NYU Langone Health
Happiness rating is 69 out of 100

NYU Langone Health Employee Reviews

Found 2,009 reviews matching the search
This job has been a blessing to myself and family to had a great job and be finically stable for the first time in a long time. They take care of their employees and show support. There are struggles due to a new fast growing location. All jobs that are new have growing pains but it is worth it.
Pros
Great job security
this was a good job and a good school. the staff is nice staff good place to work. it is a productive hospital. good place to start off your career. one of the best hospitals
I am currently employed here and this company is not what it portrays itself to be. Management is very childish and juvenile. Typical call center behavior. No PTO for 6 months even if your ill. There is no accountability. Supervisor/Management sticks together right or wrong. There is constant talk of "white glove service" but our patients are treated as burdens and wait months to be seen. I could go on and on.....
Pros
Free Breakfast/Lunch : Pay
Cons
No pto for 6 months; very childish atmosphere, management is not held accountable
Very good entry level position to start from. Workload is very doable. Very good management, but little pay compared to other front desk jobs. Over 200 patients a day come into this radiology center.
Pros
Cons
Little Pay
Generally speaking, the job of a host isn’t hard and we get paid well for what we are supposed to do. However, since the department is always incredibly short staffed, we are made to do double and even triple times the work load with no sort of compensation.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
It’s a decent company to work for. I feel like I would recommend the company to others. Benefits are great. People there are great. Lots of opportunities for professional development and growth. Office and managers are very down to earth.
NYU Langone teaches you to do your job well, but unfortunately, it does so at the expense of work-life balance and being treated like an individual. The leadership is very detached from day to day activities, and decisions seem to be made without worker input.
Pros
Increase work skills
Cons
Poor work life balance
There's a lot of room for growth working here. There is always something to do. There Is flexibility and a lot of learning opportunities. Even though it's remote at the moment I still feel very connected to the team.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short breaks
There is a lot of favoritism, mostly with people who aren’t doing their jobs. Because of that there is overload on employees who are reliable workers. Management does what is convenient for them and not in the best interest of the facility. There is no appreciation to those who are picking up where others are lacking. No real sense of being on a team.
Pros
Union, all health benefits, 401k, some room for advancement
Cons
Poor management. Favoritism in workplace. Lack of communication.
Very nice workplace! I felt supported by the staff and managers while working in a fast pace environment. The benefits are awesome! I did not have to pay a co-pay for anything. There are also great opportunities to grow!
Pros
Benefits, support
I love what I am doing in the hospital. The staff here are extremely supportive of each other. However, we are understaff most of the time, staffing can be improve.
I’ve worked almost every hospital and it’s one of the best. No micro-managing and unlimited OT. Pay is one of the highest paid Ems. And has 1199 union too! Love working here!
Pros
Pay, union, Great people and management
Cons
They are a center of nursing excellence as demonstrated by their magnet recognition. there is high expectation of nurses to gain knowledge and participate in research projects. Collaboration among disciplines
Overall, a good place to learn and work at. No complains about salary and benefits, they pay well. There is always room for career advancement and learning opportunities. Innovative place. Management differs in every unit, there are good and bad ones. Patient satisfaction is very important. Fast-paced.
Pros
Very competitive salary, very good benefits, state of the art, career growth, tuition reimbursement
Cons
No union for RNs, management favors the doctors/company more than own staff, expected to consistently learn new things, placed in uncomfortable situations with no choice
Great place to care for diverse patient populations. Magnet recognition, so nurses take a lot of pride in teaching. Sometimes the neighboring areas are a little scary, so be cautious when coming to and from work.
Some departments at NYU work in much poorer conditions than others, there is no standard across the board for job quality. Work life balance is very difficult to achieve. Multiple departments have a culture of keeping secrets from staff or other management. The benefits however are fantastic and it's a job!
Pros
Tons of PTO time, great insurance, a lot of people are really trying their best in all levels
Cons
Top down communication is poor, too many secrets kept until the last minute to avoid backlash (which you receive anyways), you'll feel dishonest working here
If you have the opportunity there is nothing like working for the best. Great staff and my peers helped with the transition. Nursing. Was great and the leadership was outstanding.
Pros
I was a Director and treated as such.
Cons
A lot of work and responsibilities
I was so happy that NYU WAS COMING TO FLORIDA and when they called me for an interview I was so excited. Yet came to found out that they have you working like a sweat shop covering it up with good benefits and with an amazing coffee machine in the break room. I almost made it to my 90 promotion I did make because I QUIT! It was MENTALLY DRAINING AND THE STRESS. Never been an environment like this, they time you how long have you worked an one patient account to how you input your notes in. When I finally finished the training process which toke 3 wks now your on your own. First it was you must do 10 Accounts a day to a written WARNING of you don’t make more your threats of the getting fired! In the was during the Pandemic I was even stress out of getting fired because in just hanging in there in till someone calls me for another job offer I’ll take anything at that moment. You will everyone working like ROBOTS! People only getting out of there seats to take a bathroom break to running to the computer to continue meeting there account goals. IS THIS HOW THEY TREAT THERE PEOPLE IN NEW YORK OR IS THIS HOW THEU EXPECT US TO WORK LIKE THEM.
Benefits
Cons
Mentally stress eyes on you!!!
As much as they preach "promoting within", they don't. The Talent Acquisitions team is just horrible and unprofessional. If they're short staffed in HR, they should hire more people. It seems being stretched too thin is a reoccurring issue throughout the institution. The benefits are great, but salary could be better for the amount of work we put in. There are many rules and procedures if you want to ask for a pay bump. pretty much discourages you from continuing the process.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
work life balance, bureaucracy
Incredible academic opportunities in all research departments. Even as a lab technician, I am fully appreciated and mentored by my PI. There are intellectually stimulating talks and conferences year round and across disciplines - never boring for a scientist.
Pros
Good benefits, vacation rolls over
Cons
Can be isolating depending on lab environment
Great place to work and overall I am satisfied. Would work there again if I could but they won’t have me back. What kind of place hires someone like this?
  1. Employee Reviews