NVIDIA Employee Reviews

Open for Innovative suggestions
Application Digital Asset Management (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 25, 2018
Great Place to Work
Good Work Life Balance.
Involved with NVIDIA Partner – Digital River for building Promotion and Coupon discount Applications for NVIDIA products. Also included Delivery of Interface efforts with SalesForce.com.
● Also involved in RFQs and Vendor Evaluation Process for optimizing DAM – Digital Asset Management needs for NVIDIA and built forecasting/budget models for various business groups.
Pros
Innovation Pioneers
NVIDIA Review Summary
Rework Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 14, 2018
NVIDIA has poor management. They do not treat their new employees respectfully.There was a lot of bad mouthing and discriminating within the company. It was a great company and it helped me continue to grow my skills as an Reworks Specialist, but the employees did not help me improve.
Pros
Job experience.
Cons
Poor treatment.
Nvidia started out as a great place to work, now it is a sweat shop
SENIOR FIELD APPLICATIONS ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 14, 2018
This aw a very rewarding job for the first 12 years. The company changed and I have worked in several groups. My current group dosen't use my skill set. My current management is very poot
Pros
Stock is doing well
Cons
Sweat shop hours
Flat Organization, Great Technology, Hard to Get Promoted
Enterprise Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 29, 2018
I have been a specialist for 3 years now and it's very hard to get promoted as a campaign manager. I have worked in many different departments and have shown success. They want to keep the organization flat, which is great because I have visibility to many departments and work with VPs, but I don't feel I'm being nurtured as a young person to be set up for success down the road.

Everyone is incredibly willing to teach you the product if you aren't a technical person. When there is a product launch, we "swarm" and everyone helps. CEO has visibility into everything and wants to be involved, which is awesome yet stressful.

Now that NVIDIA is on the map for AI & deep learning and our stock is doing well, unfortunately the politics of a big company are starting to come with it. I hope NVIDIA can push the politics out and remain true to its roots.
Liked working here
Electronic Test Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 22, 2018
Since working as a contractor, didn't know when they would let us go. This is always a challenge when you're not a permanent employee. But I'm still open to temporary or permanent work.
Work, Work and more Work
Director, Global Benefits (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 8, 2018
NVIDIA's culture does not allow for worklife balance. There is to much politics and a tremendous amout of micro management. If you have a life and desire to spend time with your family, NVIDIA is not the place for you. The culture is old school with an average age in the 40s, you won't find any free snacks or lunch. But, dinner is always free because they want you to stay late. However, their benefits are top notch.

The CEO is amazing and runs the company very well. However, he does need to coach his leadership in HR to allow people to do what they were hired to do instead of micro managing them right out of the company.
Pros
Amazing Benefits
Cons
To Political and Leadership Micro Manages all the fun out of a project.
Wrote chip yield analysis softwre
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 5, 2018
Wrote chip yield analysis software automate a previous manual excel based process to a multi role web site that different categories of individuals could access, allocate chips and have them delivered. This would improve the chip yield analysis for Nvidia processors like the Tensor Core, Titan V, 12nm solution.
work with a great team in the data center as a technician
Data Center support Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 5, 2018
Maintain the Data Center, running fibre , set up and install of basic routers and switches, install bsic windows servers and remote support systems, manage monitoring all data center equipment.
Pros
Free lunch
Everyone loves a winner
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sana Clara, CAMay 29, 2018
Mixed feelings, the best and worst times in my career. Early years were 2X growth over 6 years with 24/7 attention to the job. Compensation, Stock as you'd expect. Sudden shift in attitude in 2004 and became a cut throat environment. No idea post 2006.
Awesome
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 3, 2018
The role of a material coordinator consisted of making sure all packages were received. Then, after all packages were received we had to sort them out.
Nvidia is a great place to work, world class!
Mobile/Desktop WHQL Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 4, 2018
I came to Nvidia rather early in my career. As such, I was ready after 5 years to take on new challenges. It was difficult for me to move up in the company without having prior experience in PM work. I ultimately left to obtain real world PM experience in the CM world.

-A typical day when I worked there consisted of prioritizing software certification builds, getting testing underway, and reporting on or updating bugs as they rolled in.

-I learned tons about software testing and certification.

-Management was OK, but I was in a team removed from the main SQA management team.

-Work place culture was top shelf!

-The hardest part of my job were the inconsistent hours, kicking off drivers at midnight, etc..

-The most enjoyable part was being part of a world class organization.. I miss Nvidia circa 2003..

I cannot say enough good things about Nvidia, I found it difficult to move up within the company, because my role there had me somewhat pigeonholed. Aside from this though, they really do take good care of their emplyees. I would work there again in heartbeat!
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
Not much opportunity to move out of your current position into something new
Intern
Systems Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 11, 2018
Highly recommended for intern and newly graduate. Pay rate are low in hourly or salary. Allow employees to transfer to different department if accept but manager can disapprove even got accepted by other department.
Please see below
Sr. Director, Corporate Finance and Treasury (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 1, 2018
Quite demanding and always under tremendous pressure to challenge status quo. Nevertheless, it's very rewarding environment for the super-achiever employees.
Amazing place to work with really smart people.
GPU Security Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Challenging work , good work-life balance. Amazing food and perks. Managers are super busy and technical. Everyone is working towards common goal for the company. Everyone is technically smart.
Pros
Free Dinner.
Cons
Sometimes heavy work load.
Rough place to work
Performance Validation Architect (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 16, 2018
didn't enjoy my time here. Didn't have any opportunity to grow and expand my skills and knowhow. No support from management to get better at your job and contribute to new and innovative ways.
Awesome work life culture
Financial Planning and Analysis Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Out of all the companies ive worked at nvidia has a place place for me. The company is doing amazing things in the tech space and it was an exciting thing to be part of it
Dynamic work environment
Software Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 23, 2018
Nvidia offers a very fast paced dynamic work environment. I enjoyed working there on latest technologies. Being a Program Manager, I had to work with a geographically diverse development and QA teams.
Pros
Opportunity to work on new technologies
Cons
Fast paced stressful environment
Good
System Engineer, Consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Learned lot of new technologies from Nvidia like SCCM, office 365 migration etc. developed troubleshooting skills. very good environment to work. Thanks
Great Place to Work
Vendor Liaison Load Board, Socket, Plunger (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 29, 2017
Loved this place, company culture is a bit dilute compared to the good old days (2009 lots of nepotism) but still a great place to work today. Moving more toward a general corporate culture, but if you're interested in a company that allows you to grow while enjoying high levels of professionalism they are for you.
An excellent employer
Performance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 12, 2017
Nvidia was a very fun and exciting place to work for as an intern. They held several intern events and the work was actually relevant to my field of study. I got to work on real projects and learn practical skills that will help me in my career.
Pros
Cheap food, good benefits, good work culture, manageable work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NVIDIA. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss