Nuvance Health
51Below average

Nuvance Health Employee Reviews

United States642 reviews
Treated differently because I am black. Worker are stuck in their old ways and not listening to management new ways, making it hard to work with them, when you are trained in the new way.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Healthcare, worker not willing to learn new things and making it difficult to work with them.
Dollars over care
Too many overpaid high level admin people

No recognition for good performance

Poor compensation

No longevity pay

High stress environment
Pros
Close by
Cons
More of a business than a hospital
Miss being informed of educational tools,forums,guest orators in specialties. Compassionate liasions and missions to employee and immediate family. Their commitment to personalize employee growth and wellness maintenance impressive and sincere proved very inspirational and beneficial to me and my ongoing living standards present and future. Always in need improving.
improvements,adjustments,
Miss being informed of educational tools,forums,guest orators in specialties. Compassionate liasions and missions to employee and immediate family. Their commitment to personalize employee growth and wellness maintenance impressive and sincere proved very inspirational and beneficial to me and my ongoing living standards present and future. Always in need of improvements,adjustments,
the management is great here and very flexible. Always willing to help. the hardest part of my job is being in the float pool because i work on all of the floors and sometimes they will switch me in the middle of the shift
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Good work schedules, great unit manager, fair scheduling and competitive compensation, Excellent health benefits with union contract. Strong peer connections.
Unhappy environment. Management does not have leadership qualities. Asking questions to learn is mistaken for weakness. Respect is missing and trust that your experience and knowledge are valuable is also present. The doctors are definitely an asset and welcome collaboration. Staff nurses are not given the respect they deserve. Great benefits.
Office staff refers to management as "evil" and terrible politics led me to leave the network. No emotional support or anywhere to turn to address the problems. There is no office morale and tensions are too high to function. No support! The doctors made it worth the stay, truly a tragedy to have to leave them.
Mgmt=awful, power trip ! Lack of communication and clarity! Favoritism is all time, they pick and choose who it’s good enough for . HR is completely spineless, just bows down to the ridiculousness of Mgmt. No one cares ABOUT YOU or that you have a family or children! Zero compassion ! How are they even in healthcare ? If you can’t show compassion , understanding, simple care to your employee , how do you expect any different towards your patient ? Oh that’s right it’s the little people who make the greatest impact on the patients, no one Mgr or supervisor! Micromanaged with no real direction ! Not sure how any of these people got into their positions , heartless and worthless ! This system just wants you to be the corporate robot programmed to their liking . I’ve worked in two other healthcare systems my entire career and I have never encounter such a disconnect between the employees and management and everyone in between! It’s alarming. You hear it over and over again from all departments; they don’t care about you ! Stay away !! You’ll thank me later for this warning ! Value yourself better than this place ! Can’t wait to be out of this place . Worst decision yet !
Horrible place to work injured on the job, they won't hold my position. Let me go, then decided to not give me my position back.
The management is nasty and rude. They don't care how you feel. The staff is mean and nasty, and they do not do anything to fix it or care.
I moved on for professional growth and development. I enjoyed the team I worked with. I enjoyed the skills and knowledge as a professional I gained. It was an educating and growth expeirence
Poor management in some medical offices

Pay not good

Good benefits

Inconsistencies between all medical offices

No real direction from higher ups

Poor communication
Extremely stressful atmosphere. New management does not appreciate the employees who have worked there for many years. My fellow coworkers were wonderful but management is the worst.
Administration was unable to provide guidance with a never-ending list of responsibilities. Management would continue to assign additional work, without prioritizing. My co-workers were great, the leadership was unclear and appeared selfish and self-preserving.
Respiratory department staff constantly throws each other under the bus, and both managers and staff are out to get you in trouble. Constantly fires employees. New employees are throwed out to the wolves. Stay away!!!!
Management needs work. I feel like they care more about their ratings and less about the workers. The new system with pto and discipline sucks It's unfair.
During training it's encouraged to reevaluate your position from a personal stand point so you can remain happy at the work place. There are some opportunities for changing departments.
Productive and learning work environment. I had a great experience and feel as though I was exposed to a multitude of different mental health disorders. Employees were extremely helpful and understanding.
During my 3 months in this role my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer and we had tornadoes come through CT. These 2 horrible events clearly caused an unusual amount of time out of the office. This was highly frowned upon regardless of the nature of the absences.
Nuvance, prior name wchn great place to work. Compensation and job security a plus. Equal opportunity employer. I highly recommended nuvance to my family. I have a few family members that work there because of me.
There needs to be more support when it comes to departments it’s like everyone is out for each other. It shouldn’t be you said this so your not fit it should be why do you feel that way.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nuvance Health. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.6
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight