NYU Langone Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun place to work, Opportunity to perform large scale construction projects
Healthcare IT Program Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2018
As an IT project manager I was part of the capitol projects construction projects. I had a unique opportunity to manage the many IT disciplines required to facilitate the delivery of new medical practices being built at NYU.

While the work is engaging, the management team seems to be somewhat coercive and disconnected from the day to day operations.
Pros
Great place to learn how to perform construction project management
Cons
Management is out of touch
Guest Service Associate
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
NYU is a great place to work with professional staff. It is in the heart of NY and therefore a place of collaborative culture. I'm happy to work here it offered much experience.
Nyu
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bayside, NYJuly 6, 2018
NYU is a cooperation and they could care less about the patient it is all about the money. Physicians read stress test studies with out half of the information put it. Patients check themselves in by using a computer.
travel nurse
American Mobile Travel RN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2018
I was a travel nurse and my first job was NYU Langone on a stepdown surgical unit/ med-surg GI floor. I was impressed with the healthcare system and the way they treated their RN's and the comprehensive care the patients received.
great people to work with
Paid internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2018
NYU was a great place to advance in a career. Everyday you would learn, being it was techniques or skills. It was a good way to build relationships and establish connections
Cons
short breaks
Quicked pace
Sanitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2018
• Swept and mopped the floors in the Kitchen, including storerooms, walk-in refrigerators and freezers, trash room, rest rooms, locker areas and loading docks;
• Emptied trash receptacles. Gather and transported garbage, and recyclable materials to assigned areas; dust equipment including walls, motor vents and fans;
• Clean dining rooms and serving areas including sweeping, mopping the areas and rearranging furniture as needed. Clean up spills; clean walls and equipment in the food service department;
• Communicate patient or customer related problems to appropriate staff; comply with federal, state and local health/sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures.
Great place
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  NEW YORK NYJune 21, 2018
Working at Great Place to Work provides an unparalleled opportunity to partner with some of the biggest brands, most creative minds and inspiring leaders who sit at the forefront of creating and maintaining innovative and successful organizations. We welcome talented, high-energy, fun team members to join our team and help us create a better society by helping companies transform their workplaces.
excellant benefits
Chaplain Resident (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
The most enjoyable is to be able to meet people of all sorts of race gender and provide them with pastoral care. Every day is something different. Its not boring
Pros
Different every day
Cons
lack of cleanliness especially the bathrooms
Very good place to work
Sr. Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
Very good place to work with great culture and learning opportunities. The supervisor is very helpful and supportive. The projects are very interesting and the methodologies cutting edge. Lots of freedom in learning the things you are of interest and developing the skills you want.
it was a great pleasure working in NYU
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 19, 2018
I worked from monday to friday in every week till my contract ended. I learnt new expriences like scanning of trays. managements are the best supervision
Busy always greeting people and being professional and multitasking
Senior Medical Secretary/Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2018
Learning different software . Being a team player and learning all aspects of the jobs. Able to take classes to improve your work. Making people smile even on a hard day. Receiving beautiful letters from patients how they appreciated how nice I was when i greeted them and how friendly I was. Best part meeting wonderful people . Hardest part the loss of the children.
Pros
Great Salary, 401 K
Cons
loss of patients
There is an on site gym available to all employees free of cost
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  NYUJune 13, 2018
NYU is an excellent place to work. Their are number of support staff available. On day to day basis to help me do the job I need to do. Also NYULOH pays Surgical Technologistvery well compared to other facilities in the tri state area.
Pros
Free gym
Clinic Environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 9, 2018
This position gave me a better understanding of what doctors in a clinic do, and helped me learn how to make appointments for patients. It also improved my communication skills with the health care staff
Unprofessional Management
Secretary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2018
I recently returned from medical leave and my manager is making fun of my deficits in front of my colleagues !! I will stay away from this organization at all costs..
Pros
Cons
Low salary and stressful environment
Nyu
Full Time 40+ (Former Employee) –  FacilitesJune 7, 2018
Management is self serving and irresponsible. Limit sharing of information in fear over their own image and careers. Career advancement is limited or next to non.
motivating environment
Postdoctoral Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2018
it really depends on your goals and your direct supervisor way of managing the workflow to be really productive the way you want to be. overall it was a very beneficial experience I really learned a lot and enjoyed being there I hope I can work in a similar motivating environment in the future.
Pros
great chance to learn new things
Cons
mentrors don't have enough time to guide you as a junior most of the time.
Great Employee!
Volunteer Junior Guest Services Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2018
As a guest services volunteer I would greet all who walked in through the hospital and help direct them or with any inquiries anyone may have. The position was very fulfilling.
caring hospital staff
RN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2018
the hospital was good with a caring staff, unfortunately the hospital did not budget correctly and let go of nurses with very little notice. The new portion of the hospital is opening soon.
Workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 3, 2018
Staffs are friendly and helpful to one another. I can multitask when assigned with varieties of tasks. I take responsiblities wisely and ensure each tasks are correctly submitted in a timely manner. I learned that everyone have different personalities and work in their own pace which depends on how they manage things.
Pros
lunches, communications
Cons
short breaks
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2018
Horrible management protected by upper management who will fire anyone they do not like. Never on the floor to see how staff performs. Makes up policies as they go.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NYU Langone Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss