O'Reilly Auto Parts

Found 8,058 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,081 reviews

O'Reilly Auto Parts insights

Based on 3,095 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Great company to work with

Featured review

O'Reilly Auto Parts selected this as a representative review
This company has great culture. I loved working for them especially in Central Oregon. The District Manager is the best. If you want to work for a company that will support and promote you this is it.Keep in mind it’s Retail, so that means evenings and weekends, some holidays, but you can go as far as you want in the company

Pros

Good to work for, decent pay

Cons

Retail, work evenings and weekends

Poor pay, very little time off

Underpaid. Little/no requested time off is granted to those who ask the right way. Not permitted to use vacation/pto without approval and never approved

Pros

Parts discount

Cons

No time off requests. Underpaid.

Dishonest management

Tell you anything to get you hired change everything once you start and basically tell you they don't care if you quit I was told daytime hours then they totally switched the schedule to closing every night typical day you show up then they determine not enough sales and tell you to go home

Pros

Easy work

Cons

No clear direction

Fun place to work low pay

Good opportunities for advancment but the pay isnt there. Fun place to work if you want to learn about cars and parts. Good employee discount. Good hours. Good management. Good work culture.

Pros

Fun work

Cons

pay

I absolutely loved my co-workers!

Learned a lot about vehicle maintenance, diagnosis, and repair.Mostly face to face sales and incoming questions.In the 4 years I was there, there were 5 different management changes, and lots of turn over with co-workers.

Pros

Great energy, good benefits

Cons

working all nights and weekends sometimes for months

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Good job for high school or college student

Manager(s) are ok but of course they talk down on some or don’t take pride in helping others achieve greatness. If you want to move up it has to be a minimums of 2+ years and your managers have to approve it

Pros

Benifits

Cons

Hours are long and pay is low

Good guys to work with you; not much money

Really enjoy the folks at work. Pay is below par and advancement opportunities are far between. Health insurance is expensive for what you get. Promises about promotion are made but not often kept.

Pros

Good folks

Cons

Expensive health insurance, low pay

If your looking to make a living keep looking

Unfortunately the plan with this company is for their labor force to simply work their fingers off and be thankful for the minimum wage pay while demanding maximum effort. Yes the people typically are great to work with in my experience, if they stay. The revolving door of new hires moves so fast you’d have to start ru….. sprinting, 15 feet before the door to get through it and you’d still probably risk your arm or leg in the process, as I obviously am trying to stress how bad the new hire turnover rate is, that said it’s the biggest problem but not the only one. The prices are higher than their competitors and service tends to be much slower because they lack staff to provide proper service because most people can make more in wages working fast food jobs. Please understand my experience as a store manager is jaded, I lived at my store because it was never fully staffed for more than a year. More like I managed a store with 4 people for an entire year the four includes myself. Yes the pandemic had much to do with the situations I dealt with yet all it did was show how broke this employers compensation was.

Pros

The people at the retail level are typically good to work with

Cons

Everything else.

Management doesn't care about you

You are expendable and not worth a decent pay, or to be treated with respect. Management doesn't care, they promote friends before people with experience. Terrible pay!

Cons

Good culture up to management to promote it.

Highly dependent on District Manager. They have a lot of control if they are not responsive stores can suffer. Good culture of customers first. Low pay in store keeps people sticking around, take an extremely long time to get someone promoted.

Pros

You get a cut of sales and profit.

Cons

No work life balance, don’t pay enough down stream to retain employees.

Overwhelmed

Long hours are mandatory not optional, Poor management, Company Comes First Always, You are Replaceable there is no flexibility in hours, Lots of heavy lifting

Pros

Decent Pay/Job security

Cons

Mandatory Overtime no exceptions

Great competitive pay.

The compensation is great, monthly incentives, the discount is amazing and accrual of hours isn't bad. When you can find employees who want to join a team culture it is a great place to work. Some management decisions I wouldn't necessarily agree with.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Long hours sometime.

Customers become family and everyone is kind and helpful

I recommend anyone looking to work at a parts store to give O'Reillys a chance! They look after their people and are always trying to help you advance!

Pros

Breakfast

Cons

Pay is too low.

long hours not allowed to sit.... ever

They expect too much out of their employees and give nothing in return, expect you to work a 9-10 hour shift on your feet and if your caught sitting down for a couple minutes even if there are no customers you will get berated

Pros

The discount is nice

Cons

everything else

Boring and energy draining

O'Reilly Auto Parts severely under pays many of the most knowledgeable people in their company and gives people that go above and beyond to take care of their customers no recognition at all. As one of the more knowledgeable team members at my location I am very unhappy with the compensation for what they ask of me on a day to day basis, whether that be helping the more complicated customers or having to do other team members jobs on top of my own because they are unable or unwilling to do so themselves. The manager at my location is a great person; however, this is company a terrible to work for, there is not a single day I wake up happy and excited knowing that I have to drag myself to work for this company.

An Ok Job but could use improvements

The staff if great to work with until management started hiring people who slack off and don't wish to learn and work. Many people that were hired either do not show up or are disrespectful to staff that has been working there longer. Management needs work, they are too relaxed and do not manage when management is needed. The hours are good and so are the benefits.

Hard work for little gains

I’ve worked at the Billings DC for 2 years now. I enjoy the overtime which is easy to acquire with helping other departments and allows you to cross train and know different aspects of the job. The management is quite poor though, always seeming to plan on the go and never coming together to have a plan for a day. Also no one is held accountable for poor work or productivity, they are just told they are doing great and to keep pushing on. Most of the team members are very easy to get along with and very knowledgeable about their job functions.

Pros

Good amount of overtime if you don’t mind long hours

Cons

There can be mandatory over time as well as working Saturday. Poor managemnet

Official response from O'Reilly Auto Parts

November 22, 2021
Thanks for providing a review of your experience working with O'Reilly. We strive to create an inclusive environment that reflects our Culture Values so every team member feels they are represented and have a voice. We're sorry you had a negative experience, and thank you for being a part of our team.

Good place to get your parts knowledge started

Love working here and helping customers. Pay is not what it should be though. Upper Mgmt. is not the best. They could pay more attention to what the Store Mgr's are asking for.

Pros

Great work enviroment. Flexible work schedules.

Cons

Low pay.

Great temporary Job

Great temporary job especially if you trying to learn more about cars or even to get your 50% off discounts on parts, every store is understaffed, if your lucky the coworkers are gonna have your back and are like family, theres definitely no room to grow you will only grow if someone leaves or get fired and NEVER any raises and only minimum wage so like $8-10...Oreilly's Does not care about you they are super strict with customers being right even if they are clearly wrong it only takes someone with a phone and time to call corporate and complain for you to lose your job...also just a funny but annoying thing that will get to you is simply Customers getting mad at you for not knowing THEIR car ( model, make, year, And problem) and get really weirded out when you ask for their tag to run through the system or VIN.... anyways if i had a project car and needed cheap parts i would work here or even to have a Temporary job BUT THATS IT.... Overall 3/5 hope this helps

Pros

Good coworkers, Hours are fair

Cons

all stores are understaffed, Minimum wage pay, rude customers, hard to get time off

No support from upper management, low pay.

No help with staffing from upper management, no home/work balance if store is not fully staffed and no help from upper management. All stores short handed. Company is a 10 billion dollar behemoth and pays all employees like they are dirt. While DM’s and above sit and point, do nothing and watch the money roll right into their bank accounts. I left on my own terms and couldn’t be happier.

Official response from O'Reilly Auto Parts

November 22, 2021

Tough busy location

The culture is real you get people who arent quite there yet but the job is fairly easy my time offs get accepted the benefits are good they support us. Management is not really good .No paid breaks .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Reilly Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.8K
2.4K
2K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at O'Reilly Auto Parts.
Powered byComparably