Nutrien Ag Solutions Employee Reviews

You have a to be a self starter, want to learn and grow for yourself
Crop Consultant (Current Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAApril 9, 2019
No set schedule and many opportunities to grow your business and knowledge. I have gained lots of knowledge about chemistry and fertilizer for the agriculture market that I didn't know previously
Was a nice place to work at times
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bernie, MO 63822March 19, 2019
A lot is expected of you for little money. Very stressful and demanding at times. A lot of job duties are required at this job and is very difficult as they get little or no training.
Pros
Co-workers are like family.
Cons
Very poor management and no raises
Great place to start your career
Financial Reporting (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMarch 13, 2019
Great company! People really seem to care about you.
Show initiative early on and you will get more and more responsibilities very quickly. Don't like that I can't come in early in the morning and in order to leave early in the day. Also, don't like that some people are salaried and some get paid by the hour in the same team.
Pros
People, Activities
Cons
Non-flexible work hours
Great work environment. Strong leadership and forward thinking.
Crop Consultant (Current Employee) –  Manila, ARFebruary 27, 2019
Strong management and a enjoyable day to day work environment. Work hard when it's busy and enjoy flexibility when not. Forward thinking company that strives to take care of employees. Safety is number one goal and it shows from the top down.
Good Company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Lihue, HIFebruary 21, 2019
Great company to work for with excellent bennies. Has a great medical package with dental, vision and free life insurance. 2 weeks vacation with 7 days of sick leave. All sales employees get a company cell phone to use for work.
Exceptional company
Fixed Asset Accountant (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COJanuary 29, 2019
This company makes positive efforts to improve every day. They stay true to their mission statement and core values. Everyone that works here is friendly and responsive. The benefits are great providing a 401K match, bonuses, Christmas gifts, tuition reimbursement opportunities, etc. Overall I love working for this company and I think they treat their employees well.
Pros
401K match, bonuses, Christmas gifts, tuition reimbursement opportunities, etc
Cons
Very relax but high paced at times.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, WAJanuary 19, 2019
A typical day at Nutrien depends on the season. In the spring I worked long hours and was non stop busy. However, other times of the year consist of doing projects to benefit production of the plant during the off season and finding other simple things to do to stay busy during the off season. I learned countless skills such as metal fabrication to equipment operation all the way to simple math skills to take inventory on big storage bays. The managers at Nutrien are the best i have ever dealt with in my years in the work force. They are very easy going and very cool guys to work with. The hardest part of the job is getting off late at night around 6:30 pm after working 13.5 hours and coming back fresh and ready to do it again the next morning around 5 am. This part of the job was the hardest for me but once it became regular, it was a peace of cake job. The whole job is enjoyable but the most enjoyable part was all the perks it came with. There is a ton!
productive work place
summer intern (Former Employee) –  Blissfield, MIJanuary 14, 2019
Everyday you are expected to preform at your best to help the company. The management is working with you all the time to help you and teach you. The hardest part of the job is during the middle of the summer when they are very busy.
Stressfull
X driver (Former Employee) –  South valley oregonDecember 27, 2018
The management in the South valley in Oregon are back stabbers. They degrade you one minute, then the next,act as if nothing has even occurred. They also use all negatively that they can use against you to keep you from getting a raise yearly like they promise. They are also looking for people to hire at a new plant that's being built near by. Future employment if you like any of the above-mentioned.And they wonder why they can't find people to work for them and have such a high turnover in employees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Donutes everyday free lunch on saturdays
Cons
Bad management
Nutrien Ag Solutions
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Plainview, TXNovember 30, 2018
Overall good company to work for. The benefits are great. They have a great culture as well where employee safety is of prime importance. Quality of work/life balance is very good.
Quick, and long days, but has offered me hands on experience with my career choice
FIELD SCOUT (Former Employee) –  Firebaugh, CANovember 24, 2018
My days consisted of working from 6 in the morning till late in the afternoon depending on a days work. I enjoyed learning something new everyday. The work was fast paced and no mistakes were really allowed, only because thousands of dollars and many people were depending on the work being done.
Pros
learning
Cons
fast-paced, no mistakes allowed
Enjoyed job .
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, GANovember 11, 2018
I was hired by Nutrien Ag to manage their Nashville faculty after they purchased my business, Adel Feed & Seed. The Nashville store was bought September , 2017 when 23 stores was bought from Southern States. The facility was an old facility that requires extensive repairs and Nutrien Ag is not willing to spend the money even though we were increasing sales by adding new customers. Therefore, they chose to close the facility and hope to service the customers from Moultrie. I enjoy Ag and hope to find a job in this field. I have extensive experience in Ag.
Pros
Good company to work for.
Cons
Has growing pains.
worklife was not enjoyable
AP EXCEPTIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CONovember 5, 2018
management make you feel bad for not working more than the 8 to 10 hours of mandatory overtime per week. also the company does not give you much room to grow as an employee.
Pros
snacks provided at all ompany required meetings
Cons
everything else
Great Management!
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Parkston, SDNovember 5, 2018
They say a great manager is the key to a great work environment, they are completely right! My manager was a great guy inside and out, he knows how to do everything outside so he isn't just a pencil pusher. There was room for advancement as a full time employee and everyone was friendly and wanted to be there!
Pros
Great people, Great management, Healthy environment
Cons
Long drive, no open full time positions
Great benefits and social job
Crop Consultant (Current Employee) –  McLeansboro, ILNovember 1, 2018
Every day I will see what is in the agenda for the day and call customers to see if they are satisfied or if they need any work done. I was taught about seed feet and chemical and how to move those products to the farmers. Management is why the company is great. We are led well. Best part about the job is the freedom you have in the company.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lacking salary
Great learning opportunity
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAOctober 30, 2018
Nutrien Ag Solutions is a greatly diverse company. I have learned much more than I originally anticipated and am grateful for the opportunity. No repetitive action and always new challenges to come across.
Pros
Employee benefits, opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Not overly organized.
Great Benefits - Long Spring/Summer Hours
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  IowaOctober 19, 2018
Day to day perform normal clerical duties. In the spring and summer the hours are VERY long. Hard to balance work/family during this time. Manager is great and trying to make positive changes.
Pros
Flexibility during off season
Cons
Slow paced ,with notmuch going on, we work in another businesses offfice
ADMNSTATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Leoti, KSSeptember 21, 2018
I have learned many things over my years here and have shared that with those I trained, I just think during this time of my life I am ready for a change, maybe a new atmosphere, or a new location.
I feel I have put my best foot forward for the past 27 years and have not really been compensated for that. While the benefits have been great the opportunity for advancement , due to the location of the business has been stagnant. My manager unwillingness to advance our location to benefit our sales and work force as well as accomodating our customers has been a holding point for all team members.
Pros
Benefits, and time off earned by length of service
Cons
No advancement for the business or personally.
Ok job
employee (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 16, 2018
Any job in ag retail requires you life to go on hold in the spring and early summer. To successful it is 7 days a week form sunrise to sunset. Nutrien is no different except they try to get by on the cheap with employees. The good old boys network is full effect at some levels. You do have a lot of autonomy if you do your job well.
Pros
you are generally left alone
Cons
ridiculous hours
Great Company Location Important
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Goodland, KSSeptember 11, 2018
I have been with with this company for almost 10 years and have primarily had a great experience.
The current position is laid back and doesn't challenge me on a daily basis, although i have learned more about the agriculture industry while here.
Benefits