O'Charley's Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,215 reviews
Have a good work ethic
Host/Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSSeptember 16, 2018
As long as I had a good work ethic and did my job well, I was compensated well and was called in for shift choices if someone didn’t show up. I believe that you should work to the best of your ability and not waste time or be careless.
ok
FOH Shift Leader/ Corporate Trainer /Bartender (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNSeptember 15, 2018
It is a wonderful job for students working through school. I loved serving and bartending. I made awesome money . Taking the step into management is where this started turning for me.
Cut throat and fun
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GASeptember 14, 2018
By far the busiest kitchen i have been in. Wasnt like i expected. there isnt much food that doesnt go in the microwave at some point and that to me was odd. Never worked in a kitchen with a microwave..
Typical Minimum Wage Position
Server (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHSeptember 14, 2018
Typically, I was in charge of answering the phones and taking to-go orders. I would prepare the orders and take them out to the customers' cars. Management was helpful (if you could find them) and the restaurant itself is quite nice. The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate guests. However, my co-workers were friendly and made my time there enjoyable.
Prepare for disappointment
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Avon, INSeptember 4, 2018
My managers constantly built me up by praising me and the work I did and spoke of how they would train me to do X or become Y. Hollow words with no follow through on their end. Asked about it multiple times and was always told it would happen "later". I probably would've stayed had they followed through on it but found a job elsewhere that paid better and actually followed through on their promise to promote.
Life at O'Charley's
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 26, 2018
It has bee over 20 years since working at this company. But, I clearly remember what it was like working there. This company was one of two of the worst companies I have ever worked at. I myself and many others were mentally beat and put down and some like myself were physically threatened. It was with great relief that the company lost it's franchise license due to embezzlement and was taken back by the corporate owners.
Pros
working with good people
Cons
The company as a whole
Mistake
Host (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 23, 2018
Do not work here it is awful. I made friends with some coworkers but the rest was always in bad moods, showed up late and didnt care. Managers favor employees and managers dont work with the ones they don't. Some managers scream at employees. O'Charley's never closes even when its snowing so they get mad when you call in because you can't get there.
Pros
%50 discount
Cons
everything else
Smelled of sewage
Server (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAAugust 21, 2018
This restaurant had a horrible sewage smell coming from the bar area. The general manager did very little to get it fixed. I had to quit eventually as it was unbearable.
was average
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 21, 2018
pay was comparable, locations were closed and that led to many good leaders leaving, when they left they took the good managers with them creating a lot of worry
Fun
Resturant Hostess (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 20, 2018
It was a fun and fast paced working environment , I made a lot of friends, and worked hard. The scheduled changed often due to employee turnover. But that's the restaurant business.
Pros
fun
Cons
no breaks
Was productive but management sucked
Hostess, food runner (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 20, 2018
The managers Scheduled a lot of people out of their availability which was the main problem for me they didn’t really listen to any of the employees but the job title it’s self was very simple easy but also fast past must be able to multi task which for me is easy
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks with double shifts
Fun, exciting place to work; easy to make work friends; management was very flexible and dealt with employees accordingly
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNAugust 19, 2018
I enjoyed working at O'Charley's with all my heart. The workplace was, for the most part, very busy. I like staying busy. it always made the work day go by so quickly. The management sometimes made it difficult but for the most part, they worked well with their employees. I learned to manage time better than I ever had before! I learned to always be on time! The hardest part to ever deal with at O'Charley's was having to make sure that everyone was doing their job so every other persons job was going smoothly. I learned that teamwork makes EVERYTHING so much better. That was the most enjoyable part of the job. The teamwork. It made the day so much easier and everyone was so much happier and everybody's job got done in a timely manner. Also, the tips while I served and bartended made the work day very good!!!
Pros
Half-priced food, people my age I could make friends with, management oppurtunities
Cons
Sometimes horrid management, drama, people not leaving when I call for last call
Its No different than any other restaurant.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSAugust 16, 2018
Like most jobs, your co-workers can make or break you. Having a good team of supportive workers can make all the difference. Working here, I ran into both. Good and Bad. I would advise if you wanted to make good tips.
Pros
None.
Cons
None.
Production
Line Cook and dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAAugust 15, 2018
I love the way they operate everyday my coworkers was very assertive and happy to make O’Charleys the best there can be. The company has great ideas and the way the dinning room is set just wonderful and make you feel like you at home.
Normal Corporate Restuarant
Hostess/Server/Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 14, 2018
As with most restaurants, the manager and current staff and make or break a happy atmosphere. There were times when it was always fun, and times when it was not worth the stress.
Loved it
Host (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 13, 2018
Everyone was friendly and got along great . Was just to much for me at the time , being pregnant. I would definitely work there again if ever got the chance.
server
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 13, 2018
this is a job for teens or a part time job for adults who currently have full time jobs and need a little extra cash. its very fast paced and upbeat and actually having the interaction with customers is what made it worth it for me.
Pros
customer interactions and tips daily
Cons
no stability in pay or benefits
Working at OC
Server (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 11, 2018
Being a server is never easy but OC wasn't bad out of the places I've worked. The discount is the best I've had at any place at 40% when working and 25% when not.
Pros
40% discount. Good food. Decent tips.
Cons
Uniform.
Good
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALAugust 10, 2018
Good it was fun. I have nothing else to say. That was everything in a nutshell. The atmosphere was always great. Great team. Can get stressfull. Bug was a blast
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 9, 2018
Has a great feel of family when you are at work. Teamwork is stressed upon. There is always a good flow to shifts. Labor is a huge focus and making sure that we are running tight shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Charley's. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight