Nuvox Communications

Nuvox Communications Employee Reviews

Nuvox Communications insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energizing work tasks

Was a nice step back into telecom.

I enjoyed my time with Nuvox, but felt that it had a small town mindset for too many years, which allowed for the acquisition by Windstream. I liked the company being based in Greenville, SC and having all senior leadership nearby.

Pros

Nice working relationship with co-workers.

Cons

Benefits were lacking, databases were outdated and very slow.

Nuvox Daily routine

Review sales orders and either reject back to sales team to correct issues or input new order into system for processing. Ensuring orders move through the process to completion in a timely manner.

Pros

Good People, Team effort to get things done

Cons

Streesful month end deadlines

Hardest part of the job

We had to sell services to companies when in the background we were not able to install anything for 8 months because our network was not ready to launch.

A very fun work environment, very fair to all races, religions & such

I was very satisfied with the working conditions here. They often held large cookouts for employee appreciation days, there were many trips to outlying offices in Atlanta,West Palm Beach & south Florida where we had multiple offices. I was able to utilize my training skills in those offices to help newly hired sales & sales support representatives in our newest systems to help them make the most of the proposal generation, order placement, trouble tickets, etc systems. A very pleasant family type environment where we all kept in touch via Yahoo Instant Messanger, cell phones & even now on Facebook.

Pros

Very flexible with work hours, including the ability to work from home, travel that was easily balanced with my own family & personal life, good compensation for serivces provided, great benefits, made many good friends for life

Cons

Sometimes the hours were too long, including working until 2:00 a.m. at month end to get the sales representatives orders processed, occasionally the travel interfered with my family life

Execellent Work Environment

Company provides services to customers with high ethical standards Lots of fun and good working conditions including gym

Job seekers rely on your experience.

great team and network

I learned the ins and outs of telecommunications. We sold T1s, software used for data back up, disaster recovery and communication. Without us the business had no internet, phones, or plan for lost information. I stated out in sales and worked my way up to an indirect channel a manger where I hired vendors to help promote our services to their clients We worked as a consultative team to help businesses grow and become more productive.

It was the start of the telecom advancement with state of the art products and procedures.

Since the technology was fairly new, it was harder to train Account Executives, harder to manage their funnels and to manage the products to sell to their prospective clients. That being said, we got the job done. P&L's looked good for the Little Rock office. ROI looked good for the end user. Compensation was above average for the salespeople.

Pros

New Technology

Cons

Not enough information on the technology

Company no longer exists

Decent small corporation- Typical carrier day to day issues, usually due to miscommunications, but fairly minor compared to other places- Too bad their goal was to sell out- Bought by Windstream-

Pros

Cons

They're gone

Great company with excellent leadership

average work/life balance. Good compensation/benefits. Oppty for growth. Excellent management but average job culture.

Interesting Job

This job was interesting, however the management was very old fashion (get me a cup of coffee).

Supportive Management

I was able to work with several different departments and was well received. I learned quite a bit from the user community, as well as, the Developers and Programers. The company felt like a family and I was very supported by management.

Great company, innovative ideas

Smaller telephone company that built a solid core group of residential and business customers.

Nuvox

streamlined CLEC business with success and internal growth opportunities.

Overall a great company to work for

I enjoyed most of the managers and employees I worked with. The experience was a great one for me. I enjoyed interacting and meeting new people, the customers and field techs.

Team and Departmental Support

Analyzed business systems capabilities to ensure business requirements were being met. Interdepartmental subject matter expert who cross-trained team members.Created efficiencies within systems in order to reduce costs associated with business operation. Deployed requested enhancements, version release of operating systems to user community, and trained users on the changes. Facilitated unit, system, regression, and user acceptance testing for quality control. Developed and created Business Requirements Documents and High Level Design. Facilitated meetings with department heads for requirement needs, documentation review, and sign-off.

Great company to work for.

Maintaining NuVox's customer facing facilities and equipment including troubleshooting of vendor/customer troubles on a daily basis. Line translations and translations errors in DMS and/or 5ESS class 5 switches. Opening trouble repair tickets regarding customer issues notify and dispatch to the appropriate field personnel. Performing diagnostics and maintenance functions to resolve problems remotely through DACS testing. Fault isolation, and referring tickets to the proper ILEC for repair. Able to operate in call center/technical support center; Drill down to root cause of trouble and resolve, dispatch or escalate; Ability to access CSU/DSU for troubleshooting and trouble resolution.

Pros

excellent company.

freedom to complete tasks and become successful

freedom to be a successful sales rep. This was a small start up telcom company that found minimal success in the Wichita market.

Pros

freedom

Cons

dated products

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nuvox Communications. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2