NYU Winthrop Hospital Employee Reviews

good place
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYNovember 6, 2018
nice place to work did stripping waxing cleaning good overtime like it there but no benefits so worked there for few years needed benefits went somewhere eles to work
Pros
lunch
Cons
shirts pants
good working environment
Staff Nurse, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYNovember 1, 2018
Winthrop is a great environment to work it. They value their employees. Decent benefits, pay could be better. should offer extra pay for taking charge as a nurse but don't.
Great Place to Work
Clinical Informatics Trainee (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYOctober 23, 2018
Everyone from the Informatics team which is the area I spend most of my internship was very professional, helpful and willing to teach. I hope one day there is an opening available so I can apply for a permanent position.
Pros
Excellent team relations and collaborations
Cons
Parking is horrible
one of the best places to work
Neuro-Surgical ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYOctober 18, 2018
Loved working there. Management was always available to help out in case of emergencies. Workplace culture was that of a family rather than a workplace.
Great work people. Management is the worst.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYOctober 17, 2018
Cater and favor the wrong people. You can work you butt off and the lazy ones get the recognition. Happens all over the hospital. Will never change and no one does anything about it. ER is the worst.
Typical Day
Certified Professional Medical Auditor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2018
A typical day at work would be coming in and handed a project that may change in 2 or 3 hours or 2 to 3 days because of the acquisition in process by NYU for Winthrop.
Pros
Close to current living location
Cons
No concrete answers towards the acquisisiton for 2019
Good place to work in.
manager (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYOctober 8, 2018
Winthrop is like a family.everyone knows each other or knows someone related to their coworker. And like every family, some members are dysfunctional and have their problems getting into each other’s business. Employee salaries and benefits have NOT caught up with the times. Nursing management is very good, very hands on, always available to help.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Subpar salary and benefits
Stress Free Work Atmosphere
Compliance Oversight Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYOctober 2, 2018
Great place to work to begin your career. I like working here as i am able to get my work done at a good pace with minimal stress. If i need help, my manager is always willing.
Management Sucks
Main O.R and Anesthesiologist (Current Employee) –  259 first streetSeptember 22, 2018
While working here I have not learned much to further my career. management is poorly run. The hardest part of the day is dealing with management that does not understand your job role.
Pros
Benefits & Pay
What I learned
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYSeptember 19, 2018
During my 14-15 years at Winthrop I learned a tremendous amount about the industry and how it actually works. These lessons cannot be provided in a Master's Degree classroom.
Pros
Professional atmosphere as well as a teaching community
Cons
Advancement and parking for employees
Poor choices made by management and a good employee gone within 2 months. Suddenly when I was leaving, I could be placed in air conditioning!
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  290 Old Country RdSeptember 2, 2018
Would recommend, but no one should be placed in a tiny closet with no ventilation, air conditioning or window. Sunpar conditions, making you question the management’s judgement.
Pros
Brns, time off
Cons
Sub par, unhealthy “office”
Excellent healthcare organization which promotes evidence-based practice
RN (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYAugust 24, 2018
Magnet accredited facility with an environment that allows for flexible scheduling and promotes patient centered care. Baby friendly initiatives are an important aspect of patient education.
Pros
strong team-player environment
Cons
understaffed
its a great place to work
Liaison for Patient (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 24, 2018
Every day is exciting, and different. I learn something new everyday. I enjoy working meeting new people and learning about there cultures, My day is a bit hectic at times ,because of the volume of phone calls I get from patients and concerned family members, but in the long run its all worth it. Family just want to hear comforting words to make them feel better.
Quick-paced atmosphere. Great opportunity to multi-task
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYAugust 14, 2018
Strengthens an already strong skillset. Regularly diffuse agitated individuals. Prepare reports pertaining to theft, lost property, incidents and fire alarms.
Pros
Healthcare package.
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement.
positive energized environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 3, 2018
Winthrop hospital is a fast paced and stress-less positive environment. It offers great pay and there opportunity to grow career wise. Also has great benefits
Professional environment with community feel
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYAugust 1, 2018
It's a relatively small hospital, which means you will grow close to people quickly and gain a sense of community among your colleagues. The camaraderie is refreshing. It's a 24 hour emergency facility so it gets extremely busy and stressful, as expected. Working there has humbled me so much. A lot to learn there!
Pays well
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYJuly 25, 2018
Poor management depending on department. They have a great pay rate. Work very repetitive. Opportunities to learn tasks in other departments. Good for long term.
Pros
Pay
patient coordinator
Patient Coordinator/Billing (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 2, 2018
Responsible for entering billing for blood work
Register/check-in patients for appointments update personal information, obtain copies of insurance cards and signatures for HIPPA regulations
EOB secondary billing
Assisting patients with billing inquiries
Insurance eligibility
Strong knowledge of managed care requirements (referrals/authorization)
Responsible for identifying charge entry errors (consults)
Collect patient’s co-payment at the time of service/outstanding balance and post payment from patient
Collect Workers Compensation and No Fault information to ensure claims can be filed correctly
not a fun place to work
PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mineola Long IslandJune 25, 2018
winthrop hospital was a horrible place to work the nursing supervisors was very prejudice at the time I have worked there probably because it was the overnight shift and there was no one there from administration to see any unfair work habits
Pros
they always had good functions on holidays for the entire family
Cons
short breaks
Love the Patient Care ..
Buyer / Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJune 22, 2018
WUH/NYU takes great pride and care of their patients. The work life balance is fair along with our rate of pay. I would recommend Winthrop to anyone looking for a career in Healthcare.
Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NYU Winthrop Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about