NUWAY Employee Reviews

Not the same as when I hired in
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo MichiganJanuary 12, 2019
I hired in do some decent people and shortly thereafter they retired and their son took over the business he was nothing like they were he was arrogant and very hard to get along with as well as being a total jerk and anything that went wrong whether it was your fault or not it was your fault and it was never his fault the job was supposed to be full-time but ended up not being after he took over so all in all I'd only did the job go downhill but they had no clue on how to price items as well I went in the store the other day and their prices were so out of touch with reality I could actually buy a new item for the price but they wanted for a donated item
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Too many 2 mention
Clinical supervision is sought
Dual Licensed Clinician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 23, 2018
Clinical opinion is sought yet often times discounted, admissions appear to be less focused on client and more focused on filling beds. As a whole, the process appears to be regarding filling someone's ego not helping a client.
Pros
Clinicil supervision OFFERED
Cons
Not supplied
Demanding and Rewarding
Counselor (Former Employee) –  3R'sOctober 2, 2018
Outpatient treatment counselors have caseloads of 16 clients. A typical day includes at least three individual sessions and four hours of group therapy facilitation. Organization skills are a must if a counselor wants to confine work 40-50 hours per week.
Pros
Good Pay, Collaborative Team, Bonuses, Counselors are Trusted, Supplies Provided
Cons
Client Contact/Paperwork Balance is Skewed
Helpful, caring work evironment
Alcohol & Drug Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 6, 2018
Helpful and caring supervision with great benefits and opportunities for further education and advancement. Job schedule provides adequate time to finish paperwork.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Street parking occasionally.
Co-workers were very supportive
Counselor/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2018
Huge workload, not enough money., however, co-workers were always to assist. The most challenging part of the job was working with the owner's wife. The most enjoyable part of the job was facilitating the groups..
Cons
Working with the owners wives.
Staff- and patient-centered
Marketing and Business Development (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 15, 2018
I heard about NUWAY through several mutual contacts in this field that were raving about working there. I decided to check into it. Since starting, I've found that the culture here is nothing short of amazing. I've been searching my entire career for an organization that was both client- and staff-centered. My administrative role does not have direct contact with patients, but the teams are collaborative so that I can be part of the actual mission as well.
Pros
Great pay, ability to work from home, community
I love working here!
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 13, 2018
I started here as an intern finishing up my LADC hours. I loved working here and was really excited to apply for a full time job and continue with my experience here. I immediately went from my internship into a full time job with the organization. I love my position and the coworkers that I work with every day. The clients are so fun to work with and have great conversations with. NuWay has been an amazing place to work and I don't see myself leaving the position that I now have.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers, great working enviornment, great PTO and holiday benefits, very good pay for the field, good work/life balance, positive working culture.
Team Oriented
Internship (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 26, 2017
It is a great pleasure working at NuWay. We have to work as a team as ours clients have challenges with substance abuse and mental illness.
Each client is treated with compassion, empathy, and respect. We have a culture that supports the needs of our clients.
Terrible Leadership
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 6, 2017
Great pay and co-workers, awful management. Profit-driven, antiquated treatment services. The compensation was good comparatively, but health plans are marginal and expensive.
Some days not happy to come to work.
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 8, 2014
I need a secure job with benefits, and also I need a job where the administration will support their staff. I need a job where there's structure.
Un-Satisfactory service
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2014
I need to have structure and my job does not have any structure, Administration is not for staff at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NUWAY. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9