NYU Winthrop Hospital Employee Reviews

Management Sucks
Main O.R and Anesthesiologist (Current Employee) –  259 first streetSeptember 22, 2018
While working here I have not learned much to further my career. management is poorly run. The hardest part of the day is dealing with management that does not understand your job role.
Pros
Benefits & Pay
Cons
Poor choices made by management and a good employee gone within 2 months. Suddenly when I was leaving, I could be placed in air conditioning!
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  290 Old Country RdSeptember 2, 2018
Would recommend, but no one should be placed in a tiny closet with no ventilation, air conditioning or window. Sunpar conditions, making you question the management’s judgement.
Pros
Brns, time off
Cons
Sub par, unhealthy “office”
Excellent healthcare organization which promotes evidence-based practice
RN (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYAugust 24, 2018
Magnet accredited facility with an environment that allows for flexible scheduling and promotes patient centered care. Baby friendly initiatives are an important aspect of patient education.
Pros
strong team-player environment
Cons
understaffed
its a great place to work
Liaison for Patient (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 24, 2018
Every day is exciting, and different. I learn something new everyday. I enjoy working meeting new people and learning about there cultures, My day is a bit hectic at times ,because of the volume of phone calls I get from patients and concerned family members, but in the long run its all worth it. Family just want to hear comforting words to make them feel better.
Quick-paced atmosphere. Great opportunity to multi-task
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYAugust 14, 2018
Strengthens an already strong skillset. Regularly diffuse agitated individuals. Prepare reports pertaining to theft, lost property, incidents and fire alarms.
Pros
Healthcare package.
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement.
positive energized environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 3, 2018
Winthrop hospital is a fast paced and stress-less positive environment. It offers great pay and there opportunity to grow career wise. Also has great benefits
Professional environment with community feel
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYAugust 1, 2018
It's a relatively small hospital, which means you will grow close to people quickly and gain a sense of community among your colleagues. The camaraderie is refreshing. It's a 24 hour emergency facility so it gets extremely busy and stressful, as expected. Working there has humbled me so much. A lot to learn there!
Pays well
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYJuly 25, 2018
Poor management depending on department. They have a great pay rate. Work very repetitive. Opportunities to learn tasks in other departments. Good for long term.
Pros
Pay
patient coordinator
Patient Coordinator/Billing (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 2, 2018
Responsible for entering billing for blood work
Register/check-in patients for appointments update personal information, obtain copies of insurance cards and signatures for HIPPA regulations
EOB secondary billing
Assisting patients with billing inquiries
Insurance eligibility
Strong knowledge of managed care requirements (referrals/authorization)
Responsible for identifying charge entry errors (consults)
Collect patient’s co-payment at the time of service/outstanding balance and post payment from patient
Collect Workers Compensation and No Fault information to ensure claims can be filed correctly
not a fun place to work
PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mineola Long IslandJune 25, 2018
winthrop hospital was a horrible place to work the nursing supervisors was very prejudice at the time I have worked there probably because it was the overnight shift and there was no one there from administration to see any unfair work habits
Pros
they always had good functions on holidays for the entire family
Cons
short breaks

Want to know more about NYU Winthrop Hospital?

Ask a question
Love the Patient Care ..
Buyer / Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJune 22, 2018
WUH/NYU takes great pride and care of their patients. The work life balance is fair along with our rate of pay. I would recommend Winthrop to anyone looking for a career in Healthcare.
Benefits
Customer service associate/Unit clerk (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYJune 19, 2018
Loved the environment would recommend this place for anyone to work. The mission statement really is enforced and obeyed by administration as well as staff
Productive and safe working environment.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYJune 17, 2018
Generally I like working for NYU Winthrop thus far. Management promotes a non-punitive work environment and fosters a teaching environment instead. I would highly recommend anyone to work NYU Winthrop.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Short breaktimes
Nice internship I had.
File Clerk/Intern (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYJune 17, 2018
I had a two year internship at Winthrop Home Care. Very helpful and encouraging staff helped me learn a lot of things. Did filing of documents and also prepared folders for nurses.
Great Place to work
Registered Nurse- Potter (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYJune 13, 2018
Ive been with the company for 6 years. Ive been there my whole career. They helped me with my education, and helped me grow into the providers I am today
great
Nursing Assistant - Maternal Child (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYJune 12, 2018
Nice place to work good benefits, I was a PCA, staff was nice I really enjoy working there, management was ok, hardly seen my manager , would recommend
Pros
great benefits, nice staff, pay
Cons
Surgical Technologist- Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYJune 11, 2018
NYU Winthrop is a Hospital that gives you room to grow and is willing to work around your schedule to continue your education. Tuition reembersment and great benefits
It is a professional place to work for but needs more work opportunities for LPN's.
Nurse,LPN (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 6, 2018
Hospital has changed alot with NYULangone taking over. Alot of changes some of them not good but others like EPIC better. Not much advancement for LPN's. The hospital needs to offer more LPN jobs and more bridge to LPN programs online and with colleges. Most enjoyable part of my day is working with the patients one on one. Hardest part of my day the often lack of communication with some co workers.
Pros
Nice doctors to work for and pay is fair.
Cons
Management needs to be better at communication
Good benefits
Patient Access Services Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2018
It is difficult to advance due to lack of positions. Benefits are good but in comparison to other medical facilities, are lacking. Dated policies. Job security is good.
Productive teaching hospital
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NY 11501June 4, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Winthrop. Most nurses were willing to help the student nurses develop a sense of autonomy while on the floor as well as helping us develop our own way of entering into a patients room while doing our own assessment and collecting data.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NYU Winthrop Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2