Nutrien Employee Reviews

Fast paced growing company
Laboratory (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LAOctober 11, 2018
This is a growing company with many opportunities to advance. The culture is safety driven but can sometimes feel rushed. Work days can change many times within a shift.
Pros
New Challenges
Cons
Uncertainty
Good Co-op Experince
Chemical Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Aurora, NCOctober 4, 2018
This was one of the better co-op experiences that I have had. Many different opportunities to work and learn in a safe professional environment. Definitely would recommend.
At first a fun place to work then environment changed for the worse
AP/Expense Clerk (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COSeptember 24, 2018
Both my jobs were outsourced - first one to India, second one sent to Canada. I was promised that they would do everything to help the people in our dept. find other jobs within the company but no one was ever hired even though we all applied to multiple openings. Management was no help and until the end we were hardly given a 2nd thought. We were told that our jobs given to the Canada division would run until Dec. but then were sent an email from our supervisor telling us that it would end beginning of Sept. Keeping moral up (which was also promised) lasted about 2 weeks with free lunch being brought in and then we were told that that would end and we were lucky to have jobs while it lasted.

I don't know about other departments within the company but the one I worked in was not a good one, was not managed well and had very low moral overall.
Pros
Good benefits and decent pay
Cons
Bad management, low moral and promises not ever kept
Stressful job is bad enough. Management was useless.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tyrone, PAAugust 24, 2018
If you want to work at a place where you are lied to and under appreciated. Climb aboard. Tyrone warehouse is like being back in high school. Gossip and people just talking behind your back. This season we were told by mgmt. that due to new customers being obtained, we were hiring a third driver for relief. Then immediately mgmt. took away our second driver to run a nurse truck and just slammed me with everything. I would ask several times a week (knowing the answer) if we were gonna hire another driver. For 5 years I served our customers loyally and as far as I know, the customers loved me. Three months into the mad year we were having due to a late spring, my attitude grew sour. I tried to stay positive but being hammered and knowing that another driver was not going to be hired pretty much made me not care anymore. I kinda knew I wouldn’t make it through the season. There are good people who work there but it’s just not a place I would recommend. If you got rid of the current management, I would mabey recommend the job to a driver.
Pros
Punching out.
Cons
Too many to list
One of the better companies I have worked for
Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 2, 2018
I have worked in the industry for about 35 years and for many companies. None are perfect but I would say Nutrien is one of the best ones. The recent merger has created some anxiety but the management has dealt pretty well with it. I see a very strong safety culture and commitment to improve. I have been with many companies in the past where they talked a lot but the proof was never there. It is the only company that I have worked for where I see management (at least at the local level) focused on improving leadership.
Pros
Strong culture, good communication
Cons
It is a fast paced culture, if you don't like that don't join
Good company- bad management
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJune 20, 2018
Most people seemed very unhappy and showed up just to pay their bills. The company is wonderful, however management is very unprofessional and has driven many dedicated hard workers away.
A growing company
Member (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COApril 14, 2018
Nutrien is a growing company. As it continues with its merger it increases its footing in the agricultural industry. The management of the organization is continuing to work to find the best balance for everyone.
Unprofessional
Finance (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COApril 2, 2018
Many people seemed unhappy and just there for a paycheck. I am sure there are exceptionally good employees though, and I did meet a few. If you become employed there, I hope you are part of an exceptional team.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Poor management and lack of innovation
Nutrien legacy Agrium is a great company.
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COMarch 3, 2018
This is very good company to work for. They are very professional and I have worked my way up the ladder in the 2 years I have been here - great management, great leadership across the board.
Lacks Career Advancement - Poor Management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 29, 2018
Nutrien is the result of a merger between two companies, Agrium & Potashcorp. Potashcorp has not been a great place to work for the last 3-5 years. Poor management and the lack of career advancement, especially for women, is the main reason for a poor review. Employee benefits were outstanding under Potashcorp, but all of that is changing due to the merger. Employees are not valued and the morale is very low.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Lacks career advancement