NYU Langone Health Employee Reviews

Dynamic work environment with opportunity for growth and development
Divisional Administrator - Research (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2018
I have been working as a Division Administrator in the Department of Radiology research division. In this role, I have been afforded the opportunity to manage all aspects of the research enterprise for the department interfacing with the clinical areas on a daily basis. Under my supervision, we have implemented a new radiochemistry program for the production of research biomarkers, increased research revenue three-fold, and doubled the size of the research enterprise. I am proud of what I have accomplished at NYU Langone Health.
Pros
Exciting work environment
get employer and job
Senior Surgical Coordinator / Office Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2018
I love working @ NYU the staff and physicians are great to work with the benefits are great. Workplace culture in diversified.

there isn't a hard part of the job as long as you do you daily work and not let it pile up
Love this place
Outpatient Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2018
Wish I have better hours, but definitely love working with this team, lots to explore and learn, from different personalities and different challenges each day brings
Pros
Non union environment
Great Environment to work
Paperless Consent Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2018
Leadership is very supportive , Career and success driven. Co-workers are always helpful, training is always available. Minimal Pressure on getting the job done.
Pros
Supportive Cultural
Cons
Very busy
Fun work environment
Student Research Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2018
Very busy and motivating work environment. NYU langone medical center gave an opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the field if medicine, as well as learn from them.
Productive and respectful workplace.
Assistant Research Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2018
The most enjoyable part of working at NYU is the available services they provide. Free shuttle services to and from train station, cafes all around and inside of hospital, plenty of eating spaces and just a clean and relaxed environment.
Pros
free shuttle bus services to train station. For NYU employees only.
Cons
Over priced food/coffee/drinks/snacks.
Friendly place to work
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 3, 2018
It was fast paced work due to medical center but for sure, we can see friendly environment while we work. Cafeteria is good and open 24 hours. I'm from IT, So I can say management was way awesome.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Little stressful due to fast paced work.
Great benefits
Physician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2018
Great benefits and good people are the best parts of the job. Biggest negative is leadership not properly anticipating staffing needs for a growing health system.
wonderful
Medical Center Information & Technology Support (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 29, 2018
Amazing place to learn new things on a more humane and scientific level. You can find yourself with a lot of tasks throughout the day but it is very satisfying and in my experience, there is always a lesson learned when getting them done.
Good Overall (But need improvement)
Accountant/ Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  One Park Ave, New York, NY 10016August 28, 2018
The organization should enforce the improved culture/ policies across the entire company (so that all departments/ divisions share the same culture/ policies); that is - Flex Time, Work From Home (on selected days), causal/ summer Friday. So that the entire company can share the same one value and culture rather than having different cultures/ policies among different departments or Divisions.

Also, it'd be nice if the organization can implement a 360 review process so employees get to comment about their managers as well (especially for certain managers who are not good nor fair, the organization need to be aware as it's toxic to the company.) So that insecurity and jealousy don't push talents out the door.
Pros
Good Benefits, Proud Organization
Cons
You can be a victim if your manager is not a fair person

Want to know more about NYU Langone Health?

Ask a question
Exciting Place to work
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2018
Always on the forefront of innovation. Great place to work as long as you can handle stress. Great compensation. Highly recommend.

Nothing more to say.
Highly motivated
DIRECTOR OF CULINARY OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2018
Strive for excellence is a most and focus on being at the top of the game is a priority. Work life balance is something the company promoted. leadership is focused
Very productive and great team work
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2018
My typical day is very busy with a variety of functions, it is never boring. I begin by monitoring productivity, reviewing work queues, reviewing the daily reports and assigning tasks to employees. I assign based on priority and delegate most important tasks to be completed in a timely manner. Once I know that there is a plan for the day, I organize my tasks for the day and ensure all or most are completed before the end of day. Timekeeping is done daily to ensure all punches created by the employees are accurate.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
no flex time
great place
Physician Assistant PA-C (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2018
I've been there for 8 years, and i love all the benefits with time off, the administration is very mindful to the employess, and patients appreciate us
Pros
well trained medical professionals
Cons
short breaks
Great hospital to work for
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2018
Great place to work. Employees are willing to help. Doctors and my manager are always there to help and teach. Always learning something new and there is room to grow
Comfortable and Fun
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
This place is a very fun place to work is you like working with children. It really enhanced my skills with multitasking and I have a kind and loving team of co-workers and managers. Times can be stressful, but it’s all part of the experience.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Cons
Salary
Rapid changing enviroment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
NYU is a very exciting environment with many growing projects and high demands. The most challenging part of the job is making sure I am up to speed with the ever changing demands and development environment. The most enjoyable part of the my job is strong teamwork environment.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
demanding timeline
Finance Department
Financial Data Analyst (PeopleSoft HCM 9.2) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
The work in Finance department is a bit hectic. I worked in this department for 5 years and 5 senior financial analysts changed during this time. They always hire from outside and never promote from within.
Untrustworthy Management
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 11, 2018
The Higher Clerical Management are a bunch of backstabbing hypocrites who stand to reprimand staff for petty errors, including those which may be a result of patient error.

The Clerical Mgmt Is Not to be trusted because they are two-faced & only look out for themselves.
Pros
most fellow co-workers are easy to get along with
Cons
Management staff, mandatory overtime
Senior Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2018
NYU Langone Health is a good place to work. They offer good health benefits and job security. Management is mindful of your work/life balance. I would recommend working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NYU Langone Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight