Nuverra Environmental Solutions Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Deceivingly relaxed atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 22, 2018
Three different management teams/styles in 5 years' time
People were not utilized/positioned properly based on their strengths and weaknesses
No micromanaging, yet managers not easily accessible
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
healthcare, vacation time
Laid back, well paid
Driver (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDApril 16, 2018
Management was easy going as loong as you didn't break anything, speed, and did your assigned work. Pay was great until the price of oil dropped in 2015, not the companies fault.
Job became insecure
Vacuum Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tioga, NDFebruary 12, 2018
I was told that I wouldn't be laid off.
I was lead to believe, after much discussion, that would not be laid off when work slowed down.
Because I was in company housing, my girlfriend and I found ourselves homeless and jobless in freezing weather with at least our paychecks to pack up and leave suddenly.
No reasonable warning.
I felt just thrown away.
Pros
Good pay, competitive environment
Cons
You are just a number
have no complaints
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Frierson, LAFebruary 10, 2018
everything was ok i really have no complaints to list they were really adament to help where they were willing to train and work with me so honestly i would highly recommend this to everyone
Low pay
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Norwich ohioJanuary 29, 2018
This company makes you start on nightshift at indusrty low pay.they also dont pay you for your required dot break so they rip you off 2.5 hours a week.which is about $200 a month.high turnover rate.unqualified management.look elsewhere for a job.every other water hauling company pays you for your dot break but this company
Pros
Trucks
Cons
Pay.benefits.dot break thats not paid
great place to start in the oilfield
Roustabout (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDJanuary 23, 2018
Great group of guy to work for. The rental department feels like family. There is no shortage of hours to be worked. When there is no dispatches for the crew, the office provides yard work to keep the crew busy. you can expect 120-160 hours per pay period.The equipment is getting older, and down time is increasing.
Pros
relaxed, good pay
Cons
no room to grow
Poor management can’t keep contracts always saying they didn’t have enough work for everyone and picking favorites
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Masontown, WVJanuary 22, 2018
can’t keep contracts to keep everyone working and benefits are not good at all they are cheap but no coverage and co pays and deductibles are horrible
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Benefits and low pay
Do not work here
Driver (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDDecember 27, 2017
This place is all bad. poor management. They promise you more money then you're gonna make then you top out at a low percentage. Would not recommend to anyone.
Wouldn’t recommend employment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cadiz, OHDecember 24, 2017
Could be a good place to work if the higher up people would stop turning blind eye to some of the key position employees that are horrible managers, treat employees they supervise like dirt under there feet, let these managers run off the good employees because the employee finally can’t take anymore and quits. Sad when a so called “corporate” employee acts as if they are better than everyone and can turn nose up at truck drivers when we are who makes your salary for you. Run off good administration that actually helped the main workers but again higher ups let it go on. Run this company in ground day by day
Benefits
Worst place ever
Truck driver (Current Employee) –  Masontown, WVDecember 23, 2017
Do not recamend to any one. Not even my worst enemy. Management is all about there self,they don't care if you sit at home and starve,I guess if I was salary who would care.Drivers are a dime a dozen so why would mangment care about them.Here is your dime now go find some.I would like a company pickup just to make people mad so they quit but I guess I can't lie to that many people.Unless you are on the favorite list you better stay far away.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Superb training, best i ever had. Management is very helpful.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tioga, NDNovember 22, 2017
Excellent co.Need I say more. Dispatch is extremely helpful. Management is on the ball & willing to help in any way. They just grew to fast
I believe they will come back stronger then ever.day
I sure learned a lot about the oilfield in the time I was with the COMPANY.
Pros
Training & equipment & CO;WORKERS
Cons
No life outside of the oilfield., isolation.
End Dump, Vacuum/Tanker Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXOctober 19, 2017
Day at work pretty quick and simple. Long list to the things learned(Oil-Rig operation, its safety zones, Do's and Don'ts, Summary of Flow-back, PPE, consistency of Oil-Base cuttings...etc.), Yard management could partake in Management classes and Work Ethics, Culture was very easy going with the employees, Finding thee area of work for the day was the hardest part of the job, Most enjoyable part of the day was the completion of the work and knowing that the job started was accomplished.
Pros
Incentives in the long run
Cons
Very long day
its a ok place to work
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Watford City, NDOctober 4, 2017
lack of experience in the field for management and sales people dont know the job but try to tell you how to do it. cut the commission by 3% which is a huge cut and the company housing isnt cheap
Pros
work with you for days off
Cons
dont pay for your experience
Favoritism and Terrible Leadership
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDSeptember 20, 2017
Good Ole' boys club and if you're not in it your out. Managers in Watford are lazy and unqualified. The few good leaders they have are encouraged to keep their mouth shut. There's an obvious reason they went bankrupt. Johnsrud is an arrogant pig.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Leadership
Productive and fun place to work
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 22, 2017
Very nice employees, easy to get along with, very good with working with your schedule, hardest task is moving heavy boxes to file room, Most enjoyable part of the job are the people I work with
Poor management
Accounts Receivable Admin - (Start) (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXJuly 14, 2017
Poor management, the mangers highly lacked quality of professionalism. They had inappropriate relations within the company, they mainly hired if known by someone within the company.
Good barbeque and good quality
Roustabout Hand (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDJune 12, 2017
Good place to work in a family environment and the best bosses u can have . They shinny just care about ur work they also care about u as a person outside of work .
Trucking company fast paced always changing
Shipping and Receiving Clerk/parts specialist (Current Employee) –  Watford City, NDJune 3, 2017
Good company to work for. Benefits are good. This company services the oil industry. We supply water to oil rigs, also take salt water to disposal. Need to be osha 10 certified.
Good Place ran poorly
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Masontown, WVApril 11, 2017
No discipline, no advancement, no management that's pretty much it for this one. I did meet some great people to work with and still am friends with to this day!
Easy job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXApril 10, 2017
Do not work for this company, it's a waste of time energy. U get payed by the load. Basically, u have to do lots of loads everyday to make money. Very stressful and the drivers are always speeding to make the loads. The money is nothing, I was a jailer making the same amount of money lol.
Pros
Benefits, insurance
Cons
No money