NYU Winthrop Hospital Employee Reviews

patient coordinator
Patient Coordinator/Billing (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 2, 2018
Responsible for entering billing for blood work
Register/check-in patients for appointments update personal information, obtain copies of insurance cards and signatures for HIPPA regulations
EOB secondary billing
Assisting patients with billing inquiries
Insurance eligibility
Strong knowledge of managed care requirements (referrals/authorization)
Responsible for identifying charge entry errors (consults)
Collect patient’s co-payment at the time of service/outstanding balance and post payment from patient
Collect Workers Compensation and No Fault information to ensure claims can be filed correctly
not a fun place to work
PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mineola Long IslandJune 25, 2018
winthrop hospital was a horrible place to work the nursing supervisors was very prejudice at the time I have worked there probably because it was the overnight shift and there was no one there from administration to see any unfair work habits
Pros
they always had good functions on holidays for the entire family
Cons
short breaks
Customer service associate/Unit clerk (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYJune 19, 2018
Loved the environment would recommend this place for anyone to work. The mission statement really is enforced and obeyed by administration as well as staff
Productive and safe working environment.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYJune 17, 2018
Generally I like working for NYU Winthrop thus far. Management promotes a non-punitive work environment and fosters a teaching environment instead. I would highly recommend anyone to work NYU Winthrop.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Short breaktimes
Nice internship I had.
File Clerk/Intern (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYJune 17, 2018
I had a two year internship at Winthrop Home Care. Very helpful and encouraging staff helped me learn a lot of things. Did filing of documents and also prepared folders for nurses.
Great Place to work
Registered Nurse- Potter (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYJune 13, 2018
Ive been with the company for 6 years. Ive been there my whole career. They helped me with my education, and helped me grow into the providers I am today
great
Nursing Assistant - Maternal Child (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYJune 12, 2018
Nice place to work good benefits, I was a PCA, staff was nice I really enjoy working there, management was ok, hardly seen my manager , would recommend
Pros
great benefits, nice staff, pay
Cons
Surgical Technologist- Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYJune 11, 2018
NYU Winthrop is a Hospital that gives you room to grow and is willing to work around your schedule to continue your education. Tuition reembersment and great benefits
It is a professional place to work for but needs more work opportunities for LPN's.
Nurse,LPN (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 6, 2018
Hospital has changed alot with NYULangone taking over. Alot of changes some of them not good but others like EPIC better. Not much advancement for LPN's. The hospital needs to offer more LPN jobs and more bridge to LPN programs online and with colleges. Most enjoyable part of my day is working with the patients one on one. Hardest part of my day the often lack of communication with some co workers.
Pros
Nice doctors to work for and pay is fair.
Cons
Management needs to be better at communication
Good benefits
Patient Access Services Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2018
It is difficult to advance due to lack of positions. Benefits are good but in comparison to other medical facilities, are lacking. Dated policies. Job security is good.
Productive teaching hospital
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NY 11501June 4, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Winthrop. Most nurses were willing to help the student nurses develop a sense of autonomy while on the floor as well as helping us develop our own way of entering into a patients room while doing our own assessment and collecting data.
Patient Care Support
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYJune 2, 2018
It was a very hard job, but i made the best of it and worked very
hard. I wish we were given longer lunch breaks, because it
was hard work. I hope things changed for the better
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYApril 28, 2018
NYU Winthrop is a great place to work. Good benefits, well organized management structure. There is plenty of rom to grow and expand. Always something new to learn.
work place culture
Operating Room Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYApril 24, 2018
the culture was not nurturing and we were expected to see and do something once and expected to remember it. was promised 7-9 months for training and didn't even get two.
Pros
paid well
Cons
was not orientated properly
Friendly co-worker environment
Registered Nurse, Telemetry Unit (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYApril 22, 2018
My unit happen to be big on teamwork which kept us close as a unit. I learned how to multitask, broaden my nursing skillset, and customer service towards patients.
Pros
12 hours shifts
Cons
working every other weekend was very tough on my personal life
Great benefits but stressful environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYApril 19, 2018
Compensated well and benefits are great. However, it is a very stressful work environment and can be competitive. There are very few advancement opportunities.
Pros
Great benefits
Great place to work!
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYApril 15, 2018
The staff was overall friendly an genuinely wanted to see growth from you! I would definitely recommend working here if you are looking to grow within the medical field.
Network Biotechnology manager (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYApril 11, 2018
This is a great job, however I reached my potential in my current role.
NYU Winthrop has a positive culture and I would recommend it to anyone working in Health Care.
Excellent place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYApril 10, 2018
Working at NYU Winthrop is being very pleasant for me. There are ups and downs like any job. I have learned a lot all these years at NYU Winthrop. Started from being a CNA, PT Aide, and a Tele Technician in the same unit. There has been some time that the job got a bit stressful because of short of staff but it gets manageable throughout the day.
Great Culture
Clinical Staff Nurse-PACU Recovery (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYApril 1, 2018
Working at NYU Winthrop was a great experience. The culture in the hospital is unified. Most of the employees you encountered
are very friendly and helpful. I would recommend working for a close knit company such as this.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NYU Winthrop Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2