Nurtury

Working at Nurtury: 21 Reviews

United States21 reviews

teachernurturygreatjobhardchildkidpeople

Everything depends with the people you work with or the center you are working at. There's always a training, the bosses can be annoying sometimes. they pay the holiday and no work on holidays. The directors are very understanding depending who you working with. It is not the best company but they do their best.

Pros

Pay well

Cons

supervisors are nosey

What is the best part of working at the company?The ability to be creative. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The money is moderate. Could be higher but they try. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?They have a group approach to work. Team groups etc. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Goes by fast

Nurtury insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

Good coworkers and manager, but lack of support from the higher administration

Nurtury has a good sense of community within some centers, but the communication and lack of support from the main office is frustrating. It's also very hard to grow there.

Pros

Families and kids

Cons

Pay and lack of support

The concept is great

I worked with nurtury before the name change. I was there until 2019. The best thing was the benefits and the fact we had a union. There were people that was willing to help you get the classes you need. But the pay was terrible. I remember people who turned down the job because of the salary. It was an insult. I got to learn slot about special education there before taking special education classes

Pros

Amazing kids

Cons

Salary, management

Childcare

I love working with children always had a passion for it . Nothing warms my heart more than being able to teach and be there for the children when their parents can’t do to working and providing for them.

Love this place!

This place is truly a blessing to be a part of. The team of teachers are encouraging, fun, and helpful. The director is absolutely amazing. The school is run with excellence in every area and it has a true love and care for all the families that are a part of the program and the community that they are in.

Its was easy for me i knew what, kind of question to ask!!

You have to do everything yourself wi ty h little help from management don't have the proper equipment to do the job it's help to have lots of experience.

Great place to work at with great learning potential

Great place to work and gain experience. You see a big amount of pediatric patient wich provides the opportunity to gain a wide variety of experience.

Stressful and under appreciated.

Expectations are not clear. Not all employees were expected to follow the rules. Low pay. High turnover. Micro management at times then no direction at others. Staff allowed to dress in revealing clothes. Staff members encouraged to work off the clock. Staff encouraged to gossip. Stressful environment. Hostile work environment.

Pros

No point system, hard to get fired. No drug test.

Cons

Can’t leave the building on unpaid lunch. Low pay.

If you love kids you will love Nurtury. Great team work in every program. The teachers are outstanding and really do a good job caring for the children.

Welcoming and Comforting Environment

The children had access to many toys, school supplies and materials and followed an organized schedule that included naps, snack breaks, play time, and lots of learning activities, which kept the kids engaged and happy.

Awesome workplace

I honestly wish Nurtury had a site in Florida so i can continue to work with them. I was with Nurtury 5 years and started off as a temp and continued to grow within the company.

Productive environment to work in

I am currently a head start teacher at Nurtury, but am looking to pursue a career in Social Work (I have an MSW and am working towards my Social Work License(LCSW)) and am looking for jobs in my field.

It’s very a toxic environment to work in.

It’s not healthy place to be there. They children are wonderful but the management is very poor. Teachers are not being appreciated and kept changing smtwachers schedule.

Pros

Few people are nice to work with

Cons

Management is very poor

Summer Intern

I love the Intern position I had. I would like to go back and be able to enjoy the environment and is a great place to gain work and business experience.

Nice place to work

I enjoyed working at the different centers. The staff at all centers were great ! Some of the parents were tough to deal with and sometimes uncooperative.

Productive & Fun

Coworkers interact. They work as a team. Not just one person doing all the work even though sometimes you do have those teachers that do nothing but make things harder instead of easier.

Work is very rewarding

The kids are great, the job is overall fun and easy. It's not stressful if you don't think about it all too much, you're shaping little minds and helping them learn, what's more rewarding than that? The hardest part of the job is making sure everyone is happy, although I think that's something with every job, this one more so because it's an all women staff.

The company it self have good intentions to served a community with quality care for the children that they served .

The company needs to give educators a more competitive salary for teachers to want to maintain the job positions. The company have the best interest of served the community children with the best care, but since their salary is poor t educator don't want to stay .

Productive and a fun workplace

The director was very easy to work with and always took care of her staff. She also worked very hard to keep staff and parents happy. She was tough but always fair.

Nurtury is a fun place to work

Nurtury is a very busy productive environment people seem to get along great and parents really rely on the services. I've learned to cooperate with families and teachers. How to properly address difficult matters and obstacles

Pros

great benefits

Cons

excessive over time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nurtury. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Nurtury in popular locations

• Media & Communication