NYU Langone Health

NYU Langone Health Employee Reviews

United States2,252 reviews

Found 2,252 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,284 reviews
langonewinthrophospitalpatientmedicalnyulmcnurselutheran

Great company to work for

Featured review

NYU Langone Health selected this as a representative review
I absolutely love my job in the Central Billing office at NYU Langone Health. I went in there with a positive attitude as a regular biller getting paid more than any other place I have worked and within 1 year made it to supervisor. This company is not for the weak lazy people, this company is made for people who want to excel in their careers, it's not just a job. You are given all the tools to succeed and it's up to each individual to make that happen. Your work speaks for itself and is noticed and rewarded.

Pros

Great benefits Room for growth Support from management Extensive Training

Good overall

I was lucky enough to be hired on a unit with great management. I have heard that other units are not so great. Overall it is a good company to work for with good benefits.

NYU Langone Health insights

Based on 1,049 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Overall positive experience

Good place to work. Stills has the community hospital feel although now part of the larger NYU enterprise. Staffing is challenged but employees pull together as a team to provide the best patient care.

Fast Paced

Fast paced. Great coworkers. There’s always something new to learn. Coworkers are nice and help each other out when needed. Management is also helpful.

Good benefits

Great opportunities for growth. Benefits are great, HR sides with management and does not protect employees when needed in the down side. Unless you are union. Other then that, good benefits and pay is fair.

Good benefits but management is horrible

Short staff a lot of the times. Needs to balance work among staff better. No growth opportunities. Makes transfer process difficult. Would not work for this company again

Great Team to Work With, Could use more staffing

the culture of working here has changed dramatically over the last few years. There is pressure to get patients out. There is short staff across all disciplines. We have to do more with a lot less at NYU Brooklyn. We also get paid less when compared to the same job/tittle at other campuses. We want same pay across all campuses.

Great place to work. Pay is decent. Great partners. Educational opportunities and benefits are good. NYU EMS has a few locations to work out of and the hours are pretty flexible as far as start times for tours.

Cons

Management can be a challenge

Great place to work - terrible compensation

Great benefits, and time-off. Terrible compensation. For post-grads, it's a nice place to work while applying to grad school, but difficult to survive on the salary while living in the city.

Patients are happy

At first you think it’s a great place to work until you see the real truth behind the curtains. They don’t do anything for staff. Sometimes they will throw you some free ice cream. It’s a joke. Staff are not appreciated at all. Union doesn’t protect you.

Pros

Benefits, Patients

Cons

Paycheck, shift, micromanagement, and no one cares about you.

Not a fun place to work. The management is very clicky and promote people they like. no colored managers in CBO UNIT

Only that they provide lunches nothing else it is run like a factory in Mexico The management is constantly watching you They keep telling the employees how lucky they are to work for them The Florida office operates differently from the New York office even though they keep telling you that you are both part of the same organization In the Florida office there are 2 units the CBO Unit and the PAC Unit The PAC Unit is treated way better than the CBO Unit

Pros

They provide lunch couple days a week

Cons

Very strict cannot call in sick it is considered an occurrence It is a very controlled environment

Respectable work place

They care about their employee and the pay is good. Lots of different locations And positions so the opportunity for growth is always present. Benefits are also great

Great Place to Work

I love my job; management is supportive and pay is decent. Tuition benefits are a plus and there are facilities everywhere so you can transfer to another site for convenience.

Upsetting

I was really excited to work at NYU, I did meet many great people. Management at FHC is the worst. They used me for 3 months and let me go right before probation period was up due to "complaints", which i dont believe because i got along with everyone! MAs, PSAs, RNs and even Doctors. They did not give me a valid reason to let me go or bother to see my effort to improve. Let alone hear me. I was let go feeling i had no voice, they dont like when you defend yourself.

Rn

Working as a nurse is tough in general but I had great coworkers who were helpful to tackle the nights together. There was also non-stop work and many shifts, I left without taking a break.

Pros

great coworkers

Cons

staff shortages, machines don't work

No growth

There is no growth an NYU, they over work you and underpay you. They continue to add work load on to your plate with being compensated for all the hard work you put in. You get a yearly assessment and the raise is always .25 cents no matter how good you do at your job.

Caring people but unresponsive administration and compensation well below market

NYU langone Family health center. People are mostly very caring. Front desk is very weak (phones don't get answered, to start). MAs are strong. Nursing helpful. Administration not good. Compensation grossly undermarket. Patients very nice but most need more social support than the place is willing to provide. Burnt out here. Others are too; chronically understaffed, high turnover.

Alright place

Workload was acceptable for the positionGood opportunity for gaining experiencePeople working there are friendly enough in general, many are very driven and knowlegeable

Being honest, would never go back

Payment was miserable, at least for an operations person. The amount of work is just overwhelming, and it took more than six months of investigating to realize they needed to pay more. I just got a better offer and left.Billetes get compensated “fairly”, but you are never leaving your desk, and are always being overloaded with extra work.You have to be loved by the Site director and her AR, or else you are not having a good time at all.Think twice before you work in this place.

Busy

Severe understaffing and revolving door of staff starting and leaving. Managers unable to retain staff in just about any unit. Working over-ratio in inpatient units and emergency department.

Pros

benefits, union

Cons

understaffed

Money is great, but you pay for it with your mental and physical health. Management is horrible

I was hired almost 11years ago as a consultant. My manager kept me as a consultant for almost 11 years. Constant threats were given to me. Little support was given to me on major issues on construction projects. I received awards from my co workers despite my manager holding me back and preventing me from becoming a hospital employee. All the Pms wanted me on their team as they knew i would led their structured cabling portion of project to success. My contract was terminated because I pushed back on I.T. leveling services typically performed by designers not structured cabling pms.

Common questions about NYU Langone Health

Answered by current and former employees at NYU Langone Health

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NYU Langone Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at NYU Langone Health.
Powered byComparably