O'NEILL Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
S Las Vegas Blvd #37b - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  7400 S Las Vegas Blvd #37b, Las Vegas NevadaFebruary 6, 2018
Everyday at work we meet nice people, its a great atmosphere to work in. Management is fair and very easy to talk to and understanding when people cannot come into work certain shifts
Pros
60% off clothing
Cons
short breaks
Laid back feeling
In-House sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Working at O'Neill right after college was eye opening. It was the first time I got to witness office politics and all the little things that go into running a company.
Pros
good people, bring your dogs to work
Cons
low compensation
Its cool
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 13, 2017
its cool. they're very understanding and whatever but they're very adamant with the daily goals INDIVIDUALLY, not as a team. sales get stolen a lot then get distributed when that specific person reaches their goal. so it gets pretty unfair sometimes, then they're going to tell you to do better, when you're already trying your hardest, while the other person is just behind the register waiting for someone to buy something. You don't really get a raise, so if you're hired at minimum, expect to be that way for a while. typical day, you go to work, put stuff away, fold clothes, help customers out, if its slow and you're not making goal, then you'll get sent home.if you're closing then sucks to be you because they save everything for the closing associate. So if they opened up like a hundred boxes, best believe you're breaking them all down and throwing that all on your own. Idk it was an okay experience. Everyones cool, just not my cup of tea. nothing really hard about the job. good way to start building experiences and stuff like that. just go in and do your thing. its up to you how you make your experience.
Pros
employee discount, experience, not that hard
great starting job,
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 19, 2017
advancement in workplace is difficult, learning new styles and names in inventory, cash handling training, interacting with different kinds of people everyday,
Working at O'Neill
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 10, 2017
O'Neill was my first job and I'm glad that it was because it made me enjoy working in retail. The environment was lively and the customers that walked in are usually nice and they don't brush you off when you try to engage in conversations with them. Working at O'Neill, I've learned what good customer service is and I've gotten better with my communication skills. Manager is hip and easy to get along with; as well as the workers there. It's a job that doesn't require much experience but you will have to remember policies and what a product is meant for (i.e. boardshorts and wetsuits). Sometimes I regret quitting but you live and you learn sometimes, right?
Pros
better communication skills, learning what good customer service is about, nice customers
Oneil review
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CADecember 14, 2016
Great work environment that was fast pasted and offered great benefits and future opportunities for any employee. Overall a great first job and even possible career.
Very unprofessional and a lot of rule breaking.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 21, 2016
Lets start of by saying management was horrible. I learned alot of do's and don'ts from working there. A lot of rules were constantly broken by management as well. I gained a lot of skills from O'Niell as well. Organization, punctuation, how to work a cashier, and responsibility.
Company was a new company
Document Control/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAOctober 6, 2016
O'Neill Service group was a good company to work for. They allowed me to have a flexible schedule as I was a single mom. The insurance for the company was just ok. I am happy to have worked for this company.
Pros
Felxiable for a single mom
O'Neill was awesome
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 15, 2016
Store was run excellent, all co workers as well as employees were amazing and proficient in completing all assigned duties.
Fun environment to grow as a person
SCIENCE TUTOR (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMarch 30, 2016
In a typical day, I helped students learn concepts and study for exams related to the sciences, such as chemistry and biology.
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 17, 2015
maintaining the store in a neat order. Greeting and helping customers with cheery attitude. And helping customer's get their items rung up.
Pros
60 percent off all merchandise
energetic and fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NVJune 24, 2015
our main goal was to make sure that customers walked out of our store feeling great! We took care of the customers and were very knowledgable about our products. In order to sell merchandise you have to know your products! We had quotas every day that we were required to meet and our manager was very motivating and helpful. All the coworkers got a long and were very competitive but not in a bad way. This way we were able to sell and still have fun. We greeted customers and made sure we took care of every single person that walked through the door. The hardest part of the job was sometimes exceeding our quotas but that kept us on our toes and allowed us to reach our full potential. The best part of the job was the friendly and fun atmosphere.
alright workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 16, 2014
wasn't my cup of tea, co-workers were cool, job was too easy, very repetitive, management wasn't very professional
Pros
was able to wear comfortable clothes
Cons
short breaks, horrible scheduling, not enough hours
It was mainly a job for me nothing really exciting about coming to work.
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 21, 2013
My day typical at O'neill was a very slow paced place nothing much to do. The manager she was always on her phone let the store whenever she wanted to never had a set goal for the store did not really care about the store.
The associates are great
Assistance Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2012
Looking for more of a challenge. Open and Closed store

Supervise sales associates

Projected year to date goals
Pros
discounts
Cons
i don't see myself moving up in the company
great management
Key holder/ Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 25, 2012
My manager was great but the district manager was un professional and rude.