O'Reilly Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 5,560 reviews matching the search See all 5,572 reviews
challenging
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 17, 2019
an average day is answering calls, servicing customers and stocking and locating parts. on busy days it is none stop and you could get behind if you do not stay on top of stock.
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 17, 2019
great team to work with, an overall great environment to work in. basic commutation skills great customers. easy tasks such as welcoming customers, picking up phone calls, placing orders, and help checking people out.
Productive with room to learn
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2019
Certain positions had room for advancement. Company was somewhat built on who you knew in the company and not as much as your knowledge of auto parts although if you did good work you could advance.
Need to improve management
Dilivery driver (Former Employee) –  Alton, TXJune 17, 2019
This review is not for all the stores it’s only for the one that I was last working at . Management wise it depends on the store you are, because the last store the manager was great manager.
It's fine for what it is.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Brownsburg, INJune 16, 2019
It was a fine place to work as long as you understood what it was. It's nothing fancy, it's just like any other warehouse job. As long as you are there to just do you job to the best of your ability, get paid, and go home it's fine for what it is.
Mediocre
Auto Parts Sales (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJune 16, 2019
They expect part timers to have no life practically. Pay isn't worth the labor, it changes your outlook on people negatively, also you are expected to drop everything and come in if they call you, or mangament will guilt trip you
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Everything in general
Bad Management
Parts Counter Person (Former Employee) –  Benton, ILJune 15, 2019
The biggest draw is the management in this dump. And that goes all the way up. When you are being told to sell the wrong part to the customer so that they come back in to get the right part and spend more money it is time to go. I don't even go in there to get my parts anymore, hello red shirts.
Overall not a bad place to work just the boot didn't fit
Retail Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 15, 2019
Restocking, Helping customers solving customer issues, and doing small technical advisement. I learned different parts of a vehicle parts that would go bad parts that are good. Hardest part of the job would be selling something I don't believe in.
Work is what you make of it. I enjoyed meeting with customers and discussing their needs.
Delivery/Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNJune 14, 2019
Fun place to work most of the time. I enjoyed the people and liked their "banter". Sometime personalities were in the way of improvement but usually new ideas could be implemented if in accordance with company policy.
Pros
Working with customers.
Cons
Lots of getting in and out of the car.
Worked to my self most of the time was best did more work that way
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXJune 13, 2019
An ok company to work for if and when there is good management in the store that is equal to all employees. I personally don't recommend a woman to work in that kind of place.
Pros
Good discount on auto parts
Oreilly
Parts Specialist and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 13, 2019
Its a great company to work for. I learn so much about and car part. I learn how to change oil, do brake jobs, and do full tune to cars. I also learn how to up sale products for customer .
very busy at times but overall great place to work for
Delivery Driver/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 13, 2019
oreilly has taught me so much. I do really miss it. management was always great and understanding with any scheduling. always room for opportunity. team members were always helpful.
Loved that job!
Parts specialist (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 13, 2019
I loved going to work everyday. There were lots of different things to do. Days went fast. My co-workers and manager were fabulous. I was recognized for a job well done.
Pros
Fun job, great benefits.
Cons
Starting pay is low and raises are given in small amounts
Good Workplace, Enjoyable Environment
AUTOMOTIVE PARTS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJune 13, 2019
Fun job using intuition and experience. Fair management and good culture in the business. Customer experience and personal communication were learned.
Have your Personal Schedule In mind
City Delivery Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Haltom City, TXJune 13, 2019
You will get called in, at inconvenient times. Be sure to set up your personal schedule beforehand. Hot during the summer, Cold during the winter. The position is easy.
Great company not what I was looking for though
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2019
Great company, Other coworkers made it harder to catch on to the way of doing things everyone was to there selfs and not willing to teach me the way of there operations
Manager threw fits put holes in drywall
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, OKJune 13, 2019
My training consisted of watching the night manager play on his phone until he quit and then they make me night manager with no pay raise from entry level. The GM would constantly throw temper tantrums, yelling, slamming cash drawers, throwing phones and keyboards, punching holes in the wall in his office. Problem doesn’t stop at store level though, the GM quit and the district manager wanted the new GM to schedule me 6 days a week, still no pay raise from entry level. I gave my 2 weeks, told them I’m really just needing a raise, they told me good luck at my new job.
Avoid this company like the plague
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jonesborough, TNJune 13, 2019
If you're looking for a good part-time job try to get on driving at one of their hub facilities. As far as working at a retail shop, depending on the manager, you'll either like or hate it. They offer no means of advancement, pay is rock bottom, and from my experience the company is fickel to the extreme. They will not help you what so ever, most people that work there are already retired. May as well be an old folks home.
Pros
None that i seen
Cons
Terrible upper management, knitpick everything you do, no advancement, terrible pay
Good starter job
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cortland, OHJune 12, 2019
Work days were busy and fast paced no matter the weather. You were required to handle in person customers along with phone calls. You were also required to keep the storefront stocked and neat looking.
work full time hours part time pay
Product Delivery, Customer Service, Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 12, 2019
easy to do fast pace at times but slow most of the time. Will have you work full time hours but will only have you hired as part time so they don't have to give benefits
Pros
easy to do
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Reilly Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.8K
31.5K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Powered by Comparably