NYU Winthrop Hospital Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
work place culture
Operating Room Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYApril 24, 2018
the culture was not nurturing and we were expected to see and do something once and expected to remember it. was promised 7-9 months for training and didn't even get two.
Pros
paid well
Cons
was not orientated properly
Friendly co-worker environment
Registered Nurse, Telemetry Unit (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYApril 22, 2018
My unit happen to be big on teamwork which kept us close as a unit. I learned how to multitask, broaden my nursing skillset, and customer service towards patients.
Pros
12 hours shifts
Cons
working every other weekend was very tough on my personal life
Great benefits but stressful environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYApril 19, 2018
Compensated well and benefits are great. However, it is a very stressful work environment and can be competitive. There are very few advancement opportunities.
Pros
Great benefits
Great place to work!
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYApril 15, 2018
The staff was overall friendly an genuinely wanted to see growth from you! I would definitely recommend working here if you are looking to grow within the medical field.
Network Biotechnology manager (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYApril 11, 2018
This is a great job, however I reached my potential in my current role.
NYU Winthrop has a positive culture and I would recommend it to anyone working in Health Care.
Excellent place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYApril 10, 2018
Working at NYU Winthrop is being very pleasant for me. There are ups and downs like any job. I have learned a lot all these years at NYU Winthrop. Started from being a CNA, PT Aide, and a Tele Technician in the same unit. There has been some time that the job got a bit stressful because of short of staff but it gets manageable throughout the day.
Great Culture
Clinical Staff Nurse-PACU Recovery (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYApril 1, 2018
Working at NYU Winthrop was a great experience. The culture in the hospital is unified. Most of the employees you encountered
are very friendly and helpful. I would recommend working for a close knit company such as this.
no thanks
Administrative Assistant to Pathology Director (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYApril 1, 2018
no thanks great job recommendbhighly great orking here people good benefits equal pay safe area room for advancement room to grow suggest working here
not so great
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2018
i don't really know much
but i do know is that this company only hires people that are affiliated with other employees. it doest matter if you're talented or not as long as you are related to any of them then they hire you and if you're not they don't really care.
Productive and Enjoyable workplace
Student Nurse, Medical Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2018
Enjoyed the work environment due to the respectable and professional employees and staff. Learned a lot about workplace etiquette and punctuality. Did not like the long shifts.
Great Hospital
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYMarch 30, 2018
Room for growth, respectful staff, very organized.
Worked on gp3
Assisting patients (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYMarch 27, 2018
The managers on gp3 were liars they were very two faced and unfair expected you to do stuff that was not in your scope of practice then when the state came and we did it we got in trouble after we were told to by our mangers
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Taken advantage of
A well place to work
Coder/biller/claim analyst (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 11, 2018
I had the opportunity to learn and grow within this organization. I Really love my managers, my doctors, my peers. A fun and productive place to work. Excellent benefits package and advancement possibilities.
Total chaos
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYFebruary 25, 2018
The ER was over crowded and unsafe for providing patient care. The staff was rude and uncooperative. There was no support for nurses. Supplies were limited, often having to search for a thermometer or oxygen tubing. The nurse's aides were invisible.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Dangerous practices
nice and clean environment.
Central Registrar (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 14, 2018
A typical day at Winthrop was very fast pacing position. I worked in the pre-testing department. my job duties was to verify patient insurance, get them register upon arrival of appointment and occasionally set up central appointment for inpatient and outpatient patient.
Excellent Hospital, Very Good Culture
Director, PR, Marketing & Advertising (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYFebruary 10, 2018
Employee morale was good when I was there. There were tight bonds among the teams I work with, good benefits, overall the hospital encourages a sense of pride and teamwork among employees and mostly it works except for when a dysfunctional administrator unsettles a department.
Friendly hospital
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYJanuary 31, 2018
The people are very friendly here. Everyone truly cares about each other.
In terms of pay, they have stepped up their game since I have been there and are more competitive with their salary then in the past.
I opted out on health benefits but you do need to pay into them like most places these days. But i never heard any complaints from my co-workers.
Rewarding experience
Project Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYJanuary 28, 2018
I worked as an unpaid intern for just under 3 months and I found it to be a rewarding experience and enjoyed my time there. I worked for the information technology department and was able to satisfy college credit with the internship. Working unpaid had its drawbacks like any unpaid job would, but the real life experience and course credit made up for that.
Company invests to advance productivity
Certified Acute RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYJanuary 25, 2018
I was blessed to find this opportunity...jump on the train in Suffolk and get off at the hospital...awesome especially for foul weather. I was able to work with a fully EMR for Case management. Had fun with the coworkers too.
Pros
EMR and great laughs with coworkers
fast paced environment
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYJanuary 23, 2018
i loved the fast paced environment my co workers and management all worked together to make sure that our unit ran smoothly there always an opportunity for overtime