O'Reilly Auto Parts Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Found 249 reviews matching the search See all 5,878 reviews
ping pong
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Camas, WAAugust 19, 2019
After working for 4 years with the company the district manager made stuff about me and let me go. The only way you make manger is to suck up to the District manager
Pros
etc.
Cons
they didn't care about there employees
very family feel based job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCAugust 10, 2019
retail, i learned how to be apart of a team. management was amazing. the culture was everything. hardest part of the job was dealing with angry people. most enjoyable part of the job was actually being helpful to people.
Customer service, and selling PARTS is the meat and potatoes of this company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bogalusa, PoplarvilleAugust 8, 2019
Though managing this business was similar to the competition, I found some security issues and the training programs for new employees is not a credible program and there is not enough time provided to participate.
I loved working here because of the customer service which is why we're in business. I did however have to leave to recover from my substance abuse. I'm almost six years sober now and this is one of the few retail companies I would return to.
Good company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Litchfield Park, AZAugust 2, 2019
Wants people who will step up and work hard. Has continous training to make sure employees are up to date on all new products on the market. Will look to promote within
Enjoyable customer service opportunities
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 25, 2019
Begin days preparing employee cash drawers and lining up tasks for employees shifts. Handle daily operations such as waiting on customers, locating correct parts, diagnosing vehicle issues and minor part instillation.
The most enjoyable part of work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAJuly 24, 2019
The most enjoyable part of work where the customers. Been there for such a long time getting to them and actually making them feel welcomed by their own name was great.
Facts
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2019
Company only cares if you makes sales for them. You have to be insisting to get promoted or more pay. Wouldnt work here if you are a parent they dont work with schedule.
Awesome job, does not promote with in
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mauldin, SCJuly 13, 2019
This company preaches on promoting with in the company but i have seen them go outside the company a lot over the past few years. need to focus on the people that help build the store to promote
good job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Stilwell, OKJuly 11, 2019
oriellys is a good company to work for I would recommend anyone to work there I learned a lot an it gave me confidence on my people skills. got to meet good people and amazing shop owners had great work atmosphere
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay
Nice place to work if you are young and like low pay.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJuly 11, 2019
Work night and day shifts during the same week, every week end and most holidays. This company has different standards according to age and being a drinking friend of district manager.
Pros
Auto parts cheap to buy
Cons
Poor cmmunication and obvious favortism
A job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Prague, MNJuly 10, 2019
Some customers like to complain to get a deal from the manager, or the would call the district manager and complain. I am a believer put it in writing, make the compliant and if to be found in anyway false be charged for filing a false report. That could cause a issue with employment.
Pros
Nothing is free
Cons
Health care, not enough taken out of taxes
Best
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gladewater, TXJuly 5, 2019
This was by far my most favorite job. No matter what if you need help with work or something personal someone would make sure you got the help you asked for.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 28, 2019
It was a great oportunity to learn and use my abilities as a lider great people and work enviroment, every day was a challenge to learn something new and to help costumers.
Good place to work for a college student
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2019
Great environment, could use better management. The overall atmosphere created by the consumer and customer relationship is great with regulars always coming in. However, as in any customer service industry you will have customer conflicts.
challenging
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 17, 2019
an average day is answering calls, servicing customers and stocking and locating parts. on busy days it is none stop and you could get behind if you do not stay on top of stock.
Great Job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Stafford Springs, CTJune 11, 2019
This company is fair. Pay is good. Hours are decent. This company treats you as a person not just another number on a punch card. Its full of loyalty and respect.
Great job.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkville IlJune 9, 2019
You deal with customers on a daily, great people to work with when your on the right team. Good benefits, room for advancement, awesome discounts. Learn something new about cars on a daily.
Pros
Great benefits, awesome discounts, good working enviroment
Cons
HR not helpful and DMs are strict
Was a decent place to work. If I had decided to make sales a career, O'Reilly would have been perfect.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, OKJune 5, 2019
Most days are come in, help customers, professional and walk-in, and maintain store appearance. It taught me skills to quickly connect with people and how to ask questions to quickly identify the need of the customer. Strict scheduling is not a guarantee at all, no hours are certain beyond two weeks out. Often asked to work significantly longer shifts, and expected to not refuse despite not officially being forced to work outside the schedule by company policy. Refusing to come in off schedule can and will often be held against you.
Pros
Decent, reliable commission check
Cons
Short breaks, often understaffed
Nice place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, WAJune 4, 2019
I enjoyed working for O'Reilly's. I started as a part time Driver and in 3 year worked my way up to Assist Manager. I enjoyed helping customers with thier car problems and finding the parts to get them back on the road again.
I did nit like the fact that I worked very hard to become Manager of the store and when the opportunity came for me to advance I was told by the district manager even though I know what I am doing, he does not think I would be a manager of a store in his district. So I left O'Reilly's to find a job where I can be appreciated, and have room to advance.
Pros
Got along with team member
Cons
Would not be able to advance.
ok place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 31, 2019
slower than other auto places to work, dicount is very good, auto parts are greater than some places, little expensive but overall good parts and brands

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Reilly Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.9K
31.5K

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

O'Reilly Auto Parts Reviews by Location