NYC Health + Hospitals Employee Reviews

Loved it
Family Court Mental Health Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2018
I really loved working with NYCHH. This was my first job that I had in the city so it was exciting. I was an intern and got to meet other interns in the same age range as me. It was a very valuable experience.
knowledgable and very exciting
Surgical Technologist Externship (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 8, 2018
Responsible for preparing the operation room prior to the operation and verify the necessary supplies and tools
Provide equipment to surgeons anticipating the need and physicians' preference during operation procedures
Locate the contaminated instruments and place them in proper cart system to avoid spread of infection
Coordinate with the X-ray, pathology and SPD departments to acquire necessary reports
Provide training to new personnel regarding duties of a surgical technician on a routine basis
Clean and maintain equipment in the operating room
Supply gowns to the members of the surgical team
Responsible for adjusting lights and other machines in the operation room
Prepare and transport patients for surgery
Restore surgical specimens as per policy requirements
Productive, interesting and great learning opportunity
Volunteer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJuly 31, 2018
Tutored children as well as adolescents who were struggling with mental disabilities and or mental illnesses, according to the grade level they were at in math, English, science, history and/or art. Observed groups that helped these kids control and conquer their fears and anxieties to aid in bringing them into a more stable and healthier state of mind. Managed and conducted groups to help lift these kids’ spirits by organizing Game nights. Developed a stronger sense of upholding confidentiality and really distinguishing between what boundaries are and when to be assertive. This was a very rewarding experience to be able to help these adolescents as well as kids going through so much at such a young age.
Pros
free lunches
the most enjoyable part of the job
Office Manager - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 29, 2018
Being surrounded by good co-workers is key. Genuine co-workers make the days go by faster and the workplace culture less stressful. Very minimal supervision. The work is very cut and dry (your job description is pretty much the job you will do).
Great Organization
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  55 Water StreetJuly 27, 2018
I feel happy to be part of HHC. There is so much of scope to learn new things. It's a great place to work. professional development opportunities aligned with emerging healthcare delivery envirionment.
Nice & Big Organization
Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 27, 2018
In few months of employment, I see this as a huge organization with dynamic people at various level. Sense the employees are highly paced and happy working for this organization.

With lot of latest technology usage, expecting it to be a good experience working here.
My typical work day
Detective (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2018
My typical work day starts with reviewing the incident reports from the previous tours. Then I can may conduct investigations if the it is required which entails interviewing staff, visitors or patients. Also review CCTV's to get an answers to any questions or concerns. Then I will have to complete a report and it may or may not result in an arrest. Completed Workplace violence log and the arrest log.
Pros
Finding a solution to the issue.
Cons
Not everyone will corporate with the investigations and not everywhere has video recordings.
Great supportive staff that want you to succed
Trainer (Current Employee) –  MetropolitanJuly 24, 2018
Its been great in the few weeks that I've been here. I can't complain. So far, there's nothing significant in terms of negatives. Great work/life balance.
My experience in 1 month
Clinical Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2018
Currently in a process of obtaining my certification for my position. Everyone are extremely helpful really feels like team work is an essential factor.
Pros
Helpful; team work; perks; benefits
Cons
commute
Great Departement to work for
Epic Credentialed Trainer (Current Employee) –  Central OfficeJuly 23, 2018
I've worked in various other depts and facilities in the organization and the Training and Development has by far been the most professional and pleasant experience yet
Great Environment
Clerical Associate Level IV (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 20, 2018
A typical day at work has taught me so much. From being helpful with customer service to deal and handling problems with paychecks on a daily basis. Management has helped me out so much to grow. Everything I know it is because Superiors were extremely open to teach me.
The hardest part of the job is to know that you are not appreciated monetary.

Enjoyed my payroll family
Pros
incredible
Cons
low salary
Staffing Turnover is Alarming
Health Home Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2018
I loved everything about my job but the organizational culture is toxic and the staff turnover is alarming! There was little to no training and management was never on the same page.
Pros
Best patients and staff to work with.
Cons
Micromanagement, Horrible Staff Morale
productive workplace
Asst. Director/Sr. Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 16, 2018
I find myself busy all day by maintain the facilities budget dept. In addition, the executive management team has been very supportive to all my needs which makes it easy and fun to be at work
great organization
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2018
Enjoyed my working at NYC Health and hospital. Very good work atmosphere. My coworkers were very helpful. At the time it was in a good location offsite.
Harlem Hospital
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYJuly 4, 2018
I had like going to work every day because I had love all my patients, coworkers and the doctors. For the most part, all the co-workers help out and got along with everyone.
Happy Place--Happy Face
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2018
I am happy almost every single day I come to work. I haven't felt like this in years. I love what I do, I really appreciate the encouragement and collaboration I get from my peers and management. I am learning something new every day and am getting stronger technically, thanks to the excellent collaboration of my peers. The only less than positive thing I would mention here is the salary. I understand it's a city job and that's pretty much why the salary is lower than private sectors, but if they could consider increasing the salary for those that either don't abuse time off at all, don't call out ever and consistently exceeds expectations in performance, that would be great. Other than that, I plan on retiring here.
Pros
AMAZING Benefits, GREAT colleagues, Excellent Collaboration
Cons
Salary a bit low
Fun and Enlightening
Psychiatric Inpatient Behavioral Health Intern (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 3, 2018
Interning at the unit is challenging but enlightening at the same time. The team of doctors, psychiatrists, nurses, technicians, social workers, and behavioral health associates work well collaboratively. I am able to meet a variety of people from all walk of life and it truly is a humbling experience.
Good place to start a career - If it is your 1st or 2nd job
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2018
NYC HH is a good place to start your career. It has the Gov't agency perks and there is room for growth, but it's in who you know. It has various locations. The workplace culture is very diverse, but it lacks employment engagement.
Pros
Government agency, Pension, benefit perks and hours
Cons
Location, immediate management, lack of socialization, career growth
n/a
Equal Employment Opportunity Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2018
Do not feel obligated to submit any response here, and believe this is a waste of my time so am just filing up space so that I can hit the submit button and carry on.
benefits benefits benefits
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
Great benefits! Social workers included as union workers. Rx fully covered, insurance paid for by employer. Pension plans are excellent. Many perks as public hospital employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NYC Health + Hospitals. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

1.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight