Nyc College of Technology Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Educationally challenging opportunities institution
Adjunct Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 11, 2018
I believe this college is fantastic among all in its university system. There's many departments and varieties of employment opportunities available many posted in the CUNY system, while others are more confidential:hidden or in the works process. I look forward to every day I come to work here with excitement.
Pros
Healthcare included for adjunct lecturers(part-time faculty)
Cons
Healthcare very expensive for family coverage, rules for getting in seem to be more rigidly demanding than ever before
A good place to develop skills
College Assistant/Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 1, 2017
I benefited from professional development (job training) and developing my skills in the job. The work was very stimulating and interesting. The pay was low and no benefits or security. Colleagues were educated and interesting people to work with. Hours were limited although I would have liked to work more. Immediate supervisor was poor but higher level management was adequate.
Pros
Educated colleagues
Cons
Harsh and insensitive supervisor
fun
Computer Technology Assistant -Part-time (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2017
this was basically part of financial aid so iwas provided with this job. This was something to make some easy money while attending college . it was really easy and stress free .
Pros
fun
Cons
Productive place to work at
Chemistry lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 21, 2017
You have hands o experience with learning about anf following chemical regulations while you also help students learn chemistry. Always something to do.
Great resources but so slow
Fabrication CLT (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 17, 2017
All of the people I know at NYC college of technology are great people and really want to make the school a better place to work and learn. But the bureaucracy has bogged down everything.
- the hierarchy structure makes it difficult for simple tasks to get done. A professor ordering materials for a course will sometimes have to send that order through 4 different people before it can be completed.
- Everyone has to fill out so much paperwork constantly. The amount of administration work that has to be completed is absurd.
- They have great resources but it is so slow to obtain them. You can place an order for something, and not receive materials for up to a year later. Even course materials.
Pros
tons of technology, resources, healthcare coverage for being part-time
Cons
So slow, progress is extremely difficult
Educational area with great company
Mail Room Clerk/Courier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 1, 2015
There was absolutely no complaints about this job. It was amazing, everything about it was good; from the job itself, to the people in it. The job itself would consist of signing in, cleaning up, and waiting for the loading dock to call for the mail to be delivered. Once the mail is delivered we receive it in the mail room, and my co-workers and I would separate the mail based on delivery destination, type of mail, and building location. We then would split up the delivery jobs among ourselves and distribute the mail. The people in the mail room were phenomenal, I would never forget any of them. They make you feel like you're a part of a family, a family away from home that is. And it was a good feeling. Some kids came in with eye opening stories and it truly brings you back down to earth, this one boy even told us he was homeless, and he got help, started going to school, enrolled in college, and now he works there.
Pros
Good experience, educational, good atmosphere.
Cons
Mail man was usually tardy.
Passionate about teaching
Adjunct Faculty Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 26, 2015
It's great contributing to young and old minds who are in seek of an education for a better future.
Great experience
Program Administrative Assistant/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 26, 2013
The program was excellent, and the office was very friendly. On an average day I juggled multiple projects along with my daily responsibilities. The hardest part of the job was remembering that although I was working within a University, my program dealt with High School students, so realizing that their level of personal responsibility was different than that of a regular college student proved frustrating sometimes.

The most enjoyable part of the job was reviewing the enrollment applications and seeing that there were several participating schools that had 50 or more participating students.
Pros
Excellent program, very educational
Cons
Commute, Location was downtown Brooklyn
good place to work if you want enjoy what you do
Work Study Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 20, 2012
I love working in offices and if you love what you do then its not a problem. hardest part of the job is constantly behind to put files in the cabinets but its nothing bad. Best part is just being where you like to be.
Pros
good money for needs
Cons
short breaks, no advancements, no benefits
getting things done with limited resources
Veteran Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 17, 2012
I was able to have a full time office with a part time salary and hours alloted.
Pros
creating systems to help veterans
Cons
part time hours