O'Brien Construction

Working at O'Brien Construction: 17 Reviews

United States17 reviews

Bonuses company partys family orrientated well organized and we'll orchestrated

Excellent company ,sole proprietor ,owner family.like environment ,time off when needed ,advancement opportunities for team players company /family events pinics party's etc always anadventure

Pros

Feeling of being needed team player environment

Cons

Weather, extreme hot and cold

I was proud to work for ti

I really appreciate it and enjoyed seeing our customers when we finish there remolds and how many lives we touched making their homes better for them.

O'Brien Construction insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment

Looking for a new job.

I liked working for O'Brien Construction but the work is slowing down with no sign of big jobs in the future. Looking to move on to better things. Hope to find something permanent

Very fast pace work. Management is a major problem. Owners are fair to a point though they treat there hourly employees unfair.

Watch out for favoritism from Superintendents and Superintendent lying to look good for the owners. It’s not a team work environment however the hourly employees were great. Not veteran friendly as l was the only one besides the owners son. Watch your back. You get nothing but a safety bonus if everyone Behaves. They want a lot for a little as possible

Pros

Safety bonus 2x a year maybe

Cons

Poor pay and advancement, Superintendent treats employees badmouths benefits no holiday pay no nothing

Don't even bother applying.

Horrible management combined with awful hours, an office staff that follows the law -- when they feel like it suits them, but never really. Any and all chance to be belittled is taken and ran with.

Pros

Honestly none.

Cons

Too many to list.

great owner

like i'm not going to write great things about my fathers company. its the best ever. learned a ton of skills .for both life and construction . just building almost anything you can dream of!

Pros

everything

Cons

nothing

Owner

Oversees the management and renovation of residential properties, capitalizing on vast knowledge as a construction manager, problem solver, multitasker and team builder. Responsibilities include oversight of subcontractors, logistical- and supply-chain issues, and vendor relationships.

Everyone worked as a team and each day is a fun adventure. O'Brien Construction remodeled many commercial and residential building where everyone has advancement possibilities.

Pros

Good attitudes everywhere

Cons

Physically demanding

Quality place to work

Quality place to work, integrity based, family owned business, full service client based construction and project management. Retail, commercial, educational

Lazy and undependable

Bounced pay checks, no over time pay, no travel pay. Terrible foreman that only had his job because he was related to the owner. Compete lack of structure

Good work crew. Kept jobsite clean and safe. I demanded first class work.

Diverse work crew with good work ethic. Well trained (by me) insisted on a safe, and clean workplace. Always. Weekly safety meetings. Repeat business. Crew all wore company T-shirts. Mandatory.

Pros

Good place to work.

Cons

None.

Energizing

Reviewing drawings scheduling contractors scheduling inspections, watch and constantly the quality of work. Setting up jobsite meetings. Also having safety meetings weekly. Maintaining a clean site.

Pros

Working with a team building a building

Cons

To cheap

Family atmosphere -

pretty demanding - responsibilities overflowed into company operations. Owner is very approachable, co-workers very supportive. However, there tend to be a disconnect between finance and operations, which maybe typical given the nature of the business, operation foremost concerns in building a project while finance is more risk management and the two clash and I work for both.

Pros

Good People

great place to work

Very good place to begin a career, room for advancement. great people and learning environment. willing to hear new ideas and is a innovative company.

Great work environment.

O'Brien Construction provided the opportunity for me to gain invaluable work experiences and learn the meaning of professionalism. From an intern to an engineer, I was responsible for a versatile workload where I kept pace in an up-tempo environment.

work

get a call whether you go to work or not, do whatever boss asks.

a good learning experence

Work at O'Brien Construction was fun due to the friendly people.The management kept me busy when I wasn't fixing engines or hydrolics,Reading blue prints to pull rebar orders with cherry picker.The hardest part of the job was picking rebar orders, the hot sun madethe rebar radiate heat like an oven.

Pros

good pay and good people to work with

Cons

short term

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Brien Construction. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about O'Brien Construction in popular locations

• O'Brien Construction
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?