NuVasive, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun Working Place with Team Events
SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER, GLOBAL EVENT MARKETING (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJuly 5, 2018
I enjoyed working at NuVasive Aliso Viejo. The management staff has an open door policy and listen to their teams opinions. They are always looking for a way to improve processes and worker smarter, not harder.
Pros
Monthly Company Meetings with Happy Hour
Good and Bad
Lead OR Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2018
Used to be a great place with great people, all over the company. I believed in the message that my department was putting out and I worked hard for my team and my management with little to no consideration or support. Team members creating problems where there wasn't any and causing issues in other departments. Management causing scenes at company functions while being intoxicated and being asked to leave. People not showing up for work for days or flat out refusing to do things they are asked and manage to keep their jobs. Managers watching Soccer games at their desks while hard working folks were being neglected and the keeping up appearances at the department social club instead of handling the issues that were plaguing the department. Being blown off twice by my director when you have an issue with a fellow employee who has created a hostile work environment by being a 4 year old and giving you the silent treatment for months. Talking to management about said employee causing issues in other areas and being lied to about any follow up. And the list goes on and on, pure shitshow.

It's a real shame, the CEO and COO are great guys and doing there very best to make Nuvasive a greater spine company than it already is. Shame it has a management team that tramples all over the Values of the company to the detriment of the department.

I'd work here again, as I loved what I did. But they have to get rid of some the lazy backstabbing riff raff for me to even consider it. Good Luck Nuvasive, you're a great company harboring bad eggs, and good eggs are leaving or being forced
  more... out in droves.

Pros
Great People, made a lot of good friends.
Cons
Backstabbing individuals. Ineffective Management, Poor attitudes
it should be called Watergate
billing (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 13, 2018
So much covering up going on. If only the facilities they do business with were aware they WOULD NOT give them any business. Like everything it will catch up with them eventually.
Quality Engineer
Quality Engineer / Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 9, 2018
Nuvasive INC- working exp. delightful, opportunity to learn something new everyday. Improves your confidence level and knowledge. Good sharing and learning environment.
Work hard for the same pay as someone who doesnt
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  West Carrollton City, OHApril 7, 2018
I worked there believing in all the hype they said. Boy was I wrong. Management has their favorites and there was no bottom line on production. You could run 500 parts and one of the favorites could run 1 part and the pay is the same as the bonuses.
Culture does not like to work with people who are aging.
Manpower Contractor (Former Employee) –  West Carrollton City, OHApril 2, 2018
Culture is aimed towards young people, & foreigners. They do not like helping new people that are starting through temp agency. Nor do they offer full time employment. Very disappointed. I was told they were a good company to work for.
Fast paced environment
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2018
NuVasive promotes a very fast paced environment. The company mascot is a cheetah. Workaholics would love this place! Plenty of work for everyone with plenty of challenges!
NuVasive as a start up
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2018
I worked at NuVasive when it was a start up spine company. Very demanding, very fast paced environment. Sales management was always pushing for more sales.
High Pressure Environment
Associate Neurophysiologist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 26, 2018
Job definitely is not for everyone. Must be able to handle high stress situations and be able to manage relationships with people from all different backgrounds.
Depends on your region
Neurophysiologist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 10, 2018
The Neurophysiologist position with NuVasive varied greatly depending on which region one worked in. For example some regions were well staffed with balanced schedules, others were severely understaffed. Case variety and load also varied region to region, with some focusing almost entirely on spine, and others had the opportunity to monitor more advanced procedures. There were advanced procedures in my region, however we were so understaffed I seldom got the opportunity to participate in them which was frustrating. Insufficient staffing led to more traveling than was anticipated; sometimes I would monitor at multiple facilities in one day. Due to multiple contracts spread across two states, there were some days when I would have to monitor very long surgeries with no breaks. Then again, that can be the nature of surgery.
On the plus side, I was fortunate to work with a great team, caring managers, and some talented and enjoyable surgeons and OR staff. When looking for jobs I wanted to get some experience in training new NPs, and they allowed me to do so. The education coordinators and materials were excellent, from beginning training to CNIM prep.
Overall a good company to work for, but I recommend getting details on the workload and travel requirements of your desired region before signing on.
Pros
Good pay, flex time, relocation assistance, bonuses, education
Cons
Long hours, unpredictable schedule, long commutes, variable physician oversight

Want to know more about NuVasive, Inc.?

Ask a question
Great Shareowners and great place to grow!
PPT (Current Employee) –  West Carrollton City, OHDecember 2, 2017
Nuvasive is a great company to work for. The shareowners are great and management gives you the freedom to show your skills and abilities. Great place to work and the benefits are great as well
Pros
Free coffee, healthy snacks, safety first, Shareowners, growing company
Cons
Some bad seeds got through the hiring process giving the off shift a bad reputation.
Nuvasive-Spine Device Sales
Medical Device Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 20, 2017
Nuvasive Inc. was a overall good company to work for. I was not there long enough to get a good grasp of the company culture but the experience I had was pleasant. The company and the position allowed me to advance myself to where I am now.
Pros
Entry into Medical Device
Cons
High turnover in the sales reps in the area
Productive, to much stuff to fulfill in the work
Tecnico quirurgico (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoNovember 4, 2017
Is a awesome company to work and to much stuuf to do alone during the surgerys. Sometimes good partnership. We help esch other during hard cases a support each other.
Great Shareowners
Post Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHOctober 31, 2017
This place fired me after 3 months of working very hard for them, they found out some extra info on me, but my work habits were impeccable and they released me... so much for being about your employees and helping people change their lives cause they sent mine through a loop
Pros
All the people and benefits
Cons
Uncaring people in their HR department
Great place
Master Machinist (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHSeptember 16, 2017
Great place to work. Really great people to work with and for. The benefits were excellent. Very clean work environment. Improving peoples lives with the products you are making.
Great Company, Terrible Service Desk/IT Department
Desktop Support Technician III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2017
Nuvasive as a company is great as far as what service they provide. DO NOT work here if you are in IT and want to advance your career. There is no accountability and management doesnt care about their employees. Its pretty sad when your manager tells you on multiple occasions "if you dont like it, find another job" or "i dont care if you find another job". LOTS OF FAVORTISM. Stay away from the IT department if youre looking to advance your career. You will NOT.
Pros
Gym, On site Cafe, Fresh Fruit and some free snacks
Cons
Benefits, Management could care less about their employees
Great employees poor management
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 3, 2017
I worked for this company in the memphis area and i loved the people i worked with. The managers suck though. Long hours and low pay. If you have family at home this is not the job for you. The hours change daily and most time we were on mandatory 10 hour shifts 6 days a week. You work when the managers dont and instead of them helping you work they stand and watch you.

On the flip side, company has great benefits, great company planned events, healthy eating options, free snacks in vending machine, and great employees that are willing to weather the storm to get the job done. What they do there is life- changing and glad i experienced it.
Pros
Great employees, great benefits, and great planned events
Cons
Poor management team, long work hours, low pay
Loved the company
Supply Chain Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 6, 2017
I worked for Supply Chain Department. I assisted the buyers with reports on a daily basis. Learned different computer programs. I loved the workplace culture.
Pros
The company, it's culture...
Cons
A little too individualized
Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 5, 2017
Good benefits; good environment; advancement opportunities; great training; very rewarding job. Employees are treated very well and given many perks in and out of the work place.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 3, 2017
Where do I start? This place has been an excellent opportunity for me; great management, great benefits, great culture, excellent work environment in a semi-casual setting. Dynamic enough to provide unique and ever-changing opportunities, and stable enough for longevity in your career.