NYC Health + Hospitals Employee Reviews

Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2018
great place to work and great pension offered and benefits. good mix of people but some can be difficult. Need to deal with many personalities throughout the day.
Pros
great benefits
Public Hospital
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2018
Nations' largest public hospital system serving more than 1 million patients each year. Facilities n every borough. Wide range of positions for mission driven workforce.
City hospital could improve
HEALTHCARE PROGRAM PLANNER ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYNovember 23, 2018
Lost great leadership over the years and now leadership is absent; no direction; no skills to get the city hospital out of debt and lots of dead weight; no accountability
Pros
City benefits and pension
Cons
No accountablity
Productive work place
Accountable Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2018
I have worked at different facilities within this organization and your work environment, the people you work with makes a whole lot of difference on how productive and satisfied you will be. I have had good and bad experiences but overall, it has been a great experience. Although, the salary compared to private organizations is much less their benefits outweigh those of the private organizations.
Not a bad company, but do not work for their IT Department
Business Development Partner, Employee Engagement (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2018
The IT department is not productive...I would say pockets of the IT Department is not productive. I would recommend working in the facilities or in a different department within the organization.
Unorganized
Hospital Care Investigator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 17, 2018
Fast paced and unorganized. Nobody does anything to help you. Management seems like they don't care about employees. Curb the culture of fear and nepotism. Have some form of qualifications. Use the technologies you purchase. Stop augmenting personnel with Consultants especially at the managerial level. Clean up you EEO practice. At this point you should probably clear house and rebuild, except the infrastructure isn't documented so even that wouldn't be feasible. If its not woefully under utilizing staff the culture is to micromanage them. Often they will leave an engineer in an SME position with out hiring backup so skirt overtime rules and require 24/7 on call. Politics drive the environment so every 4 years it is unknown if the place with have work life balance or amoral practices. Shifting to a consultant farm (since the rates are low they get green staff who shift to the culture.
Clinical Rotations
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2018
I worked in this location during my clinical rotations during my semesters of nursing school at Lehman College. I believe this is a great place to get experience.
You can be yourself.
Peer Counselor I (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 13, 2018
In the Outpatient Dept. we would meet and greet clients who had questions. I kept a telephone book for those who needed encouragement or a shoulder to lean on during stressful times in life. I continued to call after we took care of business at their request. I met them at the beginning of their appointments and after to find out about their experiences and how management can improve the services. We can participate in studies by management. The job was rewarding and fulfilling. The hardest part was dealing with upper management who tried to build cases about you without expressing any major concerns if any that were already expressed. There was a lot of favoritism so if you were not long time friend, you did not get ahead. Despite the drawbacks until I was up for a promotion, I loved interacting with the patients.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Lying supervisors and those who perpetrated a fraud.
Stressful and demeaning
Clerical Associate Level III (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 12, 2018
There are about five supervisor/ managers telling you how to do your job five different ways. You get yelled at like a child in front of staff and patients. Enough said.
Benefits
Cons
Stress, Stress and Stress
Excellent work culture
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 10, 2018
1 have worked as a psychiatric ERnurse for 3 years and I love interacting with patients helping them with both their medical and mental health. Kings County Hospital is a huge one and there are many experienced professionals working as a team to actualize the goals
Excellent Place to learn the world of work
Addiction Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 9, 2018
I Love working at HHC, but I am considering relocating. I would never leave if I were not relocating. Working with the public, helps to teach you how to appreciate other cultures and people from various walks of life. Working with HHC, teachers you to be tolerant, empathic and selfless.
Kings County Hospital
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2018
The staff at FAN program (Kings County Hospital) are some of the best and most fun people to work with. Everyone of them are professional and they get the job done! I have nothing but praise for them.
NYC HHC is considered The Trauma 1 Center located in the South Bx
Public Health Advisor II (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 5, 2018
At NYC HHC/Lincoln Hospital This is an amazing place to work. As you can see that I've worked there for 16 yrs+ in which I've work in the Immunology department with HIV patients. This job is very rewarding in such that if I was not planning to relocate, I would want to remain on staff here. I continuously give information and education out to patients to help them reduce the risks of contracting HIV or transmitting HIV to others. I rendered rapid HIV testing and if the patient was noted to be positive I would continue with Immunology follow up services in the clinic.
This job was extremely rewarding to be able to help my patients live a full and healthy lifestyle.
Pros
I was able to make a better difference in the lives of my patients.
Cons
A lot of work, at times a little stressful
Nothing to report
Office Coordinator, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2018
There isn't anything to report. You would basically have to make your own judgement. Everyone adapts differently to different work environments. Overall, city employment usually provides good job security.
Great co-workers, multi-lingual, always a learning experience
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2018
great enviroment, team leadership, updates on yearly conferences, friendly atmosphere,. i enjoy working with others. sometimes free lunch. Management offers services for women and men issues.
Good place too join
Dietary aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 25, 2018
Great setting and staff likable service Enjoy the pleasant morning greeting from staff the nurse practitioner RN fast pace place where you are treated with respect.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
N/a
Too much work in Chemistry Lab
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 20, 2018
They need to alleviate some the work done by the lab assistants in Chemistry to alleviate the work that is given to them it can be very overwhelming at times.
The company doesn't pay low
WAN Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2018
You work hard and pay less and few growth opportunity.
mediocre city agency but It is a good place to learn and good team. The upper management constantly changes
Pros
job security
Cons
low pay
Clinical rotation
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 11, 2018
I can not give a fair review because i did my clinical rotations as a student Nurse. All the staff seemed professional, knowledgeable, and happy to help me and my fellow peers.
Lots of experience available.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 10, 2018
Decent place to work. Lots of experience available. Opportunities to gain skills in a fast paced environment with plenty of options to be a team player.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NYC Health + Hospitals. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight