O'Charley's

O'Charley's Employee Reviews for Server

still have nightmares about working here and it's been 10 years still I quit. A place like this and it's all about the crew you have working. With certain managers/kitchen staff that are pleasant and hard working make it easy, otherwise it can be very stressful
The overall environment was kind, coworker-wise. The managers always seemed to look down on the staff and make occasional rude comments. They seemed to not care for the well-being of staff and seemed to treat work much more like their play place.
Pros
Lovely teammates, flexible schedule
Cons
Poor management.
It's a fun place to work and really easy if you already have some server or restaurant experience! It's normally busy at night but there can be a rush throughout the day & you can start having regulars.
Pros
50% off food
I loved working here unfortunately it was when covud first happened but that didn't stop us. The ones who wanted to work and not collect unemployment me being one of them. We worked from open to close most days and we made a lot of money doing Togo orders online orders curb side pick up. While wearing our mask and gloves of course.
Pros
Great management and staff
Cons
N/a
It was okay for my first serving job. Easy to walk into but the management was unorganized and cooks would sometimes harass the women. Food was delicious and the money was alright.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Constantly working back to back open to close shifts. My pay has been changed several time without telling me. The opportunity to make money is there, but it can wear you down and burn you out very quickly.
Pros
Plenty of available hours.
Cons
No breaks
It was fun really fun but making real money is not gonna come from boxing burgers or cooking burgers or serving burgers. I recommend don't waste your time with dishwashers or hosting positions cook serve or Togo. Not a bad first job by any means and set me up for the future. I loved the people and the management that worked there. I got a tattoo.
Pros
The people
Cons
The angry customers
It a good job to work at. They worked with me when it came yo my hours and schedule. Before corona i was really making money and than every since corona business slowed down.
The general manager is literally a joke, he’s lazy, uneducated, rude, and bluntly disrespectful. has no sense of how a restaurant should be ran, Will talk about his employees badly to other employees, Finds pregnant women as a “damper on his company”. I would never suggest working at the Dayton Mall location, love the job but the General Manager of the store makes it a Terrible environment to work in.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
Terrible Management
Staff is gross and does not know about boundaries. They are not friendly to new staff. The managers are unprofessional and rude. Customer base does not tip well. Lazy managers will give you a 2 table section for weeks and give your tables away. Do not recommend working here.
I made decent money serving, but would have to work a lot of hours in a day for the money to seem worth it. The company is dying and managers are under a lot of pressure. At one point, we had hours taken away if we didn’t sell enough bottled water. Nobody ever wanted to buy bottled water when they could have it for reee. They’d rather have a soda.
Management doesn’t care about your needs. They will cut your hours if you won’t pick up shifts and belittle people in the company. They’re disrespectful and the environment is toxic.
If you just started serving or bartending , the slow pace of this restaurant would be perfect for you ! Two out of four of the mangers actually have management skills .
I felt under pressure. Felt not good enough. Management made me feel I couldn't do anything right. They talked down to me in front of other employees.
Pros
Tips
Cons
I no longer work for this company. It was many years ago. Loved the people I worked with, but only one or two servers got the best section. It was impossible to make money. Hated the uniform at that time. Ugly shirts in clown colors. No chance to move up. One general manager was great and the other was not. Kitchen manager was a nightmare to work with.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Favoritism at its finest
you wind up working alot of doubles and a two hour break in between is actually worse than just working straight through, because by the time you go home and relax you have to pep yourself back up and turn around and go back.
I didn’t make much money when I first started but Now I make pretty good money. I think the key to get the money is working hard and be patient when you first started. The management is pretty laid back and helpful. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. You will make money on weekends.
Pros
Laid back environment.
Cons
The place can be really slow on weekdays.
There was like 5 employees that I looked forward to working with and every other employee actively tried to make you want to die on your way to work rather than have to work with them.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Bad tips, bad management, bad coworkers
It was a good serving job, nothing special, some nights better than others. Made lots of friends. It was overall an okay experience and it taught me will power... wants roll constantly but had to restrain myself
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Consistently poor
Nothing special about it to be honest. If you’re looking for a regular job with pay everyday that you work, and fast paced... this is your job.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Shared tips, pay
I love my job most days lol It’s a flexible schedule so I want to work more hours I just pick up a shift. It’s definetly a job that you get what you put in.
Pros
Discounted food