NYC Health + Hospitals

United States835 reviews
Featured review
NYC Health + Hospitals selected this as a representative review
Great health care
Great healthcare and locations the people are nice for the most part
my locations. pay is good. Benefits are nice. Dress is casual.

room for growth for the most part.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
Over work
This is the most exciting experience that I have had working here as a Phlebotomist you can learn very fast the skills that you meet to work in any medical facility.
It was excellent job
In the beginnings I was a floater for in all the hospital departments and then I started to run the psychiatric pharmacy (I was the supervisor for over 10 years till I retired
Install new IP cameras and/or swap defective ones. Monitor and reboot cameras that go offline due to network issue. Install camera surveillance software (Milestone) to assigned users and manage accounts. Provide support on pc’s that monitor new born babies and children for Hospital Police. Video recovery for Hospital Police Detectives.
Productive and Fun
I work in the Psych department and I thoroughly enjoy going to work. Staffing is short at times but we make the best of the situation. Management is supportive.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
This was a great experience for me. A great place to work at and learn alot at . Unfortunately it was through a temp. Agency. If it wasnt I would still be working there. All of my bosses was helpful and friendly. My advice to who is working there , keep up the good work to keep it good paying job.
Offers me the opportunity to grow various aspects of my skills in Care Management and Data Analysis.
Work load and compensations are well balanced. I have very transparent relationship with my Director in terms of my professional goals and achievements for the team. I am always appreciated for the efforts and innovation.
Pros
Great team to work with.
Cons
Work place is in New York while my home is in Maryland. I have to commute to home each weekend.
Stability work environment
This is a great place to work due to benefits and stability.
A major concern is that leadership needs to have a better view of what employee's really do and access each situation accordingly. Decisions are made without consideration of the empoyee's.
dental clinic
It is a friendly hospital. It can be sometimes stressful. I work in a dental clinic. I see patients over 100 everyday. We get busy almost everyday. We are there help patients and to make them feel better.
Nice place to work and explore myself.
I enjoy and love working here. It's great place to work. Great team especially in histology department. you can do lot here if you are little creative,
Pros
All +ve
fast paste
its a caring yet challenging place to work at time. there's good people but as any place there's some that do more than some. overall its a great place. The most important part is done which is taking care of the patients.
It was ok
I actually like working there but they only gave me weekends so it was part time, which I knew that was the case.. I think I would have been more happy if I had gotten a full time position. With Part time I didn’t make much money.
It's not what you know it's who you know
Unless you are from the Caribbean (and that depends on which island your from ) you can forget being treated fairly. Management is the worse from Human Resorces to supervisors. Mostly everyone is promoted not based on what they know but what island they are from
At the end of the day at KCHC ITS NOT WHAT UPU KNOW ITS WHO YOU KNOW AND WHAT ISLAND YOUR FROM PPERIOD
Team players
Employees work extremely hard, going above and beyond. Management seek to educate and set a good example of the required work ethics that is expected from every employee.
great working staff
a great place to work however due to contractual assignment not very secure. good management. friendly and supportive staff. good room to improve knowledge of job.
Structure environment
Hospital serves a large underserved population in Brooklyn. My responsible was managing the medical staff office - handling all credentialing and recredentialing of the physicians.
Coordinated the appointments and reappointments of physician, dental and ancillary practitioners. Decreased turnaround time from 90-180 days to 30-60 days and ensured clinicians were appropriately privileged within their scope of education and training.

Managed all aspects of hospital’s Continuing Medical Education activities, such as follow-up calls policies and procedures, and acts as a resource for internal and external clinicians.
Disorganized
The overall culture is hostile and unfriendly. You have to stay on your toes and be alert at all times. HR is rude, disrespectful and disorganized. It’s hard to get any accurate information.
Diverse leadership to serve diverse patient population!
Great place to work; great place to grow professionally. Culture, depending upon the location, varies as expected. Enterprise exudes commitment to patient-centered care while encouraging and supporting ICARE values (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence) from its personnel.
reactive environment
Learned a lot in my role as Deputy Director, Labor relations. As Deputy Director of Labor Relations my role entailed putting for a strategic mission in order to foster a collaborative and productive relationship between the Union Stakeholders and Management Stakeholders. Train, counseled and advised stakeholders on various employee relations matter.
Great place to learn
Fast paced environment, very encouraging, data is very well protected, other employees are very kind to teach interns, very big organization and great opportunity to work here
Great Workplace
I have done 25 years of service and my time is vested . I am just looking to upgrade my skills and learn something different and something more challenging .
Ask a question about working or interviewing at NYC Health + Hospitals. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight