NYC Human Resources Administration

NYC Human Resources Administration Employee Reviews

United States218 reviews
Monthly training. Career advancement. If you get to work here, you will make some good friends and do great things for the people of NY.. Great benefits
Daily Goal Driven.
A rewarding feeling helping people in my community, I play a major role in their happiness. My team and I have a strong mindset in completing agency's Mission and Vision.
Pros
Room for advancement.
Cons
Salaries are the same across the team. Everyone gets the same riase.
Great supervisor’s
Great supervisors who assisted me in getting the work out. Which helped me achieve getting my degree, they helped keep me focused on the bigger picture.
Exciting Place To Work Challenging Environment
An Up Beat Atmosphere Competitive Work Ethics Attention to Detail. Organization Humble Co workers.Vacation Pay Growth And Leadership. Open Door Policy With Management And Human Resourses
Pros
Respectful Co workers
Cons
Short Lunch Break
Work Somewhere Else
I work at Infoline. We are severely underpaid and overworked. Very stressful work environment where you are literally not appreciated AT ALL. You are continuously expected to gain tons of new program knowledge, utilize new software and databases with no increase in pay that would be associated with doing more work. My advice, try another govt. agency
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Peoples person to help people succeed as i did
I had start from public asst and prove myself in HRA I moved up in title to compensate my skills. I retired after 29 1/2 yrs. But only looking to wk part time
I enjoy what I do every day i get to make a difference.
My job allows me to make people smile and give encouragement to all my consumers and my coworkers. My supervisor constantly encourages me to become a supervisor I'm learning something every day in order to prepare myself for the supervisory role.
This is a NYC position
You have to take a NYC civil service exam to be appointment from a list as permanent. If you are called for an interview without being on the list the position will be provisional.
Productive, fun, loving, caring, I love it here.
I love my job! I started at the bottom and I have moved up twice within 5 years. It is best to stay to keep it all work related and stay focus on your daily task.
Pros
Easy to move up.
Cons
It is not what you know, It is who you know
Day to day functions change but overall i service clients every day
Typical day at work is me handling any where from 15 to 40 cases a day adjusting cases for clients, locating clients and dealing with the courts state
Pros
I get to help families and many different ways
Sr. Level of the Dept.
Very uncomfortable working under the Dept Head. He created havoc with his workers. Workers complained about working under his supervision.
He continuously made errors on workers' regular paychecks and delaying payment on overtime paychecks.

In the past, for his errors, The Dept Head blamed other workers for errors. Lately, when a temp/contractor came on board the errors he's made, he stated that the temp/contractor was at fault. But the supervisor's defended the temp/contractor telling the Dept Head that the temp/contractor did not start working at the company at that time. Workers still upset with the Dept Head because of his unprofessional work ethics, building a negative profile against the temp. The Dept Head built such a negative file against the temp, who was very professional, he immediately terminated the temp services. He was wrong in all aspects of his duties.
productive and fun place to work at
lots of free time for yourself. use it smartly. lots of stuff in the summer outside work place; ping pong, concerts every friday. you get your desk, shared kitchen
I Love Working at The Job Center 63
I had an excellent supervisor and the manager was great. The new Deputy was horrible, but it ok. I always had the support of my co-workers and I really didn’t want to leave. I had to leave because I moved permanently to PA.
Pros
Job security
Cons
The clients are horrible after 5:00pm
It can use some improvements within management and a more competitive salary
A bit relaxed yet it can be monotonous,;
Cool and helpful co-workers; pleasant work environment yet it can be tedious at times; Better management is needed.
Optional: Tasks increased according to abilities
Overall satisfaction with work assignment. Hours are 9am to 5pm with 1 hour lunch and 2 15 minute breaks -- morning and afternoon. Since my inception of work, after an estimated 25 year sprint, I have acquired a better quality of life in relation to my duties during the business work day. I have acquired, because of my bachelor of arts college degree, a new beginning in my professional life.
Custodian Assistant
Great work environment with excellent pay and benefits
Maintained all offices, bathrooms and eating areas daily

Co workers were overall friendly and helpful
Social Service Agency Assistance the Community
An interesting place to work, assisting the community and providing resources and information. It could be very overwhelming at times but satisfying knowing you are providing eligible services to improve the clients become self sufficient.
Pros
Health benefits
Good place to learn
Its a city agency so it has its good and bad but you learn. There is in lots of ways to learn thru in house and field assignments. The cases are different and case load is reasonable.
Indeed has plenty of opportunities
Indeed has plenty of job opportunities. I haven’t found anything as of yet. They have opportunities for sales, telemarketing, nannies, doormen, security, and much much more.
Great for entry level
Depends on what department you're in; you could be in a high paced, stressful department or high paced, not so stressful department. Getting to the not so stressful departments is very difficult.
Pros
Job security once pass the 1 year probation
Cons
high demands with limited resources and time to do so
Commitment Relations with our clients
Great environment, learned all I can learn from my team and management. Great customer service throughout all clients and land lord, as well with vendors that represent veterans.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at NYC Human Resources Administration. Our community is ready to answer.