NYLO Hotel Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXMarch 5, 2018
You will stay busy at work, hardly have slow days. keep professional and do your job and you will make money. some benefits would be the insurance they provide for employees and the paid time off you get every year, they also will recognize good workers within the company. some cons would be late hours and long shifts to cover.
High turnover rate and lack of resources to provide great customer service.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 9, 2018
I have worked for three other hotel organizations. The culture and ability to provide guests with superior service is limited by the management. There is a management is always right over guest satisfaction philosophy. The facility is poorly designed so noise is an issue especially since they have a bar. Breaks are scarce. Very poor work lighting.
Pros
Discounted food.
Fun atmosphere to work
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 9, 2018
i was over worked and under paid. They wpuld not give sufficient breaks to theor employees and worked us like dogs. I liked my old manager until he got replaced and basically sexually harassed me by inviting me to his home.
Pros
Good drinks
Cons
Bad management
Fun
Bartender (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Nylo hotel. The staff was both professional and personable. I learned so much and was able to grow from server to bartender.
Fast paced and fun
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 24, 2017
Working in a hotel, you have your hand in everything: restaurant floor work, social skills being improved,delivering food, cleaning, checking guests in, and so on. Your hospitality and people skills improve quickly and you realize how beneficial it is to work in different departments to aid you professionally. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with everything and everyone, the most rewarding part of the job is controlling a situation well enough to where a customer is always satisfied.
Pros
Free lunches, tips
Cons
Fast paced work
Not a job I would do again for this company. Poor ownership - High Turnover
DIRECTOR OF FOOD AND BEVERAGE (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX & Dallas, TxJuly 27, 2017
Ownership changes roles on a weekly basis and takes zero interest in the experience of the people that they hire. Some of the most experienced people within the industry have wasted their time here when their skills and talents could have been better suited elsewhere.
Pros
Awesome Co-workers
Cons
No healthcare, poor management, high management and employee turnover. Zero consistancy.
Its a job, that will pay the bills.
Operations/Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2017
Like the summary says, Its a job, that will pay the bills. But will not really have advancement opportunities because its all about favoritism and who you know.
Pros
Property next to the train station.
Cons
Long work hours
Fun work place with amazing people
Hostess and Server (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TexasOctober 15, 2015
This place always has high volume in the evening this. It takes someone this patience and strive to work here. The management could use help and you can expect to have fun while at work with your co- workers.
Pros
fun enviornment
Cons
no breaks
Fun place to work but not much advancement.
Director of F&B (Former Employee) –  Irving-Las Colinas, TXMay 12, 2015
Great hotel, green, modern, accesible from the cost stand point. Focus on profitability not on the employees or the process improvement of the place.
Pros
Very accesible.
Cons
Do not like to invest in internal needs.
Poor communication and leadership
Server (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIFebruary 6, 2014
This place lacks actual structure! There is management and there are department heads, but no one seems to be on the same page. Turnover is quite frequent, due in part to the previously mentioned issues. Work in the restaurant is like a typical restaurant, with your typical side work. However, like the rest of the hotel, no one seems to be on the same page. Everyone works as a team, but are quick to throw people under the bus....

Want to know more about NYLO Hotel?

Ask a question
fun workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIFebruary 4, 2014
always on the move, never tired. you always have to work and like I like having stuff to do I like the job but I didn't like the pay rate.
Fun and comfortable work atmosphere.
Server (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 26, 2013
A great service industry job. Hardworking but laid-back environment.
Good Money, Poor Management!
Shuttle Driver and Front Desk Services (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 1, 2012
•Transported guests of the hotels to DFW airport and to other locations around the area.

•Provided passengers with information about the local area and points of interest and gave advice on hotels, restaurants and other recommendations.

•Provided assistance to the front desk when needed, answered phones and provided excellent customer service.

•Picked up customers according to request, appointments and schedules

I learned that it can be hard to trust brand new companies / organization due to possible unstable management and poorly organized ruling in the company.

My co-workers weir fun and great to work with, we all got along very well.

Most enjoyable was transporting the guests and meeting different people.
Pros
hourly wage and tips was very good.
Cons
management and job security was not stable at all and really unorganized.