NVIDIA Employee Reviews

No where to go
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 9, 2019
They never hired their help desk techs. I worked with people who had been a contract employee for 5 years. The only way to move up was to be cool with the management. If you didn't go party with them you weren't going anywhere.
Progressive and Productive Place
Sr. Technical Sourcer - ML/DL (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 24, 2019
A few positives: well respected CEO, collaborative workplace culture, cutting edge technology, excellent compensation and employee benefits, community involvement.
loved working there with great people
Electronics Tester (ATE and SLT key operator) (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 20, 2019
Just had an overall great time working there. It was just sad that we had to move out of state so I had to quit my job over there. but luckily for me I can go back there anytime because of the friendship I built over there and that they love my work ethics and knowledge.
Overall a good company
Supply Planner (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 6, 2019
While I was only a contractor, I found Nvidia to be a good place to work. Was on a good team with great coworkers and great manager. Would have loved to have been permanent there.
Great company
Sr. Sourcing Recruiter (US/EU/LatAm) (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 4, 2019
Cutting edge IT company that is driving change in many industries. I would recommend anyone in the AI/Deep Learning space to look at Nvidia as a potential company to work for.
Exciting and invovetive
Senior Director of Windows Sostware (Current Employee) –  King County, WAJanuary 30, 2019
High performance environment. Focus on speed and innovation. Great people to work with. Lots to learn. High pressure. Great products and exciting growth into new areas.
Pros
Super interesting with oppurtunities to learn and grow
Cons
High pressuire
NVIDIA is an outstanding company
GLOBAL ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 29, 2019
NVIDIA is a great company with outstanding benefits, in fact, the best benefits that I have ever experienced. The people are great and the workplace culture is outstanding. Great and supportive environment.
Nvidia_Projects
PM / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 23, 2018
Good environment for Innovation and fully supported by the Top Execs.
.However some old school thought senior staff well entrenched in middle management positions not technically qualified and untrained in management - found reigning too much control as gate keepers - They Never let you call a spade a spade and smudge facts that need escalation. And they also are never found in office and always claim to work from home. Its high time they are weeded out or assigned to non mission critical tasks.
Minus them Nvidia can soar greater heights.
However Nvidia is a nice company to work. All kudos to its CEO a simple and humble man.
Productive Technology Lab
Electronic Circuitry/Parts Assembler (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 27, 2018
The lab was productive and collaborative as the workers tested chips and had to take care of certain roles and desires by the company. Tasks included testing chips, organizing, management.
Pros
Good Lunch
Cons
Not paid Lunch
Open for Innovative suggestions
Application Digital Asset Management (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 25, 2018
Great Place to Work
Good Work Life Balance.
Involved with NVIDIA Partner – Digital River for building Promotion and Coupon discount Applications for NVIDIA products. Also included Delivery of Interface efforts with SalesForce.com.
● Also involved in RFQs and Vendor Evaluation Process for optimizing DAM – Digital Asset Management needs for NVIDIA and built forecasting/budget models for various business groups.
Pros
Innovation Pioneers
NVIDIA Review Summary
Rework Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 14, 2018
NVIDIA has poor management. They do not treat their new employees respectfully.There was a lot of bad mouthing and discriminating within the company. It was a great company and it helped me continue to grow my skills as an Reworks Specialist, but the employees did not help me improve.
Pros
Job experience.
Cons
Poor treatment.
Nvidia started out as a great place to work, now it is a sweat shop
SENIOR FIELD APPLICATIONS ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 14, 2018
This aw a very rewarding job for the first 12 years. The company changed and I have worked in several groups. My current group dosen't use my skill set. My current management is very poot
Pros
Stock is doing well
Cons
Sweat shop hours
Flat Organization, Great Technology, Hard to Get Promoted
Enterprise Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 29, 2018
I have been a specialist for 3 years now and it's very hard to get promoted as a campaign manager. I have worked in many different departments and have shown success. They want to keep the organization flat, which is great because I have visibility to many departments and work with VPs, but I don't feel I'm being nurtured as a young person to be set up for success down the road.

Everyone is incredibly willing to teach you the product if you aren't a technical person. When there is a product launch, we "swarm" and everyone helps. CEO has visibility into everything and wants to be involved, which is awesome yet stressful.

Now that NVIDIA is on the map for AI & deep learning and our stock is doing well, unfortunately the politics of a big company are starting to come with it. I hope NVIDIA can push the politics out and remain true to its roots.
Liked working here
Electronic Test Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 22, 2018
Since working as a contractor, didn't know when they would let us go. This is always a challenge when you're not a permanent employee. But I'm still open to temporary or permanent work.
Work, Work and more Work
Director, Global Benefits (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 8, 2018
NVIDIA's culture does not allow for worklife balance. There is to much politics and a tremendous amout of micro management. If you have a life and desire to spend time with your family, NVIDIA is not the place for you. The culture is old school with an average age in the 40s, you won't find any free snacks or lunch. But, dinner is always free because they want you to stay late. However, their benefits are top notch.

The CEO is amazing and runs the company very well. However, he does need to coach his leadership in HR to allow people to do what they were hired to do instead of micro managing them right out of the company.
Pros
Amazing Benefits
Cons
To Political and Leadership Micro Manages all the fun out of a project.
Wrote chip yield analysis softwre
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 5, 2018
Wrote chip yield analysis software automate a previous manual excel based process to a multi role web site that different categories of individuals could access, allocate chips and have them delivered. This would improve the chip yield analysis for Nvidia processors like the Tensor Core, Titan V, 12nm solution.
work with a great team in the data center as a technician
Data Center support Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 5, 2018
Maintain the Data Center, running fibre , set up and install of basic routers and switches, install bsic windows servers and remote support systems, manage monitoring all data center equipment.
Pros
Free lunch
Everyone loves a winner
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sana Clara, CAMay 29, 2018
Mixed feelings, the best and worst times in my career. Early years were 2X growth over 6 years with 24/7 attention to the job. Compensation, Stock as you'd expect. Sudden shift in attitude in 2004 and became a cut throat environment. No idea post 2006.
Awesome
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 3, 2018
The role of a material coordinator consisted of making sure all packages were received. Then, after all packages were received we had to sort them out.
Nvidia is a great place to work, world class!
Mobile/Desktop WHQL Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 4, 2018
I came to Nvidia rather early in my career. As such, I was ready after 5 years to take on new challenges. It was difficult for me to move up in the company without having prior experience in PM work. I ultimately left to obtain real world PM experience in the CM world.

-A typical day when I worked there consisted of prioritizing software certification builds, getting testing underway, and reporting on or updating bugs as they rolled in.

-I learned tons about software testing and certification.

-Management was OK, but I was in a team removed from the main SQA management team.

-Work place culture was top shelf!

-The hardest part of my job were the inconsistent hours, kicking off drivers at midnight, etc..

-The most enjoyable part was being part of a world class organization.. I miss Nvidia circa 2003..

I cannot say enough good things about Nvidia, I found it difficult to move up within the company, because my role there had me somewhat pigeonholed. Aside from this though, they really do take good care of their emplyees. I would work there again in heartbeat!
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
Not much opportunity to move out of your current position into something new

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NVIDIA. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss