NYC Housing Authority
66Average

NYC Housing Authority Employee Reviews

United States820 reviews
City jobs has great medical and dental benefits. They all so has a pension and a 401K plan. Always offering opportunities to attend classes to help you advance.
Exciting job, loved it. Diversity in the workplace, training, generous benefits packages, union & pension membership available. Try to offer work locations as close to your residence as possible.
They need 2 go back to some of the old rule and send management to training classon how to speak to the work and Dot the employees with the tenants with Jarred attendants are rude disrespectful
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
I like how work with people they teach you what you need to know oh do so you won’t make mistake very professional and fair to any questions you might have about the job duty you have to do if you don’t know something all you have to do is just ask and they find someone to help you with the problem
i recommend NYCHA to all who want to make a good carrier.NYCHA staff and supervisors work together to achieve the goals.Office environment is healthy. Chair to caretakers respect each other and at the end I Love NYCHA.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
If you don't mind a little office politics, and a few apathetic co workers and having to work hard at times in unusual and sometimes dangerous situations then it's a good job, a job is what you make of it.
Pros
Good pay, OT available
Cons
Some developments are very hi crime locations
I was working here thru my summer youth program. I collected information. And entered it into the system.

All documents are properly gathered and filed away.
Hard work not easy At all a lot of Energy and patience it takes to work this job . Must be careful and on point and be ready and willing to take risk .
in general good works are not respected nor appreciated. dealing with stressed tenants and then disrespectful and poor management at the same time makes for a very stressed out environment whereas you hate to come to work
My assistant manager and manager need to be fired. They have no regard for anyone other than themselves. They sent me into early labor. My assistant manager told the reasonable accommodations person one then did the opposite. The manager suggested that the assistant manager give us memos for not being able to reach tenants.
The treatment i faced being a caretaker j was a horrible one it was very dehumanizing and degrading and it’s a job that I will never except as an African American woman again it reminds me of being a slave in the Cotton-field.
Not a good job. Not treated well by residents. Horrible pay. Nobody was there to back you up if you ever found yourself in a bad situation with a resident and the union dc 37 never backed me up if I got in any negative situations which is opposite of what they are supposed to actually do
Pros
Working close to home
Cons
Horrible pay
NYCHA was one of the best jobs that I had. I was involved with the community. They allowed me to explore my ideas and implement them. Remember some of the supervisors there have swelled heads. Acknowledge them and know your place. You will go far.
I learned a lot working with this company, gained more customer service skills, problem solving skills, learned patience and other essential skills at my time there.
Caretakers word doesn’t matter so stand up for yourself and involve the union even if they don’t do they job. The job may be a handful but just try to follow the rules at all times.
While working for the New York City Housing Authority I had the responsibility of performing income and employment verifications for rent determination, as well performing case reviews, processing lease renewals and rent changes. Another one of my duties was to interview residents; investigate and verify information.
working for nycha was a lot of work. You have to keep your head down and mind your business at all times. The work is heavy loaded but once you get through the day you would be ok.
Company much better than the post office. They atleast try to have training for new employees. Have good instructors and lots of buffers. Pay not bad and they give you all the supplies you need.
Pros
Computers system up to date not cheap with supplies
Cons
Hire too many ghetto folks lose a ton of money from tenants not paying rent hire real dumb people
I was a Groundskeeper for TodtHilll Houses, Staten Island New York. It was an awesome job, and the employees treated me like family.My coworkers pitched in to help if there was difficuty.A typical day consisted of keeping the grounds clean and beautiful. The work was easy and I really enjoyed the company as a whole.It was a great job opportunity and I learned a great deal about groundskeeping . Thank you, NYCHA.
Pros
Great Job, good people!
Cons
N/a
everyday is a challenge, I learned you cant be thin skin when working here, management is horrible they are there to make your job hard, the is culture horrible, hardest part going there everyday. The most enjoyable part was my check because I work hard and I earned it
Benefits
Cons
short breaks, difficult co workers, very ghetto, poor magement
Fast pace work environment which I truly enjoy but the work-life balance is challenging to secure. Given that its an organization in transition there is the aches and pains of growth and transition of old culture and the new culture the organization is attempting to establish.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at NYC Housing Authority. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.3
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight