NuVasive, Inc. Employee Reviews

Peers are great. IT Management is terrible
ITSM (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2018
The Management of their PMO is absolutely terrible. They are lead by people who do not know how to run PMO while also being terrible managers. the culture there is fairly toxic as well across the board with people yelling and backstabbing. some teams are shielded from this (AppDev andtesting in particular) so there are positive pockets of places to work. but those are the places that have great Managers
Pros
nice campus
Cons
cut throat, low pay, poor management
Columbia office not a great place to work
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 29, 2018
Management sucks very bad. They’re unfriendly unprofessional lack of communication no correct training no type of support in helping with the work a revolving door . I would never recommend Nuvasive to anyone. Stay away all the othe states might be great but the (Maryland) office be aware.
Cons
Excellent Culture, lots of team bonding.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2018
A typical day was ALWAYS busy and nothing ever ceased to surprise me with constant meeting changes and new prioritized duties. I learned a lot, especially time management more than ever with the pace. Excellent culture with amazing Leaders who really CARE. Hardest part of the job was being able to say no, with so many new tasks/requests on a daily basis. But it keeps you on your feet and makes the day go by quickly!
Growing Company
SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER, GLOBAL EVENT MARKETING (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJuly 31, 2018
Great work and learning experience. The company is constantly changing and trying to keep up with the industry. Management structure is constantly changing. Department communication has improved.
Pros
Company meetings and social events
Cons
Senior staff is hardly on site.
No advancement, Production-minded management, if you're not in the clique...then you'll soon be fired
distribution (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 30, 2018
Worked hours and hours. Promised advancement, promised pay raises, promised change (in the form of more resources). Essentially, all you get is lied to. There's a reason that some of the top leaders in the home office of San Diego left over the past few years. The new leadership just wants numbers. As an employee, you're also thought of as a number...they preach about culture...the last time that was good was in 2015ish. Now, the only culture is to try not to upset the head of ops, hr, and a few cronies so you don't get the axe.
Oh, you think you deserve a raise? Nah, they'd rather just upgrade their buildings...in San Diego. The only other way to get one is to be there long enough and then threaten to quit. You may get a raise, but you won't advance. Also, don't dare ask any questions about decisions being made. Oh, they'll tell you to...they'll tell you they use the questions to try to improve or clarify the decisions...but that just puts you on a "list."
If you interview here, ask why all their good longtime employees keep leaving. They're bleeding talent left and right because they would rather underpay and hope you don't realize the grass really is greener in other places. Ask why they continue to neglect providing resources...It doesn't make sense to work people to death when a few hires would solve the problem. Ask why the pay is below the industry median. That's starting, mid-level, and experienced pay...all levels. Ask why the managers aren't experienced in the departments they run. If I work in a quality environment, shouldn't that be led by a
  more... supervisor with quality experience....even just a little? Then, decide if you can put up with that type of leadership....because it's all through this company.  less
Pros
you get paid...but not much...not even industry standard.
Cons
just read the review.
Not the best place to work
Post Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  West Carrollton City, OH 45449July 30, 2018
Hostile work environment, no accountability, and no real quality standards company wide. Pretty sad since it’s a medical device company. No teamwork, with most coworkers acting cutthroat. Too much backstabbing.
Pros
Ok benefits package
Cons
Too many to list
Fun Working Place with Team Events
SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER, GLOBAL EVENT MARKETING (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJuly 5, 2018
I enjoyed working at NuVasive Aliso Viejo. The management staff has an open door policy and listen to their teams opinions. They are always looking for a way to improve processes and worker smarter, not harder.
Pros
Monthly Company Meetings with Happy Hour
Good and Bad
Lead OR Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2018
Used to be a great place with great people, all over the company. I believed in the message that my department was putting out and I worked hard for my team and my management with little to no consideration or support. Team members creating problems where there wasn't any and causing issues in other departments. Management causing scenes at company functions while being intoxicated and being asked to leave. People not showing up for work for days or flat out refusing to do things they are asked and manage to keep their jobs. Managers watching Soccer games at their desks while hard working folks were being neglected and the keeping up appearances at the department social club instead of handling the issues that were plaguing the department. Being blown off twice by my director when you have an issue with a fellow employee who has created a hostile work environment by being a 4 year old and giving you the silent treatment for months. Talking to management about said employee causing issues in other areas and being lied to about any follow up. And the list goes on and on, pure shitshow.

It's a real shame, the CEO and COO are great guys and doing there very best to make Nuvasive a greater spine company than it already is. Shame it has a management team that tramples all over the Values of the company to the detriment of the department.

I'd work here again, as I loved what I did. But they have to get rid of some the lazy backstabbing riff raff for me to even consider it. Good Luck Nuvasive, you're a great company harboring bad eggs, and good eggs are leaving or being forced
  more... out in droves.

Pros
Great People, made a lot of good friends.
Cons
Backstabbing individuals. Ineffective Management, Poor attitudes
Fun place to work
Marketing (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 9, 2018
I've enjoyed contributing to bettering the spine industry and the people that I work with. Overall, the company is positive and offers nice benefits to Shareowners.
it should be called Watergate
billing (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 13, 2018
So much covering up going on. If only the facilities they do business with were aware they WOULD NOT give them any business. Like everything it will catch up with them eventually.
Quality Engineer
Quality Engineer / Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 9, 2018
Nuvasive INC- working exp. delightful, opportunity to learn something new everyday. Improves your confidence level and knowledge. Good sharing and learning environment.
Work hard for the same pay as someone who doesnt
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  West Carrollton City, OHApril 7, 2018
I worked there believing in all the hype they said. Boy was I wrong. Management has their favorites and there was no bottom line on production. You could run 500 parts and one of the favorites could run 1 part and the pay is the same as the bonuses.
Culture does not like to work with people who are aging.
Manpower Contractor (Former Employee) –  West Carrollton City, OHApril 2, 2018
Culture is aimed towards young people, & foreigners. They do not like helping new people that are starting through temp agency. Nor do they offer full time employment. Very disappointed. I was told they were a good company to work for.
Fast paced environment
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2018
NuVasive promotes a very fast paced environment. The company mascot is a cheetah. Workaholics would love this place! Plenty of work for everyone with plenty of challenges!
NuVasive as a start up
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2018
I worked at NuVasive when it was a start up spine company. Very demanding, very fast paced environment. Sales management was always pushing for more sales.
High Pressure Environment
Associate Neurophysiologist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 26, 2018
Job definitely is not for everyone. Must be able to handle high stress situations and be able to manage relationships with people from all different backgrounds.
Depends on your region
Neurophysiologist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 10, 2018
The Neurophysiologist position with NuVasive varied greatly depending on which region one worked in. For example some regions were well staffed with balanced schedules, others were severely understaffed. Case variety and load also varied region to region, with some focusing almost entirely on spine, and others had the opportunity to monitor more advanced procedures. There were advanced procedures in my region, however we were so understaffed I seldom got the opportunity to participate in them which was frustrating. Insufficient staffing led to more traveling than was anticipated; sometimes I would monitor at multiple facilities in one day. Due to multiple contracts spread across two states, there were some days when I would have to monitor very long surgeries with no breaks. Then again, that can be the nature of surgery.
On the plus side, I was fortunate to work with a great team, caring managers, and some talented and enjoyable surgeons and OR staff. When looking for jobs I wanted to get some experience in training new NPs, and they allowed me to do so. The education coordinators and materials were excellent, from beginning training to CNIM prep.
Overall a good company to work for, but I recommend getting details on the workload and travel requirements of your desired region before signing on.
Pros
Good pay, flex time, relocation assistance, bonuses, education
Cons
Long hours, unpredictable schedule, long commutes, variable physician oversight
Great Shareowners and great place to grow!
PPT (Current Employee) –  West Carrollton City, OHDecember 2, 2017
Nuvasive is a great company to work for. The shareowners are great and management gives you the freedom to show your skills and abilities. Great place to work and the benefits are great as well
Pros
Free coffee, healthy snacks, safety first, Shareowners, growing company
Cons
Some bad seeds got through the hiring process giving the off shift a bad reputation.
Nuvasive-Spine Device Sales
Medical Device Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 20, 2017
Nuvasive Inc. was a overall good company to work for. I was not there long enough to get a good grasp of the company culture but the experience I had was pleasant. The company and the position allowed me to advance myself to where I am now.
Pros
Entry into Medical Device
Cons
High turnover in the sales reps in the area
Productive, to much stuff to fulfill in the work
Tecnico quirurgico (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoNovember 4, 2017
Is a awesome company to work and to much stuuf to do alone during the surgerys. Sometimes good partnership. We help esch other during hard cases a support each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NuVasive, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.