NXP Semiconductors Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Its a job with good benefits, but lacks career growth and investment
Director Procurement (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 24, 2018
Each organization has its own culture, so you can experience a wide spectrum of satisfaction. My group is non-revenue producing and is very focused on tactical details versus strategic vision, investment, and innovation. The company has been in merger and acquisition mode for the last 4 years, which takes its toll on the culture and employee engagement. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with daily. Workplace culture is status quo at best. Management is most concerned with the stock price and their wealth. Lower levels below VP are not rewarded generously, but overall benefits and work/life balance is good.
Pros
Good benefits, salary, and work/life balance
Cons
No career growth, opportunity to innovate, no investment in non-revenue producing organizations, leadership is not inspiring
Great Company
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2018
The company is excellent, but the lower level supervisors are very cutthroat and worry for their jobs, they definitely need new blood in mid to lower management. Nights 1 is the epitome of professionalism if you don't want the "go along to get along feel" go days or nights 1.
Lack of Discipline
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 2, 2018
Typical day was to start shift on time without any pass down or knowing what taken place on the shift before and being setup for failure. The management knew of the lack of communication between shifts, but did nothing to fix it so employee had the same attitude.
New product Technology
Global Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 20, 2018
Dynamic company with advanced cutting edge technology. Fun to see products developed with NXP technology. Company based in Netherlands makes some work hours and productivity difficult. Geographically challenging to get things accomplished.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
unstable management style
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 11, 2018
Best management team...friendly staff, highly competitive in the market and very innovative company. The certainty of the merger with Qualcomm is an issue.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
the Qualcomm acquisition
A lot of career opportunities
Senior Manager, Office of the CIO (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 2, 2018
Global company with good benefits and competitive salary.
I have had good career opportunities.
We recently merged 2 companies, so getting integration experience and merging 2 cultures has been a great opportunity.
Benefits
less than 2 or more than 20
Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 21, 2018
99% of people fall into one of two categories, there less than 2 years or there more than 20. This means people are not excepting new ideas, new people don't stay long and the only ones that are there longer than 20 have survived layoffs from Motorola and Freescale by creating churn that makes them look like they are the only ones that can do the job. In reality things could be streamlined so much they could lay off a few dozen and not feel a hit.
Pros
I make my own schedule
Cons
It takes me longer to open a door than a car can stop all by itself using NXP tech.
Gave me the opportunity to start
Marcom Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 9, 2018
I was right out of undergrad so I was thankful to have the opportunity to put some of my skills to use. Unfortunately the corporate culture is not great for young people since everyone in the office seemed to be middle-aged and up and nobody talks to one another.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 6, 2018
Good place to work.
Good team.
Every Team not larger than 10.
Startup like environment.
Good Cultural Diversity.
Good stock benefits.
Good Paid time offs.
Cons
Avg age of Employee 40-50 years
Good company dealing with consolidation in semiconductors
Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 5, 2018
Good company dealing with consolidation in semiconductors. Management driven by finance department, but that may have changed since the Qualcomm acquisition.
Fast paced and lots of learning opportunity
IT Collaboration Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 30, 2017
NXP is a great company to work and there is a lot to learn from mergers the company has gone through.

Management is great in IT and does their best to keep the IT Roadmap communicated to the entire organization.
Pros
Lots of PTO, work/life balance, benefits
Cons
European HQ, Mergers
A Culture and is changing
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 15, 2017
Overall the NXP culture in our limited time with the company has been good. The uncertainty of the qualcomm sale is impacting climate. The coming year will see a lot of change for NXP Austin.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Pending sale
Emphasis on market and not on talent needed.
Field Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 12, 2017
NXP and previously Philips has been a great place to work. Unfortunately the past two years NXP became caught up in the merger mania in the semiconductor industry and management got caught up in the situation. In a time of growth, the sales and technical support staff was cut significantly, which seemed counter productive to the goals of the company. Emphasis was put on short term results regardless of market changes with little value placed on talent. Would have been different if personnel were given options, even if it meant relocation. But since middle management over the past 3 years were disconnected to the talent and the markets served, talent became less valued.
Review
Firmware Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 10, 2017
Good place to work at. with exciting and engaging work. Challenging, state of the art, exciting package, interesting people to work with and amazing place.
Challenging job
Manufacturing Quality Intern (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 2, 2017
Love the work culture. Everyone is very hard working. The employees and managers are easy to reach out and very helpful. There are amazing benefits of joining the company.
Great place to work!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 29, 2017
I loved my job at NXP. The work was fun the people were easy to get along with and the pay was great. I would not have left if I did not need to move for family reasons. If you are qualified for maintenance its a great place to work.
N/a
Business Line Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 25, 2017
NXP is a great company to work for. They pay very well and work environment is great. Lots of growth opportunities and products are great. I left because of new company acquisition.
Ok place to work
Probe Technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 17, 2017
I work independently and management is okay. There are different positions. They celebrate holidays. It is hard to get on as a permanent employee.
Good people
Shift Lead / Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Good people in the workplace, close friends. The job was relaxed, but the company itself was not very steady. I didn't have confidence in the company and felt like it was moved around to much,
NXP Semiconductors
Marketing Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2017
Great workplace, I enjoyed the team that I work with within all of the various business units and events. Great learning experience. I was able to provide support and develop exciting and amazing projects.
Pros
great working environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NXP Semiconductors. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

70out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at NXP Semiconductors.

Powered by Comparably