NYCM Insurance Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent medium sized business with plenty of room to grow
Application Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Edmeston, NYMay 17, 2018
Excellent management and the company culture is quite employee oriented with different activities happening all the time and fitness tracker incentives.
Great First Internship Experience
MARKETING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Edmeston, NYApril 17, 2018
I worked part-time at NYCM as an intern my first year of college. Everyone was very kind and helpful, and it seemed like a wonderful place to work, the employees always seemed happy.
Great at first glance, terrible when you dig deeper
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmeston, NYFebruary 15, 2018
At nycm your production n quality is not all that matters. At first you think it's a great place with fun supportive people. But, eventually you'll discover that nothing is ever enough, and it's highly competitive for no reason. They advertise being flexible, but if you or your family have any health issues and you need to take time off, you will be punished! You can have the best stats in the department and they still will fire you for no reason if you don't fit the mold they want you in (yes they can, and they do). Every year before bonus time the company starts offloading people, from what I've been told and seen...Low pay, terrible health insurance, bad hours and awful management.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
Terrible health insurance, high stress, bad hours, bad management
Great Place to Work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmeston, NYNovember 22, 2017
I have worked for NYCM Insurance for 34 years and it is a great Company to work for. There is very much a team effort going on here.

The benefits are amazing.
Pros
Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Medical and Dental Ins with minimal cost to employee, Employee Fitness Center on site
Cons
I can't think of one
Strange Place to Work
Automobile Physical Damage Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Edmeston, NYNovember 9, 2017
Management micro-managed and were constantly looking for issues. Employee morale in the claims area was horrible. Many trust issues. Difficult place to work.
Good place all around
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Edmeston, NYAugust 22, 2017
I've worked at this company for over ten years now. Since the start I have learned many skills and have been encouraged to research new technologies. The work environment is very good. It's a family atmosphere and management is always willing to listen to new ideas. I love the fitness classes, flexible work hours and telecommuting.
Pros
Friendly, great benefits
Cons
Remote location
Good job
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmeston, NYApril 18, 2017
The people are mostly friendly, do seem to hire a multitude of different people. small business, close knit. hours of operation not bad.sitting all day.
Pros
people are mostly friendly
Cons
sitting for 8-9 hours at a computer
N/a
Personal Lines Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Edmeston, NYJune 9, 2014
I've been with this company for 33 years and have had an opportunity to grow professionally and personally. I have been very fortunate to be with NYCM Insurance throughout my career.
A family oriented company- Excellent place to work
Technical Underwriter I (Former Employee) –  Edmeston, NYMay 12, 2014
NYCM insurance is a great company to work for. They have a wellness center that you may go to durning work hours so that you do not lose time for doctors appointments. If you do need to take time they let you make up the hours with approval so you are not using your vacation time. Overall a great company.
Claims Examiner - Total Loss and No-Fault
Insurance Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherburne, NYMarch 18, 2013
I processed Total Loss claims as well as processed salvage checks, moved automobiles to salvage yards, assisted with Customer Service calls and processed MV-907A forms for salvage auctions.
Pros
monday - friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm