NYU Winthrop Hospital Employee Reviews

Good place to work in.
manager (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYOctober 8, 2018
Winthrop is like a family.everyone knows each other or knows someone related to their coworker. And like every family, some members are dysfunctional and have their problems getting into each other’s business. Employee salaries and benefits have NOT caught up with the times. Nursing management is very good, very hands on, always available to help.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Subpar salary and benefits
Registered Nurse, Critical Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYNovember 20, 2018
Good place to work. Management is good. Hospital is clean. A lot of new advancement in treatment. Technological development. A lot of research work. Every new treatment option available there. Good place to advance career.
Pros
good support system
Cons
salary is low
patient coordinator
Patient Coordinator/Billing (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 2, 2018
Responsible for entering billing for blood work
Register/check-in patients for appointments update personal information, obtain copies of insurance cards and signatures for HIPPA regulations
EOB secondary billing
Assisting patients with billing inquiries
Insurance eligibility
Strong knowledge of managed care requirements (referrals/authorization)
Responsible for identifying charge entry errors (consults)
Collect patient’s co-payment at the time of service/outstanding balance and post payment from patient
Collect Workers Compensation and No Fault information to ensure claims can be filed correctly
Management Sucks
Main O.R and Anesthesiologist (Current Employee) –  259 first streetSeptember 22, 2018
While working here I have not learned much to further my career. management is poorly run. The hardest part of the day is dealing with management that does not understand your job role.
Pros
Benefits & Pay
Cons
Great place to work and grow.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYNovember 19, 2018
Winthrop Hospital had great benefits and it was an excellent work environment. They were instrumental in honing in on certain skills which were essential to my growth within the nursing field.
good working environment
Staff Nurse, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYNovember 1, 2018
Winthrop is a great environment to work it. They value their employees. Decent benefits, pay could be better. should offer extra pay for taking charge as a nurse but don't.
good place
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYNovember 6, 2018
nice place to work did stripping waxing cleaning good overtime like it there but no benefits so worked there for few years needed benefits went somewhere eles to work
Pros
lunch
Cons
shirts pants
positive energized environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 3, 2018
Winthrop hospital is a fast paced and stress-less positive environment. It offers great pay and there opportunity to grow career wise. Also has great benefits
Love the Patient Care ..
Buyer / Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJune 22, 2018
WUH/NYU takes great pride and care of their patients. The work life balance is fair along with our rate of pay. I would recommend Winthrop to anyone looking for a career in Healthcare.
Benefits
great
Nursing Assistant - Maternal Child (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYJune 12, 2018
Nice place to work good benefits, I was a PCA, staff was nice I really enjoy working there, management was ok, hardly seen my manager , would recommend
Pros
great benefits, nice staff, pay
Good benefits
Patient Access Services Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2018
It is difficult to advance due to lack of positions. Benefits are good but in comparison to other medical facilities, are lacking. Dated policies. Job security is good.
Surgical Technologist- Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYJune 11, 2018
NYU Winthrop is a Hospital that gives you room to grow and is willing to work around your schedule to continue your education. Tuition reembersment and great benefits
Great benefits but stressful environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYApril 19, 2018
Compensated well and benefits are great. However, it is a very stressful work environment and can be competitive. There are very few advancement opportunities.
Pros
Great benefits
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYApril 28, 2018
NYU Winthrop is a great place to work. Good benefits, well organized management structure. There is plenty of rom to grow and expand. Always something new to learn.
Best working experience of my life
Administrative Assistant III to Director (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYFebruary 15, 2018
Friendly, fast paced, constant changing environment. Great benefits although pay could be much more competitive with the average for NY and other hospitals in our area. Winthrop is like a huge family so when you're there most people are approachable and willing to help.I enjoyed every day I was there. I could not have imagined a better work experience.
Pros
The staff
Cons
salary
no thanks
Administrative Assistant to Pathology Director (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYApril 1, 2018
no thanks great job recommendbhighly great orking here people good benefits equal pay safe area room for advancement room to grow suggest working here
A well place to work
Coder/biller/claim analyst (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 11, 2018
I had the opportunity to learn and grow within this organization. I Really love my managers, my doctors, my peers. A fun and productive place to work. Excellent benefits package and advancement possibilities.
It is a professional place to work for but needs more work opportunities for LPN's.
Nurse,LPN (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 6, 2018
Hospital has changed alot with NYULangone taking over. Alot of changes some of them not good but others like EPIC better. Not much advancement for LPN's. The hospital needs to offer more LPN jobs and more bridge to LPN programs online and with colleges. Most enjoyable part of my day is working with the patients one on one. Hardest part of my day the often lack of communication with some co workers.
Pros
Nice doctors to work for and pay is fair.
Cons
Management needs to be better at communication
Great work life balance
Clinical Research Coordinator (Oncology) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2018
Great work life balance with flexible hours. I feel like I am contributing to meaningful work through helping oncology patients. It is a smaller organization so you wear more hats and have ultimately more exposure.
Friendly hospital
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYJanuary 31, 2018
The people are very friendly here. Everyone truly cares about each other.
In terms of pay, they have stepped up their game since I have been there and are more competitive with their salary then in the past.
I opted out on health benefits but you do need to pay into them like most places these days. But i never heard any complaints from my co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NYU Winthrop Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2