O'Reilly Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 5,048 reviews matching the search See all 5,054 reviews
fast passed environment
Hub Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 22, 2019
It depends on which store you go to. The hub makes the most money, and so there are better opportunities there. Management is alright, but depending on which department you go to, it can get a bit hectic and a little too fast passed.
Pros
discounts, benefits, buy-in benfits
Cons
unless retail, breaks are short. depends on which department you are in.
Great plan, poor execution
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Purcell, OKMarch 22, 2019
Understandably, you cannot pay unexperienced employees top dollar. Although, someone with experience can make decent wages, if they do not see you fit for those wages, they offer bottom dollar. You have to suck up to move anywhere in that company, otherwise hope you're content where you're at.
Pros
1 hour lunch, plenty of hours
Cons
No paid lunch, low pay
Not too bad of a place
Counterman (Former Employee) –  Winnsboro, LAMarch 22, 2019
It was alittle better working at oriellys. I was payed a bit more than minum wage so that was nice. It was pretty payed back. Since I worked nights it was slow but great.
Pros
Relaxed place
Cons
Short hours
It was a great experience, wish it wouldve been longer
Retail Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMarch 21, 2019
Great place to learn and work, good commissions, good hours, good management, bad corporate management, good coworkers and good team place, nice customer base
Not a bad place to work.
Parts Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  NHMarch 21, 2019
I worked as a Delivery driver for O'Reilly Auto Parts for a while. It was a good job. Just not the best paying. I lucked out having a good store manager.
Cons
Pay and benefits
It was ok
PARTS DELIVERY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 21, 2019
It was ok... would have stayed longer if i was getting full time with benefits and more then 25 hours a week... but they wouldnt give me either so i left
Pros
cool company, cool people
Cons
hours and pay
Don’t do it
RETAIL SERVICE SPECIALIST (MANAGEMENT) (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 21, 2019
Poor management . They want you to do more than what they are paying you for. Refuse to understand that I have a child (only person there with a child) working way to much and not having any time with my child. Refused to work with my schedule
I really enjoyed working with my team.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Huron, SDMarch 20, 2019
Just like any job there are ups and downs. Most stores have decent people working there. They have really good products. there is a loaner tool program that is very useful
Pros
Everyday is different.
Cons
Common knowledge isn't so common
Lots of customers
Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 20, 2019
Typical day at work included ordering parts, installing headlights, and the occasional battery. I took out the garbage daily, front and faced oil and batteries, spray paint, headlights, and other products that we sell.
Pros
Discounts on all products
Cons
very little breaks
Changes
Real Estate Tax Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 20, 2019
There have been changed in the company while I have worked there. They used to put people first, now you are just a replaceable body. Leadership is non-existent in most departments.
Benefits
Cons
Leadership is very lacking.

Want to know more about O'Reilly Auto Parts?

Ask a question
Fun workplace and some amazing customers
Parts Specialist, CSR (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCMarch 20, 2019
We had groups of customers and shops that we dealt with. They gave us the best experiences at work because they were business people, but still knew how to come in and make you laugh. I enjoyed my time at their.
Truck drivers Stay away
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 20, 2019
The first lie was home everyday on the application. I was in dirty hotels, Bad smells in rooms, lots of roaches, drug dealers around, bums, It really felt like they were trying to put me in the worst places they could find. Management would get on to me for others mistakes and I was suppose to fix them. I was treated like I was a bad driver, but I did not make many mistakes like most of there drivers did. I also was one of the few drivers that actually did what I was asked to do everyday. They lost a great driver and a great person. Was treated very poorly by management, that did not respect any of the new drivers, even though in many cases the new driver was doing a way better job than the older ones.There were times They would test new ideas for WAY TO LONG in the warehouse making drivers sit for 4 hours or more waiting for loads. I am no rocket scientest but I could tell it would not work from day one. Any time you touch something 3 times vs 2 lol its going to take more time.
Pros
Company itself is a good compant with ok pay. Nothing else good to say
Cons
Management called drivers lasy, No Teamwork
Customer Service
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Woods Cross, UTMarch 19, 2019
If you like helping people you will love working here, and working on cars. Have a hobbies and help people all at the same time. Fast paced fun people.
Pros
Driving and customers
Cons
pay
A company that needs training in how to handle bad management
Driver and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 19, 2019
I want to say that things were fun and great. And while I worked there I met many good people and great managers.
I think the managers need to have clearer goals, and need updated stores to help customer needs.
Good working environment
Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAMarch 18, 2019
It is a good working environment to work in but fast-paced and stressful at times when dealing with some of the customers you deal with on a day to basis.
Pros
Good co-workers, discount
Cons
Fast paced
Can be fun at times.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMarch 18, 2019
The pay isn't all there, work around 9-11 hours a day. If your willing to put in the work, you can move up in the company. If you are not willing to put in the effort and long hours to insure that the store is running well you wont make it far.
Pros
Discounts, good work environment, good management and co workers.
Cons
Long hours, pay could be better for the effort put in.
Its fun and you can make alot of friends
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, TXMarch 18, 2019
You can make a large cliantail if you know a lot about vehicles and parts. Don't give anyone a discount that not allowed to get it. Do your job keep the store clean and your job is safe.
Pros
Emloyee discount
Cons
Dont pay enough per hour.
I moved from HUB Driver to RSS in 3 months.
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMarch 18, 2019
The rate at which you can move up in the company was great. The pay is what was lacking for me. Full time work here can net you just enough to live at the RSS level.
not a bad place to work
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gate City, VAMarch 17, 2019
Not to bad to work for I would recommend for someone wanting auto parts experience. The Manager is very cool and will make the scheduled to fit your need if your in School or have a second job.
N/a
Retail Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cherokee, IAMarch 17, 2019
I cannot review them super in depth with my experience due to the highly personal interactions that were of the negative nature between other employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Reilly Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.7K
31.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Powered by Comparably