NVIDIA Employee Reviews

Nvidia is a great place to work, world class!
Mobile/Desktop WHQL Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 4, 2018
I came to Nvidia rather early in my career. As such, I was ready after 5 years to take on new challenges. It was difficult for me to move up in the company without having prior experience in PM work. I ultimately left to obtain real world PM experience in the CM world.

-A typical day when I worked there consisted of prioritizing software certification builds, getting testing underway, and reporting on or updating bugs as they rolled in.

-I learned tons about software testing and certification.

-Management was OK, but I was in a team removed from the main SQA management team.

-Work place culture was top shelf!

-The hardest part of my job were the inconsistent hours, kicking off drivers at midnight, etc..

-The most enjoyable part was being part of a world class organization.. I miss Nvidia circa 2003..

I cannot say enough good things about Nvidia, I found it difficult to move up within the company, because my role there had me somewhat pigeonholed. Aside from this though, they really do take good care of their emplyees. I would work there again in heartbeat!
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
Not much opportunity to move out of your current position into something new
Intern
Systems Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 11, 2018
Highly recommended for intern and newly graduate. Pay rate are low in hourly or salary. Allow employees to transfer to different department if accept but manager can disapprove even got accepted by other department.
Please see below
Sr. Director, Corporate Finance and Treasury (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 1, 2018
Quite demanding and always under tremendous pressure to challenge status quo. Nevertheless, it's very rewarding environment for the super-achiever employees.
Amazing place to work with really smart people.
GPU Security Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Challenging work , good work-life balance. Amazing food and perks. Managers are super busy and technical. Everyone is working towards common goal for the company. Everyone is technically smart.
Pros
Free Dinner.
Cons
Sometimes heavy work load.
Rough place to work
Performance Validation Architect (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 16, 2018
didn't enjoy my time here. Didn't have any opportunity to grow and expand my skills and knowhow. No support from management to get better at your job and contribute to new and innovative ways.
Awesome work life culture
Financial Planning and Analysis Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Out of all the companies ive worked at nvidia has a place place for me. The company is doing amazing things in the tech space and it was an exciting thing to be part of it
Dynamic work environment
Software Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 23, 2018
Nvidia offers a very fast paced dynamic work environment. I enjoyed working there on latest technologies. Being a Program Manager, I had to work with a geographically diverse development and QA teams.
Pros
Opportunity to work on new technologies
Cons
Fast paced stressful environment
Good
System Engineer, Consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Learned lot of new technologies from Nvidia like SCCM, office 365 migration etc. developed troubleshooting skills. very good environment to work. Thanks
Great Place to Work
Vendor Liaison Load Board, Socket, Plunger (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 29, 2017
Loved this place, company culture is a bit dilute compared to the good old days (2009 lots of nepotism) but still a great place to work today. Moving more toward a general corporate culture, but if you're interested in a company that allows you to grow while enjoying high levels of professionalism they are for you.
An excellent employer
Performance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 12, 2017
Nvidia was a very fun and exciting place to work for as an intern. They held several intern events and the work was actually relevant to my field of study. I got to work on real projects and learn practical skills that will help me in my career.
Pros
Cheap food, good benefits, good work culture, manageable work
really enjoyed my team, but we didn't fit the culture which caused problems
Senior System Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORNovember 15, 2017
My work team was a great environment for me, lots of collaboration and focus on doing whatever it took to get the job done and going outside of typical responsibilities. Unfortunately, due to some internal politics, our group was disbanded. It was a lot of fun to be part of Silicon Valley company with aggressive release targets, though at the same time very stressful.
Fast paced , constant firefighting
Linux System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 3, 2017
Constant firefighting in a complicated Linux environment. Including all aspects of troubleshooting LFS job sceduler and underlying Linux and NFS environment.
Pros
always busy, learning a lot
Cons
always multitasking, never completing projects
Overcommitted and slow-pace
System Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 31, 2017
There is a lot of work to be done and management is committed to too many features/product. There is not enough people to do all the work and as a result people are shifted around most of the time.

The infrastructure and the work-flow is really slow and cumbersome and it is impossible to move fast.
Pros
Start-up like culture, Good benefits
Cons
Lack of career advancements, Stressful environment, Constant struggle
Great Place to wrok
Hardware Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 21, 2017
Challenging roles , smart and hardworking people . The environment makes you want to learn more because there is so much to do. Only cons would be the long hours.
Challenge company
Test Technician III (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA 95050August 17, 2017
There is a lot of chance for you to get higher payment and chance to get higher level. This is good environment to work. Friendly coworker always help you and show how to do.
Pros
Cons
No comments
Was a contractor with company for a long time
Sr. Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 7, 2017
It took too long for me to be rotated into a fulltime employee and once that happened a new VP came in with other ideas and got rid of people that he felt were not necessary.
Pros
fun activities for employees
Cons
takes a long time to make changes of policy or compliance
Company is great, human resource department needs work
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 17, 2017
Human resources was a mess. The management is out of touch with employees, making for an unpleasant work environment. Work life balance for the department was non-existent. We were expected to be available at all times. Management would say otherwise, but if you did not respond after hours, you were questioned about why.
Nice
Salesforce Developer / Admin (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 13, 2017
Everything is fine. I am happy with everything. The environment and co employees were awesome. The manager is really awesome. Team lead is really really awesome
good company to work with, but not get hiring
System Level Technician/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 3, 2017
good enviroment to work, had chances to work at different departments, friendly place, not much to learn, not much chance to get hiring as permanent, not a security job, no benefits
Pros
friendly environment, chance to learn new products
Cons
not much chance to hire as permanent
Great environment and cool people
NVidia Internship (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 5, 2017
The culture at Nvidia is very relaxed, and i enjoyed that aspect of it. people would always get the job done and required little supervision to do so.
Pros
free drinks, laid back managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NVIDIA. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight