NVIDIA Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Work, Work and more Work
Director, Global Benefits (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 8, 2018
NVIDIA's culture does not allow for worklife balance. There is to much politics and a tremendous amout of micro management. If you have a life and desire to spend time with your family, NVIDIA is not the place for you. The culture is old school with an average age in the 40s, you won't find any free snacks or lunch. But, dinner is always free because they want you to stay late. However, their benefits are top notch.

The CEO is amazing and runs the company very well. However, he does need to coach his leadership in HR to allow people to do what they were hired to do instead of micro managing them right out of the company.
Pros
Amazing Benefits
Cons
To Political and Leadership Micro Manages all the fun out of a project.
Wrote chip yield analysis softwre
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 5, 2018
Wrote chip yield analysis software automate a previous manual excel based process to a multi role web site that different categories of individuals could access, allocate chips and have them delivered. This would improve the chip yield analysis for Nvidia processors like the Tensor Core, Titan V, 12nm solution.
work with a great team in the data center as a technician
Data Center support Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 5, 2018
Maintain the Data Center, running fibre , set up and install of basic routers and switches, install bsic windows servers and remote support systems, manage monitoring all data center equipment.
Pros
Free lunch
Everyone loves a winner
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sana Clara, CAMay 29, 2018
Mixed feelings, the best and worst times in my career. Early years were 2X growth over 6 years with 24/7 attention to the job. Compensation, Stock as you'd expect. Sudden shift in attitude in 2004 and became a cut throat environment. No idea post 2006.
Awesome
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 3, 2018
The role of a material coordinator consisted of making sure all packages were received. Then, after all packages were received we had to sort them out.
Nvidia is a great place to work, world class!
Mobile/Desktop WHQL Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 4, 2018
I came to Nvidia rather early in my career. As such, I was ready after 5 years to take on new challenges. It was difficult for me to move up in the company without having prior experience in PM work. I ultimately left to obtain real world PM experience in the CM world.

-A typical day when I worked there consisted of prioritizing software certification builds, getting testing underway, and reporting on or updating bugs as they rolled in.

-I learned tons about software testing and certification.

-Management was OK, but I was in a team removed from the main SQA management team.

-Work place culture was top shelf!

-The hardest part of my job were the inconsistent hours, kicking off drivers at midnight, etc..

-The most enjoyable part was being part of a world class organization.. I miss Nvidia circa 2003..

I cannot say enough good things about Nvidia, I found it difficult to move up within the company, because my role there had me somewhat pigeonholed. Aside from this though, they really do take good care of their emplyees. I would work there again in heartbeat!
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
Not much opportunity to move out of your current position into something new
Intern
Systems Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 11, 2018
Highly recommended for intern and newly graduate. Pay rate are low in hourly or salary. Allow employees to transfer to different department if accept but manager can disapprove even got accepted by other department.
Please see below
Sr. Director, Corporate Finance and Treasury (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 1, 2018
Quite demanding and always under tremendous pressure to challenge status quo. Nevertheless, it's very rewarding environment for the super-achiever employees.
Amazing place to work with really smart people.
GPU Security Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Challenging work , good work-life balance. Amazing food and perks. Managers are super busy and technical. Everyone is working towards common goal for the company. Everyone is technically smart.
Pros
Free Dinner.
Cons
Sometimes heavy work load.
Rough place to work
Performance Validation Architect (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 16, 2018
didn't enjoy my time here. Didn't have any opportunity to grow and expand my skills and knowhow. No support from management to get better at your job and contribute to new and innovative ways.
Awesome work life culture
Financial Planning and Analysis Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Out of all the companies ive worked at nvidia has a place place for me. The company is doing amazing things in the tech space and it was an exciting thing to be part of it
Dynamic work environment
Software Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 23, 2018
Nvidia offers a very fast paced dynamic work environment. I enjoyed working there on latest technologies. Being a Program Manager, I had to work with a geographically diverse development and QA teams.
Pros
Opportunity to work on new technologies
Cons
Fast paced stressful environment
Good
System Engineer, Consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Learned lot of new technologies from Nvidia like SCCM, office 365 migration etc. developed troubleshooting skills. very good environment to work. Thanks
Great Place to Work
Vendor Liaison Load Board, Socket, Plunger (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 29, 2017
Loved this place, company culture is a bit dilute compared to the good old days (2009 lots of nepotism) but still a great place to work today. Moving more toward a general corporate culture, but if you're interested in a company that allows you to grow while enjoying high levels of professionalism they are for you.
An excellent employer
Performance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 12, 2017
Nvidia was a very fun and exciting place to work for as an intern. They held several intern events and the work was actually relevant to my field of study. I got to work on real projects and learn practical skills that will help me in my career.
Pros
Cheap food, good benefits, good work culture, manageable work
really enjoyed my team, but we didn't fit the culture which caused problems
Senior System Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORNovember 15, 2017
My work team was a great environment for me, lots of collaboration and focus on doing whatever it took to get the job done and going outside of typical responsibilities. Unfortunately, due to some internal politics, our group was disbanded. It was a lot of fun to be part of Silicon Valley company with aggressive release targets, though at the same time very stressful.
Fast paced , constant firefighting
Linux System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 3, 2017
Constant firefighting in a complicated Linux environment. Including all aspects of troubleshooting LFS job sceduler and underlying Linux and NFS environment.
Pros
always busy, learning a lot
Cons
always multitasking, never completing projects
Overcommitted and slow-pace
System Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 31, 2017
There is a lot of work to be done and management is committed to too many features/product. There is not enough people to do all the work and as a result people are shifted around most of the time.

The infrastructure and the work-flow is really slow and cumbersome and it is impossible to move fast.
Pros
Start-up like culture, Good benefits
Cons
Lack of career advancements, Stressful environment, Constant struggle
Great Place to wrok
Hardware Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 21, 2017
Challenging roles , smart and hardworking people . The environment makes you want to learn more because there is so much to do. Only cons would be the long hours.
Challenge company
Test Technician III (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA 95050August 17, 2017
There is a lot of chance for you to get higher payment and chance to get higher level. This is good environment to work. Friendly coworker always help you and show how to do.
Pros
Cons
No comments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NVIDIA. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss