NVR, Inc Employee Reviews

Very Productive and energetic atmosphere
Sales Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDOctober 8, 2018
I enjoyed this company. I started there a temporary receptionist and after my contract I was hired with the company to be a Sales assistant in there Model Homes. I had a very good salary and benefits to match. There was room for advancement within that company.
I also had paid training which was out of town, lodging and food expenses, the gas mileage was also met by the company.
Workplace full of great professionals
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 24, 2018
Great management, provided thorough training, long hours during month-end but wonderful place to work at. Work-load is quite high but it is always changing and interesting so you never get bored.
Pros
management, co-workers
Cons
stable job in a ever changing industry
Licensed Title Agent/Settlement Officer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 23, 2018
worked there for 10 years. Many good people left the company and things change on how they ran the company. It was a good job. I am now going to work for myself as a contract settlement officer. This way I get to work for many different companies and have flexible hours so I can continue to take care of my mother who also has a tumor in her brain
Fun Productive place to start off
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Thurmont, MDSeptember 10, 2018
Great Company but advancing in the company takes along time. Management can use some improvement. Personal Business spreads fast around the plant . Doctors excuses only works if you are the patient only.. N.V.R will not excuse you if it is your spouse or child.
Pros
Start off with days you can use to miss work for important situations only, cook outs and every year free heresy park trip.
Cons
short breaks, Hard to really advance in the company . They want to keep you at the same rate.
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 30, 2018
NVR offers unlimited career opportunities in the homebuilding industry with some of the best compensation. Their training and development is considered to be one of the best in the industry.
Pros
compensation and job growth potential
Cons
NVR is a well oiled machine and you can make alot of money at the company
Sales and Marketing Representative Ryan Homes (Former Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEAugust 15, 2018
The company offers great benefits and compensation . Work life balance is hard to achieve but they compensate you for this. If money is what you want great company to work for!
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Balance
Fast paced enjoyable work environment
DBA (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDAugust 13, 2018
For the most part, this is an excellent company to work for. Excellent benefits and good opportunity for growth within the company. Very professional enjoyable work environment.
Overall Not Bad
CAD Operator (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 5, 2018
Overall, there were no problems with the work environment. The people were friendly and interacted with one another in a courteous and respectful manner. The main drawback was that some decisions that were made in the division office went counter to the general directives of the company and it created opportunities for work that was ultimately fruitless and resource consuming.
Not my best choice
Ryan Homes Sales & Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 3, 2018
Tough environment for a young sales person/someone young in their career. Real estate in general is a difficult career path for someone fairly recently out of college.
Loan Processor
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 30, 2018
Micro Management is the motto. Made up metrics that make zero sense. They promote people based on who sucks up the most. Meetings are non stop along with 100+ emails a day makes it nearly impossible to achieve the set metrics. This is of course you work OT which is not allowed so you dont get paid for it.

Poor management all the way around. Only mortgage experience the vast majority of people here have is from here. They do not like suggestions and are stuck in a conversative approach to decisions.

If you a young ie millenial you will fit in fine. If you have some years on you, stay away because you will not fit in.
Pros
Benefits are adequate
Cons
Everything else
Nvr
Division Cost Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJune 13, 2018
Very little opportunity for career advancement for cost managers. Deceptive recruiting and interviewing for the cost manager position. Company changes not well communicated.
great place to work
Panel Line (Former Employee) –  Enon Valley, PAJune 4, 2018
it was enjoyable for the most part. friendly staff, the company did a lot to show thanks to its employees through outtings and company picnics as well as the benefits it provided
Temporary assignment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAMay 30, 2018
This was a temporary assignment that I acquired through a temp agency named Career's Express. I worked as an administrative assistant for about a year before the assignment came to an end.
Enjoyable people , fast paced , decent pay
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Enon Valley, PAMay 10, 2018
Not a bad place to work. Bosses where layed back and understanding. All the people here are very easy to get along with . I actually enjoyed my time at NVR.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
No air condition
Very,Very fast paced with very high expectations
Utility Person (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNMay 7, 2018
Very hot in Portland,TN warehouse

They expect you to do massive production and expect you to do this within a few days, unrealistic expectations.They are always hovering over you pushing you to get your numbers.

It is very hot inside

I tried to work here with the ethic quality first, production second but that turned out to be opposite.
they expect you to be able to do everything within two or three days

The 8 hour day consists of start work at 6am then you get a 10 minute break at 9am, you get a 30 minute lunch at 12pm then you go home at 2:30 most of the time.

equipment is old and breaks down all the time
you are required to bring your own tools like a tape measure, hammer, pliers,etc.

If you don't do production plus or miss a day don't expect to get a raise

In the winter when home building slows down expect to get laid off,their policy is if you are laid off for 3 months you automatically get terminated.

No work/quality manuals on products you build
Pros
it;s a job, health insurance is standard
Cons
impossible production wanted, always hovering over you pushing you to achieve them, no production bonus
Great Company to work for
Regional Production Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateApril 13, 2018
Outstanding Company to work for. Excellent opportunity for advancement. Competitive compensation. Excellent training and support from corporate office
Very fast paced building labor
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Thurmont, MDApril 9, 2018
NVR is a good job for a man with a construction background even carpentry you build prefab walls and roof trusses to be shipped out for Dan Ryan Homes and other builders Building Homes long hours and good pay just the hours don't cut it with getting kids up for school in the morning
nice place to work
Vendor Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 9, 2018
nice group of guys to work for with my experience through out Erie County, I just want to advance myself in a field that I would enjoy more in the future, and a position I always wanted.
Terrible Managers
Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAApril 3, 2018
Horrible place to work:

Had to report abuse of power and misconduct as well as CFPB violations to management and then I was laid off.
This mtg. company is a joke they do not care about the customer only about the sale.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, poor training no accountability
Tough job but worth it
Sales Manager/Asst Vice President (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 31, 2018
They have very high expectations. their payscale is a little lopsided but once you get into management, the salary scale is amazing. I worked there for 17 years and they treated me well.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NVR, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight