Nussbaum Transportation Employee Reviews

Not the best company, little pay for no home time
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Normal, ILOctober 4, 2019
Little pay, no home time, fake people in upper management. Promise home every Friday night and act like they know nothing when dispatch keeps you out until Saturday afternoon.
Great place to work.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Hudson, ILAugust 18, 2019
Truly a company who cares about their people and family. They are willing to go the extra mile to ensure your success and happiness from day one and on.
Top Class Facility full of Folks with Class and Integrity
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hudson, ILMay 30, 2019
I came here as a new driver but have been in the work field over 20 plus years . I did my homework and when I started looking for Trucker Jobs , Nussbaum was 1st to offer. I've never regretted once since I started 7 months ago and after 20 years in various other fields ...I've found my home. You'll never meet or have been part of an organization like this . Top Class Recruiting , to Drivers and Trainers that sincerely care about you and Dispatch and Driver Managers that make your time as a driver comfortable and focused on the task at hand. Consistency and trust is what I expect of myself and Nussbaum treats you like your somebody.
Pros
Straight up honesty and work with your at home time
Cons
Nothing at all to me
Like Working for Mayberry on Technology
Over-the-Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Hudson, ILMay 17, 2019
Nicest people I have ever worked for! Generous pay. Hard work. They live by their mission statement. Often, they made me feel as if I were working for the residents of Mayberry! Or the Ingallses' Walnut Grove. Because of that, lazy or piggish or ungodly people should not apply. Sterling company with high standards.
excellent place to work out. top notch
retired driver (Former Employee) –  Hudson, Ill.March 22, 2019
Their isn't any perfect trucking company out there but Nussbaum comes just about as close to it as any company that I've seen. They are top notch at taking care of the drivers. If you want to drive for a company that treats drivers like royalty, then go to Nussbaum. They gave me a 2017 Freightliner with 339,000 miles on it & it looked like it just came out of the showroom inside & out. If you need something fixed on your truck, it's taken care of promptly. they have an open-door policy to management if you have a problem to work out & they talk to you on a friendly, understanding level.
Pros
Everything was great
Honest Folks and great equipment
OTR Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Hudson, ILFebruary 20, 2019
I will not work anywhere else. This place is like family. They aren't perfect, nor do they claim to be, but they do work hard every day to make a drivers job easier and they own up to their mistakes. We are also an employee owned company.
Pros
Great, well maintained, modern equipment
Cons
Sometimes wait time between loads is a little long, but not often.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Hudson, ILJanuary 21, 2019
I enjoyed working for Nussbaum they say what they mean and mean what they say, they are one of the leaders in the industry, I would recommend this company to anyone that is looking for a great over the road job. They have great trucks with the driver in mind.
Pros
Great benifts
Cons
Management skills
Truth and Integrity in action
OTR Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Hudson, ILJanuary 10, 2019
Nussbaum makes a promise during recruitment to tell you the straight truth. Many companies do but few deliver and follow through. Nussbaum Transportation does however. They deliver on the things they tell you and make you feel welcome and important. Their New Driver Training Program is very detailed and comprehensive and the best in the industry.
Pros
Patient atmosphere, affordable benefits, great staff, high integrity
Cons
No cons at this time
Best Company in the industry
Over the Road Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Hudson, ILDecember 27, 2018
Best company to work for, very family oriented. Top maintanance techs and facility, best ever office staff, great equipment. I have worked from r some very good companies in my career but none compare to Nussbaum. Should have been here years ago. Drivers and office staff start here and never leave which is why I will retire from here someday.
Pros
Cons
Honestly don’t have any.
Very collaborative environment, with great coworkers
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Hudson, ILDecember 18, 2018
Faith and family oriented company with great managers were work with you instead of over you. Very collaborative environment where good ideas are put first. Only downside is it can be long days!
Pros
Great people, great environment, always looking to do better
A Company with both integrity and commitment
Driver (Current Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 10, 2018
Are you curious what working for one of the Top 20 Trucking Companies (for four, going on five years running) is like? Then come work with me and over 400 quality people at Nussbaum. Absolutely THE BEST company to work with.

When you do your best, the best comes to you. Great Management, Facilities, Equipment, Maintenance and Customers. Competitive compensation for a job done well. Go head - pinch yourself. You ARE awake!
Pros
Great effort to ensure the success of their Drivers
Cons
Nothing (that they have control over).
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILDecember 6, 2018
loved my time here medium sized company great trucks open door policy when at home base can speak to anyone from HR to ownership. would work for company again if they open a Florida branch
Eenjoyed working as a truck driver for Nussbaul
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILOctober 23, 2018
As long as you did your job to company standards your you were treated fairly and with respect. I was never asked to go over the legal amount of hours in a day that the law allowed. I was always treated with respect and had good people to work with.
Pros
Pay was excellent
Cons
Can't say there was an cons
Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJune 13, 2018
in the winter it was cold on the dock - management at night was good. listening to the drivers get mad about there route the next morning. I worked with a good bunch of people.
Great Place To Work
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Hudson, ILJune 6, 2018
Very honest up front good people to work with, they have great equipment and very good driver managers who aren't pushy or that call and bug you while your driving. When I first started here I thought this company was too good too be true, but they proved me wrong. Best trucking company I've ever worked for, wish I would have got on board sooner.
Professional Caring Company
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Hudson, ILFebruary 8, 2018
Best truck driving job that I ever had. Trustworthy, honest company. I enjoyed the dedicated routes that were drop and hook. They were always sending things for me in the mail. Tool box, blue tooth headset etc.
Pros
High pay, safety first, Christian Company
Very good place to work
Over the road driver (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILNovember 28, 2017
Most every driver is on salary. great work environment. newer equipment. very little sitting. Family oriented, always caring about the driver. Just a all around good place to work
Pros
Newer equipment
Cons
good equipment good dispatching good maintenence
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Hudson, ILOctober 25, 2017
start day pre tripping truck and trailer, start logs, do delivery or pick up, touch base with dispatcher, after five hours driving time taking half hour break
Pros
big on safety
Cons
when weather was bad truck had to go to yard, could not bring home
Nussbaum is an excellent employer to work for.
OTR truck driver (Current Employee) –  Hudson, ILFebruary 28, 2016
Everyone is treated with respect, most in the office know you by name, and you are never treated like a number.

Company is relatively small compared with other trucking companies, employing only about 200 drivers.

New or newer equipment. Equipment is well-maintained and if you have a service need out on the road, they have mechanisms in place to help you quickly.
Pros
Very friendly and fair company to work for.
Cons
None really. Great employer.
Excellent Company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILSeptember 7, 2015
Loved working for this company. Best work experience I've ever had. Only reason I left was due to relocation to Texas to get married.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nussbaum Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6