NYU Langone Health Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere and wonderful teamwork
Patient Unit Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2018
A typical day would be very hectic from the beginning. Management is open to new ideas from staff and willing to help staff. The workplace culture is great, although not perfect, but I have made friends here for life. The hardest part of the job is the stressful non-stop activity in the ED.
Stressful environment
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2018
The position I was hired for I felt was not as advertised and decided to move on for something more geared to highlight my qualifications. During my time at NYU I learned a lot from some very inspiring leaders.
Great place
Senior Staff Nurse - 15W Medical ICU (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2018
Many opportunities across all fields.
Many locations. Interdisciplinary communication is great in the medical and nursing aspects.
A lot of room for professional growth.
Manager, Solutions Development (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2018
We have different kind of managers at NYU. There are non supportive managers who are not looking out for the needs of the team or NYU. The supportive manages have had the most success as there teams produce better results.
Good place to work except in the Fertility Center
Senior FGP Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2018
It’s a great organization to work for overall, just not the Fertility Center. It’s a revolving door of employees. Much of the staff (not all) is cut throat. Unfortunately, management of the Fertility Center is burning it to the ground. The staff is overworked and treated unfairly, in some areas more than others. Management doesn’t care about the needs of the staff to be able to perform at peak performance levels. It’s a demoralizing and toxic environment. One of the managers is so inappropriate, and carries on about politics, religion and many other non business related sociopolitical issues that are not proper for any office environment. She’s disrespectful, disruptive and dismissive to her staff and sadly upper management is aware but does nothing. That’s how they’ve slowly turned into a revolving door office. The distribution of work is so uneven that while some drown in unrealistic expectations for any human being, others can shop online or stay on personal phonecalls on the company dime. Until management is held accountable for their actions or lack thereof, and actual start listening and working with their staff that do the day to day dirty work and are in the trenches, the ones that know what would make things better, that office is going to continue to go downhill.
Pros
Great Medical/Dental Benefits & Retirement Plans
Cons
Poor Management
productive, fun place to work with
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2018
I learned to make IVs, ICU work flow, OR, robot dispensing, Tugs
1 hr break
hardest part of the job is the schedule evening and over night
culture is fine like all the jobs
I enjoy working with others, met some really amazing and smart pharmacists
Workplace Cuture
Materials management/Receiving Attendant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2018
I like working at NYU because it feels like a family. There is a sense of community. My management does not micromanage ma and allows me to work and make some decisions. There is always encouragement from management to further my education and take development classes.
It is productive because I work with a very supportive team of co-workers.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2018
I like working at NYU. It is a good place to work for me, there is an emphasis on good customer service. I have not seen this at any other hospital. There is flexibility in the schedule, I like working with my team. I get yearly training, I have the opportunity to work in different departments. This gives me the opportunity to enhance, and learn new skills.
Pros
We get free lunches on holidays
Cons
I have to clock in and out for breaks
Efficient teamwork to keep the office running smooth.
FGP Secretary I - Intake/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2018
Fast paced/high patient volume office where weight loss products are sold. I learned how to be part of a team & ask for help when needed so that the office kept running as efficiently as possible. My manager frequently gave me more responsibilities, which I excelled at. Assisting patients and delivering the best customer service to them is something I enjoy and take pride in. As well as making sure the doctors and managers were helped in any way needed.
Productive and fun place to work
KimmelPavilion, IT Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2018
This is a fun place to work, friendly colleagues, scope to learn a lot at this place. good work life balance, weekly team gatherings. typical day at work would be attending the meeting with the stakeholders, developing the project scope, walk through the user locations, defining the scope, preparing deadlines, developing project budgets.
Nurse Clinician (Current Employee) –  SurgeryOctober 24, 2018
Good place to work. I would recommend my peers to work here. Fair multicultural employment. Good payment compensation for nursing related duties. Great place.
Good learning environmental and excellent working conditions
Graduate Research Assistant (Fieldwork) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2018
Working in the department of population afforded me the opportunity to learn about air monitoring and various data management tools. we worked on a study to evaluate the impact of smoke free housing policy in NYCHA buildings. The environmental field team, which I was a part of, travels to these building and recruit participant according to the study protocol
Great place to learn
Network Security (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2018
NYU Langone Health is essentially a technologist's dream job as you are exposed to cutting edge technology across multiple vendors. Teams are encouraged to work together and to think outside the box when presenting new ideas
very cultural at NYU Hospital
Building Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2018
nyu hospital is a job u go in uget with your co workers happy to see them and u get to work i work my 11-7 job and punch out go home,what i learned is to just do my job the best way i can because i might have other thing to do when we are short of staff so i got to do what i can do for that day,the work place culture is great every one speaks to each other even if they dont know u, the hardest part of my job is getting evrything bi need to do a floor or office machines be broken material is scattered so theres times that it would take me a whole hour to get started.coming in to work and and getting my job done and seeing the work i did when i leave the hospital and taking pictures for my manager to see my job and hes happy with it because i take care of the floors.
My Day
Registration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 14, 2018
My day was busy from the minute I arrived at work. I enjoyed working with my staff. I also enjoyed working and helping the patients with whatever they needed.
A Great Job To Have However Alot Of The Workers Complain About Working there
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 12, 2018
A typical Day at work for me was me getting to work on time, My superior hands out the assignments. I look over my task organize my work gather all the tools I need to get the job done and im on my way to complete my work orders. when my work orders are finished I go to the office to see if there's any more work orders to complete. I learned about how to maintain the boilers High pressure and low pressure, I learned how Important it is to be on time and to work as a team.
management at the job in my department sucks they have there favorite employees who they let do what ever they want. they stereotype you and talk about you behind your back spread rummors, they are not to be trusted, its sad but true, I stay to myself alot, I do my 8 hours and go home.
the culture at the work place is getting better NYU is bringing there way of doing things and its hard for the old Lutheran employees to break out of there old lazy cut corner take your time way of doing things. The Hardest part of the job for me is dealing with the other guys in my department who dont like me and would talk about me and lie on me and just make it uncomfortable to work there. The other hardest part is trying to prove to my supervisors that Im not what the other workers and supervisors say about me.
The most enjoyable part is learning new things I can use outside of work, seeing the work that I do still there when I go back, and just being able to support my family.
Pros
The Pay & Benefits
Cons
High School Environment with the workers, you cant trust anyone, Don't tell no one your business they will tell it to the world.
To enjoy what I do at work
Hospital Concierge (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2018
I am a team player I like to work and learn how to do different thing so I can move up the ladder. I am willing to teach other people to dothe same. I am not a person who call out at all. I get along with management very well and they are fare. The hardest thing about my job is nothing at all I pick up very easy. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-worker and learning different thing every day.(I like to be challenge}
Pros
free classes
Cons
healthcare
Normal
Bioinformatics Programmer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2018
It is a normal place to work, but it must vary depending on your department. Depending on the department you might find yourself on your own with your responsibilities, which I think is crucial for development.
Good for right out of college.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2018
As far as respiratory goes, you pretty much hit your ceiling just by being hired. If you want to advance, the only route you have is management, which isn't for everyone. This is a good hospital to work in, but there is too much complacency and the management is not organized.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No job perks
Direct management was terrific. Senior management were incompetent
Instructional Designer Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2018
Direct management was terrific. Senior management were incompetent. Excellent staff to work with. Office environment was pleasant. Adequate resources. Website needed significant upgrading.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
Senior management were incompetent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NYU Langone Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight