O'Reilly Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 4,601 reviews matching the search See all 4,607 reviews
My store was a perfect mix
Parts Specialist and Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Quincy, FLOctober 18, 2018
I had a perfect mix of people that worked well together. We were able to have a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. I understand not all stores were as fun, but it worked well at my store. We also kept things competitive for top sales numbers. Upper management in my area had a problem with a weak backbone and something of a falseness towards employee happiness.
Pros
Good commission
Cons
bad hours, poor middle/upper management
Higher management don't look out for their employees
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Jenison, MIOctober 18, 2018
High management take their role way higher then they should. They are just another company that takes and takes, but working with the right crew you learn a lot and create a healthy fun positive environment
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Higher ups
fast,easy,heavy warehouse job
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAOctober 18, 2018
days were based on work load to amount of crew ratio if we had a small crew on a heavy day we would work 11+hr some days we would work 4 hours ,during summer it would feel like oven because its not climate controlled easy job,kind of a workout due to all the fast walking squating lifting pulling pushing
Pros
paid 15 minute break, potlucks for crew
Cons
small crew, not climate controlled
Only for a side job for the discounts
Retail Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 17, 2018
At the particular store I work at management is poor. the current manager will give the people he likes the best shifts even if they don't have the knowledge that is required. He even discriminates against reservists and National Guard Soldiers. If your are either do not apply to work here.
If the manager was changed then it could be decent place to work. It is fast paced and was a friendly environment.
Pros
discount on parts
Cons
No breaks, favoritism, poor management
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 17, 2018
Great place to work overall. Only issue was promises not held up by upper management. Promote from within and great perks. Absolutely love the direction of the company.
Pros
Benefits, 401K, work schedule
Cons
Sometimes feels like it's not what you know but who you know.
Mixed Bag
General Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 17, 2018
If your one of the chosen, you are a rising star. If not, consider yourself an also ran and be ready for the end. Tends to like younger managers, that can be pushed around, will not tolerate questions as to why something is done the way it is.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Very long hours, once your not a star your gone.
Not for family oriented people
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 17, 2018
This is not a position with the company you would want if your a family man. Some of the DM's for this company are no good and if your not a part of the "boys club" they will not give you the help you need at store level. Upper Management really need to take a deep dive and really spend some time training their DM's.
Horrible working conditions.
Material handler/order picker (Former Employee) –  Nasville, TnOctober 16, 2018
Long hours with no end time so they are always short staffed. Positions open to hire from outside only and they do not let you change departments. Poor management.
Pros
Good benefits. Quarterly lunch
Cons
No stop time
My Workplace
Driver (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAOctober 16, 2018
Love interacting with Customers, and delivering to other companies!! Also, I love working with my coworkers, they are all real team players. I have learned how to travel to different areas without GPS!!!
Pros
love the discounts on parts
Cons
healthcare is a little expensive
Good clean company just wanting change
Rss and sales (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 15, 2018
Good company just need something different. I would recommend this place as a good job for anyone. They don't discriminate age,gender or race. I'm not leaving them because of anything but just want to work in a Motorcycle Shop. I have enjoyed the people I work with and will still purchase my auto parts there. O'Reilly Auto Parts is a good Company I just want a change.
not a bad place to work
General Help, Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Devens, MAOctober 15, 2018
I worked at OReilly's Auto Warehouse for approximately one year. I had previously worked for Potpourri in Townsend, Mass for one year. I did mostly janitorial work there.
Pros
received more than average pay increases
Cons
could not work out all my disagreements
Ok place to work
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 15, 2018
Nice place to work great discounts. But very little room for advancement. Very little did they give you raises. Decent breaks. Need to buy your work shirts.
Pros
Freindly environment
Cons
Not enough breaks and had to pay for shirts
It’s a job
RSS Closing manager (Former Employee) –  Paris, KYOctober 15, 2018
It wasn’t that hard but the district manager I had disliked my store because of the distance he had to travel so he basically didn’t help us very much. The coworkers were fine other than they would call you on your day off to work or ask questions. There training program they forced you to do was beyond simplistic.
Pros
Easy overall
Cons
Annoying, pay, upper management
N/a
PARTS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Nānākuli, HIOctober 14, 2018
Work hours never set. Never a set work schedule it fluctuates between workers and you availability. Work on weekends and holidays. Sometimes it gets really busy.
Helping others
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 14, 2018
I have a passion for working on cars. This job afforded me the opportunity to display my understanding of how vehicles operate and the pars needed to keep them operable.
Pros
Discount on car parts
Cons
Non flexible when it comes to weekends
Oreilly Store manager (Current Employee) –  Iola, KSOctober 14, 2018
This corporation is a great place to work it is a national company with room for moving up in the company. I started as a driver and within 15 months I was a store manager. I did come in with experience though.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Can be stressed
good
Parts Associate/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 14, 2018
good company to work for when in school really good with scheduling was a fair pay and worked well with school and life problems that came about. good company
Good work enviroment, poor management
Assistant Receiving/Shipping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 12, 2018
Steady work flow, relaxed, fast paced environment. Multiple departments to work in, opportunities to grow with the company without a degree. Management was shady and two faced.
very fast pace
Driver/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVOctober 12, 2018
this was my 1st job in the auto field i was so scared but the team helped me understand what every part was they never judged me for asking for help and always asked if i needed help if i looked stuck
Pros
fun team
Cons
everyone called in
Fast paced work enviroment
Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 11, 2018
Really like the company and its business model. Wish they paid more, but with part time, it's expected. Truly a team concept, from driver to manager. Good company
Pros
Everything..
Cons
Wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Reilly Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.5K
31.2K

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight