O'Reilly Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 4,743 reviews matching the search See all 4,749 reviews
Go Green
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSDecember 15, 2018
I love working for Oreillys I have been there for 11 years now. Everyday is new task for me. Which I love its keep it from being boring at work, We take our work seriously and make sure the customers are happy with their products and their services from the employees.
Pros
great health insurance
Cons
not enougth of the day to get work done
Only plus side, they worked around my school schedule.
Retail Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  McKinleyville, CADecember 15, 2018
Worked around my school schedule. Earned stock in the company after allotted time which is alright. Cheap parts. Dead end no room for advancement. fdafdsafdsa
Fun
Retail Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maple Heights, OHDecember 13, 2018
It is a great place to work just bad management. The manager at the time was under to much pressure between work and health issues. Not the greatest place to get trained.
Fast paced
Retail Service Specialist (Management) (Current Employee) –  Lodi, CADecember 12, 2018
great place to work, to start off a career in the auto parts industry
advancement is available and opportunity is there. would recommend if you have experience.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
low salary
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 12, 2018
I worked with some real good people that helped me move up quickly and taught me a lot. I also got to help people with their automotive needs which was something that I have always liked doing.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Not everyone in the company lived the O'Reilly culture
it was good while it lasted
Parts counter sale (Former Employee) –  Palmer, MADecember 12, 2018
Analyzed the operation of the department and provides technical assistance to the employees of automobile parts.
Worked with body shop manager and service manager to ensure a timely turnaround of parts required for internal jobs.
Attends managers meetings and conducts weekly meetings for the automobile parts sales department.

Handled the tasks of monitoring and supervising daily reports.
Responsible for developing sales promotions for various automobile parts.
Developed, enforced and monitored set guidelines for working with customers to ensure customer satisfaction.

Responsible for supervising stock order procedures
Ensures that the same high level of quality service is provided to internal and outside dealership customers.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
there is always some you deal with them.
ok
ROUTE DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2018
After working for Oreilly many years I find that the culture and employee treatment has not grown with time. I believe it has a little catching up to do as far as compensation and employee culture.
It really depends on management
Driver-Cashier-Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 11, 2018
When I first began working, my store had an amazing manager. He got promoted and left within a month of my hire. Next manager was pretty good, though employers were bitter cuz he asked a little more of them. Not too much, mind you, he asked an appropriate amount. He got promoted and left, so a third manager came in. Again, he was alright, no problems. I changed job positions and moved to another store. Management was alright, though butted heads with each other. Store was slightly divided, but working ok. Got my last transfer to a store with the worst management I've ever had in my entire life, and I've been working for 15+ years. This job was horrible, and the store was falling apart - but the managers were patting themselves in the back for "fixing it". No job is perfect, but O'Reilly's was ruined for me because of bad management. My best review is: if you have bad management, talk to the higher ups about it. O'Reilly's is a great place to work if you have decent managers. Pay is fine, hours are fine, work load is ok if you are ok lifting and doing busy work, and if what they have doesn't suite you, there's probably another O'Reilly you can work for.
Pros
Discounts, good company, incentives for sales staff
Cons
Unless you move into management, not a lot of pay quick increase. could get a horrible manager
On The Road
Courier (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 11, 2018
O'Reilly was a good place to work at. The demands for parts delivery was extremely unreal, but other than that, it was a good place to work. The employee discounts are awesome!
Pros
Great Discounts
Cons
Being a driver
Solid place of employment
HR/Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTDecember 10, 2018
Very structured in how things are to be done, below average pay in the industry on the Distribution side, very good at training its team members with on site training.

Want to know more about O'Reilly Auto Parts?

Ask a question
No raises, Treated poorly, non caring company
Hub Manager, Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIDecember 10, 2018
It's almost impossible to get raises. You get promoted with no pay increase even when you turn down the promotion. I've been there for six years and make the same amount as brand new employees even less than some. I've been promoted twice with no raise. I get called names constantly and when I call HR and tell them what happened they say they will look into it and nothing ever gets fixed. No one is happy within our store and everyone smokes through the building. Also another thing our corporate wont do anything about. Overall a cheap company that doesn't care about their employees.
Cons
Pay
productive with advancement
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Dinuba, CADecember 10, 2018
oreilly takes care of there employees, there is always something going on with the company were any employee can be a part off. There is always opportunity for advancement.
Great people
PARTS SALESMAN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2018
I learned a lot working for this company. I also met a lot of great people. They believe in hard work and their is opportunity to grow. They also were flexible with my work hours.
Average day at work
Store Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Lake Stevens, WADecember 9, 2018
Usually i worked 12-9 and i enjoyed going to work. made a bunch of friends there had fun while working but keeping it professional. i liked the fact that every one the worked there were good friends we would often go to places to hang out
Co workers vary friendly and got along vary well
Merchandiser/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILDecember 8, 2018
Vary friendly environment .I got more knowledge about auto parts management and coworkers worked vary well as a team nothing to hard I couldnt handle .
Pros
Good discounts on auto parts
Cons
Low pay
fast working
Front counter sales (Former Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNDecember 8, 2018
lots of the time you get to work you go straight checking customers out and helping them with finding parts.
had to stock shelves and organize parts and clean store.
manger bought me lunch all the time and was easy going.
Pros
great to get to know people during slow times.
Cons
doesn't pay enough.
productive, educative
Silver Creek Rd - RSS Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 7, 2018
While working here I learned a lot about the automotive industry. It allowed me to get a better career. Workplace culture is amazing, I had the opportunity to work with some of the most educating people.
Pros
Paid vacation, paid sick days
Cons
Low on staff during busy days
Great Customer Relation
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  MidwestDecember 7, 2018
Awesome repeat customers but terrible recognition from upper management on job performance. There was not much of a home life as i spent up to 6 days a week working.
Incredible Place to Work
PC Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 7, 2018
O'Reillys work environment is phenomenal. At first it starts as a job and later turns into a second family. Everyone there is so kind and generous. In and out of work they will help you if you need it. Depending on the day the pace of work can change. It can be stressful at times, but a majority of they time it is at your pace. As long as you got the assignments done on time and made sure priority jobs were finished ASAP, you would be just fine.
Great crew of people.
Oriellys driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 7, 2018
Very fast environment for customer needs an auto parts. Parts were delivered on a daily basis to satisfy customer needs. Computer knowledge was a must.
Pros
very well stocked company.
Cons
Poor management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Reilly Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.6K
31.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Powered by Comparably