O'Reilly Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 4,372 reviews matching the search See all 4,378 reviews
it was a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAAugust 12, 2018
it was a fun place to work. but some of the customers we delivered to were not really easy going. they were almost all rude and some were racist. i wouldn't go back there.
Overall good place to work.
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHAugust 12, 2018
Busy place to work, fast paced. You can keep busy if you want, some don't. Provide training on various items that they sell. Good discount program on things you purchase through them, including engines, transmissions etc...
Pros
Good People
Cons
pay
Fun job, easy money (what little there was).
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 11, 2018
Route driving is easy work, except for the occasional heavy lifting and navigating traffic. If you pay attention to your paperwork, and have good organizational skills, it's very easy work.
Pros
Easy work, discounts on parts.
Cons
Traffic, low pay (minimum wage), low hours.
Fast paced
Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 11, 2018
Always busy. Fun place to work. Great people. My boss was the best. Extesive training. Willing to work around my school schedule. Time off when needed.
Pros
flexible
Cons
long days
Horrible!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAAugust 11, 2018
This job is not for anyone that is looking to do more with their life. If you are looking to grow or just pay your bills you will not get far. I spoke with my manager about more hours, and they turned me down. I worked a whole week by myself delivering parts while the other driver was on vacation. I tried hard to prove myself. I was making 8.50 per hour working one and sometimes two days a week. They fired me when they found out I was working at NAPA making more hours but the same amount a hour. This place is not for someone young looking for a living. They should hire older people that has retired and just looking to do something. It's horrible there. I am so glad I was fired because I was breaking by back just to be fired. I will never want to go back.
Pros
Discounts on parts
Cons
a lot of work and under paid
O'reillys
customer service in English and Spanish (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CA 91766August 9, 2018
Coworkers are typically car enthusiast and hardworking people. However most customers assume you are a mechanic so there maybe some need for patience. hardest thing you'd ever have to do is change a battery which isn't hard at all.
Fast paced and stressful/skillful job.
Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 9, 2018
This job taught me a lot about customer service and the importance of maintaining a positive outlook. Also required me to work competitively with other co workers because of the incentive that was offered. The auto part knowledge that was required doing this job is very plentiful and quite enjoyable.
Cons
Short brakes, sometimes rude customers, management was not very good.
great place to work
Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILAugust 9, 2018
manager is a great guy to work for very under standing and willing to work with his employees. working environment is a great place everyone is willing to help each other and pay is good for the job
Great Place to Start
RETAIL SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 9, 2018
This company is great for your first job or for a second job, but not as a career. Unless you get into upper management, pay is relatively low. Its great for experience and for learning about automotive parts.
Loved the Job Itself, But Hated Everything Else
Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houghton Lake, MIAugust 9, 2018
Was the best Merchandiser in the district (those were the DM's words not mine), and was harassed by other coworkers trying to get me in trouble all the time. NOBODY would do anything about it, not even their TIPS Hotline. I received a ton of awards and even became a Certified Parts Professional which no other Merchandiser in the entire company had done. Was treated poorly. When hired I was pt and was told I'd always get 30 hours and I did at first, but they sent me to too many inventories at other stores (where they also tried to not pay me for travel time, which was an hour or more one way) and gave me too many extra hours, so they cut me down to 26/week and said it was only till the new year,but when the new year started they kept me at 26. They finally made the position ft, because they realized it was hard to get all your own job stuff done when you are doing the job of 3 people but still never got much more than 30 hours . Their "manager conference" is a big party not a "training" opportunity. This was only the tip of the iceberg, so much wrong with the way this company handles its business.They were making so much money it was unreal but yet they made me wait for 4 months after my 2 year review to tell me I was maxed out at my current pay and they cuouldn't give me a 25 cent raise after our min wage had just gone up and I was barely above it yet again.
Pros
I loved putting together plan-o-grams
Cons
Hipocrites, liars, digusting people, most of which were without a soul or conscience
Life as an assistant manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, TXAugust 8, 2018
I normally worked mornings with the manager, inventory clerk and one driver. Mornings were always busy with literal running to grab parts and assisting customers. Business slowed down but stayed steady around lunch time. There is always something to learn and grow on. Anyone can help improve your skills and knowledge including customers. All in all it was a good experience and I would recommend working there to others. I was not happy with new management so I gave my two-weeks and left with good relations on all stages.
Pros
Co-workers treat you like family, someone is always buying lunch, always someone to cover if you need it
Cons
Management stays confidential and doesn't inform employees of changes
alright
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIAugust 8, 2018
Not ever very busy and most of the time the customers already know what they need so finding the parts they need is usually pretty easy and straight forward.
Productive, comfortable workplace, good teamwork
Counter Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, MAAugust 8, 2018
Great place to work for a starting job or for minimal advancement. Unfortunately the way Oreillys corporation is structured it can be hard to advance in position just because the corporation is nationwide. Pay rate is decent. Staffing is also an issue at times. One of the reasons being is incentive pay which is based of individual sales. The store as more then one responsibility then to sell auto parts all the time which I feel promotes laziness for people to make a bonus instead of doing other store functions like dealing with back stock or cleaning.
Pros
Good work atmosphere, good management at higher level
Cons
Short staffed, work load can be overbearing at times, incentive pay. Recent pay cuts
fast, quick paced, yet enjoyable place to work
Stocker/Parts Specialist Driver (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAAugust 7, 2018
quick-paced atmosphere and alot of walking. yet enjoyable. Learned alot about automotive parts that I wasn't quite knowledgeable of and was able to gain a better understanding of how the automotive stores operate along with the distribution center.
not a good fit
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fernley, NVAugust 7, 2018
the work day was long and the DM was a jerk .. training was inconsistent. very disappointed with the leadership, not much else to say except if you are interested in learning about auto parts check out AutoZone they treat their employees much better..
Pros
good customers
Cons
bad leadership
overall good place
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 7, 2018
My love of cars made it very easy to work at O'reilly, The workplace was familiar and the people were for the most part easy to work with as well. The managers and employees were very personable as well.
Very demanding
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Adamsville, GAAugust 7, 2018
Wanted more time then I was willing to give family time was a good part of my life. Working with customer was best part of job helping customers and people with car issues.
Pros
Quality parts
fun job - lack of pay
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILAugust 7, 2018
At the entry level 3 positions pay is competitive and work is rather enjoyable.
When you move to assistant manger the pay only goes up a dollar and the job duties double, most stores are understaffed so the hours increase but thats countered by the overtime pay so it works out good for you.
I was there for 4 months and showed the right people the right stuff and gained my own store. As store manager your duties are through the roof, as expected, but the pay is not there. I made more as an assistant than store manager by a decent amount each check. You are expected to work "45-50" hours a week but then have to schedule yourself 60+ hours a week each week.
Long story short, if your in the 10-13 a hour range its a great place, one you get management though, money is half what it should be for work put in.

For a store manager to be expected to work 60+ hours a week and only take home $1,100 every two weeks and support a family is beyond me.
Pros
fun at lower levels - nice parts discount
Cons
pay - hours - smoke in mirrors
good
Parts Professional (Current Employee) –  Winfield, KSAugust 7, 2018
good workplace for high school i would like to move on the management sucks at this time and i have no bearing on the decision making even though i have been there longer than everyone but my manager
Pros
discoumts
Cons
no schedule
Fast past
Retail service specialist Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXAugust 7, 2018
Oreilly Auto parts is an awesome company to work for I learned alot working there and the other employees were awesome as well........................

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Reilly Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.5K
31.2K

Diversity score

68out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Powered by Comparably