Nussbaum Transportation

• Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction

Great company!!!

As a newer driver who has been driving right at at year. you hear a lot of nightmare stories about trucking companies that will promise you something and it be totally different from the time you start out with them. But I can say Nussbaum has been nothing but great to me so far. They stand by the family culture they talk to you about and know that this isn't just a job its a way of life. We are out here doing this day and night and away from our families and they realize that. My recruiter was awesome. My Driver Manager is great and very responsive, Everyone is. If your looking for a trucking company doing it right and values its drivers give Nussbaum a opportunity you won't be disappointed.

Pros

Good pay, Good Benefits, Very responsive, Great Culture, Good Hometime, Good Equipment.

Cons

None Really.

good place to start and stay

Good employer, safety is their priority, equipment repaired as needed. This is a good place to start and stay. Late model trucks and trailers. Elitepass and CAT Scale account a big time saver.

Pros

Equipment repaired. Late model vehicles

Cons

Honestly the best company I’ve worked for

I’ve held many jobs with many companies after the military and struggled to find myself. It may of taken 10 years at 32 years old but I can honestly say this is the best company and job I’ve ever had. I couldn’t ask for a better career. I know I’ll be here till I retire, something I have never felt before. I work the CAT DEDICATED Route and I’m home almost every night.

Pros

Sense of belonging, pay, home time

Cons

Honestly none

Nice place to work

Decent pay and a nice place to work for with a good culture. It is a employee owned company which also is a good addition for those serious about their retirement.

Decent company overall

Dedicated account pay is good. But barely any room to make more and no pay for working extra days unless you are over minimum miles. So basically it doesn't pay to work more than 5 days.

Pros

Good equipment and decent pay.

Cons

Inward facing cameras and i bet they spy on drivers. And you don't get paid for working extra days

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

If the lifestyle is for you

Nussbaum is an excellent company to work for. However, the lifestyle of an over the road truck driver is difficult. Work life balance is always skewed towards work.

Love the Nussbaum family

The Nussbaum family is GENUINE. Caring, honest people. They care about their employees and they care about the company. They are hands on everyday. They work all day, everyday, just like everyone else.

Pros

Solid company

Cons

home time in the trucking industry

Excellent culture

Enjoyed working for Nussbaum. Nice equipment and great people. Any issues come up they are addressed and resolved quickly. I left for personal reasons and would recommend them to any driver.

Pros

Nice clean trucks and trailers. Great people

Cons

Pay is a little on the low side. Driver facing camera

A trucking company where drivers are truly respected and appreciated

They've been voted "best carrier to drive for" two years in a row, in the top 20 for six years now. They're good people and committed to doing things the right way. Home time is frequent and you always get there when you need to for commitments. Cabs are clean and comfortable and have a fridge and quiet APU. Space for your microwave and TV. New equipment, problems get fixed immediately. Never pressure you to run when conditions aren't safe. One of the best things is that you're normally loaded and unloaded quickly at their contract customers, but there is detention pay just in case. Lots of drop and hooks, too.

Pros

Good people, well-run business

Cons

It's trucking

Great people...nice people

Paid orientation, $1300/week guaranteed minimum pay, achievable bonuses, affordable insurance, paid holidays, vacation days, very nice people and all employee contact information is available! Only downside is the abnormal night driving with one of the distributors. Not the companies fault!

Pros

All the above

Cons

See 1 con above (not their fault!)

Just started with Nussbaum

Great company so far. Plenty of miles and awesome co workers.I have been in so many states so far, and I have only been with them a short time. By far the best company I have worked for.

Pros

Awesome company

Cons

Awesome Company. My dream job has come true.

First a brief personal history. I began my trucking career less than 2 years ago. After going through a great local CDL school, I got in with a pretty good large carrier, that also provided their own training, to get in my first year of experience. I worked hard as a regional driver and logged over 130,000 miles all over the eastern half of the US from Mississippi to Maryland, New Jersey to Michigan, Maine to Georgia, etc. Got great and invaluable experience from it. I thought I would stay with them until my retirement. But, my paychecks gradually became less and less for the same, if not more work. They made my home time as minimal as possible, and any extra time I did get usually got wasted on the road from bad planning from my latest driver manager. They seem to care less and less about me as a driver, but still expected me to do whatever they threw at me with efficiency, which I always did. I always believed in giving my best for my pay regardless.So, since I had so little spare time, my awesome wife began long hours of researching probably as much as 100 different trucking companies. A lot seemed really good, and others obviously not so good. Then she saw one company that just stood out from all the rest. Together she and I looked it over and I thought this has to be too good to be true. But, the reviews were incredible. My wife and I are people of faith and Nussbaum Transportation Services, Inc is a faith based and employee owned company. That was the cherry on the cake for me.I had to make the hard choice soon with the financial pressure starting to build from an -

Pros

New trucks, great communication, family oriented and faith based, plenty of home time, excellent pay, benefits, incentives and bonuses.

Cons

Honestly, I have no complaints.

Great

Great place too work great place too learn very friendly environment great pay good opportunities family oriented weekly pay good training overall good people

Pros

Great

Cons

Great

I love working for this company. They go well beyond to be supportive.

All I can say is this company is hands down the best company I have ever worked for. When I call I'm always greeted by my name and every one answering my call is helpful and assist me as if they are my drive manager. Just recently I had to take 3 weeks off for personal reasons and they did not pressure me or stress me out about taking the days off or threaten my position at the company.

Pros

To many to list lol

Family matters!

I can't stress enough how professional the entire operation is. Class act group of people. I'm very happy working for the Nussbaum family. #purposedriven

Nothing but a great company

Great company to work for. I hated the cameras in the truck facing you. They have great equipment, and go out of their way to make sure you feel important.

A company that does what is says it will do.

After dealing with several companies in recent history, some companies I have worked for and some I have tried to reach an agreement of employment without agreement. I have found the Nussbaum Transportation is truly a company that does what it says it will do for it's employees. The work place environment is one that contributes to team work and and inclusive environment. I was impressed by how from the first point of contact how you can feel welcome and invited to learn more about the company. The company place value on their employees and want you to know that you are not just a driver or employee, but part of something larger and part of a family.

Pros

Positive work place environment. Well maintained equipment, balanced work load. clean and well above average terminals.

Cons

Truly, none so far.

gerat people and equipment

awesome place to work. they have great top of the line tractors and trailers. good pay for the miles and the office staff is top notch. never had a problem while there. trainer are great and teach to the company standards.

An awesome company to work for

Great company, great equipment, great people who work with you and care. Driver managers listen to concerns, work with getting you home when you need to be

Dispatch very untrustworthy and habitually lie

Not a good company dishonest and don’t go by the the faith and family they preach. Do have great equipment and a good maintenance department. Don’t trust the office the can’t tell the truth and always have a reason why you don’t get paid for what you earned.

Awesome Trucking Company

Though I didn't work at Nussbaum very long, I can say that they're a better Trucking Company than most that I've worked with or heard about. They really have great people who care about you and treat you with respect and dignity. Most also know your name. I would definitely recommend this company for the great work ethic, and family atmosphere.

Common questions about Nussbaum Transportation

Answered by current and former employees at Nussbaum Transportation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nussbaum Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.7

• Nussbaum Transportation
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?