NUYO Frozen Yogurt

NUYO Frozen Yogurt Employee Reviews

NUYO Frozen Yogurt insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Fun and amazing workplace to be apart of with great coworkers

Nuyo is a very chill and fun workplace to be apart of, amazing coworkers and a great overall experience. The atmosphere of Nuyo is pretty good, certainly there are days where it can get very hectic but we always work together so we are able to complete the tasks we need to do by the end of the night. In all honesty I think my ability to communicate with others has helped me a lot and that has plenty to do with Nuyo because on a daily basis you talk to people and so over time I have been able to talk easier to others than when I first started. On a typical day at Nuyo, it consists of clocking in, dealing with customers, counting each till, filling the yogurts in the back, making sure everything is stocked and clean by the time we are done, and the last important thing would be to make sure the important things are off like the tv, AC, machines, and of course the lights.

Great coworkers, bad management

It was an interesting job to have, as a supervisor you are in charge of the store, making sure that every customer is satisfied and the store is clean/stocked. You are provided with checklists to ensure that everything is completed. The owners are extremely involved, to the point of being overbearing. I noticed that they had very poor communication with employees when it came to issues with scheduling, mistakes on shift etc. And if they did, I was personally met with passive aggressiveness. I even saw one girl almost get fired for trying to call out of a shift (even though she still showed up and did the full shift). They work morning shifts during the week, and have over 10 cameras in their tiny store. They make it obvious that they do NOT trust their employees with constant updates on rules (aka small details like putting rules on timing, how much to fill the toppings, how long to soak dishes etc) the owner even once called the store to tell an employee who had literally just arrived to put her hair up (because she was watching the cameras). Although these concerns can be credible, they do not give you the opportunity to the supervisor to deal with small mistakes like not putting your hair up two minutes after clocking in. Personally, I do not work well with this type of management. For me, it was overbearing and irritating. However, if you have never had a job before this is a great place to get your basics down and successfully learn how to do your job, because there is always someone there to answer questions and critique your work. Overall, this job was not fun for me -

Pros

free yogurt on shift(only up to 8 ounces), 30% discount(only for you NOT family or friends), clean store, easy routine

Cons

micromanagement, poor communication, repetitive, overly strict

Friendly and community-oriented workplace.

A typical day at work for me included working the register, helping customers, maintaining yogurt machines and toppings, and cleaning windows, tables, the bathroom, and more. My coworkers were always friendly and nice and everything was always very organized. My favorite part of the job was interacting with the customers and getting to know my coworkers.

Good environment, but difficult management

Overall I loved working at Nuyo. The employees were awesome to be around and I loved the environment, but the management wasn't very flexible or understanding.

Pros

Free yogurt

Cons

Bad communication

Good opportunity for advancement

Nuyo is a friendly work environment. If it is your goal to own your own business, it is a good place to start. You can work your way up to management and since it is a franchise, you can move on to purchasing your own store.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Great place to work for first job and great job culture

NuYo was my first job, and a great one at that! Great people and atmosphere to work with. Would definitely recommend working at the establishment.

Pros

People, product, flexible scheduling

Fun staff, good hours

I enjoyed the staff I supervised when working for NuYo. The customer base was awesome, I really enjoyed the variety of flavors we had as well as toppings. I learned a lot about being a supervisor, I would love to be a supervisor somewhere else.

Pros

free yogurt

Cons

ownership

Great "Starter Job" and wonderful company

A typical day at work would consist of opening/closing procedures, constant upkeep of store (Time to lean, time to clean), assisting customers with samples, check-out and all other inquiries, and restocking/mixing products. Working at NuYo I experienced many things. The most important things I learned were patience and team work. Customers can be a handful sometimes. A lot of families come in and sometimes can get a little wild. I gained patience by killing them with kindness. Never give up on turning that customers frown upside down before they leave the store. If you team up on tasks you can get things done faster and still maintain store standards, possibly even exceed them. The staff and management, from my experience, is like a big family. It's not just a clock-in and clock-out job. You and your co-workers/manager take care of each other. We do our best not only because it's our job, but because we want to make sure we do our best for one another. The hardest part of the job is upkeep of the front of the house. It gets a bit frustrating when you clean the toppings and yogurt area one minute and then the next minute it looks like a tornado hit. It's very repetitive, but you'll live. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the regulars and the staff. You're able to build lasting relationships with the customers. Several of the regular customers are just plain awesome and always know how to pep us up on a tough day. The staff is a very tight-knit group, but is always welcoming to new employees. They do group outings and are very involved -

Pros

Free/Discounted Yogurt

Cons

Winter hours

A fun place to work with an excellent crew.

A typical day at work involved prepping fresh fruit and other toppings to accompany the guests' frozen yogurt concoctions. When not prepping, cleaning, or working the cash-register, I would assist guests with any concerns; but most of all I remained hyper-vigilant for cleanliness/sanitation while ensuring that cups/spoons/napkins/etc. were well-stocked. Overall, working as a crew-member at Nuyo helped me perfect my people-skills, while also teaching me conscientiousness and the value of a hard-earned dollar. The management consisted of hard-working, friendly, compassionate, and attentive individuals. The most difficult aspect of the job was the lack of a challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and the friendships with my managers and fellow crew-members.

Pros

free frozen yogurt/toppings

Cons

not challenging

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NUYO Frozen Yogurt. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2