NYC Health + Hospitals Employee Reviews

Clinical rotation
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 11, 2018
I can not give a fair review because i did my clinical rotations as a student Nurse. All the staff seemed professional, knowledgeable, and happy to help me and my fellow peers.
Resident Coordinator for Surgery Department (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYSeptember 28, 2018
Fast pace and very busy. I've learned a lot from applying my knowledge on Excel for reporting the updated credentials on a daily basis and on Word for reporting the monthly Performance Improvement meeting minutes.
Pros
Became more productive
Productive and fun place to work.
Patient Care Associate/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2018
This is a workplace i call home. Even today,I have a possibility to go back, and work there. Harlem Hospital Center, i don't know with the other hospital,but the vision culture here is very important.
awsome learning place
OR Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYSeptember 10, 2018
the environment was welcoming , fast paced and prepared me for the working place as I was able adapt while preparing for my board exam. I Highly recommend Harlem Hospital .
Pros
city benifits
Harlem Hospital Center
Admission Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2018
A typical day at Harlem Hospital , began with reviewing the registering patients. I would also have to assign patients beds. I would visit the hospital floors to access bed availability prior the sending the patients up to the designated floor. I also had to coordinate high level meetings, with other city hospitals include within Health and Hospital Corporations. The workplace culture is very diversified. Is included all walks of life. The most difficult aspect of my job would be to coordinate meetings with other facilities. This can be very challenging.
I truly enjoy working in the medical field. I like being able to provide services to the public. I am a people person, therefore working in the hospital is rewarding for me.
There is a great History about this Hospital
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2018
I really enjoy waking up in the morning to go to work it has a dynamic history, I love the work I do and I can look forward to in-service training because I can reinforce what I've learned though out my years working in the health field.
Pros
In service Training
Quality Care for Patients
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2018
MetroPlus Health Plan provides different support services and care management to their patients in order to take good care of themselves and live a healthy life.
Productive, Challenging and Continous Improvement
Human Resources Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 28, 2018
The spirit of Human Resources is always about improvement and how to make things better — whether we’re talking about development, recruiting talent, developing benefit plans, looking at new HR technology tools or making HR processes more efficient, its an area where we are always looking at raising the bar and taking people or processes to the next level.
Great Learning Expierience
Clinical Systems Engineer and Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2018
great place to learn new things and grow as an IT professional ..
I've been privileged to learn all facets of IT responsibilities in HHC.
And was able to transition into an enterprise environment. I feel very prepared for any area I pursue in IT due to my time here at HHC.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Politics and management have balance issues
Great place to work in the public Health system
Program Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2018
Typical day at work included attending meetings, reports, data entry, financial management, staff training and support, customer service/patients needs.
I learned to be open minded and accept people of all culture regardless of what my own morals, ethics and short coming were.
Workplace culture was quite competitive at times.
Hardest part of the day was getting the patients to see the Physician in a reasonable time
Most enjoyable time of the day was knowing that the patients were leaving the hospital with their needs met and that they were satisfied.
Pros
Benefits/healthcare/401K
Cons
HR long process to onboard new staff

Want to know more about NYC Health + Hospitals?

Ask a question
Work Enviornment Pleasant and People friendly
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2018
Worked as a temp worker for the pass 6 years. Was never offered a perm position. I am grateful for the time their and the experience.

No growth with the department because I was temp no advancement or training available to me.
Pros
Holiday lunches, accolades from the direct support and co-workers
Cons
No lateness, no overtime.
Enjoy helping users resolve eCommerce errors
Senior Consultant and Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2018
Enjoy educating users. Enjoy trouble shooting and resolving challenging system errors. Enjoy learning something new.
A lot of researching and trouble shooting. Updating BMC Remedy tickets.
Pros
Minimum Micro Management
Cons
No opportunity for growth within.
Productive work place and engaging work force
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2018
Not ready to write at this time I would love to refer people to work for this organization cause it helps the city to keep healthy and safe.The culture of continuosly improve and diversity inclusion are the key attributes that pushes the organization beyond the limit in terms of productivities
Ok place to work unless your department is understaffed
PR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2018
Employees can be expected to work outside of normal work hours in order to compensate for being understaffed but having an increased workload. While the workload is not necessarily the problem, it CAN be due to poor management, which then causes a trickledown effect. Subordinates become stressed because of the workload and cannot perform their job functions properly or efficiently.
Pros
Co-workers, health insurance, benefits, pension/retirement
Cons
Department is understaffed, receive no compensation for increased workload, management states "there is no justification for a pay increase."
Productive and fun workplace.
Clinical Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2018
Performs all levels of Quadramed training to all users throughout SMHN. Process all EMR access requests. Provides level 1 and 2 database support incident maintenance.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Stressful, but with the right interdisciplinary team, can be a great place.
Psychiatric Social Worker Behavioral Health Center (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 18, 2018
Time management within my role is kind of non-existent. With the pressure to deal with high-risk cases, plan for strong aftercare plans, collaborate with people inside and out, it is a lot for a BH social worker. There are times when the SW dept. does not agree with the decisions of the rest of the team, mainly the doctors, so there is usually a bit of back and forth about the best plans, but with the right team that respects the SW clinical assessment and expertise, things can work well.
Loved it
Family Court Mental Health Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2018
I really loved working with NYCHH. This was my first job that I had in the city so it was exciting. I was an intern and got to meet other interns in the same age range as me. It was a very valuable experience.
Great people to work with, hard culture to change.
Organizational Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 13, 2018
My department was compiled of a bunch of great people. The main issue working here is the lack of collaboration outside your own department. Very difficult to break the old culture of "we'll do it ourselves" or "we don't need your help, you don't know my department".
Spending time with the physicians
Director, Medical & Professional Staff Services (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 9, 2018
A typical work day: standard day to day activities, several meetings. I enjoyed working with the physicians and residents. I enjoyed supporting them in their day to day functions as their days get overwhelming at times.

What I enjoyed most - coordinating events for the physicians (i.e, doctors day, special luncheons, etc). They really deserve the break!

Be available to all team members.
Working on projects.
Pros
The dedication of the physicians to their patients
Cons
Lack of communication between management
knowledgable and very exciting
Surgical Technologist Externship (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 8, 2018
Responsible for preparing the operation room prior to the operation and verify the necessary supplies and tools
Provide equipment to surgeons anticipating the need and physicians' preference during operation procedures
Locate the contaminated instruments and place them in proper cart system to avoid spread of infection
Coordinate with the X-ray, pathology and SPD departments to acquire necessary reports
Provide training to new personnel regarding duties of a surgical technician on a routine basis
Clean and maintain equipment in the operating room
Supply gowns to the members of the surgical team
Responsible for adjusting lights and other machines in the operation room
Prepare and transport patients for surgery
Restore surgical specimens as per policy requirements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NYC Health + Hospitals. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight