NYU Langone Health logo
Happiness rating is 67 out of 100Average

NYU Langone Health Employee Reviews

Found 2,046 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,073 reviews

fantastic place to work

NYU was a great place to work. Benefits are fantastic and overall culture is inclusive , positive and supportive. I found it hard to leave and only did so because of changes my family's needs/schedule. There was incredible learning and mentoring opportunities and competencies to grow your skills.

Good place to work at

Good place to work at and grow to different opportunities . It’s a lot to learn in the beginning but you will pick up your own way of doing things that works best for you.

Pros

Free lunch, pay is good and overtime available

Cons

Days off are not consistent

High stress

Good pay..But highly stressful at the Brooklyn hospital. Low staff morale, understaff. New nurses are not trained that well, try to get into a nurse residency program. Management doesn't care about you. If you float it is even worst.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Staff morale

Productive and enjoyable experience

Worked under the pediatric wing at NYU Langone - Brooklyn. Very clean area, safe place, and family friendly. There was a requirement of 200 hours for the volunteer program, but time went by very quickly.

Pros

Free lunches and playing cards

Cons

Hard to get a hold of the manager/secretary

good job

this was a good job and a good school. the staff is nice staff good place to work. it is a productive hospital. good place to start off your career. one of the best hospitals

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

No respect for work/life balance

Non-union positions are taken advantage of when it comes to work/life balance. Some managers expect you to be available 24/7 365. On call schedules are a joke because they will call you even if you aren't schedules to be on call. Expected to carry a phone and laptop wherever you go.Departments are in their own silos. Communications between teams can be very difficult

Pros

Tuition reimbursement, health benefits

Cons

no respect for employee personal lives, change process is difficult

Sht dripping downwards

Original the job was wonderful when I first started but within a year… it all went downhill. Coworkers are unsupportive and will throw u under the bus. They are gossipy, hypocrites, liars, and use management on u. Managers are all brand new promotion with no experiences and favorite others. You get easily targeted and get bad assignments and hours. Only good thing is pay and union. Everyone quit or walked out or never came back on leave. It’s a bad place

Pros

Union and pay

Cons

Bullying, psychological/ emotional damaged

Hectic days, but it is an acute care hospital

The organization has always been supportive of nurses, although there are definitely busy days due to short staffing. Frequent callouts which have increased after NYS increased the amount of sick time that can be used before triggering the unscheduled absence policy. The short staffing at times can make for a hectic day, but it helps to have a good team. The organization is very supportive of those pursuing masters degrees, however that leads to frequent turnover as those nurses then move onto NP positions. Consequently, you wind up with a more novice workforce and unfilled positions.

Pros

Compensation package, supportive managers who encourage improvement projects

Cons

Short staffing, turnover

Overworked, under valued

The first thing I have to say is that my colleagues are amazing and the reason that I have stayed at my position. The teamwork and support that we give to each other is uncommon in a nursing environment. I have floated to other units and found the staff friendly and helpful as well. That being said, this is a place to gain experience and then transfer.The job is overwhelming and we are overworked. Most of the time our work environment is unsafe, because of staffing. The ratio of nurses to patients is not appropriately based on acuity. This leads to a dangerous work environment. In addition, we never have supplies that we need to complete our orders or patient care. Management is more focused on our charting them actual patient care. New nurses don't receive the support that they need because staffing is so short there is not always enough time to help. Staff get injured regularly because they are rushing around trying to all of their responsibilities done. It's not just a shortage of nursing staff but support staff too.

Pros

Benefits, gain experience

Cons

Dangerous working environment

Not worth it

Magnet status in name only. Severe mishandling of COVID crisis led to lots of employee illnesses. Had three managers in the course of 11 months. Scheduling was a nightmare. Done in a Google doc and released a week before. High staff turnover rate.

Pros

Some good coworkers

Cons

Providers, management, facilities, schedule

Jobs at NYU Langone Health

See more jobs

Stressful place to work

NYU is a very stressful place to work. The employees are not supported. Mananagement is poor!!!! I would describe it as modern day sweat shop. Extremely large place 10,000 sq feet filled with cubicles, and lots of Florescent lights, and coffee to keep you up and buzzing.Employees do not adhere to business professional attire. You can smell weed smoking in the parking lot. At weekly meetings they stress productivity or disciplinary action. Turn over is hugh.

Pros

Great coffee

Cons

Poor mananagement !!!

Quality driven organization

Most employees works as a team and are driven to give the best care. I feel safe because management makes sure we are working to code to protect ourselves and the patients.

Pros

Everyone works together

horrendous

managers are terrible. coworkers want to see you fail. everyone hates their job so they make everyone miserable along with them. really not worth your time.

Be very careful before you apply. Bad management and not to mention the SUPERVISORS ...HORRIBLE and have no experience

Job description is not what is been told totally different when you get there. Management does not care and supervisors just as annoying and have no supervisor skills

no job security

no job securityhighly metrics drivenNot much supportive administrative staffhigh work place stressNot well appreciated for your workUse you for out of job descriptions tooNot employee friendlyGood salaryGood benefits

Supportive managers who care about employee success

NYU Langone Health Home Care recognizes that in order to provide the best care to its patients, it has to take care of its employees. As a home care RN, you make your own schedule and see between 4 and 6 patients in a day. There is a lot of documentation to complete, but once you get used to the EMR (Epic), it is feasible to finish your day within 8 hours. Teamwork is encouraged and there is a fantastic network of managers, directors, educators, IT specialists, PTs. OTs and support staff to provide assistance when needed. The culture here is supportive, friendly and encourages employee development and advancement. There are opportunities for continuing education and career advancement. Driving is kept to a minimum and clinicians are kept in tight geographical areas to minimize time spent traveling between patients. Working within the NYU system, MDs are supportive of home care clinicians and grateful to work with them to support them in caring for patients.

Pros

Friendly, encouraging, supportive culture; escellent pay and benefits

Cons

Takes time to learn EMR but once you get the hang of it, it's an excellent tool

Hostile dental department environment

Too many people from the Same cultural background working in the dental department makes the environment hostile, toxic and uncomfortable to work in. Management doesn't say nor do anything if you complain. They will simply brush you off and move in with the day.

Pros

Great community and patients

Cons

Overworked, can't get vacations

Terrible Management

Terrible management. No work-life balance. Don't feel like a valued team member and always told we are replaceable. very high turnover rate in this department

Productive workplace with good camaraderie

I thoroughly enjoyed working on my unit. There are some systemic issues with management but I overall found the workplace to be supportive and productive. I learned a lot and felt part of a team.

Supportive staff, but wished for more work-life balance

I completed a 3 month internship with NYU Langone Health. I was supported throughout my onboarding experience, though the process was long and required a lot of back and forth. Once I began working, I was matched with an excellent supervisor. I was given opportunities to grow, learn, and even contribute my own ideas. Because of where I live, the commute plus the long hours made for poor work-life balance.

Pros

Supportive staff

Cons

High productivity expetations

Not a good place to work.

They do not value self starters. If you have a brain and can think for yourself, forget this place. Micro managing in the Clinical Affairs IT Dept. is the norm. If you don't mind being micro managed, then this is the place for you.

Pros

Cons

Micro managing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NYU Langone Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at NYU Langone Health.
Powered byComparably