O'Reilly Auto Parts

United States90 reviews

Found 90 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,585 reviews
autostoreautomotivecardiscountcustomervehicleoriellys

Good beginner job

Good job for someone starting off in the automotive field. Work schedules did include closing shifts with opening shifts the following day. Time off was sometimes hard to get when needed. Training videos can become annoying to individuals with extensive automotive knowledge.Advancements offered to good workers. Easy enough to obtain and retain. I enjoyed my time with the company otherwise. Fellow employees and regular customers kept the workday enjoyable.

Amazing and Supportive place to work!

O’Reilly Auto Parts became an extension of my family. I spent 15+ years at this company that supported and helped me through all the ups and downs that happened in my life without fear of being let go. There is always ample opportunity to advance your career within the company as well. I will NEVER forget the part that O’Reilly Auto Parts played in shaping me into the person that I am today.

O'Reilly Auto Parts insights

Based on 5,729 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Was pretty good working there, pay was decent enough, insurance and retirement options are honestly awesome.

Pros:Benefits/insurance are greatRock solid 401k/retirement optionsPretty solid systems in placePlenty of work to doPlenty of sales to makeCons:Some hiccups in management over the yearsCan be semi stringent with buying and reselling from certain vendorsDealing with frustrated/idgaf mechanics can be roughOverall, I'd recommend this position if you can make sales, have a pretty solid understanding vehicles/parts and have a certain level of thick skin

Good entry level job

Not a terrible job per se, but the job is made stressful due to severe understaffing issues company wide at the store and distribution center level. Starting pay is not competitive with other auto part retail companies though the benefits are pretty good. Seems to be a major disconnect between upper management and the stores.

Low pay, catch 22 management styles

They offer pay rates way below other auto part stores. They do offer a commission based bonus to offset the low wages. However they will tell you to reach out and build sales to increase your competition. But will not let you price match for commercial customers, they tell you to sell better service. But will only let you have enough drivers to cover the current sales and pay them minimum wage, so they have no incentive to work hard to provide quality service or timely deliveries. So its a downward spiral preventing you from improving your business. Above store level management will not invest in building business nor listen to any ideas that are not the tried and true "OReillys way".

Upper Management doesn’t care about anyone. All it wants are bonus checks

Great company to retire and just deliver parts. Everyone is way under payed. Company has Extreme high employee turnover. Start pay is 10 hr but you work 2/3 rolls in the company that need to pay about 15 plus a hr

over worked and low pay and bad managment

I have not had a problem with any store manager only the district manager and up.I would work 6 days a week for 12 hours a day and the pay for what you are doing isn't the best.

Work environment that stunts success

Working for this company is mentally and physically draining. There is no cooperation between corporate, stores, and Distribution centers making it incredibly difficult to satisfy customer needs. Workers are underpaid for what is expected of them and managers well work over 60 hours per week on a fixed salary based on 40 hours. The constant infighting and competition between different stores in the same area as well as lack of proper staffing makes success next to impossible here.

Pros

Paid vacation and healthcare benefits

Cons

Poor staffing, bad management, underpaid

Used to be good, now just a money hungry corporation.

Company used to take care of it's front lines, but after COVID pandemic in 2020, the company wages for store workers went stagnant and any request for a pay increase were either ignored or denied. With 5 years of experience with the company, I was barely above minimum wage (by a dollar or 2). The company is very transparent about how little they care about their front line workers in the stores. Short-handed and laughable pay for the skill required are a few of the downsides. I really did not want to leave the company as I enjoyed the job, but when bills start going overdue because the cost of living is ever increasing, and the company refuses to pay it's front line workers what they're worth, it's just not feasible to keep the job. I do hope they start treating their workers better in the future, but I won't hold my breath. If you're gonna get a job here, work in the warehouse or corporate. Store ends get the trash end of the deal when it comes to pay. Take my word for it.

Pros

Hour lunch break, Good benefits, Paid time off after 6 months.

Cons

Atrocious pay for front line workers, Terrible handling of COVID crisis, Requesting time off is a pain since stores are almost always short-handed.

Overall review 4 years experience.

Very unprofessional management, don’t comply with COVID-19 regulations and screenings. Unsafe work environment for employees and customers. No communication with staff. Transfer you to different locations without taking into consideration your commute to work, you have no say in being transferred either. Change your schedule every other day without giving you notice. Always understaffed. Expect you to work 12-14 hour shifts with disregard of outside personnel life. Only work to their convenience. A lot of favoritism when it comes to the ladder of success. No recognition for the hard work and efforts you put into the work you do. Overall very sad how they run their stores. The district manager will push you until you quit by reducing your hours and changing your schedule constantly. You get in trouble for not doing other employees work tasks. You have to ask permission to use the restroom because there’s never any coverage for you to run to the restroom and never any coverage to take 10 min breaks. Also if you do manage a 10 min break you WILL get dirty looks and called a slacker BY management. They have horrible turnover constantly people quit because of these work conditions and the lack of leadership.

Pros

The discount is great.

Cons

No breaks, understaffed, overworked

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at O'Reilly Auto Parts?

Discount

Employee discount is great.Upper managerment doesn't care about employees.All managerment care about are numbers.Your raise depends all on your numbers.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Upper management bad

Decent company

Decent company to work for if you are ok with staying in on position for a long time. They usually hire their store managers from other companies. So if you need to make decent pay work for another company and then get hired on at OAP

Pros

Good team members

Cons

Horrible management

Fun place to work at, where you have the potential to learn a ton about cars/trucks.

The job that I had, I was in charge of closing the store at night and when I wasn’t closing the store I was running the commercial side of things, I was always busy and selling 30-50k in auto parts monthly. I was never aloud time off, and my pay never increased much over the 3 years I was there.

Pros

Learn a lot

Cons

Pay

Good ol boys culture that lies to recruit

They are a company of acquisitions, so a lot of the processes are a mix between multiple different programs working together, which is a real pain to work with. The real horrible thing I find about this company is the culture. They are a culture of good ol boys. If you are not in that group, than good luck succeeding. Their culture of recruiting is very unethical. They will try to recruit whoever they can from their competition, even if they know they would not be a good fit, just to disrupt the competitions work flow. After that they will fire the person as soon as they can. They recruit by lying, promising things they won't follow through with, and then decreasing the person pay anyway they can. Which, a lot of times they can get away with it is through their "bonus" program. In which they will require you to "earn" back part of a base pay that was promised.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Everything else.

If you ask for help...they will remove you

Don't ask for help from this company. I had asked for help In a serious situation and was demoted for it. When you have a team that doesn't care what you say and you try to get help from upper management to help alleviate the issue you figure they would at least investigate, well that is not how it works there. Don't bother.

Cons

Poor pay and horrible management

Great for young people looking to learn management and people skills.

Great for young people looking to learn managment and people skills. Good flexibility and work hours. Has some benefits. The pay could be a lot better.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Pay, atmosphere, career options

excellent

I had a god team working with me and I have people that I as in charge and they love me me for how I treat them they were sad when I left and they want me back asap

Avoid

As a company they honestly do not care about employees or their families. If they can make a dollar thats what they want. Managment at some locations horrible other locations not as much.

Pros

Commision once a month

Cons

Lazy managment

Fast paced and customer service oriented

Career advancement is available. Support of upper management. Good benefits. Fast paced most of the time. Schedule can be tough if you have a family or kids but mainly depends on the manager.

Overall mixed feelings

I was exited when I had the opportunity to work for this company. I was ready to start a new chapter and it really was great when I first started. However once I got transferred to a new store things slowly began to change. I had talked to my manager about the problems I was having and he said he will address them however that wasn't the case and now I am no longer happy going to work.

Pretty decent company to work for

Manager pay needs to be more. Main reason most store managers step down to commercial. Best job is commercial ISS hours and pay not bad at all and better if you get overtime.

Pros

Hours for ISS

Cons

Manager pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Reilly Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at O'Reilly Auto Parts.
Powered byComparably