NYCERS

• Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Ok place to work

Not bad, work life balance is excellent. Pay is great for a city agency. Diverse mix of people. The work can get repetitive at times. Nice people to work with.

Horrifically managed agency - AVOID

Leaving this agency was one of the best decisions I've made with my career. Management clearly plays favorites, outside consultants are used for a bloated program that seems like it's never going to get finished; I found the work to be very unfulfilling.

Good workplace

A good place to work long term if you are looking for a job that give workers raises regularly. Located in the downtown area of Brooklyn, it is close to Manhattan and that makes it an easy commute.

productive fun place to work

Checks and performs a variety of administrative tasks, such as typing NYCEwork letters, payroll certifications, payroll verifications, preparing documents for scanning, archiving and attaching to the case. Communicates and obtain information from other NYCERS business units. Review and process members or pensioners who apply for Beneficiary, Option Selection and Address Changes. I have taken courses for cyber security and sexual harassment and gain the knowledge on the Do's and Do Nots on what to do in the office when interacting with employees and opening/checking emails. NYCERS is a diverse agency where you feel welcome and ready to work. throughout the years of me working at NYCERS, the most challenging part for me has been balancing school and work. do to my job being flexible, I was able to change my schedule that was more suitable for me. The most enjoyable part of NYCERS is when we celebrate holidays by doing a lunch in for everyone to be apart of. Another enjoyable experience is that NYCERS agency employees and directors come together at a park of our liking with a DJ and participates and different fun, and competitive activities. while also providing food including different culture foods along varieties of beverages as options such as juice, lemon, water .

Pros

great job to work

Great agency

Excellent start for a career with NYC agencies. Workload varies depending on the unit you are working in.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Gateway to my communication skills

Retail is usually one of the first jobs that many people encounter, especially when they are attending high school. When i was in high school i started working in this company to better enhance my communication and sales skill. I was always interested in administrative, but knew that this was a gateway into further developing my verbal skills towards others.

Not a great place to work.....

There training (not the trainers) is the worst and they throw you in and expect you to answer calls with no mistakes.. Most of the management team sucks... You walk around on egg shells and you don't get a break.... You can take one but not for long.... They service a lot of retirees, they are older people needing information but you only have 3 minutes to help them... Please do not work there...

I learned a lot in this company. It helped me developed interpersonal skills and learn how to develop a better work ethic

This company helped me achieve a lot of aspects within a work environment that dealt

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NYCERS?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NYCERS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

NYCERS Reviews by Location