NV5 Holdings, Inc. Employee Reviews

Definitely Not managed by values
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Carolina, NortheastNovember 10, 2018
The company is primarily focused on mergers and acquisitions to add to valuation and bottom line profits. Attracting stock purchasers is more important than staff development and retention. No doubt they are more of a "holding company" poised to Flip than they are a culture dedicated to its employees well being and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Very little except the other staff, non Golden circle, who are great peers that have not figured out Mr Wrights end game.
Cons
No recognition and little opportunity for advancement, unless you enjoy saying yes, believe in the rhetoric and willing to kiss the posteriors of the inner circle and elite.
Great place to grow
Employee (Current Employee) –  Eastern USJune 21, 2018
NV5 has presented me with challenges and opportunities to learn and advance. I also see the same in the co-workers around me. Managers are flexible and respected. I receive coaching and encouragement and I am made accountable for my work. I found my salary to be competitive and after speaking with co-worker, increases year after year are good. The focus is about growth and retention and I feel appreciated.
Pros
laid back with a high volume of work
Spineless management in Bakersfield office
Sr. Construction Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 28, 2018
Worked as an inspector out of the Bakersfield office. Office reeks of cronyism and favoritism. Management is spineless and will not hesitate to leave you flapping in the breeze to save his own pussified skin. Lies to bring you onboard, then reneges once you are.
Pros
Prevailing wage
Cons
Disingenuous, weak management, cronyism not meritocracy
Great engineering Firm
Construction Submittal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJanuary 30, 2018
I received very competitive pay to perform part-time work in the accounting, HR and construction administration departments. Employees are very friendly and willing to help new hires learn. Benefits package is very robust for full-time employees. Unfortunately, the recent purchase of the company by NV5 is changing the environment a bit and terminating some of the old staff, so your experience may vary.
Pros
Good benefits package, friendly environment
Cons
New management, uncertainty, purge of old positions.
Good pay, Interesting Projects, Slow Work, Poor Management
Engineer (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 20, 2017
The pay here is good for engineers. However, the work is very slow and has been for the past two years from what I have been told. The management here is poor and is lacking serious communication to employees. You won't know what to work on most of the time and the work is usually given to the employees favored by management. This leaves you to go around the office "begging" for work. For new employees in the consulting engineering world these situations can be very disheartening. You will receive great pay but you won't be learning much until you find steady projects and good mentors. Now this is not to say the projects are boring. Actually, many are very interesting. My advice is to find a mentor you can trust and get as much knowledge and work from them as you can. Also, the benefits are not the greatest and the recent merger with NV5 makes traveling for work more common.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Option to Work From Home, Great Pay, Interesting Projects
Cons
Hard to get Projects, Poor Management, Poor Communication, Travel
Willing to teach and easy to learn
RODMAN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 7, 2017
I was able to learn a lot from this job. Every day had it's different challenges, especially because I was on a crew that dealt with both survey and utility work.
A relatively unpleasant place to work.
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 2, 2016
I would not recommend this company to any one in this industry and I would not return to this company for future employment.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
Good company
PPRTA Program Planner/Program Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 2, 2016
Worked for this company for several years and have only good experience. I thoroughly enjoyed my job but since it was a contract it's coming to an end.
Pros
Good manager
Cons
Not enough local job opportunities
Good staff and co workers
Structure Representative (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 6, 2016
NV5 has recently become a Public Co and as a result is having some problems consistent with growing pains.

My construction management position is challenging and I enjoy the work load and my team of 4 inspectors that work under me.

I am interested in continuing in this type of work in Oregon.
great place
Assistant General Counsel (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 2, 2015
great experience
Assistant General Counsel
Florida
good environment
professional
It was a great learning experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NV5 Holdings, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.