O'Reilly Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Heavy carrying parts
Sales and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 17, 2018
It was a job that i was able to have during school in order to get bills paid. I do not see this job as a long term future for me. I delt with plenty of conflicts raising my daughter and management not understanding the need of a single mother.
Pros
Meet tons of people
Cons
heavy carrying
n/a
Parts Specialist/ Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 17, 2018
A typical day at work is fast paced and ongoing. Learn to deal with different personalities and traits. Learn more knowledge on different tools to be used.
Great place to work, just geared more towards men since it is in the automotive industry.
Freight Claims Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 17, 2018
Busy phones, checking faxes, maintaining spreadsheets. Processing freight claims, department meetings weekly.

The hardest part was working in the automotive industry with so many stores and several distribution centers.
Pros
Purchasing was a great department and the management was outstanding.
Cons
Being female in the automotive industry.
Outdated Company
Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 16, 2018
This is another company that abuses its use of part-time workers. There is absolutely no merit-based accomplishments. The company's number priority is NOT the people who work for them but constantly pushing outdated business practices.
who needs a gym when you have rotors
driver/inventory/parts specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Johnsbury, VT/Berlin, VTAugust 16, 2018
answering phones, looking up parts with both computer systems and analog systems (books), delivering parts to professional shops, handling money, checking in and counting inventory, facing shelves, working with a small team of like minded people. good people to work with, able to flex a schedule to help meet family needs. great place over all
Pros
good place, good people, fun place to work.
Cons
can take some time to get advancements.
Managing Tough But Rewarding
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 16, 2018
It's a great company to work for if you look to make a life-long career with a company. Many ways to advance, and to do it quick! Must be hard worker willing to put in much overtime, as you are treated with a lot of autonomy as if you own your store. Great benefits, and good pay for the job required. Can be stressful in slow seasons, because some pay is commission based, but preparing with long term goals makes the job less stressful.
Pros
stock options, huge discounts, full benefits, great business model
Cons
you work the hours that people call in, you cannot call in for any reason.
productive and fun work environment
Part Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LAAugust 16, 2018
lots of people. Each and everyday there was something new to look forward to!he culture was laid back, the pay was not a lot but u didn't do that much, i was a night manager and i didn't like the hours . the hardest part of the job was the turn around on people and it looks like they hired anyone he says it all. Best job in the world if money is not important to you. Hours are flexible. Typical 5 day,8 hour shifts with a break. Able to make your own decisions. Decent benefits. Hardest part of the job is when customers come in with a broken part.
O'Reilly Auto Parts is a great place to work
Assistant Store Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAAugust 16, 2018
In my experience, O'Reilly Auto Parts is a great place to work but in the time that I have spent with the company, there have been a lot of personnel changes.
Pros
health care, benefits, 401k, stock options
Cons
no consistent schedule, long hours
Great company to work for. Great opportunity to move up the ladder.
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 16, 2018
This is a great company with awesome opportunities for their employees to participate in. The company promotes within so all employees are presented great opportunities.
Pros
The customers become friends for sure. The company has a great employee discount!!
Cons
Battery acid gets the best of your clothes.
Great job, BAD PAY!!!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2018
Title says it all. Best job in the world if money is not important to you. Hours are flexible. Typical 5 day,8 hour shifts with a break. Able to make your own decisions. Decent benefits. Hardest part of the job is when customers come in with a broken part.
Pros
discounts
Cons
pay
I love the enviorment i work in
Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help the customers find the part they are looking for and making sure they leave with a smile on their face.
I liked my job
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Minerva, OHAugust 14, 2018
Depends on your crew and your boss on how it will be working at a specific location also has a good team work environment not a lot of heavy lifting just have to be a people person
Great work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayette, ALAugust 14, 2018
Its a great place to work. Loved seeing familiar faces company takes great pride in their culture and mission. The hardest part of the job is when you get upset customers.
Pros
Great business and work enviroment
Cons
angry customers and benifits could be better.
I love O'Reilly
Hub/Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 14, 2018
I had the best job experiences here. It is an at home type of job that makes you feel comfortable and appreciated. But some employees look at you like you are dirt that you walk on.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Degrading employees
it was a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAAugust 12, 2018
it was a fun place to work. but some of the customers we delivered to were not really easy going. they were almost all rude and some were racist. i wouldn't go back there.
Overall good place to work.
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHAugust 12, 2018
Busy place to work, fast paced. You can keep busy if you want, some don't. Provide training on various items that they sell. Good discount program on things you purchase through them, including engines, transmissions etc...
Pros
Good People
Cons
pay
Fun job, easy money (what little there was).
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 11, 2018
Route driving is easy work, except for the occasional heavy lifting and navigating traffic. If you pay attention to your paperwork, and have good organizational skills, it's very easy work.
Pros
Easy work, discounts on parts.
Cons
Traffic, low pay (minimum wage), low hours.
Fast paced
Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 11, 2018
Always busy. Fun place to work. Great people. My boss was the best. Extesive training. Willing to work around my school schedule. Time off when needed.
Pros
flexible
Cons
long days
Horrible!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAAugust 11, 2018
This job is not for anyone that is looking to do more with their life. If you are looking to grow or just pay your bills you will not get far. I spoke with my manager about more hours, and they turned me down. I worked a whole week by myself delivering parts while the other driver was on vacation. I tried hard to prove myself. I was making 8.50 per hour working one and sometimes two days a week. They fired me when they found out I was working at NAPA making more hours but the same amount a hour. This place is not for someone young looking for a living. They should hire older people that has retired and just looking to do something. It's horrible there. I am so glad I was fired because I was breaking by back just to be fired. I will never want to go back.
Pros
Discounts on parts
Cons
a lot of work and under paid
O'reillys
customer service in English and Spanish (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CA 91766August 9, 2018
Coworkers are typically car enthusiast and hardworking people. However most customers assume you are a mechanic so there maybe some need for patience. hardest thing you'd ever have to do is change a battery which isn't hard at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Reilly Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.5K
31.2K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

68out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at O'Reilly Auto Parts.