O'Brien & Gere Engineers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
No future or career advancement
Ooerator (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 25, 2017
They get busy and hire people then when work slows down let you go. No job security or any idea of work load from week to week also send you out of town last minute with little to no notice at all.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Work speeds up and slows down on a weekly basis
great people, but with bad management.
Field Technician - Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIAugust 11, 2017
work load is very low, pay was not fair. great people, but the management seems sometimes not to care about employees advancement.
The HR has a mediocre work culture.
Worked here 1 year
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 22, 2015
Fun place to work and high energy. Supportive personnel from the field to management. A lot of training needed, but most will have to find their own way.
Challenging and rewarding workplace.
Air Quality Monitoring Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 25, 2014
A typical day at work includes arriving at 6am and attending a morning operations meeting were any new issues or problems concerning the project are discussed along with the day's activities. Following the meeting I usually finalized and post the previous days report for my manager to review. Daily tasks usually included:

-Maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting of sampling equipment (e.g., MiniRae 3000, Photoionization Detector, ADR 1500 Particulate Monitor, Jerome J505 Mercury Meter, Jerome 631X Hydrogen Meter, Sound Track LXT Sound Level Monitor, Nasal Ranger Field Olfactometer)
-Provide data analysis, data entry and validation, composition of daily reports and diagrams
-Collaborate with construction managers, health and safety personnel and DEC officials on a daily basis
-Attend and support daily operational meetings
-Conduct orientation and training to new project personnel in accordance with project specifications

The most enjoyable aspects of my job include working with my co-workers and all the other clients and contractors involved in the project. I love the fact that I am involved in cleaning up the environment for future generations. Being able to work outdoors for considerable portion of my day is also very fulfilling.

The hardest aspects of my job probably include all the troubleshooting and maintenance of our sampling equipment. Even though this is an ongoing process and can be frustrating and challenging at times it does provide an excellent opportunity to learn and thinking outside the box. It also provides useful experience working under
  more... pressure and stress.  less