O'Charley's

O'Charley's Employee Reviews

United States1,679 reviews
Showing all 1,679 reviews
Featured review
O'Charley's selected this as a representative review
Great environment with good management.
Typically fast paced and learned to work well under pressure. It was sometimes hard to do multiple task but overall easy once you have made sure the customer has had a great visit.
It is a job
I worked at a couple different O'Charely's. The first ended up closing down so I transferred to a different location. Management does not care about you. Do not expect them to have your back. If you have good customer service, you can make decent money. Just do not expect any help. They talk about team work, but really it is not the company that helps you, it is your work friends. There is frequent clashes between the cooks and servers. Overall, the job ended up not being worth the stress for me and it took me waaayyy too long to realize this.
Not the best but not the worst.
Fun environment, great people to work with and the meals are delicious. They will work with you if you have kids or a previous engagement. Respectful and understanding to a certain degree.
I enjoyed it
Well we made 2.13 per + tips and I was great dealing with the customers the staff was friendly and we worked as a team sometimes I would be there all day working and helping out
The worst job I have ever had
After working here, I refuse to ever eat at an O'Charley's ever again. The staff is rude to each other, there is a lot of drama, the manager was creepy and got into my personal space, and the environment was completely toxic. I was the only hostess doing most of the work and NEVER got recognition. I left work exhausted and wanted to cry most of the time because of the terrible things my manager would say to me. The manager does care about the guests, however that is the only thing he cares about. Do not work here.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Summary of work
I enjoy the people I work with. The customer base is okay, They could tip a little better. Most of the managers are cool. The hardest part of the job is the side work.
Favorite job ever
This was hands down my favorite job. I made great money, great memories and life long friends in my co workers and management team! The guests are amazing and very loyal to the servers they love!
Its a good experience for a first time restaurant worker
I was able to learn to something I now have a career in.
Great place for teenagers and college students looking to earn some money on the side but not recommended as a real Full time job. It's not worth it.
fun and great experiences
i had a great balance between work and life. management was good because they would listen to there employees. job security was good. you didnt have to worry about them firing you.
Worst place I have ever worked in 10 years of service
This place was absolutely the most ill managed and over run with nepotism, company I have ever worked for. Management is non existent and their disregard for genuine problems is disheartening.
great place
Great place to work. Fun environment. Great food. My manager was a great manager. The whole team was like family. A very family type atmosphere from staff and guest
Servers at O'Charley's
If you go to school, have caution. They don't always care and will schedule you against your availability. The tips aren't that great, a good day (which was rare) was around $80.
it is a good place.
It is an excellent place to work for students. The management is so so, but it is an excellent place to work. I would recommend this place to a person in high school or college.
General manager has one of the best I ever work with
I recommend anybody who's looking for a great place to work great team great management team great area directors one of the best places I ever had the pleasure of working
Pros
All pros great place management
Cons
No kinds
Drama and never consistent
I loved the money I made. bringing home 150 to 200 dollars a night that was great. The management was everywhere all the time. Employees were in and out. A girl got fired to hitting someone and they rehired her the next week. There was so much drama, because of all the unqualified, ghetto women they brought in. One of the worse places I have ever worked.
server
given the guest things they needed to enjoy a good time with there families or just them selves to enjoy a good meal. Was in a great location to sever everyone
It was great
O'charleys was.great worked for the company almost 3 yrs and never had any issues with showing up but had an incident involving customer said I gave horrible service and I lost my position with the company.
Its ok compared to others
Its a job and location were you deal with hard work and decent hours thier not flexible or as flexible as needed how ever the employees are great and freindly and would recommend as a college job
Pros
You get cash
Cons
Alot of people to deal with
Over all not a bad company. Free pie Wednesday could've been better planned. they only have 1 server that traines. All in all love the customers.
Enjoy servering. I've been a server for 22 years. The customers and employees work well together. The management are on spot. They make sure all food that goes out is expoed correct. I think team work is a must and we had that at this location.
Pros
We received our breaks everyday, If we worked over 4 hours, We are trained to help each other on daily basis, Managers did not mind helping everyday, We received half off on our food every shift and if we came in with our families we received 25%off, I really appreciate the discounts. It was worth bringing in our families, weekly.
Cons
Free pie Wednesday wasn't arranged very well, The servers had to wait to long cause the one that gives us our pies also does salad and pastas, We try to help and that was a no, no. They paid back of house more on the hour than servers, Other than that we received our food promptly.
Fast paced team environment
It is clear what is expected of you. Team Environment, everyone is expected to work together. Fast paced restaurant. Good management team.Flexible schedules.
Eh
You get paid enough but unfortunately the managers are very demanding and rude when they want things done. The customers are hard to deal with most time but (it's expected).
Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Charley's. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at O'Charley's.