O'Reilly Auto Parts Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Found 279 reviews matching the search See all 5,717 reviews
I'm a store manager at O'Reilly auto parts. It a good job
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  7600 Earhart New Orleans LouisianaJuly 21, 2019
Reilly auto parts is a great company to work for but I want more chance to advance more chance for promotion chance to run a Walmart store as he store manager. I can do the job.
Great place to work, Great culture!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 24, 2019
In the 5+ years I had worked there was great! Towards the end of my run with them I saw lots of changes. The company in a whole is ever growing and expanding. They have the right idea when it comes to auto parts and know how to dominate the market. But....however Tucson! Has the wrong upper management running Tucson. I felt there was no appreciation for the employees nor the store managers. There was no room to grow or breathe being micromanaged and no trust.
Interesting
Store Manager I (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 24, 2019
Good learning experience , great training program. Very user friendly operating systems. Not the best life/work balance. Team members at store level should be treated and paid far better.
Love it
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 23, 2019
Oreilly auto parts was a great job. Good management who cared, and great work life. A good amount of job advancement for those who strive to go up in the company.
Great company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, VAJune 23, 2019
Great company upper management at time was not in line company philosophy and goals. That particular manager no longer with company. I would have stayed with company
Fun, challenging workplace. retail enviroment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 21, 2019
I agree with everyone else, PAY is to low for a multi-billion dollar company. At what expense to the customer service is it costing us? Pay a better wage = retain better people.
Simple concept really. P.S. for the corporate people turnover rate is directly related to low pay, and NO benefits for PT help. Change those two things alone, this will fix 80% of the turnover rate..... Not the store managers that can not compete with other companies with better pay and benefits.
Good Reputable Parts Store
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDJune 19, 2019
Relaxed atmosphere. Always something to do. Customer service is a must! Expanded knowledge of automotive parts and mechanical design. Upper management approval.
Pros
Discounts. Company stability
Cons
Upper Management issues.
O'Reilly's is a good company to work for. Has a good training programs
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 11, 2019
With great benefits.Easy to move up in the company like to promote with in.The more money your store makes the bigger your paycheck is . Store mangers go to conference every year we get to meet the suppliers and talk about there product.
Mosly fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lemoore, CAJune 9, 2019
Good opportunity good people to work with good. Management team great training opportunities fabulous place to work if you like people a d cars. Customers made the job rewarding
Pros
Employee discounts good training
Cons
Mone
would have retired from there
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJune 5, 2019
i planned to stay there for 30 plus years i enjoyed the work the people the company is a great company to work for. i would highly recommend there as a place to make a career
Good
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Orrville, OHMay 17, 2019
Good place to work. Culture is great just not enough pay. The management is awesome as well as corporate management. Nothing bad to say at all about the comoany except for the pay.
Good Job = Not a career
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 13, 2019
Good Ft job if you are easily satisfied. If you are seeking a career consider this a stepping stone. Work normal hours = No $ Bonus, Major hours required to be successful.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hours
Selling parts
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  River Falls, WIMay 13, 2019
Its retail. Not a bad place to work but dealing with grumpy customers is draining. Its not as simple as just checking out their purchases. Car knowledge is helpful. Patients is very helpful.
Current manager
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaMay 11, 2019
The job is what you make of it. Strong company with plenty of growth opportunities. Yes, as a manger you can work some long hours but if you build your team right you won’t. Pay is based on your performance and the performance of your store. If you just want to collect a check and get by this is not the place for you. If you want to learn, have a chance to grow and are willing to put in the work you can do well.
Pros
Benefits, culture and competitive pay
Cons
Long hours initially
Poor pay, stress of dealing with public
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Taylorville, ILApril 29, 2019
If you are not a store manager of above you don’t make enough to live off of. As a store manager I didn’t think I got paid enough to have the responsibility’s and the stress it required.
Cons
Poor pay
Quality
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Wheelersburg, OHApril 12, 2019
Quality place to work, clean near and we'll run stores and good upper management.good pay for management but could pay team members better. It was a good experience
Pros
Good communication, compettitive management pay
Cons
Could pay team members more
competitive and challenging
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLApril 11, 2019
for my role of 5 years in position the company is great and my District manager is great but the regional manager caused me a lot of problems, has good benefits but you pay for all of them the stock plan is nice and the company seems to really care about the individual employees I do not want to leave the company just the regional manager
Pros
lot of autonomy the store manager really runs the store
Cons
not many people want to have to buy auto parts so can be a negative environment
Great place to work for.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLApril 1, 2019
Great company to work for, some areas need improvement and a better look at what is actually going on. The company is growing faster then they are prepared for and some of their Culture Values get lost in the rush.
Loved it very family oriented
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MultipleMarch 28, 2019
Great place to work took very good care of me for over 10 years. I enjoyed it but with my son I needed closer to home for my child’s needs and couldn’t travel.
Good place to get your parts knowledge
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 11, 2019
Good company to start a career with. Good place to learn about parts and about a retail operation. Starting pay is low. I enjoyed my time here, but to me working in these store is a stepping stone type of job. It’s something you do for a few years to get into a field. I’ve learned so much and am grateful for that, but I don’t want to work 60 hours a week for 40 hours worth of pay.
Pros
Salary pay, make your own schedule, paid vacation, benefits
Cons
Long hours/ long weeks, pay not reflective of time over 40 hrs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Reilly Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.9K
31.5K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Powered by Comparably