NYApril 18, 2017
I enjoyed working at good shepherd of Endwell. I loved working and getting to know the patients and staff. The work load was quick paced but if you manage your time appropriately it was ok.
Very Clean and friendly environment.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado City, TXFebruary 7, 2017
I loved all the workers and patients it was very interesting meeting new people and the stories and people have so much respect for one another in the short time i worked there it was amazing i learned a lot. in the process of getting my certification so that i can go back and work there.
Pros
Friendly and respectful
Cons
There isn't any that i can think of.
The Residents
Blossom Nursing And Rehab (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHFebruary 7, 2017
The typical work day was hectic. I learned a lot of patience and learned how the job needed to be done. The management was not good with helping the STNAs with anything. The workplace culture was very fun at times but also stressful. The job is very rewarding though. The hardest part of the job was working without the help of other aides. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know your residents daily routine and getting to know them and their hobbies.
Pros
The residents.
Cons
Working short and not enough hours
great place to work
Berks Heim (Current Employee) –  Leesport, PAJanuary 10, 2017
Working in the rehab unit is unpredictable everyday is different, it gives you the opportunity to multi task.
I work on a unit with a great group of young women
The hardest part of the job is the physical part of the job
I enjoy taking care of residents that have reached there goals
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short staffing
Goodplace to work
Highland Park Manor (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKJanuary 7, 2017
It's a really good place the people are alright but it depends on the people you work with some act like they are the boss of you and they never really help you, you always have to ask for help
Pros
Clean place
Cons
Not friendly people
Productive and fun work place with activities
Kirkwood Manor (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 2, 2017
Good it was a very awesome company to work for I loved taking care of my patients I learned how to take care of my patients my co workers and managers were always nice and helpful the hardest part of the job is when someone passes away the most enjoyable was my patients
Good
Good
Low morale and management unprofessional
Management (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 8, 2016
If you're looking for a stable professional environment this is not the place for you. Management demands are unrealistic and the pay is not competitive. They play employees against each other and expect long work hours with no compensation. Be prepared to work through your lunch often if not always.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
I enjoy what I do at my job meeting new people my co-worker we're nice and the customers we're easy to work with
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 27, 2016
i had no problems working with them. the pay was great and the staff was wonderful. Wish i did not have to go but i relocated to a diff state.
Pros
nice company
Cons
nice lunch