O'Reilly Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
41.2K
Found 3,715 reviews matching the search See all 3,719 reviews
Very poor management. Low pay lot of hours
RSS (Current Employee) –  South Lyon, MIMay 20, 2018
Good job for a part time or a collage kid. But not a career. You need no automotive knowledge. And you do not need to care about customer service. And a great job for a single person.
D.C 12 in forest park suck
Maintenance Tech II (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAMay 20, 2018
The word team does not Exist at all. Our supervisor in the maintenance shop doesn't know nothing about convert belts.. There is a lotto favoritism a
Pros
Discount on auto parts
Cons
Pay, Benefits, All the above
Poor environment
Inventory/HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Devens, MAMay 20, 2018
Would never refer this company to anyone that I cared about. They treat you like a # not a person.

The medical benefits are awful. The management is completely useless
Pros
Commute
okay place
DRIVER/PARTS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 19, 2018
its an okay place to start off but it gets old quick its repetitive and you pretty much get the kinda of know it all customers that you would expect at any parts place
Management was good but pay sucked.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 19, 2018
I liked the management and the people I worked with, but the pay sucks. I began at $8.50 per hour, and after two years (and a positive evaluation) my pay was raised by 17 cents to $8.67 per hour.
Oreilly's is a fun place to work with good people.
Parts Professional (Former Employee) –  Hondo, TXMay 19, 2018
Oreilly's would be a great career if it paid accordingly for the expertise it looks for. You can't get an ASE certified tech for $10 per hour that can work at any shop for $30.
Pros
Good company
Cons
low pay
Not a great place to work
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMay 18, 2018
Pay is very low. You are pushed to answer phones a certain way. If not, you get in trouble. You have no social life with this place, Upper Management doesnt really care about its employees. No praise for when you do good. But mess up a little and you get into trouble.
Pros
Employee 5% over cost discount
Cons
Not enough space here to complain
Good place to start
Sales (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 17, 2018
It’s a good place to start out in the auto field, not a place to stay and make a career out of, I learned a lot in the time I was there from the company and customers
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Non-stop
Ok Experience
RETAIL SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 16, 2018
• Complete and submit required paperwork
• Assist customers with cash and credit returns, exchanges, receipt of merchandise, order processing, calls, etc…
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
cool place
Retail Sales Specialist/Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2018
worked hard, had fun, just wasnt paid enough. enjoyed selling parts. love working on cars.had great manager, the hours were okay just wanted better time
Pros
discounts
Cons
low pay
Very kind people
Corporate Assistant II/ S.I.T (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 15, 2018
Loved working for O'Reilly. Great company. Great values. There is always room for growth within O'Reilly. Probably one of the best companies I had the pleasure of working for. I would have stayed with the company, had there been a warehouse location where I was moving to.
Pros
Events, people, values
Cons
hot warehouse in summer, cold in winter.
Workplace culture
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Uvalde, TXMay 15, 2018
Work was fun. Fast paced, but enjoyable. Competitive. I loved to rearrange and clean the warehouse and put like products together so they could be found more easily. At first I asked for permission, but later was given the warehouse to do how I pleased. But, I still asked for advice before doing any major movements. I was a full time delivery driver and I loved every aspect of my job. Unfortunately, I left this job for better pay.
Pros
discounts on merchandise/flexible work schedule
Cons
I was not making ends meet with the low pay
Great Benefits bad management in some locations
Commercial Manager/ Assistant Manager/RSS (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 15, 2018
A typical day at an Oreilly auto parts store is like any other jobs, it has its good days and it has its bad days. Good days consist of people needing help for a vehicle problem or improvement, most the time the parts person has a solution and the customer leaves satisfied. On the bad days the customer demands the parts person to fix their problem and well that can go wrong fast with impatient customers. Here you will learn a lot customer service skills., learn about vehicles, selling skills, team work (in some locations), Clock management, the list goes on. It all depends on what you want to learn. The management is not consistent its stressful when management doesn't do anything. If you have a week manager the team will be week or in some circumstances the team holds up the store while the manager take all the credit. All in all this is a ok job to get familiar with auto parts and customer service skills. Seeing the customer leave with a smile in their face can make your day.
Pros
Full time Benefits, Employee discount
Good
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 15, 2018
This is a company to work for. It has decent benefits. The hours are flexible and can work with various schedules. There are a lot of locations to reduce commute.
easy going work place
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 14, 2018
Good culture and place to work but for the knowledge and work you have to have and do the pay is not worth it. They also give 24hr of paid vacation after 6 months full time witch is awesome and also have good discounts for employees and good benefits.
Pros
Great discount on parts
Cons
Bad pay and work schedule
Full of culture
Assistant Manager/ Training & Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAMay 14, 2018
Good Company, ethics and Company Culture are strongly emphasized. Corporate mandates stress minimum crew for any day, often employee ratio would be 6-7 to 1.
Pros
good ethics and parts availability
Cons
understaffed
Perfect job opportunity
Retail Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kernersville, NCMay 14, 2018
Delivering parts and supplies to customers in a timely manner. Learning locations, types of clients, and very fun to work there at O'Reilly's. There are all kinds of cultures working there to help with all types of customers. The hardest part would be, there is no room to put supplies and parts. We need a bigger store and a more organized store. There are some good suggestions to help customers keep up with their purchases. Such as, having a wallet card or key chain card to keep up with the purchases for the customers. This way, no one certain person has to keep up with the customers products they have purchased.
Pros
Flexible with getting off for a few hours to go to the doctors or dentist.
Cons
Disorganized, and not enough room for new merchandise coming in.
Awesome
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCMay 14, 2018
Amazing company to work for. I loved working there! Sometimes it got crazy and overwhelming but some how we always managed to get through the week! Amazing team staff always looking after one another
great job
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dunlap, TNMay 14, 2018
a great place to work. paid decent but found a better job. would love to work there again. learnt alot about the parts side of the automotive industry.
Pros
discounts benefitts
Cons
pays every 2 weeks
fun
Driver/depot (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 14, 2018
i would scan in truck. sort everything by ales in totes. then stock the whole store. i would also do deliveries for other o'reilly stores. also for shops around the area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Reilly Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

68out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Powered by Comparably